welcome home to the Ritz

one time too many
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 The morning sun glared at them. He forgot to pull the drapes close last night. he looks at his phone for the time, 8am. His wife is nestled under his arm, and on her stomach. he moved to stand up and pulled the drapes close. They will sleep in this morning. their flight back home is at midnight and as she asked him, they’ll go food tripping this last time in KL.

                They ended their “practice” at 1 am, when she fell asleep after asking for lemonade. He watched his soccer game on tv, his friends were all playing. He joins them when his schedule permits him. he went back to bed and pulled his wife closer to him, and slept.

                It was nearly noon when he woke up and turned the tv on for more games. She soon followed. She opened her eyes and just looked at him and smiled.

                “Good morning baby HYunnie.”

                “Good morning baby. want some breakfast? your lemonade is here, I just put it in the ref.”

                “really? I wanted a glass last night but I think practicing tired me. babe, five more little tablets and we’re finally done” she counted them yesterday when she took her pills. He too knows this, he counts them everyday.

                “Yep, five more days to practice.” He tells her, with a naughty grin on his face. “but let’s get ready first for our last day here. we’ll pack our things first so later we can just get our things and leave for the airport.” She nods in agreement.

                “where do you want to go today?” he asked her. “we can try their Chinatown. They have the best local food. and we can visit Thean hou temple. We can make wishes there, just like in Hong kong. What do you think?”

                “Ok, lunch first at the poolside then we’ll go to the temple then finally Chinatown.” She tells him, wanting to visit the temple first for their wishes.

                “Now let’s get up Mrs Kim. I am starting to think of practicing again.” He teases her, standing up in bed and pulling her with him. they’re both , and just laughed at themselves.

                “later, baby, later.” she tells him, walking into the bath to shower. he follows her and they shared a shower and a quickie in the shower. after their shower, they dressed in shorts, tee shirts and sneaker for most walking around.

                They left their suite for the poolside for their lunch. They ask the concierge for a car to bring them along wherever they’ll go. after their sumptuous lunch, they went to the lobby where the hotel car is waiting for them. The driver spoke good English so they understood each other, sharing with them stories and trivia about the places they passed by.

                They got to Thean hou temple, and were greeted by a beautiful temple. There were other tourists milling about, and they enjoyed taking pictures in the different areas. They burned joss sticks and wished for the very same thing they wished for in Hong kong. Her wish is for a happy marriage and a boy and girl along the way. His is to make all his wife’s wishes come true and a boy and a girl too.

                After visiting Thean hou temple, they went to Chinatown for their food trip. it was already 3pm, and the streets are filled with locals and tourists alike. They walked hand in hand, with him snapping pictures of Somin everywhere. They sampled the local food on the food stalls. Somin bought a few souvenirs for her friends in the office. It was nearly 6pm, when they decided to get back to the hotel to get ready for their flight back to Seoul.

                When they got to their suite, they rested on the couch in the living room. He has something to tell her, but he cant find the right time to tell her without alarming her. he packed the remaining things they bought in his suitcase. She showered first and he joined her.

                “Babe, last quickie before we leave.” He whispers to her, they kissed and had the best quickie in the shower. he held her up when her knees were about to give out on her, their foreheads touching, each catching their breaths. “Now baby, when we come back next year for the motor show, I’m pretty sure it would already be the three of us.” he tells her, confident that they will be pregnant real soon.

                “I know, babe. and you’ll have to change diapers too,” she agrees with him.

                “I cant wait baby. now let’s get ready. we’ll go to the airport early so we can still look around.”

                They dressed in airport couple fashion, he in jeans, a black shirt and a grey hoodie and a beanie, she in mini denim skirt that he insisted she wear, boots, a grey shirt and black jacket. After checking everything, they went out of the suite. The bell boy took their luggage to the lobby for their check out. they were driven by the same driver that brought them around the city. Their flight back home is at midnight, but they were at the airport at 9 pm. They thanked the driver and Hyun joong tipped him generously. He checked them in and their luggage, leaving them enough time to roam around the airport.

                At quarter before midnight, they boarded the plane in first class with 4 other passengers. When the plane was in the air, they cuddled in their seat, the other four passengers already asleep. Tucked her in his arms under the blanket the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter