blush

one time too many
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyun joong was jarred awake when beanie cried, somin stirring beside him. He took the baby and helped his wife feed their little baby, with beanie his mother’s hungrily.

                “babe, I cant believe a baby that’s only five pounds can cry like this.” Hyun joong says, as he watched his wife feed the baby.

                “I know, he’s a few weeks early but he’s amazing to have perfect baby scores. I was so afraid that he has to stay in the hospital longer.” Somin agreed, “ and he looks so much like you. just as we prayed.”

                “I know baby. Our next project is a baby girl, who looks exactly like you. and Yoona says, we can go home on Tuesday when everything is ok. By tomorrow, you have to walk around.”

                “but babe, I’m afraid. What if my tummy opens.”

                “I’ll help you, don’t worry. You have to do it so we can go home.”

                “ok baby,” somin finally agreed, feeling beanie finish feeding on her milk.

                “come to daddy, little man.” He took beanie in his arms and burped him as yoona taught them.

                “good night baby, I love you.” he kissed somin as he held the baby in his arms.

                “good night beanie. Mommy and daddy waited so long for you.” he whispers to his son, as somin watched them, until she fell asleep. After beanie slept, he put him back on the bassinet and slept, again waking up at dawn to feed the little baby.

               

                Sunday, cha gangnam medical center

 

                Somin and hyun joong were feeding the baby when their parents came, with auntie kwon bringing them breakfast. Somin already adjusted to feeding beanie every hour or so, cooing him on the bed. Her movements limited due to her wound,  and hyun joong not leaving her side. Auntie kwon prepared somin’s things for her to change in.

                “our beanie, you cant have all that. You have to share with daddy.” Hyun joong whispered to his son, as the little baby .

                Knock. Knock. The door opened and two nurses came to check on somin and to help them bathe beanie. The two nurses stayed in the corner of the room, and auntie kwon called them to help her. Somin was checked by the senior nurse, encouraging her to move about.

                Hyun joong took beanie from somin’s arms, giving him to auntie kwon to bathe, giving his attention to his wife, who was given the go signal to have breakfast by yoona. The suite was filled with laughter as beanie cried and the grandmothers fussed over him, dressing him in a blue onesie after he was bathed.

                The door opened with jae and yoona, coming to check on somin, bringing with them a bouquet of yellow daisies. Yoona check on somin, giggling as they talked.  

                “tomorrow min, you’re free to go home.” Yoona says, as she wrote her notes on somin’s chart, “and come see me on Friday.”

                “ok unni. I’m excited to go home. we still have to prepare for beanie’s party on Friday night. Just us, at home.” Somin says, as she was sitting on the bed.

                “girls, breakfast is served.” Jae went near them, calling them both. Hyun joong came and helped somin sit on the dining table with their parents, jae and yoona. Her favorite fish, soup and rice on the table and the traditional seaweed soup.

                “min, plain soup, no chili yet.” Her mother told her, as they ate.

                “that’s ok mama, I miss your cooking. Unni says we can go home tomorrow.” And her mothers’ just nodded their heads.

                “stay in your old room first, the nursery has just been wallpapered and we have to have it set.” Sun hi says, as they ate. Auntie kwon and the nurses fussing over beanie. After breakfast, somin walked a bit outside her room, with hyun joong. Somin napped after her tiring walk, and hyun joong too caught more snooze, leaving beanie with auntie kwon in the room.

 

                Tuesday morning

 

                “good morning baby.” Somin woke up, finding the two men in her life, up and ready, bathed and ready to go home. The moms already fussing, the dads settled the paperwork. Yoona in the room, checking on somin. hyun joong kissed somin’s forehead, after handing the baby to auntie kwon.

                “good morning baby daddy.”

                “breakfast then we’re going home.” He says as he helped somin sit up, noticing her pajama top wet. “babe, you’re wet.”

                “don’t worry, it’s just milk. I have to feed beanie.” Somin says, as she made herself comfortable on the bed, taking beanie from auntie kwon who left them to give them privacy. Hyun joong helped somin. after somin fed and burped the baby, they had breakfast and he helped somin get dressed.

                “babe, my tummy is flat.” Somin says, after dressing up in a pink mini dress and ballet flats. their things packed and ready to go, a nurse with a wheelchair came. Hyun joong helped somin in the chair and placed beanie in her arms, with hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter