you mean!

one time too many
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Aysh, I’m getting tired of this. I want to sit down and be done with this party. my face is surely frozen from smiling too much. Somin was looking at the people, the guests that her parents invited to their anniversary party. how I wish Hyun joong is here, with Siwon in attendance, I don’t know how I can handle this. the ballroom is almost filled up, the tables set for dinner all full of well dressed and smiling people, mostly close friends of her parents, some came to Seoul just to attend the party from their province of Chuncheon, where her parents grew up together and later married.

                Somin takes out her phone to text Hyun joong, Baby siwon is here. I wish that you’re here. I miss you.

                She sent the message but no reply came, adding to her anxiety. It’s the first time that Hyun joong failed to reply to her message. She just slid her phone into her clutch and again surveyed the room for familiar faces. All she saw are her office mates, seo yeon, her best friend and the others who were all busy for the party.

                Her mind was on Hyun joong, thinking if he’s also bored to death at the party his parents dragged him to attend with them. With a smile frozen to her face, not paying attention to everything around her, worried about Siwon and missing her husband.

                 “Ah finally, Sun hi, Chung ho, you’re here.” Min ju exclaims, smiling widely when she sees their best friends. Somin was tiring from the endless smiles but she has to endure and was looking into the ballroom not paying much attention to the next guests. She was dying to have a seat.

                “we wouldn’t miss this for anything.” Kim Chung ho tells them. “and this is our son, Kim Hyun joong.”

                “good evening aunt, uncle. I am Kim Hyun joong.” hyun joong bowed to the elderly Jung’s failing to see Somin beside her mother, who had her back to him.

when Hyun joong spoke, Somin heard his voice and she turns to face her husband of two months. Her surprise evident on her pretty face, Hyun joong was surprised as well, not believing that the party that he was dragged to is Somin’s parents’ anniversary party. she just gave him a frozen smile, not knowing how to react.                “this is our daughter, Jung So min.” Jun woo introduces Somin.      

“Good evening aunt, uncle. I am Jung So min.” and somin bows to them.

                Hyun joong just stared at his wife, with her frozen smile on her face. He nearly doubled up in laughter, to think he had no intention of going to the party. he only planned to say hi and go up to their suite.

                Somin just stared back at her husband, until their parents told them to move to the dining table reserved for them. A round table was reserved for the six of them, Somin’ parents and Hyun joong’s parents on either side of them, leaving them seated next to each other.

                Hyun joong was sitting stiffly beside Somin, their parents busy talking. Somin pretended interest in the stories their parents were exchanging, smiling and nodding when prompted. All too avoid suspicion that they know each other.

                “Min, I heard from your mom that you’re working with her.” Sun hi asked Somin, “and that you graduated at the top of your class.”

                “Yes aunt, mom trained me at a young age, I was always tagging along, but now I’m on leave. I still don’t know when I’m going back.” Somin tells them, with a smile on her face. Her phone vibrates. And she ignored it, while she was busy chatting with Hyun joong’s parents. it seems that they like her, his father talks to her like he would talk to a daughter.

                Again her phone vibrates. And she finally looks at it, when Sun hi turned her attention to Min ju. They were again talking about Europe and that soon, maybe they can go on a cruise together, all six of them.

                Baby girl, you look amazing. I thought this party will be boring. I only wanted to say hi and then go up to our room.

She replies back, baby Hyunnie, you look really hot. And yes, I also thought this would be boring, and I wanted to hide because Siwon is here and Park Gun woo, escorting his mother.

The waiters started bringing in the first course, the parents all busy chatting and Hyun joong slips his hand under the table to hold hands with his wife.

“Hyun joong, I heard you have a new car for release. And it’s a limited edition.” Hyun joong had to pretend to wipe his mouth with his napkin, but Somin’s hand is on his thigh.

“yes uncle, it’s for mom and dad’s anniversary next month. we’ll be raffling ten cars to ten lucky couples also celebrating their anniversaries.”

Somin was smiling, pretending to be listening to the story for the first time. Their group was all talking to one another except for the two of them.

“Min, have you ever been to Malaysia?” Hyun joong asked her, and Somin blushed a bright red.

“Yes, just recently. Their food is amazing.”

They talked as if they met for the first time, but their parents noticed they have the same eternity rings on their ring fingers. at the end of the meal, the two were already joking and teasing each other, but nothing escaped the eagle eyes of both their mothers. Soon dinner is over and Hyun joong and Somin showed them that they became fast friends that night. they started to call each other “koi”.

When coffee was served and cake, the singer that was hired for the party came out and started the show. He called on Jung Jun woo to the stage and his lovely wife, Min ju. Mr Jung gave a brief message to the people present and he held his wife’s hand throughout. After his message, he acknowledged his best friend and his wife, Kim Chung ho and Sunhi. The Kim’s also went to the stage, leaving Hyun joong and Somin on the table. Mr Kim gave his message to his best friend, and shared their stories of how they met and how they met their partners. The people around, friends of the couples from Chuncheon, gave them a standing ovation, but Hyun joong and Somin gave them no mind.

“Baby, I never thought I would see you here.”

“Babe, my wish came true. I wished that you would be my date tonight, and you came.”

“I know. I missed you baby.”

 “I missed you baby Hyunnie.” Hyun joong moved closer to Somin and kissed her on the forehead, forgetting that their parents are present so as the other three hundred guests. But with the lights of the candles on the table and the flowers on the table, it gave them a little privacy.

“Babe, surely they don’t know that we know each other, right?” SOmin  asked him.

“I believe that they think this is our first time to meet. Babe, I’ll call you koi when they’re here ok? they’ll think it’s a joke.”

“OK babe.” hyun joong and Somin held hands under the table while friends of their parents also gave their messages. After the messages, the dance floor was opened for dancing by the Jung’s and the elderly Kim’s. soon after, everybody followed suit.

“baby, let’s dance.” Hyun joong asked his wife to dance with him, when he saw that Siwon is fast approaching them. He led her to the dance floor and held her in his arms, not minding that both their parents were watching.

“Honey, what do you think?” Jun woo asked his wife Min ju, pointing to Hyun joong and Somin who were dancing too closely to each other.

“we’ll definitely have cute gran

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter