no stress

one time too many
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Morning came sooner than he wanted. He was cuddling his wife, who had nightmares because of one person, Siwon. She was mumbling in her sleep until dawn , when she finally slept. But he stayed up, watching out for her. she was clinging to him, and he had to hug her tight all night.

This morning, her fever hasn’t gone away. He went to get her a cold compress and placed it on her. “Baby girl, don’t go to the office today. Ok? Just call your secretary, that you’re not fine.” He tells her.

“Ok babe. but you have to go. I know that you have a meeting at ten. I’ll stay here, ok?”

“babe, we’ll go to my house, at least there, I’m not too far from you. I can go and check on you.” he tells her, already up and getting things for her. he took out sweats for her and a tee shirt and hoodie for her, and he showered.  After his shower, he went to her and helped her get dressed so they can leave for his house.

“Babe, we’ll just get take out breakfast ok? We don’t have much time.” She just nodded, still feeling sick. “Everything’s ready, do you still need anything?”

“Yes, my laptop. I need it for the reports later.” She tells him, already seated at the living room, waiting for him to finish up.

After he gathered everything they needed, they went out to the basement parking and boarded her yellow Porsche cayenne. He clips her seatbelt and his, and drove away to a fast food restaurant. he got off and went to buy them breakfast, she stayed in the car, and slept again.

At his apartment, he tucked her in bed and just brought her breakfast in bed. after breakfast, she just looked at her husband prepare for work. He wore a dark grey suit and a crimson tie with the cuff links she bought him. He smiles at her, she smiled  back.

“babe, you have to hurry. Its 915 already.” She reminds him.

“It’s ok babe, Jae would be there too. Everything has been prepared by his staff. I’ll try to come back early ok? I’ll send food later for lunch. You rest. Later, we’ll go to Yoona, so she can check you up again.” He sat down next to her in bed and she fixed his tie for him.

“Babe, sorry for all the trouble I’m giving you. I feel like I’m a burden already.” She tells him weakly.

“baby girl, you are not a burden to me. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. I love you. you just rest and get better.” He kisses her forehead, and stands up. “Baby I have to go. try to sleep, ok?”

She just nodded and he left her alone in their bedroom, with the drapes drawn, the room in shadows.

His torn between leaving and staying with his wife, but responsibility calls.

He drove her yellow Porsche cayenne to the office, surprising the guards at the gate. When he opened his windows, they recognized him right away. He went to his office and his secretary briefed him about the past few days. And that the meeting will proceed on time.

The meeting went on and on until 2 in the afternoon. They decided to have a working lunch, but he was fidgeting in his seat, and kept looking at his watch. Jae saw him, and raised his eyebrows. He messaged Jae, my wife is sick.

Jae just grinned at him, after reading his text. I’ll tell Yoona, she could call her. and why didn’t you tell me? Yoona could have checked on her this morning.

Aysh. I’ll talk to you later. i haven’t slept last night, she was having nightmares about Siwon.

Wo. Ok. This is bad.

Finally at 3 pm, the  meeting finally ended. And he hurriedly left the conference room, followed by Jae. he was on the phone, looking out the glass wall when Jae came in. jae just took his seat and waited.

“Babe, are you ok now? we just finished the meeting. Did the food get there on time?”

“yes babe. thank you. but porridge again. Yuck!”

“Hahaha. It’s good for you. and I think you’re much better since you can already complain. How about your menses? Did it stop already or still heavy?”

“I’m much better, and yes, it’s a little lighter now than yesterday. And no more cramps.”

“good, I’ll go home after I talk to jae. Bye baby girl.  love you.”

“ok babe. favor? Please buy ice cream and chocolates. Thank you. love you.” she ended the call, with a smile on her face. She went around the apartment, and for the first time, saw the place. The living room is done in creams, soft browns and more browns. Very masculine but relaxing. There were pictures of Hyun joong on the mantel, and one caught her attention, he was smiling at the camera. He was around six or seven and he was holding a little girl’s hand, a toddler, who was also smiling at the camera. It was taken on a field with flowers all around. She put it back, forgetting about it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter