Which Park?

Alone?

Hoya wondered down the busy hall as students hurried to get to their classes, but he wasn't in a rush. He took in each and every second that life had to offer. As time passed it draw him near to the meeting that was planned. He came close to his class and even though his ears were still plugged he could feel the chattering of the students. He walked through the narrow doorway that lead him to the place that he would be in for the final two hours of his day. He kept his head down but could feel the eyes of two people one of them of course being Dongwoo and the other was one he started to fear.

He sat in his chair a few seconds before the teacher started the lesson with a bit of time for him to unplug his ears. But now he wishes he hadn't for some reason the teachers voice sounded like it was on full volume. She wasn't usually this loud but today she seemed as loud to Hoya as ever and he wondered why.

The time flew by as the teacher taught something that was un foreign to Hoya. He had learnt it all before. And it bored him. The only thing he had left to do was stare at the endless flowing snow meeting the ground below. He had to admit that the sight was magical. As he looked at the snow he thought of how cold it must be and it makes him shiver. Winters had always been the coldest since he was a child even more so since his sister died. She loved the winters. She loved watching the snow fall. She always wanted to play in the snow but wasn't allowed. They said it would make her worst. So she watched from a distance and let her imagination experience it for her.

The end of the lesson neared and Hoya felt alone. Dongwoo had been called out of school early so Hoya felt alone. Even though he was surrounded by his peers he felt like a stranger amongst them. The teacher had left leaving the students time for self study. Some took this time to actually study while others chatted with their friends. Hoya lifted his head for the first time since class had started and his eyes went straight to Jungho. He was there chatting and smile. Hoya hadn't seen that smile in a long time and it looked so different.

 

He walked down the snowy streets to the cafe closest to the school hoping that maybe Jungho wouldn't know which cafe they were suppose to meet at. There were a lot of cafes near the school. 

He opened the door allowing the bell to alarming everyone that there was someone entering the cafe. He looked around and his eyes found him. The person he wished he could avoid was there waving at him like they haven't seen each other in a long time. Well that was true because they haven't. 

He walked to the table with hesitation as Jungho watched his every movement. The cafe was quite big with an open area at the front and once walking up three small stairs there was a darker area with seats it gave a relaxing feeling. And of course Jungho had to chose the most lightest spot in the cafe. He had chosen the seat right next to the window. The only great thing was that he sat at a table in the corner which was out of the way of everyone else.

"Hi Hoya, I so glad you still came. To be honest I didn't think you would show. I also didn't think I had the right place this area is still quite new to me." He said while rubbing his neck like he always did when he was nervous when he was younger. Hoya just nodded in reply.

"So how have you been. It's been long hasn't it?" Jungho said in a calm voice.

Hoya just stared down at the table. He couldn't speak he didn't want to. There was many things that he was afraid of and his past was one of them. It was usually just the memories that he was scared of but now, right in front of him sat a part of a past that shouldn't meet and it scared him.

"Hoya, I have something important to tell you. It's regarding your sister who I hoped would have shown up with you. I tried to find her the whole of break but no one seemed to know who she was. I thought she would naturally come to the same school as you. You two were always close." Jungho said after taking a sip of his warming hot chocolate that he had ordered. Hot chocolate is always best on a cold winters days.

Sadness overtook Hoya with the mere mention of his sister. He didn't understand how is it that it seems that he doesn't know that she was gone. That she was no longer on this earth.

"The thing is. I...I didn't really treat you sister in the best way." He said before taking a big gulp of his drink. "Well you see I admired you so much when we were young. You were my idol. I wanted to spend as much time as possible with you. I envied your sister. She was always your number one priority. You would always leave me to go and see her in the hospital, and I was always the one that stood there in the cold." He said with a smirk until sadness washed over his face.

"But I knew once we were at school you were mine. You only had me there and I only had you. Well that was until everything changed. Your sister got released from hospital and joined our school. And that's when I lost you. You didn't notice but we spent less time together and was started to grow apart. But I myself refused to lose you so I did the worst thing possible. I bullied her. I broke her into pieces. So small that It would be difficult to put back together. I saw it in her face how much she was hurting. But I told her to hide that face from you. I told her not to say a word. I told her that if she did it would only burden you. I told her It was how life should be, I saw her weakness her innocents and used it against her." Hoya could feel anger building up inside of him he felt his theists clenching together.

"I fell ill and had to go to the U.S for treatment. In that time I also reflected on what I had done. Although I was young I knew what I was doing. I was aware that I was hurting her." He said taking a deep breath. His eyes were on the table and no where else he couldn't bring himself to look at Hoya.

"I know what I have done is unforgivable. But I just want to apologize to you and your sister. That's why I hoped you would bring her too. So do you think you could tell her for me. Or I... could meet her in person. I would like to tell her then." He said still looking at the table. He hoped that Hoya would say something. He hadn't spoken to him once.

"She's dead," Hoya said with a cold voice that was full of anger.

"W-What do you mean?" Jungho stuttered not knowing what to say. This he didn't expect. He had gotten ill before Hoya's sisters death and moved away not hearing the news.

"She killed herself six years ago. She's dead Jungho." Hoya said holding back the tears that had started to forum in his eyes.

"H-Hoya I'm-"

"Don't even say it." Hoya said in a strong cold voice. 

"I...I don't know what to say. I-"

"There is nothing you could say. You got what you wanted, right? My sister is no longer in this word any more. She's out of the way now right. It's what you wanted now didn't you? I bet you're happy now right? You got your wish." Hoya said holding back the tears that threatened to fall.

"I regret everything, Hoya. I regretted it every day. I didn't know that it would lead to that believe me, Hoya. I could apologize a million times but it won't change anything."

"You're right it won't. But the thing that I don't get is the fact that until the end she didn't tell me who it was that caused her so much pain. Till the end she keep your secret. She kept your wish. You didn't even deserve that much." Hoya said almost shouting causing others in the cafe to look in their direction.

"Hoya, I know that no matter what I do or say can ever bring back your sister or make up for all the pain you must have gone through. But please if there is anything I could do to make thing right I will do it." Jungho said with sadness in his voice. He really wanted to make things right again. He hated himself, how could he not? For all he knew he was the one that could have caused Hoya's sister to take her own life away. It was his fault.

"You really think that there is anything that you could do? I was the one that found her that night. I was the fist one to find out that she was dead. Do you know how it felt to see my own sister there lifeless? Do you know how helpless I felt seeing her there knowing that there is nothing I could do to bring her back. To finally see that sadness on her face when it was to late. So no, there is nothing you can do I lived with the pain all by myself. Of course it was my felt though. People offered me help but I chose not to take it. But if there is one thing Jungho. It would be that you never talk to me again. Move out of the country if you have to. Because from this moment on I have nothing to say to you." Hoya said in a cold voice. He was still afraid of two words that Jungho threatened to say. Them words being I'm sorry. He hated those words. The two words his sister said to him. The two words he went out of his way to not hear ever since the day he read the letter.

Hoya got up from the table and out of the cafe. Into the frostiest streets as a tear rolled down his face. The tear he tried so hard to keep in. The tear that he cried in the knowledge that his best friend the person that he trusted hurt his sister. The tears of fear that overtook him of what he tried so hard in masking. He failed in hiding his true thoughts. As soon as something from the past arose all of what he worked so hard for crumbled into nothing.

 

L waited in the cold snow on the park bench waiting for sungyeol hoping that he would show up. As he waited he looked through his phone at the texts that he had sent. He told Sungyeol to meet him at the park. He have no idea whether Sungyeol would find his way there or not. It had been so long and things had changed. L watched as the snow lightly fell to the ground and filled the ground with a blanket of snow hiding the footprints that he once mad in the ground.

He closed his eyes taking in the cold winters air and the blissful silence that the winter had blessed him with. He heard someone approach him but he kept his eyes shut not moving an inch.

"L, there you are." Sungyeol said with relief in his voice. "You know you should really be more specific next time. I'm pretty sure I've been to every park in the whole of South Korea. And it's freezing out to. Why couldn't we meet some were warm?"

"I'm glad to see you made it," L said opening his eyes to see sungyeol standing right in front of him. The moonlight hitting him just perfectly making him look like an angel that had fell from heaven above.

"Why did you think I would know this park? Seriously L." He said moving the settled snow off of the bench and sat beside L.

"Did you really go to every park until you found this one?" L questioned looking straight up at the dark night's sky.

"Well, no this is the first park I went to. I only went here once, so I didn't think you would be here. But to my surprise here you are." He said somehow managing to form a smile on that cold winters night.

"So why did you say that it took you long to find this park?" L questioned trying to take in as much information as he could.

"It was a joke I just trying to make you feel guilty. Who knows I could have gone to every park you didn't say which one in the message." Sungyeol said with a confident look on his face that L cold see clearly in the moonlight.

"Oh I see. Sorry about that." L said not really meaning his apologize. He intended to not say which park. He wanted to check something. And to his surprise it was successful.

"Oh look. It's a full moon tonight. Isn't it pretty?" Sungyeol said with a bright smile. He had so many questions to ask L but he wanted to taking the beauty of the night as much a possible. He knew L was hiding something and today was the day that L would reveal what he had been hiding.

 

  


 Thank you to everyone that have stuck with me. I appreciate it and to the new subscribers. THANK YOU.

Here's a little video I found.