i'm yours

one time too many
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Monday came too fast for them. They dressed in matching sweatpants and hoodies and had room service. Just before dawn, they made love again, without the urgency of times past. they loved as if they wanted to imprint in their memories the wonderful weekend they had together. But time to face the Monday rush.

Responsibilities was calling out to them. Realities of life. She has the party business to attend to while her mother, Min ju, the real brains in the business and her father Woo jin, are vacationing in Europe. Vacationing for two months, for their wedding anniversary, leaving everyone and everything on Somin’s capable hands.

Babe, too has his share of burden. The launch of their new line of cars is  fast approaching. He and his team, have to test drive the prototype and perfect it. His friends from MIT that came visiting are part of the team. Plus the fact that his father already gave him six months to enjoy more and be done with it.

They stepped out of the hotel room in matching outfits and dark glasses. He brought her to the parking area where their cars were parked. Opens the door for her and clips her seatbelt. He leans in to give her another kiss.

“Babe, call me when you get home. at least text me where you are. So I wont worry.” He tells her, knowing that SIwon is still around.

“Yep, will do. I’ll miss you babe.” she touches his cheek, and he closes his eyes, not wanting to let go of her.

“I know babe. I’ll miss you more.” He finally shuts her door and she drives away in her porsche.

What are you up to? You know you cant  fall for her?  he keeps reminding himself, but again his heart wins.

He drives away in his yellow lotus, to his apartment to change clothes and be in his 10 am meeting. He’s standing in for his dad, who’s in Europe vacationing with his mother.

He gets changed and went to his office at the manufacturing plant. His secretary, Jun woo, reminded him of his 10 am meeting. He enters his office on the 8th floor, and sits. His office was adjacent to his father’s, and a little smaller. Dressed in a dark suit, dressed like the businessman that he is. But he misses engineering more.

He went to the conference room, at exactly 10 am and the meeting starts. They’re expanding their market to their nearest Asian countries where compact cars are the fad. During the meeting, his phone vibrates.

Hey. I’m in a meeting already, and it’s Mrs Park again.

Why? What’s with her? he asked.

Well now she’s inventing events for me to handle so I can meet her son!

You don’t like to meet him?

Of course not. I’m not ready for that.

Good babe. because you’re mine.

Hey nobody calls me his. Remember?

Yeah, but I am already yours.

Silence. She wasn’t able to reply to what he said because the son of Mrs Park, who she dragged with her came back from the restroom. Their meeting dragged and ended at 3. Somin totally forgot about babe.

You done? I just finished with mine.

She was pulling out of the parking lot of the restaurant, her phone beeps.

Hey.

Hey you. not yet, I think we’ll never agree on anything.

Why?

They said they don’t like the design, that it wont sell. I don’t know. I wish my dad was here.

Don’t worry. Just listen to what they have to say. Maybe they know what sells and what wouldn’t because they’ve been selling for a long time.

Thank you babe. do you remember what I said?

What? She actually remembers, and blushes, but feigns ignorance.

Remember babe, I’m yours.

Babe…..

Gotta go. they’re at it again. I’ll call you later when I’m done.

Ok babe. I’m heading back to the office. Bye.

 

She drove back to her office with a smile on her face. I think I’m falling for him, but I cant. She remembers her talk with her father, six months  to do whatever she wants, but after that no more. Before her parents left for Europe they already talked.

This is the first time she ever rebelled against her parents. but them giving her a chance to experience  life for six months is something. All  her life, she has been the obedient daughter that anybody could ever ask for. And up to her marriage, they will decide for her.

Oh well I still have five months and three weeks to play with Babe. If I have to marry someone I don’t love, at least I have the most wonderful six months with Babe.

At the office, her staff, or her mother’s staff to be exact are preparing for an engagement party for a celebrity. The bride’s mother is her mother’s friend, so naturally they would handle everything up to the wedding. Hyun soo will handle the event. Each of the staff have their clients to handle and a partner to work with. Somin only had to do things herself if the client is hard to please. Like Siw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter