office day

one time too many
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyun joong set the alarm for 7 am, and now it’s ringing shrilly on the bedside table. somin stirred from her sleep with the noise the alarm clock is making. he stood up slowly and went to the closet to look for clothes they’ll wear for “office day” as she called it last night. for the first time, he will be tagging a girl with him to his office, where coworkers, and employees would be wagging their tongues talking. News of his bringing a girl would definitely reach his father’s ears.

                When he opened the closet, he found his suit all ready for him, dark grey pants and blazer, light pink dress shirt and light grey tie and beside it, her grey a line skirt, white ruffled blouse and blazer. He just smiled at his wife’s taste in clothes. She likes to dress in the same color palette.

                he dialed for room service and ordered them breakfast, omelet with cheese and mushrooms, fruit platter and lemonade. Her recent requests for every meal. After ordering breakfast, he laid down again beside her and the tv to watch a Korean morning show.

                “Baby Hyunnie, what time is it?” she asks him, with her eyes closed.

                “time to get up, 715. I already ordered breakfast for us.” he combs her hair off her face, and she finally opens her eyes.

                “what time is your meeting?”  she asked him, sitting up in bed and stretching her arms.

                “Ten.”

                “Ok babe.” she stands up and went to the bath. “aren’t you coming?” she asked him, when he didn’t follow her. he grins and follows her to the bath. They again showered together and for the first time, no quickie. In their robes, she was brushing her teeth and he was shaving.

                “babe, I would miss this kind of morning with you when I go home with mom.” she tells him out of the blue.

                “me too, baby, but it’s only for two nights. Then no more.” She nodded at him and he kisses her forehead.

                They finished getting ready for their first ever office day and had breakfast. after breakfast they left the hotel for his office. they entered the lobby of the company building, hand in hand, and everyone went quiet. The receptionist fumbled to bow and say good morning. all the female employees had their mouths open, others with raised eyebrows.

                Hyun joong and Somin didn’t pay them any attention. Somin just kept her smile on her face until they reached the bank of elevators. Everybody stepped aside when they saw their boss, the cold hearted player of a boss walking with a girl, with his hand holding hers. he has never brought any woman to his office, others just went there to stalk him, but he bring along a girl, impossible.

                When the elevator door shut closed, the two almost doubled up in laughter.

                “baby girl, did you see their reactions?” he asked her when he finally got his breath back.

                “Yep.” And they laughed again until the elevator dinged upon reaching the 8th floor. he takes her hand in his and they stepped into his floor’s lobby. the receptionist again almost dropped the phone handset when she saw the two together, walking hand in hand. she was gossiping with the people from the downstairs lobby and she almost got caught. She bowed and said good morning, to which Somin responded with a good morning and a smile. Somin again won his people over.

                He opened the door to his office to let her in first. A navy, white and grey office welcomed her, and the floor to ceiling windows gave her the view of the outside where his “babies” go around the track.

                “Babe, your office is amazing.” She tells him, looking around the space. His office table in the corner, a small seating area nearest the floor to ceiling glass walls and a small conference table on the far end of the room.

                “Welcome to my office baby.” he led her to his office table and seated her in his chair. “Now Mrs Kim, you stay here and Mr Kim has to work. see you later baby.” he bends down to kiss her.

                “Good luck baby Hyunnie. Can I use your computer?” she asked, looking at his laptop on the table.

                “Of course babe. Gun woo, my secretary might come later. naya and Jae will be at the meeting too. Would you like to eat here or we’ll go out after before meeting noona?” he asked her, gathering his things.

                “I think we have to eat out again babe, unnie said 130. And we might not have the time. Tomorrow, we’ll eat here. now go before they let out a search party for you.”

                He just grinned at her, and left her. he went to Jae’s office on the same floor as his. They talked about the new business coming their way from Malaysia and he told Jae that Somin is in his office waiting. At exactly 10, the two went to the conference room for their weekly staff conference. They were all happy about the motor show that they joined, and he’s happy to announce that that would be his last staff conference sitting as chairman. His father is on his way home.

                Somin in his office, browsed the net for possible ideas of furniture they might like and where to find it. she was taking down notes on his tab and enjoying herself so much, she didn’t notice the time. 12 noon. Until she felt warm breath on her nape.

                “baby, let’s go.” hyun joong whispers to her, and she nearly jumped. He pulls her up. he saw all the things she wanted to buy while she was busy taking notes.

                “Done with the meeting?” she asked him, getting her purse and sliding his g note in.

                “Yes, and I also said my good bye as chairman. Dad will be home this week, so now Mrs Kim we have all the time.”

                They walked out of his office hand in hand. no one of the employees were brave enough to ask who she was. Only Jae and Naya knew that Somin was in his office the whole time. They left for shinshegae to have lunch and meet Mi joo. While inside the car, he took out a small paper bag and gave it to her, and when she opened it, she just smiled.

                She’s wearing her usual Manolo stilettos and he gave her ballet flats to change into.

                “Thank you babe.” she changed into her flats, with a smile on her face and he just smiled back and kept on driving. When they got to the mall, he removed his coat and tie, folded his dress shirt to his elbows.      

                “Let’s go?” he tells her, after kissing her in the parking area inside the car leaving her lips well kissed and their breaths catching. They went to have lunch first at a chicken restaurant. mi joo called him to let him know that she’ll meet them inside the home depot store. She showed him on his tab the things she thinks he would like as well for their new house. On most things they agreed except for the carpet. He wants the flat one, she wants plush. They again played paper and scissors, and she won, so the carpet would be plush. They just grinned at each other,  it seems that everything can be settled with  paper and scissors game.

                “but later, you’ll see who’s boss.” He whispers to her and he grins.

                After lunch and settling almost everything with their game, they went to the home depot. And looked around. Just on time, Mi joo came. They went around and Somin showed the pictures of things she would want in their house. Mi joo agreed with everything.

                “Hyunnie, Somin, now that the shopping’s done, I’ll leave you here. when are you leaving for Kyoto?” mijoo asked the two, while having coffee and cake at a coffee shop. Mijoo instructed the mall concierge where to deliver everything after three whole hours of pointing, debating and deciding which things to buy.

                “We’ll be leaving this weekend, first to Tokyo then Kyoto. The  rest, we still don’t know. we’ll stay there until all loose ends are tied up.”

                “Are we talking business here?” mi joo asked him.

                “Yes, we’re not coming home until we get pregnant.” He tells Mi joo with a big grin on his face, somin was blushing a deep red beside him.

                “Well, good luck. I remember, Joon gu brought me to Thailand for two weeks for me to get pregnant. he told me if we want to have kids, we have to leave all the stress and work in Seoul. Soak up some sun and relax.” Mi joo tells them. Ten years ago, she gave birth to her eldest son and two years later to another daughter. “Now, hopefully, we can still get pregnant without leaving the country.” Mi j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter