Is This The Night I Die?

Alone?

Dongwoo was picked up early form school. Woohyun's parents had called and said that someone was waiting for him at home. He left with worry in mind about Hoya. He was planing on following him to the cafe just to make sure every thing was okay but now he couldn't even do that.

They drove up the drive way and Dongwoo got out of the car and waved the driver off as he left to pick up Woohyun and Sungkyu from school as they would be finishing soon.

Dongwoo walked into the house as his anxiousness filled the air around him. He noticed that there was an extra pair of shoes that looked like they belonged to a female. He took his shoes off and made his way into the living room as his heart began to beat faster. He wondered who it could be that was visiting him with little to no notice in advance.

He opened the door and walked into the room Saying hello and bowing to Woohyun's parents. Sitting on the sofa was a lady that looked some what familiar. Her hair was a soft brown colour and looked very long. The women looked a bit younger then Woohyun's mum but you could tell that there was not much of an e. She was wearing a white fluffy jumper with dark blue jeans. As she looked up, her dark brown eyes glistened in the shinning sun that allowed it's light to flow through the window. Her make up was done in a basic matter with the exception of hints of gold here and there. As she held the cup of tea which she was offered you could just about see her long gold painted nails that also glisten in the light.

"Hello," Dongwoo said bowing. It was strange he was sure that he had seen this lady before. She looked too familiar.

"Oh, my Dongwoo. It's so nice to see you again after such a long time. My how we have grown. I must say Mr and Mrs Nam have definitely looked after you well." The lady said with a soft and happy voice. To Dongwoo it sounded nothing but fake. Her voice just sounded so fake to him. That simile on her face looked fake too and if there is one thing that he can't stand it's when ladies that act fake.

"Oh I'm sorry, but have we met before?" Dongwoo questioned. It seemed that the lady knew Dongwoo yet no matter how much he tried to remember but nothing came to mind.

"You don't remember me? Well I can't blame you. After all it has been years since we last met. I am your auntie. I uses to visit when ever I had the time. I have come to visit you today. I also have some very important news for you, so I was hoping that you would join me for dinner." She spoke looking at Dongwoo as he took seat on the sofa opposite to the one his auntie was sitting on. 

Now he remembered her. The lady that sits in front of him. The person that over the years his hate had increased more and more as the time passed for. He never liked her really. When ever she came over when he was younger he always hid in his room or go to Woohyun's house and stayed there for awhile in hopes of not running in to her. She always said mean things about him and his parents when ever they weren't around. Saying how his mum made a mistake and should not have married at a young age. How she should not have given birth to a child like him. And how much she hated them.

But the thing that made Dongwoo hate her, even more, was how fast she abandoned him when his parents died. When everyone was looking for someone to take Dongwoo she was asked to do it. But she refused straight away. It hurt Dongwoo it made him feel un wanted and alone. He was scared, he didn't know where he would end up and what type of person he would be given to, to have them look after him. He didn't care how much he didn't like her he just wanted to be with someone he knew. It broke his heart. The fact that she couldn't even show up for her own sisters funeral. That the day his parents died was the day she disappeared from his life too.

Dongwoo stood up and bowed to her and spoke in a soft voice as that smile he once had was now nowhere to be seen. "I appreciate the offer and the fact that you have come all this way to see me but. I have plans that I really must stick to. It was nice seeing you again." He forced himself to say before leaving the room and climbing the stairs to his room.

He opened his door and walked into his room and sat at his desk. He looked at his green digital table clock and noticed that school would have been let out already and Hoya and that guy would be having the meeting now or possibly be done now. So he decided to text Hoya. 

To Hoya ♥♥♥

Hi, so how did the meeting go? I hope it went well. Text me back, okay?

Bye~

From Dongwoo

He sent the text and rested his head on top of his arms that he placed onto the desk. He sat there looking at the picture he kept on his desk. It was him when his was younger. He was with his mum and dad and he smiled as bright as the sun. He missed his parents a lot but at this moment he missed them more than ever. He sat thinking about the time they spent together when they were still alive. even thought he was young he still remembered it as clear as day memories tend to stick when they are the most important. 

After sitting in his room for a while he heard a knock on his door and it being open shortly afterwards.

"Dongwoo?" Woohyun called as he walked into Dongwoo's room. He was no longer in his uniform meaning he had been home for a while. He was wearing dyed black jeans and a dark blue woolly jumper. His hair wasn't really styled but look well kept.

He walked in and sat on Dongwoo's bed looking at his back as he continued to sit at the table.

"So..your auntie is down stairs and she really want's to take you for dinner," Woohyun spoke with uncertainty in his voice. It seems like forever since he had seen Dongwoo's auntie and it's not just that, but he knew that there was a lot of bad history that happened in the past so he really didn't want to get involved.

"And? Why should I care about her? She has fail to care about me for years now so why should I be the one to care?" Dongwoo said still with his back to Woohyun.

"Because we both know that it's not your style. You're the person that cares about people. The one that has a smile that lifts up people's spirits. And pules she is the only family you have left cherish it." Woohyun tried to convince Dongwoo.

"She is not family. You, Sungkyu, L, Sungyeol and Sungjong are my family. Your parents too they are my family and you guys are what I cherish. Not her never." Dongwoo said know sitting up straight.

"You know what I mean Dongwoo. Okay, fine don't do it for her do it for me please."Woohyun pled.

"Okay fine. But promise me that you never leave me." Dongwoo said now turn to look at Woohyun.

"Of course why would I leave you, what does that have anything to do with this."

"Oh, it's nothing. So how it Sungkyu?" Dongwoo asked.

"Oh, he's fine. His moving in so I was helping him get his stuff." Woohyun said as a little smile fell on his face.

"He's lucky," Dongwoo whispered to himself. To quite for Woohyun to hear.

"What was that?" He questioned.

"Oh, nothing. Tell that witch that I'll be down shortly."

"Dongwoo be nice," Woohyun said with Dongwoo just giving him a cheeky smile in return. 

 

Hoya walked around for awhile and some how found himself back out the side of the school gates. It was snowing lightly and Hoya could feel the cold the more he stood there looking at the gate. He pushed it open and walking in dragging his feet in the snow. By now the tears that had escaped from his eyes before had stopped a while ago. 

He walked into the now empty school that welcomed his each and every step. As he walked into the hall way he was surrounded by the peaceful sound of nothingness. With the little light he had he made his way to an empty classroom he wasn't looking for one in particular, just anyone would suite him fine.

He walked into the empty nothingness with not a soul in sight. He sat at the nearest desk that was closest to the door taking out a sheet of paper and a pen. Writing away. There was nothing in particular that he wort. He folded it neatly and wrote Dongwoo name on the top of it and he slowly made his way to Dongwoo's locker. He remembered where it was after Dongwoo constantly dragging him there to help him with is books. He posted the note in the locker and existed the school carrying on his aimless journey into the freezing cold as night quickly took its course. 

 

L took and deep breath as he realised that time was passing and each minute was a minute wasted. He looked at Sungyeol who was in nothing but ore of the magical moon in the sky. 

"Sungyeol." L said causing Sungyeol's attention to shift to him instead.

"Oh, what is it L?" Sungyeol questioned as his heart started to beat faster. He knew this was going to be the moment that L reveal everything to him. And no matter what he had to be ready for it.

"Do you know why I refer to myself as L instead of Myungsoo.?" L questioned.

"No, not really why?" Sungyeol said with a blank expression.

"We knew each other before Dongwoo introduced us. Our families were close. We were close. My dad left when I was young and you was there to help me thought it all. You was always there for me." Myungsoo said as a small smile formed on his face. Before he carried on. "A lot of the times I always felt sad and depressed. I saw my mum was still broken about the separation and that made me sad. I was helpless. I couldn't tell her that everything would be okay. I couldn't tell her that everything would be okay because I wasn't sure about that myself." He said as he lost the smile on his face. "I tried to hid  it from you but you caught on. There was times that I was full of energy and emotion and other times I am emotionless. For some reason. When ever I had no emotion you called me L. That's how it all started and from that day the name L stuck with me. But there's more." L said. Reading the expression on Sungyeol's face He was good at that. I guess you could call it his talent.  

"Wait I had a question. Why don't I remember any of what you said so far.  Why can you remember but I can't?" Sungyeol said and an unsure voice. 

"Well I'm not done I'll get to the explanation latter jut listen. Okay?" He said and Sungyeol just nodded his head he looked. cute when he did that.

Myungsoo took another deep breath and continued with the story. "Even though we were little I felt as though I didn't want to live without you. You turned my frown into a smile and my sad tears into tears of joy. we told each other everything and we did every thing together ten years ago we made a pat. It was that on this day no matter what we would tell each other our real feelings. We assume that it would be the time we would have a better understanding about the thing that people called love."

"So what happen then?" Sungyeol questioned eagerly to find out more.

"Later that day our mums meet in a cafe leaving use to play in the park. It was safe around that time so they didn't need to worry. I was looking around the park and got distracted by something that I found. I didn't see but you started to climb the climbing frame. You climbed the part that you wasn't supposed to climb. It stated to snow lightly and the metal became slippery. I heard a scream and then a loud thump. And when I turned around you were on the ground and your head was bleeding. I called for you but you didn't answer. You were taken to the hospital. The doctor said that there was not to much damage done. But to me, there was a lot." Myungsoo said watching the snow fall to the ground.

Myungsoo carried on "Because you hit your head badly. You lost a lot of your memories. You remembered some things like your parents. But the thing that you lost was me. You didn't remember me. you acted like it was the first time seeing me. I tried to make you remember me but it was useless. You eventually moved to Japan leaving me and your forgotten memories behind. But I haven't forgotten. In the past, I took a lot of picture of us using those throwaway cameras that my mum bought me. I keep the film in the box. The box that you took and developed. Today I want to tell you how I feel for the first time in 10 years."

 

Dongwoo and his auntie arrived at the restaurant it was Dongwoo favourite one. He loved going there so he guessed the dinner couldn't be all that bad after all. They walked into one of the rooms that were set up for them and then sat at the table.

"I suppose you are already ready to order. Mr and Mrs Nam told me that this is your favourite restaurant and that you go here a lot so I suppose you're ready to order." His auntie spoke the voice was different from the fake voice she used when they were at the house. 

Dongwoo nodded and they ordered what they wanted to eat.

"I'm not here to chit chat. So I'll get straight to the point. There is this client of mind. Very rich and very well Known. His is looking for a suitable husband for his daughter." She started to say nut got cut off by Dongwoo. 

"And you think that would be me?" Dongwoo questioned getting what was going on.  

"Exactly. Wow, you're smarter then you look."

"Well if you think that I am going to marry some girl that I have never meet let alone saw you are out of your mind."

"Why, is there someone els that you like?" She said causing Dongwoo to freeze.

"Oh like you would know after abandoning me and then showing up out of the blue"

"Let me see." She began as she took out her phone and began. "Hoya, his new to your class. He hasn't been in your class that long. He is very smart. But keeps himself to himself. Oh, his a year younger than you. He has a past that he'd like to keep secret. Even from you." She said in a sinister voice.

"Wow have you been stalking him or something. I have to say I am amazed. You took the time to do research. But I will tell you this once and once only. I am not going to marry that girl who ever she is. If you think that you knowing about him is going to scary me you are gravely mistaken." Dongwoo said as the food arrived and was placed in front of him.

"Oh not to scare you I just thought that you wanted to know that I know a lot about you and everyone that is close to you. And that I see even though you have known Hoya for a very little time. I know that you are close to him and he is someone to that you care about a lot. And if that's the case then I suggest for you to not ever dare think about him as more then a friend." She said taking a sip of her dark red wine.

"Oh, and why is that?" Dongwoo said taking a break from eating his food.

"Like I said. I have done my research and I have met people. Very important people. Such as his parents that are ready to disown him in seconds."

"Are you black mailing me?"

"Like I said you're smart."

 

"I like you," Myungsoo said. "I just wanted you to know that. You could stop being my friend. You could stop talking to me, It's just that I just wanted to let you know." Myungsoo said unable to look at Sungyeol as he made his confection.

"Why would I do that when I like you too. I have ever since the day we meet. Meet again. We can make memories together. And this time, I won't forget them." Sungyeol said planting a soft kiss on the top of Myungsoo's forehead.

"Okay let's get going it's starting to get cold. Do you want to come round for dinner?" Myungsoo said as he started to feel the could now. He couldn't feel it before. Maybe because it was so distracted with everything els.

"Sure. But are you seriously only just feeling the cold now? I have been freezing my off ever since I got here." Sungyeol said rubbing his hands together trying his best to get warmer.

"I'm sorry you could have told me before. But at least I know that this head of your is not completely useless. You were still able to find your way to the park. I was surprised." Myungsoo said as the both smiled. He felt a lot better now that he had gotten what he wanted to say off his chest. 

L looked out into the distance at a moving figure it was at some distance but he was still able to make out who it was. Worry started to over come him again.

"Sungyeol. You go ahead and call a cab. I have something I need to do real quick." L said with an emotionless face. 

"Oh okay, Don't take to long," Sungyeol said as he headed towards the parks exit.

"I really hope that I am wrong," L whispered to himself as he took out his phone and started to dial the number. 

 

"Look I have a lot of power and if I was you I would be a good little boy and do what I say." Dongwoo's auntie said.

"And if I don't you are ready to hurt the people that I care about. I knew you were evil but I never thought that it was to this extent." Dongwoo said as he glared at his auntie.

"Complements aren't going to get you anywhere." She said as a smirk fell onto her face.

Just then Dongwoo phone rang. And he picked it up as though he wasn't doing any thing important.

"Hello?" Dongwoo spoke in his usual happy voice.

"Dongwoo are you busy?" L questioned. His voice had traces of worry in it.

"Oh hi L. No I'm not what's up?"

"You need to go find Hoya. I have a really bad feeling. That something bad is going to happen. You don't have much time."

"What. Wait how do you know him?"

"That's not the point you need to go and find him now. I'll fill you in on the rest later. Dongwoo I'm trusting you." L said before hanging up the phone.

"Hello," Dongwoo called. But received no answer.

"Well it has been fun but I am afraid that I have to go," Dongwoo said as he started to stand up from the table.

"You get one call and use that as an escape route." His auntie said with a smug face.

"I belive I already told you. I have things to do that I must take care of." Dongwoo said putting on his coat 

"'Oh okay and give my regards to Hoya won't you? I'm sure you are just going to run into him on the way to your so called important thing." She said as Dongwoo headed to the door.

Dongwoo rushed out of the restaurant calling a taxi and telling the driver the address.

"I hope it's the right place," Dongwoo whispered to himself as the taxi set off towards his destination.

 

Hoya had been walking for an hour and a half now and some how he just managed to find himself right out side of the field.

He opened the gate and walked through it dragging his feet in a sign of defeat as he made his way to the bench that was underneath the tree. He knew what this night was and just accepted it without a fight. For this night. This cold winters night may just be the night he dies.

Sitting on the cold bench he took out a closed pocket knife out of his pocket and stared at it for a while. He pictured it in his head. He pictured him opening the knife and taking his own life away. Removing himself from this horrible cold place that we called earth. He always imagined it and now he was about to do it.

He slowly opened the knife and move it towards his wrist. That he moved his jumper out of the way exposing his wrist to the cold. His hands had started to tremble and tears started to fall from his eyes as he mentally said his goodbye. He said goodbye to everyone he could think of. He was sorry that he disappointed them for not being strong like he should have been.

"Goodbye Dongwoo, I'm sorry. I am so sorry. Sorry." Hoya whispered as he bought the sharp blade closer and closer to his skin until there was no gape left to close. And the bladed pierced his skin and blood started to escape as the blade travelled deeper. He slowly began to lose consciousness and his body began to feel wake. His body dropped and his head hit the arm of the bench and the hard surface of the ground below. In his last bit of consciousness, he could have sworn that he could hear Dongwoo calling his name telling him that every thing was going to be aright.