oops! sorry!

one time too many
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Spring is in the air, the snow has melted and new leaves sprouted, the temperature rising. Somin is in her seventh month nearing her eight. After juni’s wedding and honeymoon in Pyeongchang where all their family went for the holidays, skiing. somin had three more scares. Yoona ordered her to have complete bed rest, only leaving the bed if nature calls and for meals. They all decided for somin and hyun joong to stay with his parents next door. Business is booming for hyun joong, when the earlier deals in Malaysia pushed through and the resort in Hainan started construction but he still had offices at Lotus Inc.

                March has set in, and somin felt better. Beanie has grown bigger, her bump now very visible and her birthday is coming up.

               

                Bukchon, Kim’s residence

 

                “babe, I’ll be in Daegu, and I might be late coming home.” He tells her, as she helped him with his tie. Somin still took it to herself to fix his things for him.

                “ok babe. mama said we’ll go shopping at coex with juni unni.”

                “shopping again?” he . The amount of baby things they buy is enough to fill a new department store, with the nursery still in the making. They still haven’t finalized anything about the design and colors, not until they know the baby’s gender. Her seven month baby bump is now more noticeable, her god mother jin young making her more dresses.

                “this time, it’s for me. I need bigger clothes.” Somin left him standing and sat on the edge of their bed, sulking.

                “babe, do you think I’m ugly?”

                “baby girl, there’s no woman who is more beautiful than you.” he sat beside her and pulled closer in his arms.

                “but I’m fat and ugly!” somin is now crying, her tears wetting his shirt. He just kissed her temple and her back.

                “no, you are not fat. you have our beanie inside you. and you are not ugly. You still drive me crazy.” He tried to console her more until she hiccupped.

                “you think so?” she lifted her head from his chest and looked at him, “but I want to look like those mom’s on tv. They look radiant! And beautiful! And their pregnancy is just a breeze!”

                “babe, people are different. What we see in tv are not always perfect.” He tells her, his thumb wiping her tears.

                “but babe, why cant I be like that? Why does beanie have to suffer inside me?” somin tears up again.

                “I don’t know baby. The one above have plans for us, for beanie. Don’t cry anymore, ok?”

                “ok, I wont anymore. I promise I’ll try not to cry.”

                “don’t cry baby, if you’re not happy, beanie will not be happy too.” He tells her.

                “ok babe, promise.” He cuddled with her some more, until his phone rang. His driver calling him that the car is ready for their trip.

                “babe, I have to go. I’ll try to see if I can come home early, ok? Kyu is also coming with me.” he walked out of their house with somin’s hand in his. The car is parked outside, kyu and the driver was waiting for hyun joong.

                “hi min!” kyu greeted her, and somin bowed back.

                “bye baby. I’ll see you tonight.” he kissed somin and the driver and kyu looked away.

                “I love you baby. Take care.” Somin finally let him go, whispering to him her I love you.

                “I love you more baby girl. daddy loves you beanie. See you both tonight.” hyun joong finally boarded the car and sped off.

                Somin, juni and the moms went shopping, with her in a pink mini dress that showed off her seven month baby bump and ballet flats. Coex as usual was busy, but they had one store in mind, the baby store. The only baby store that they haven’t been to just yet. Sun hi and min ju left somin at the store’s lounge and picked everything, each of every color.

                Babe, your mom and my mom and unni are going crazy!

                Why?

                They bring me here, but they just let me sit and now they buy everything they see! And they said that I will be buying clothes, but they go the other way!

                Is this the store they’ve been talking about all weekend?

                One and the same! Babe, when can we go shopping together?

                This weekend. After we visit yoona.

                Promise?

                Promise, baby.

                Where are you now?

                Still on the highway, but soon we’ll be there.

                “min, you have to see this!” her mother min ju went to sit beside her on the couch, showing somin a set of baby clothing for travel. “isn’t it cute?”

                “yes, mama, it is.”

                “do you remember when I told you we’ll go to Okinawa together? I guess that will be happening now! Sun hi, did you book our trip?” min ju again left somin, as she texted on her phone.

                Babe! I’m bored!

                Why babe?

                I want to go with you.

                Soon, baby.  

                Ring. Ring. Sun hi picked up the call, and chatted excitedly with the caller.

                “min ju! You wont believe this! That’s ann Kim, and as she asked during the ball. They want the kids to pose for her magazine.”

                “you better talk to the kids first. Somin is a little shy.” Min ju tells sun hi, as they browsed for more things for the baby. Somin was still busy messaging.

                “min, we’re done. Let’s go to jin young. The maternity dresses are ready by now.” Min ju tells them as their driver and bodyguard started carrying the bags filled with baby things to the car. Somin still walked with caution, to avoid anymore scares.

               

                Bukchon, Kim’s residence

 

                After dinner with the family minus hyun joong who is still on his way from Daegu with Kyu. Seated on the table in the dining room, the mothers excitedly tells her about anna kim’s proposal for their posing in her magazine. Somin became silent after, smiling and talking when being talked to.

                Everybody forgot it’s my birthday tomorrow. Even my husband forgot! Aysh! Somin thought, as they talked more about the pictorials.

                In her pajamas and in bed watching her daily drama, somin was munching an apple, waiting for her husband to reply to her messages. It was close to midnight, but there were still no messages.

                Ring, ring. Somin hesitated whether she should answer or not, but after letting it ring persistently, she picked the call.

                Babe.

                min, it’s kyu. he’s asleep. we’re here Cha gangnam medical center.

                Somin bolted in bed, and started crying, putting on her jacket.

                babe? somin heard hyun joong’s voice on the phone and she sobbed.

                Babe, wait for me. I’ll be there.

                Somin almost ran to her in laws room, knocking hard.

                “somin, what’s wrong?” sun hi opened the door to their bedroom and somin embraced her, sobbing, as she was led to the couch.

                “mama, I have to go to the hospital. Hyunni is there. Kyu called.” Somin sobbed some more, and chung ho heard what she said and called their driver.

                “min, don’t worry, we’re going to the hospital right now.” Sun hi says as got her purse and jacket. “papa, we have to go.” Chung ho was ahead of them as sun hi led somin to the front door. The driver whisked them to the hospital with somin in her pajamas and slippers, crying.

                Kyu was waiting for them at the lobby, and bowed to them. Sun hi fired questions, and kyu answered the best he can as they made their way to the elevator. Somin stopped crying and walked ahead of them into the VIP area, where hyun joong’s room was.

                “baby, I’m here.” Somin went to hyun joong’s side and saw his tube of fluid, his eyes closed in sleep. The bed is bigger than the regular hospital bed, just like what somin had when somin was in the hospital. Somin laid down beside him, and cuddled next to him. Sun hi and chung ho were busy with the details of hyun joong’s confinement, the doctors answering all their questions.

                “shhhs. Try to sleep. I’m ok.” He whispered to her, and kissed the top of her head and pulled her closer.

                “but babe,” she started to argue again, but he shushed her and she finally quieted. Their parents came into the room, and saw the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter