that's nasty!

one time too many
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the Ritz carlton, Hainan, China

 

                hey baby. Hyun joong was ing his shirt, his phone glued to his ears.

                How was the meeting? Somin asked him, lying in bed in his parents’ house in Bukchon. After the midnight scare the previous week, somin was put on bed rest, with yoona not risking another scare for the couple.

                It went well, we went to the site and uncle henry was with us.

                No crazy barracuda in tow? Somin , with the name they gave to miss grace liu.

                The last I heard, she’s in hongkong with their project there. Enough about business, baby, how was your day?

                Same, I slept in the afternoon, auntie made soup and the moms stayed with me the whole time. And I watched the alien.

                That’s very good. Did you shop?

                Yep, I found a local artist who can make the furniture, but it will take at least three months. Maybe we can ask mi joo unni to help us with the nursery.

                She’ll be thrilled.

                I miss you hyunni. Somin whined. When are you coming home?

                I miss you more baby girl. babe, we just got here, don’t worry I’ll be home in one week time.

                But babe, I miss you already.

                Did you have dinner already? He asked her, sitting on his bed.

                Yes, mama made my favorite. The two talked some more, until somin yawned and he heard.

                Mommy you have to sleep. And I still have to review more documents.

                I love you baby hyunni. Night.

                I love you more baby girl. night our beanie.

 

                Sanya, Hainan

               

                The proposed beach resort with its own world class golf course lies facing the ocean, with the mountains at the back. The hotel would boasts of golf courses designed by the best designers; a mountain trekking path; water activities, each villa with their own infinity pools and high end shopping strip for its clientele.

                Hyun  joong, jae and gun woo all dressed in jeans and short sleeve shirts braving the tropical weather. Henry so and his son, George was also touring the site with their Korean counterparts. The first phase for the villas that are already in progress, and their estimated time for the project completion will be in two years.

                Hyun joong, jae and gun woo’s days are filled with meetings and site inspections. The Friday night dinner that jae and yoona was supposed to have was postponed until the trio returned to soeul at the end of the week. Somin too was faring better after her week of bed rest.

               

                Thursday night, Ritz carlton, Hainan

 

                Babe, I miss you so. When are you coming home?

                Soon baby.

                How soon kim hyun joong?

                On Saturday afternoon, I’ll be there in time for dinner with jae and yoona.

                Promise?

                Big promise baby.

                Good night baby hyunni. Beanie and I miss you.

                Good night mommy. Daddy misses you both terribly.

                I love you baby hyunni.

                I love you more baby girl.

 

                                 

                Friday night, bukchon

                Somin was tucked in her pajamas in hyun joong’s old bedroom, the night air cold. After the alien drama ended, she fell asleep with the t.v. still on, with a variety late night show blaring. Her nightly chat with hyun joong was cut short when he said he was in a meeting, leaving her irritated when he hanged up on her.

                Somin woke up at dawn to pee, but a heavy arm is on top of her. She nearly screamed but she smelled him in her arms, and she moved, prompting the arm to pull her closer.

                “babe,” he kissed her nape, “I missed you,”

                “babe, move. I missed you too, but you have to move. I have to pee.” Hyun joong let go of somin as she made her way to the bathroom. The light in the bath shining into their room, somin trudged back to bed. Lying next to him, face to face in bed, she sees the dark circles under his eyes and she kissed his chin and snuggled closer.

 

                Bukchon, Saturday morning

 

                snow have fallen the night before, blanketing the garden in a soft blanket of white. The trees and shrubs covered in snow, with the flakes falling more. Somin snuggled closer to hyun joong under the covers, with him spooning her, his arm around her baby bump.

                “good morning baby.” He kissed her nape, rubbing on her belly. “good morning our beanie.”

                Somin turned in his arms and he kissed the top of her head, tucking her under his chin. Somin kissed his chin.

                “good morning baby hyunni. Babe, aki and juni unni’s wedding is next weekend. We need a gift.”

                “we can go to shilla later for the gift. Are you ok? No more cramps?”

                “no more, I stayed in bed the whole week, just leaving for the bathroom and meals. Unni is very busy with soyeon, running around to make everything perfect for the weekend.”

                “if I remember the itinerary correctly, Thursday is spa day, Friday is shopping day and rehearsal dinner, clubbing for the ones who can go. Juni sent me the itinerary and spa day is on us. Jae will take care of the rehearsal dinner and he reserved a VIP room at Ellui.”

                “i know, my hanbok is ready, auntie Jin young already have it readied and had it delivered yesterday.”

               

                “babe, I think yoona is pregnant. Jae was so irritable the whole time!” he tells her, changing the topic and they both giggled imagining the ever calm jae become irritable like an old bear. The two talked until Sun hi came to their room to check on somin, who fell asleep.

                “min, morning. How are you feeling?” sun hi goes into the room, after knocking and slid the door open to find hyun joong with somin in his arms, dozing off.

                “good morning mama.” He greeted her, somin too stirred in his arms upon hearing her mother in law’s voice.

                “good morning mama. I am better.” Hyun joong answered his mother, as he helped somin up. He went to his mother and kissed her cheek.

                “come on you two, breakfast is ready. Min, did you see your hanbok?” sun hi asked somin, as she stood up in her pink checkered pajamas and socks.

                “yes, but I haven’t tried it on yet. Mama, I’m hungry but I don’t want porridge.” Somin mother in law, embracing her. Sun hi just laughed at somin.

                “don’t worry I made your favorite. No porridge this time, I know you’re complaining about auntie kwon’s cooking, but it’s all good for you.”

                “but mama, she makes me eat all things that are weird!” somin whined, as they trudged to the dining room, plopping on the floor. Chung ho was already there sipping his tea, and reading his papers. The table set for them full of somin’s favorite soup, rice and side dishes. Somin’s parents were in Thailand for two weeks for business and will be home in time for juni and aki’s weekend wedding.

                “good morning papa.” They both greeted him. Hyun joong came out bringing somin’s milk.

                “don’t worry babe, auntie kwon isn’t here. She went home to chuncheon.” Hyun joong teased his wife more, and somin sulked. “to make you more tonics.”

                “hmmp. I am not so talking to you, kim hyun joong.” Somin turned to his dad and talked to him.

                “come on babe, I’m just kidding,” he says, kissing her cheek, his mother just smiled at the two.

                “any plans for the weekend?” his mom asked them.

                “none, we plan to stay in the house and catch on sleep.” He tells them, and somin grinned at him. Weekend breakfast at the kim’s were always of catching up on everyone’s life. After breakfast, hyun joong and somin bundled up with mittens and beanies, and went outside on the garden for a walk, enjoying the snow like kids.

                They past the weekend inside the house and hyun joong went back to work the following Monday, hauling more documents home. Somin was back on her feet, with the cramping all gone.

 

                Wednesday, Shilla hotel duty free, before dinner

 

                Hyun joong had somin’s hand in his as they strolled along the hallways of the mall, with a few other shoppers nearby. The two went to the mall for dinner with jae and yoona and the soon to be wed couple aki and mi jun, to shop for Juni and aki’s wedding present. A myriad of choices are available from high end brands of everything from all over, and they decided on couple pajamas, slippers and linens. Jae and yoona picking household items as gifts and left them to head first to ariake.

                After having the concierge wrap the gifts and delivered to their home, they decided to have dinner at ariake, with somin asking for ramen. Again.

                “babe, what’s with you and beanie always asking for ramen?” he asked her, as they made their way to the restaurant inside the luxurious shilla hotel, where jae reserved them a private dining room.

                “don’t know, I just want it anytime I can have it.” Somin tells him, as they walked along the lobby.

                “hi hyun joong, you look good.” A female voice called to him, and he froze in his tracks. Not believing that after everything that happened, mina has the guts to come near them.

                “you too mrs kim.” Mina as usual had her brows raised at somin.

                “what do you want mina?”

                “nothing much. I just missed you.”

                “babe, let’s go.” He led somin away from mina, losing her in the hotel lobby. “I cant believe she came to us again. Jae has been notified by the prosecutor about our case against her, and she’s been summoned.”

                “babe, what will happen to her?”

                “after everything, now that we’re winning, she’ll pay for damages. And of course, the restraining order is still intact. But no more worry babe, let’s enjoy dinner. ramen is waiting for you.” he led them in the restaurant, the concierge leading them to the private room where jae, yoona, aki and juni were waiting while sipping tea.

                “hi everyone.” They both greeted and hyun joong helped somin sit. The girls again went for their baby talk, all worried for the Kim’s little beanie and their plans for the weekend wedding. Everyone now calls him “little beanie”. The men too talked more on business and the prosecutions summon on mina the next couple of weeks.

                “we have great news.” Jae says, as they were dessert of cheesecake and hot cocoa at the coffee shop at the Shilla hotel. He has yoona’s hand in his, and kissed her cheek. “we’re pregnant.”

                “congratulations unni!” the girls greeted yoona and the boys each shook jae’s hand.

                “now, babe, we have to act fast. I want a baby just like them,” mi jun tells aki, with aki blushing a bright red.

                “honey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter