Don't Leave Me Please.

Alone?

Dongwoo sat in the taxi as his heart beat raced. He was worried and scared. What if I am too late? Was what he couldn't help but think. He wasn't certain about what he thought might happen. He just had a feeling that something very bad was happening.

The taxi stopped outside of the gate and Dongwoo paid him the money that was required. He got out and looked out at the field and saw a figure that couldn't be anyone but Hoya. Seeing this Dongwoo felt a bit relaxed. Maybe L was wrong and Hoya was okay? He thought. Dongwoo started to make his way to the gate keeping an eye on the figure. When suddenly the figure dropped. And worry returned to Dongwoo once again. He started to run towards Hoya as fast as he could. He finally got to him and was shocked by what he saw. Hoya was laying there as blood continued to escape from the cut in his arm. Dongwoo was scared but he knew now was not the time to let his fear overtake him. With his shaking hands he ripped some of his shirt and wrapped it around Hoya's cut pressing it with all the strength that he had. Once he was ensured that enough presser was applied he got his phone out of his pocket and called 119. There was a trace of worry in his voice but that wasn't the only thing, there was also a trace of fear in his voice as he spoke and told the emergency service where he was.

"Hoya don't worry everything is going to be alright. I'm here now, Dongwoo is here." Dongwoo said holding onto Hoya's arm as tears started to fall from his eyes for the first time in years.

The sound of sirens filled the cold air and light flashed like crazy. They rushed into the field and ran towards where the two was sat. 

"He still has his plus so there is still time and his breathing is regular." The paramedic said checking Hoya before lifting him into the back of the ambulance. With Dongwoo following behind them.

He sat in the ambulance as the tears continued to fall from his eyes. He sat by his side holding onto Hoya's hand as he watched the paramedics get to work hooking him up to a heart beat monitor and giving him oxygen.

"Don't worry he is going to be fine I promise you. At this moment all you need to do is to be strong, Okay? Don't worry we will save him." One of the paramedics said trying to comfort Dongwoo. All Dongwoo could do now is trust them.

 

They arrived at the hospital were Hoya was quickly taken into the emergency room. Leaving Dongwoo to stare at the empty space that he left behind. His tears had stopped but his racing heart beat still remained. He walked outside and dialed L's number with his still shaking hand.

"Hello?" L said as he answered the phone.

"It's me Dongwoo" He said with a faint voice. He sounded worried and tired

"Dongwoo are you okay? Is everything alright?" L asked from listening to Dongwoo's voice he knew something was wrong. 

"I'm at the hospital,"Dongwoo replied in his same wake voice. 

"WHAT, what happened? No, wait tell me when I get there I'm on my way." L said before hanging up.

Dongwoo walked back into the warmth of the hospital and sat on one of the chairs staring at the emergency room door hoping that when it is opened only good news would be there for him. 

He was tired. He had lost strength. His eyes started to close but he forced himself to keep them open. He couldn't sleep. Not when he was unsure if Hoya would be there when he woke up.

 

L and Dongwoo sat in the waiting room in silence as they waited for news. Hoya had been in there for a long time now and their worry only increased as every second passed. The light on the top of the emergency room turned off and the doctor came out. Dongwoo stood up immediately as the doctor walked towards them.

"Are you friends of Hoya?" The doctor asked Dongwoo.

"Yes, I am. Is everything okay?" Dongwoo said trying to stay strong. 

"Please follow me." The doctor said as he started to walk towards his office.

They sat in the office as Dongwoo heart continued to race. Why hasn't he said anything about Hoya's condition? He is okay, isn't he? Dongwoo thought as the doctor pulled up Hoya's files on his computer.

"Hoya has had to be given blood. He lost quite a lot of blood. But thanks to you. He was able to be saved. If you didn't reduce the blood flow then... Well, let's not think of it." The doctor said.

"So Hoya's okay?" Dongwoo said starting to feel revived.

"Well yes and no. A few weeks past he hit his head quite badly. And that still hasn't cleared up yet. It was critical that he took care of his head and made sure that he didn't hit it at all. since then he must have bumped his head and damaged a lot of the tissues..." The doctor started.

"So what does this mean?" Dongwoo said as yet again worry returned.

"This means that. His body put him into a state of lockdown and external rest. He is still alive but he is in a state that appears that he is sleeping. He is unresponsive to any form of stimulus."

"How long? How long will he be like this?" Dongwoo said raising his voice a bit  

"Well, coma's are tricky things no one can ever say anything about when a patient in a coma will wake up. So I can't say for sure when he would wake up or... Or if he would even wake up. All you can do now is wait, hope and pray for a speedy recovery." The doctor said with disappointment in his voice. 

"And there is nothing else you could do. Nothing at all." 

"Like I said coma's are tricky. As a doctor, I wish nothing more than every patient to be healthy. But sometimes things are out of my grasp. And this is one of those times. You have to stay strong. All though Hoya may be unresponsive he may be able to feel the atmosphere around him. If you don't stay strong then how do you expect him to? He has been put into the intensive care unit. Here. I have written down his room number. He is allowed, visitors. But be careful of his head and arm." The doctor said handing him the paper with the room details on.

"Yes, thank you for all your help." He said taking the paper from the doctor.

"I'm a doctor it's my job. Plus his sister was a patient in the past although I was just a trainee at the time I will never forget her."

"His sister?"

"Yes, she was ill a lot. So she stayed at the hospital quite a lot. Any was you should get going your friends waiting for you."

"Oh, okay."

"And remember just because he is in a coma it doesn't mean the end of his life. I'm sure he would return again." The doctor said before Dongwoo despaired into the quite hospital hallway.

 

He walked down the empty hallway towards Hoya's room listening to the sound of his footsteps with each step he took.

He got to the room to see L sitting by Hoya's bedside. Taking a deep breath he walked into the room. And pulled up a chair next to Hoya's bed.

"Woohyun called while you were talking to the doctor. He was worried and asked where you were. And why your phone was off." L spoke first.

"Oh. Really what did you say?" Dongwoo nervously questioned. 

"I told him that you were at my house. And that you would be staying the night. Don't worry I didn't tell him anything about being in the hospital." L ensured.

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it what are friends for?"

"I will be okay here you go home and get some rest. I'm sorry for interrupting your night."

"Don't be silly. You didn't interrupt my night."

"Okay now go. I'll be okay by myself don't worry"

"Okay. But are you sure I have no problem in staying here with you. You should be the one to go home and rest you have been through a lot."

"No. I have to stay here. Go it's quite late"

"Okay. But I'll be back tomorrow with a change of clothes for you. I'm leaving first."

"Bye," Dongwoo said waving to L as he left the room.

Dongwoo held Hoya's hand and rested his head on his tummy. Just like the first time Dongwoo went to see him in the hospital. He lay like that for a while and without him realizing it tears started to fall from his eyes. But still, he lay there next to Hoya wishing that this was all a dream. He wished that this was all fake and that it was just a figure of his imagination.

He sat up and looked a Hoya and started to talk to him. He didn't care if Hoya could hear what he was saying or not he just wanted to tell him. Even if it was the last time he would see Hoya. He wanted to tell him.

"Hoya. Why did you try to take your life away? Was is it because you thought that you were alone? If it was that reason then you are wrong. Hoya, you have me. And you always will. To tell you the truth I have lived my life with a mask. A mask that I was scared of taking off. When my parents died my world turned dark and just even darker as time passed. But with Woohyun, Sungkyu, L, Sungyeol and Sungjong. Once they entered my life I got distracted from that darkness. It was still there but at the back of my memories. I wanted them to be happy so I always try to smile. I thought if I smiled then they would always stay with me. I hide my pain whenever I was in pain. I hid my anger whenever I was angry. I hid my tears whenever I wanted to cry." Dongwoo said as he tightened the grip he had on Hoya's hand.

"You came into my life I saw your pain. But I didn't just see it I felt it, I experienced it. You felt lonely, didn't you? You also felt regret, fear, sadness, and worry. I wanted all of that to go away. I wanted you to feel like you had someone because you have me. With this realization. My world became much brighter because I knew from the moment you opened up to me just that little bit you would not leave my side. That you was scared of losing someone else just like me. And that you finally accepted that fear. I would like to ask you for one thing. Please if I could ask you for a wish. I would ask that you don't leave me, please. Even If you never want to see me again that's fine as long as you live on." Dongwoo said before laying his head back onto Hoya's tummy and drifting off into a much-needed sleep.

"Don't leave me," Dongwoo whispered.

 


HappNew Year

It's the second day of the new year but happy new years anyway. I hope everyone has a brilliant year. I hope everyone receives a lot of blessings and good health in this new year. For both you and you family. Here is your late new year's gift. Thank you so much for reading my fanfic so far :). For all you born in the year of the horse, it's you year :). I'm born in the year of the ox how about you?

Note I do not know anything about medical things or things to do with comas. so don't take what I wrote about the coma as fact. But I do know that if you have a bad cut you have to apply pressure

Now infinite take it away.