it's time

one time too many
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

saturday, Cha gangnam medical center, VIP suite

 

                After somin was rushed to the hospital on Sunday night and gracing the headlines, they finally settled in the suite, waiting for beanie’s coming. Their friends all came to have ice cream and chips the night before, only leaving the hospital when the night nurse told them all to go. Hyun joong’s travels were all postponed and he had his make shift office at their hospital suite, not wanting to leave somin’s side. After lunch, somin settled for a nap while hyun joong focused on work.

                As he was typing on his keyboard, somin groaned in pain, rousing from her nap, as painful contractions wracked her small frame.

                “babe, help me.” she called out to hyun joong, who rushed to her side. Somin’s short nails dug into hyun joong’s forearms, as strong contractions hit her. He was caressing her belly, as beanie kept kicking his hand.

                Ring. Ring.

                Yoona, it’s somin.

                I’ll be there. Yoona ended the call and he pressed the call button, nurses came into their room, checking on his wife, who didn’t want to let go of his hand.

                Yoona came into the room after a few minutes, the nurse briefed her about somin’s vitals, her contractions constant and getting more frequent. A nurse wheeled in an ultrasound machine, yoona placed the probe on somin’s belly, checking the placenta for maturity. A strong heartbeat was heard in the room, as the staff moved about, hyun joong was busy on the phone with their parents.

                “hyunni, min, the placenta is mature, but baby beanie needs to come out already. I don’t want to wait for somin to fully dilate and deliver normally, we have to do a c section right away.” yoona says, as the medicine she gave slowly made progress, her contractions subsided.

                “will beanie be ok, unni?” somin asked her, afraid for her unborn child.

                “yes, min, but we have to do the c section now. I don’t want to gamble and wait. It’s too dangerous for you and him.” Yoona says, patting somin’s hand.

                “do it now, yoona. I don’t want to lose my wife and child.” Hyun joong who was quietly listening, finally said. “Baby girl, it’s going to be fine. We have to do this, not as we have originally planned, but there’s no other way.”

                “ok babe, ok unni. Babe, call mama please.” Somin says, as she agreed to the c section. A nurse came in with paperwork and other staff also came, prepping somin for surgery. Their parents came when somin was about to leave the room and wheeled to the operating room, they were all reassuring somin that it was going to be fine.

                “baby, I’ll be right here. It’s going to be fine. I love you.” he kissed somin and let her hand go as the doors closed on them. Hyun joong was left outside with their parents, waiting on the couch. They were all quiet, as they all counted the minutes. One by one, their friends came. Jiyong and the younger yoona came first, rushing when they received the group message that jae sent. Aki and mi jun came next, who came in full make up after leaving a photoshoot.

                The waiting area is now full of people, all waiting for some good news. After an hour, yoona came out in her pink scrubs and grinned at them,

                “hyunni, congratulations on your baby boy. beanie is very healthy, with perfect baby scores. Somin is in the recovery room, when she wakes up, she will be brought to your room.”

                “yoona, beanie, can he stay with us in our room?” hyun joong asked.

                “of course, after he’s bathed and checked by dr choi, the nurses will bring him to your room.” Yoona says.

                “thank you yoona. For everything.” The moms embraced yoona, the dads lifting her up in joy. All their friends embraced hyun joong, as they chatted happily. Yoona came back out dressed in a yellow mini dress, her baby bump visible too. the group went to their suite to wait for somin, with the younger ones leaving to prepare dinner at the suite.

                “how far along are you yoona?” min ju asked her, as they were having snacks in the suite.

                “five months, auntie.” Yoona replied. “I just waited for somin to give birth. I’m now officially on leave.”

                “auntie, I don’t want her to work until she gives birth.” Jae says, and yoona patted his hand.

                “hon, don’t worry. I’m thinking of retiring and focusing on the baby.” The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter