just you and me

one time too many
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They took his Jaguar, passed by a flower shop where he ordered a peonies bouquet for her and drove to the little chapel. The chapel is in the country, around a two hour drive from Seoul. It sits on the side of a hill. Somin found this little chapel years ago when she started working full time as planner under her mom’s  supervision. When she first saw the little chapel, she dreamed that someday, she too would be married there, surrounded by flowers and candles, a violinist playing in the background, her family and friends wishing them their best.

The daughter of an oil magnate wanted her wedding to be in a little chapel, surrounded only be family and very close friends. The meadow around the chapel changes color with the season, in spring its filled with wild flowers, just like today. The sun striking the stained glass windows gives it an intimate feel. When they got to the chapel, they were the only people inside, no family nor friends to wish them the best of everything.

 He cried when he promised her to be his forever, being partners in everything. she cried when she heard his vows, and also promised to be his forever. No I love you’s just yet, but they’re getting there. They exchanged rings, the eternity bonds he bought for them, just like their union. For eternity.

He took pictures and videos of them exchanging their vows, and the kiss they first shared as husband and wife.

“Babe, when we get married again, I want you to have the best wedding there is, with all the ts, with all our family and friends. I’m sorry I deprived you of that.”

“Babe, a wedding is only one day, but a marriage is meant to be forever.” She tells him, she lays her palm on his cheek to make him feel better and this time, she wipes his tears away and embraces him.

“baby girl, you’re the best thing that ever happened to me.” He kisses her forehead, she grins at him.

Just in time, her stomach rumbles, and they laughed.

They stopped by  a small restaurant, another great find of a superb planner like Somin who still does leg work,  to have lunch of authentic Korean cooking. The lady who owns the restaurant was happy to see Somin with a man this time. Every time she goes to the restaurant, it’s always with clients, this time, no more.

“I would like to introduce my husband to you, Aunt. Kim Hyun joong.” and he bows to her formally. After a brief conversation, the lady left them to fetch their food. She made special food for them, to be shared as husband and wife. 

After lunch, they thanked the woman and left for the city. He held her hand in his, their wedding bands glistening in the sun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter