The Return.

Alone?

Dongwoo traveled home after losing against Hoya. He wanted to say with Hoya until he got released form hospital, but Hoya had demanded that he went home and rest in his own bed. Even if it was only for one night, Dongwoo didn't want to leave him there by himself. But he did have to admit that he had been cooped up inside of that hospital for to long. The moment he had stepped outside he felt like he was just stepping into the world for the fist time in his life.

As he sat in the car looking at the passing of life. He smiled at Hoya and Sungjong's first, well second meeting. He smiled as he remembered how Sungjong just awkwardly looked at Hoya, and started to start a conversation with him. Sungjong got annoyed when Hoya didn't answer any of his questions. But Dongwoo could tell that Hoya would soon open up more. And he was looking forward to seeing that happen.

As Dongwoo's destination approached he started to wonder what everyone's reaction would be like. He hadn't told anyone that he was coming home after so long. He wondered what he would say to Woohyun and Sungkyu, who of which he should be mad at. But really he didn't feel mad at them any more. How could he be mad when Hoya was now awake. And there was nothing to worry about. 

"I'm sure everything is going to be fine." He whispered to himself as he continued to stare out of the taxi window. as he was getting close to the place he called home.

The taxi stopped at the front of the gate. After paying the driver he entered in the pass code in and unlocked the gate. Every thing was still as he remembered it to be. It was the start of spring now and the fresh sent of flowers could be smelt even in the chill of the night.

He walked down the long path to wards the door. Ringing the bell when he had gotten to it. He could have entered the code in to open the door. But he wanted to let everyone know that he was there. And the best way he thought of doing just that was to ring the bell. He didn't have to wait long until one of the maids opened the door and after seeing Dongwoo she smiled brightly. 

"Master Dongwoo, it's good to see you." She said bowing to Dongwoo who frowned and made his way into the house.

"Hello, how have you been? It has been long hasn't it. But I told you not to call me master." Dongwoo said to the maid now with a smile on his face. 

"Oh, that's right. I'm sorry." She apologized with a bow.

"Oh, it's okay you didn't have to apologize. Just don't call me master. I don't like it." Dongwoo said in the most cheerful way he could. "Everyone hasn't eaten yet, have they?" Dongwoo asked unsure if dinner had been served yet.

"No, dinner is still being prepared. It should be done in half and hour." The maid said with a smile. She couldn't believe that Dongwoo was back. The house had been different ever since Dongwoo started to stay at the hospital. Everyone knew that there was a different atmosphere around.

"Well I was going to tell everyone that I am back now. But I think I will surprise them. So please don't tell anyone that I am here. If it's not to much trouble." Dongwoo smiled hopping that he could surprise everyone.

"Sure, I will call you myself when dinner is ready. You must be tired so please go rest mast- I mean Dongwoo." The maid said Smiling sweetly at Dongwoo. She liked how Dongwoo was so polite. It's not that anyone at the Nam residences was rude. It was just that Dongwoo always had this easy going mood that was just lovely to be around.

"Thank you. I'll take my leave then." Dongwoo said before bowing to the maid and climbing the stairs. To his room. He didn't need to worry about bumping into anyone. This is because he knew what everyone would be doing at the time.

Mr and Mrs Nam would most definitely be in their study working like crazy as they always did. The rest of the staff would be preparing the dinner and the dinning room. Sungkyu and Woohyun be on the over side of the mansion Studying in one of the many libraries that was in the house. Or they would be doing vocal training in their music studio. There was only one person that he was unsure about. And that was the witch it's self. He didn't know where she would be, he just hoped that he wouldn't bump into her.

He reached his room and opened the door after such along time. It was pretty much as he left it. And he was pleased that when anyone needed to get his clothes they had put things back as it should be. He walked to his closet and took out some fresh clothes leaving it on his bed. He then made his way to his bathroom taking a nice long shower. Trying to wash away all of the bad memories that was in his head, tomorrow would be a new day and now he had Hoya to look forward to seeing. He finished his shower and got dressed just in time as the maid called him just after he finished.

"Well here goes nothing." He said quietly as he made his was out the door and down the stairs to the dinning room where he was sure everyone would already be sat waiting for their food.  

 

Hoya lay in the hospital letting out a sigh when Dongwoo and Sungjong left. No matter how much he tried he couldn't talk to Sungjong. He really wanted to, but he couldn't. He felt disappointed in himself, there was still apart of him that was holding himself and that caused his silence.

He sat up in the bed and looked around the room. It was pretty much empty. But there was a sack of books that was in the corner. There was also a suit case that looked to be full of clothes. He remembered just a while ago Sungjong mentioned how Dongwoo didn't leave the hospital not even once since he had been there. Remembering that made him smile inside. He felt as thought he finally had someone on his side.

He wondered how thing where at home. He wondered if his parents where doing well, if they where eating well, if they worried at all about him. The feeling of loneliness started to return, and he stated to miss Dongwoo's presents. He started to miss Dongwoo's warmth. He started to shut his eyes. Hoping to fall asleep so that when he wakes up Dongwoo would be there by his side smiling brightly at him again.

"It should be okay if I let Dongwoo in to my world isn't it?" Hoya whispered as he began to drift off to sleep.

 

Dongwoo stood outside of the dinning room door looking down at the door handle. He didn't know why he was so nervous to go in, it was like his body just froze. He stood there for about a minute before he was woken up from his trance when the maid spoke.

"Aren't you going in?" She asked. She could tell that he was nervous.

"Oh, yeah I am." He said turning the handle and made his way into the room heading to his usual place and bowing to Mr and Mrs Nam before he sat down.

"Dongwoo, your finally home." Mrs Nam said with smile on her face.

"Yes, and I am sorry that I have been gone for such along time without letting you know in advance." Dongwoo said as he played with his hands under the table. Mr Nam had began to eat. indicating that everyone els at the table may start to eat too. 

 

"It's fine, so how is your friend doing. I suppose that he has woken up or..."

"Yes his awake, thankfully. I am going to go and see him again early in the morning." Dongwoo said as he too started to eat as a joyfully smile was placed on his face. He had missed the wonderful taste of the food so much.

"Well I would have the cooks cook food for you ready for when you would leave in the morning. I'll have them cook some thing for your friend too." Mrs Nam said before joining everyone els and started to eat.

The rest of the dinner went quite well. There was a few convocations here and there. Woohyun and Sungkyu said very little. And after dinner Dongwoo went to his room. He was really tired and he wanted to get some much needed sleep.

Just as he reached his room and shut his door, a knock was heard. "Come in." He said as he sat down on the chair that was in front of his desk. He known that it would be either Woohyun or Sungkyu.

"Uhm.. Hey Dongwoo, it's been awhile since you have been home. It's good to see you back. Even if you are going to go back to the hospital in the morning."

"Yeah. I do have to say that it dose feel go to be back home. It's nice to see that everything was still okay when I was gone. I am thankful for that." Dongwoo said with a smile.

"Dongwoo. You're not mad are you?" Sungkyu ask in curiosity.

"Mad? What is there for me to be mad about?" Dongwoo asked tilling his head in a sign of visible confusion.

"Mad about what I said a couple of days ago. It's just that I was worried that you were spending a lot of time at the hospital. I just thought that maybe you were forgetting about you're further. But know I realize that you didn't need that. That the only way for you to grow is to allow you to make your own decisions in life. And that in it's self is a big part of you future too. So I'm sorry Dongwoo please forgive me" Sungkyu explained and apologized. He felt disappointed in himself. He was suppose to comfort Dongwoo though these kinds of situations. But instead he made things worst. 

"I'm not mad about that anymore. So you don't have to apologize. Sungkyu, to me you are like my older brother who has to look out for they younger brother. I know that you were worried. I know that because of me things have been difficult for the past few months. I know that as well as my older brother you are the student president and a good one at that. So there is no surprise that you would be concerned about my education. So thank you for the concern." Dongwoo said. Making Sungkyu smile he was glade that Dongwoo thought as him as a older brother.

"What about Woohyun are you still mad at him." Sungkyu asked.

"Of course not. He is like a brother to me too. I have known him practically since I was born. I can't stay mad at him. He has done to much for me." Dongwoo said with a mixture of sadness and happiness as he remembered the first time they meet since his parents died.

                                                     ==The day after Dongwoo parents funeral. ==

Dongwoo sat by the window as he watched the rain fall outside of the window. The maid made him Breakfast for the last time. Dongwoo would be leaving to go to one of the orphanages that was in town. But Dongwoo didn't eat not even one bite. His parents funeral had just pasted the day before and he had completely no appetite.

"Young master Dongwoo, you really need to eat so that we could get going." The maid said as she looked at the time. But still Dongwoo didn't move not even one inch. He didn't even jump at the unexpected sound of the door bell being rung.

The maid left Dongwoo and answered the door. Coming back with a brown haired man that was dressed in a suite followed behind her.

"Hello Dongwoo do you remember me?" The man said as he walked over to Dongwoo. Who gave no interest in what the man was saying as he continued to look out of the window.

"I was a good friend of your father, and I am the father of  Woohyun." Woohyun's dad said. Dongwoo turn and gave him his full attention at the mention of his father.

"I have talked with my wife and stating today you are coming to live with me and my family." He said looking at Dongwoo with a soft voice.  

"But I can't leave this place. My mummy loved this house so much. If I leave then it would be gone. I can't let that ever happen. I must stay here." Dongwoo spoke with a sad voice.

"Oh don't worry about the house. Everything has already deiced. Your parents worked a lot so they have a lot of money which will be given to you when your older and as for the house. It's in their name which means that it too is yours. It would also be given to you when your older too." Woohyun's dad explained the best he could to the little boy.

"But I have memories here. I don't want to forget them. I'm afraid that if I leave then I will forget those memories. I fell closer to my parents when I'm here." Dongwoo said trying not to cry. 

"Dongwoo please. You can't stay here by yourself. I made a promise to your father that if anything happens to him and your mother, and the situation arises that there is no one to look after you. Then I would take care of you. I'm going to stay true to my promise. You would also be living with Woohyun. You two are around the same age aren't you?" He said hoping to make it easier for Dongwoo. "Look, how about any time you want to you can come back here and visit so you don't have to worry." He said with a friendly smile.

"Really?" Dongwoo said with a bit of happiness in his voice.

"Yes. Now lets go Woohyun's waiting for you at home." He said as they started to walk out of the house.

Dongwoo finally arrived at the house. He looked at the window and could see a boy looking out of the window. Dongwoo could swear that he could see that boy making hearts and throwing kisses. He couldn't help but to laugh even if it was just a little bit.

Dongwoo walked in the house and was greeted by Woohyun and his mum.

"Dongwoo I am sorry for you lose." Woohyun's mum said with a said voice.

"Yeah Dongwoo. I am sorry. I'll give one one of my special hearts if you cheer up." Woohyun said as he stared to make hearts again with a smile.

"Thanks Woohyun. Mr and Mrs Nam I am great full for your hospitality. I must be causing you so much trouble." Dongwoo said smiling at Woohyun before his face went serious again as he thanked Woohyun's parents with a bow.

"It's fine. We already have a room prepared for you. Make yourself comfortable." Mrs Nam said with a motherly smile. Dongwoo already had started to miss his mum.

"Hey Dongwoo. Lets go play. Mum and dad had just finished building a music studio. let's go check it out." Woohyun said pulling Dongwoo along. Once they got there Woohyun stated to sing a load of cute song manage to get a laugh and a smile or two out of Dongwoo. In the presents of Woohyun, Dongwoo's heart started to feel lighter. It gave him hope. He was curious to see what life will bring for him. 

Sungkyu had left the room and Dongwoo deiced to get some sleep. He would have to be up early the next day. So he lay in his bed slowly closing his eyes allowing sleep to take over.

 

Sungjong deiced that he would skip another day of school. So he set out early in the morning. He wasn't going to see Hoya. Well he would but not straight away. He first wanted to see the grandma that he talked to the day before. He made his way to the ward that he found himself in just the other day.

He looked around for the grandma that he talked to the other day but there was no sign of her any were. He started to get worried but he tried to keep positive. And thought that maybe she got moved to another ward. 

"Excuse me." Sungjong said to one of the nurses that was one the ward.

"Yes. May I help you with anything." She asked with a smile.

"I was just wondering if any one form this ward had changed to another ward." Sungjong replied with a friendly smile.

"No, not recently. Is there anyone that you are looking for?" She said still with a smile on her face.

"Humm, There was this grandma that was in that bed over there. Do you happen to know where she has gone?" Sungjong said as he pointed at the bed that the grandma that he talked to lay in.

"Oh, I'm afraid that she had pasted away a few weeks ago. But there was this letter that was left. It was addressed to Sungjong  I think his name was. But the family said that there was no one related to them with that name. But we deiced to keep it just incase." She said.

"Oh my name is Sungjong." He said quickly.

"Oh well I guess it's for you then." She said as she looked thought a draw and pulled out a letter. "Here you go." The nurse said with a smile as she went back to work.

Sungjong sat on the chair that he remembered sitting on just yesterday as he read the letter that he was given.

To Sungjong.

Hello Sungjong. That's your name right. Right now I am taking my last breathes as I am writing this letter. The door to my life is closing for good.

As I prepare the the after life I have meet this kind and wonderful women. The women I am talking about is your grandma. She told me how kind hearted you are and how much she missed you. I wanted a chance to meet you myself so in that 49 days of my spirit wondering the earth I  will come and see you. I already know what will happen and when we would meet. But I still am curious of how the meeting will actually go.

Right now as you are reading this you would have already found out that I am not actually there. I don't want you to be sad. I am happy that I got well get to talk to you. Like I said will say I am lonely. I really wish I had a family member that would sit there and talk to me like how you did  will do. Not  worrying about other thing. I wish that my family would have stayed with me for the last few month or even days of my life. But they didn't and I was alone. 

But like I said the door of my life has been shut. But with it being shut a new door will open. Sometimes that door is one that had already open but was accidently shut. And I think it's time for it to be reopen. 

I'm sure that there would be a lot if challenges coming you way in life. But everything will work out in the end. So never give up.

Well I guess that's it. Remember that your grandma is always watching you and is always cheering you on.

Well good bye.

Sungjong finished reading the note then put it into his bag. He then started to make his way to Hoya's room determined to get him to speak to him.

Sungjong had finally realizes that someone could make someone else's day brighter even if they don't show it. A person could make some one smile inside. He realized that it's not the past that hurts the person the most, it's what happens after the past. It's about who is there to help them though the event of the past. If the people around that person is strong, then the further will be come better too.

 


 Hello, so here is the next chapter. I think it's quite a long chapter so I hope that you enjoy it. Thanks to the new subscribers and of course the past subscribers too. Don't forget to leave a comment below.Thanks ;)

Infinite is having a come back on April I can't wait. And Woohyun and key are doing a colab and it will be released on the 10th of this month I can't wait for that too. :)