mi nah

one time too many
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The world is quiet, Somin was asleep in his arms after their parents came to visit them for the night, having dinner without the constant banter and laughter. His wife asleep, with blood transfusing in her and another line for fluids. When the night nurse came to give her medicnei to help her sleep, she refused, and they just cuddled in bed, watching tv.

                If they were glued at the hip before this happened, now that they lost the baby, he feels he cant lose his wife too. The tv played on, but his mind was someplace else. All their dreams and plans shattered when she started bleeding when they were at Hoshinoya in Okinawa for their official honeymoon.

                Watching her cry made him feel helpless in consoling her. it’s just too painful for them both. But as he promised her, thye will make it together, with forever in his mind. Their vows of staying forever weren’t said lightly. Hhyun joong finally felt SOmin’s even breathing, and found her asleep in his arms, he too fell asleep.

                Around midnight, hyun joong felt somin trashing in his arms and sobbing, her nightmare is back.

                “please, don’t. help me please.” Somin was talking in her sleep. “baby hyunnie, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I failed again. I’m sorry.” Somin was sobbing in his arms.

                “baby girl, wake up. it’s ok. I’m here.” he finally succeeded in waking her up and she hugged him, crying.

                “babe, our baby is gone, isn’t he?”

                “yes, babe.” they were both crying again, facing each other on the bed.

                “baby girl, don’t blame yourself. It’s not anybody’s fault. You have to get better. Then we’ll go travelling again. Yoona said we can get pregnant again after one month.”

                “but I feel I failed you again. We waited so long. What if we wont get pregnant again?”

                 “we will. When we get discharged, do you like to transfer to our new house? or we travel?” he tried talking to divert her.

                “we transfer babe. we would have been busy with the nursery. And buying things for the baby.” somin was again crying.

                “babe, we can still do all that. I’ll extend my leave and we can learn cooking together.”

                “I’d love that. Baking too. Remember aunt gave us baking tools?”

                “yes, baby. and I think we can go to Chun cheon for cooking lessons and have a mini vacation as well. Chu seok is coming, and we can show them that we learned a lot in school.”

                “why don’t we invite everyone for dinner, but this time, we’ll do the cooking. Just us, the boys and of course, the unnies. We’ll have a picinic at home.”

                “ok, but who will do the cooking?” he teases her.

                “you, of course. Just barbecue. I’m sure they’ll love it.” she cups his face, giving him a watery smile. “tahnk you hyunnie for being the best. You’re the best thing that has ever happened to me.”

                “thank you baby for being my wife. for saying yes when we frist met.”

                “I thought we were just playing. With your bad looks.”

                “babe, it’s just looks. But now, I’m tamed by you.” he kisses her forehead, careful not to pull her iv tubing.

                Knock. Knock. Another nurse came in to check on Somin’s discharges, and he left her on the bed as the nurse fussed over her and helped her changed into new pads. There were more globs of blood and she was again given medicine for pain. The nurse left after, and she was hungry.

                “babe, I’m hungry.” She was again seated on   her bed.

                “there’s still cheesecake.” He checked the ref and pulled out a box. “or you like something else? I can go to the coffee shop downstairs.”

                “cheese cake and a cappuccino.” She tells him, a smile now on her face. He right away took out his jacket and wallet.

                “ok baby girl. I’ll be right back.” He kisses her forehead and left her as she watched tv.

                Hyun joong went rushing to the coffee shop and ordered what she wanted and ended up buying more than they can eat and also bought coffee for the nursing staff on duty.

                “babe, tall cappuccino, tiramisu, ham sandwich and lasagna.” He showed her all the food he bought, and she decided to eat all of them. He just watched her eat, her appetite is obviously back.

                “babe, why aren’t you eating?” she asked him, as he just watched her eat.

          

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter