Day 61 - WHAT?

Prince Jerk & Our 100 Day Arrangement

(Daehyun)

Having said the words I needed to say, a burden left my mind.

“Will you marry me?” I repeated in a more confident tone. Hopefully she would say yes, well knowing our history I would believe she would, but things I love always seem to find their way out of my grasp.

“W~w~w~what…?” Jieun muttered staring at me with bulging eyes.

“Ahhemm… Lee Jieun, will you ummm…. Marry me?” It couldn’t have been any worse… the timing was bad. Our friends were over, I was in the hospital, and on top of all of that, was the relationship moving too quickly?

I mean it’s been 40 days since we met, and so much (maybe too much) has happened… But in those forty days, I found love, the love of my life.

I buried under my pillow in search for something, and I pulled in out.

A shining jade ring, my mother gave me “just in case love finds its way”. I never thought I would ever use it, before I fell in love. But happens.

I revealed the ring to the astonished Jieun standing next to me.

“Your answer?” I bit my lip, starting to get nervous.

“A ring, a proposal…” Jieun finally spoke words.

“Umm, yeah…” My hands dropped on the bed, why was the atmosphere like this?

“Jieun, I love you. And I’m taking a chance, hoping that maybe, just maybe you love me too. My heart is the most complicated puzzle but only you solved it. I love you. Will you marry me?” I took Jieun’s hands in mine.

“Daehyun, what makes you think that I would wait weeks for somebody in a coma to wake up, if I didn’t love them.” Tears came to her eyes. Tears of joy I presume.

“Is that a yes?” My spirit lifted.

“No, it’s not a yes… it’s a hell yes!” Jieun tumbled into my arms, and kissed me.

“I always loved you.” She nuzzled her head on my chest.

Grasping her hand, I slipped the ring on her finger.

“Jung Jieun.” I smiled.

“Jung Jieun.” She repeated, her smile gleaming.

“Let’s enjoy a moment like this, before we go off and tell everyone, well for now.” I sat up and carried her over, sitting on my lap.

“Okay.” We were happily together, and that was all I needed.

 

(Jieun)

MARRIGE!? I never thought that I would ever hear the word “marriage” towards me.

I was just shocked! But I love him, so I’m going to marry him. I never thought that I would marry Daehyun, based on what I thought of him at first.

“Hey, Daehyun remember when we first met? When we bumped into each other.” I said admiring the ring.

“Yeah, of course I do.” I replied. “That was totally your fault though.” He slyly added.

“My fault!? It was your fault, you weren’t watching where you were going!” I crossed my arms.

“No way. I have 20/20 vision!” He bluntly protested.

“And now I remember why I thought you were a jerk. Prince Jerk still suits you.” I stood up from his lap.

“See you later Prince Jerk.” My arms still remained folded and I walked out of the door.

“Wait! Jieun!! I love you.” He let in a sorry-not-sorry smile.

“Yeah right, Prince Jerk.” I showed a comical smile.

Yet another drive home…

“OH!!! Princess Jieun, you’ve become a Jung haven’t you!” The driver gleamed.

“Yes, Sir.” I couldn’t take my eyes off of the perfect ring.

“Congratulations on the proposal Princess.” The man nodded and then carried off to the journey home.

Smiling just re thinking about the perfect moment.

I know that Daehyun and I aren’t the “perfect” couple, but we make it work, we equally piss each other off. So we feel equally mad.

No couple is perfect, but this relationship was perfect enough for me. After all, this was my first boyfriend…

As the horses trotted to our house, I had no hesitation to go and confront my friends.

“HEY! HEY! Jiyeon!!! Suzy!!!” I scurried over to my friends with my smile gleaming.

“Yeah?” The came over to me.

I almost forgot that I wasn’t supposed to announce the big news, yet…

“Oh, never mind. Well Daehyun’s doing fine in the hospital and stuff.” I nervously scratched the back of my head. I slipped my ring into my pocket.

“Oh! I almost forgot, but we got this delivered to the house.” Jiyeon grabbed a letter off of the table and handed it to me.

I opened it and started reading.

Dear Jieun,

            It’s me, Jongin, I don’t know if you were wondering where I was, but right now I’m 1 kingdom away and I’m trying to earn a living. Finding a job to commit my time to. I’ll visit of course, but I just wanted to give you space with Daehyun, I heard he’s awake, congrats! I came to this kingdom promising my parents I was moving out to find a job, now I must fulfill my promise. Sorry for leaving on such short notice.

Love,

Jongin

 

So I guess he’s going on his way to find a nice job, good for him, I wish him luck on his search.

“Ok well we’re going to go and find stuff for dinner.” Jiyeon and Suzy chirped in unison, linking arms and skipping away like five year olds.

Then a thought popped into my head, that I would have never dreamed about thinking of.

*The wedding! What about planning and everything! Flowers, dresses. There was just too much to worry about! And not to mention having to keep it secret, momentarily.*

The excitement couldn’t be contained!

My heart was bouncing off the walls!

*Ok Jieun, let’s start planning your big day.*

 



 

Ok guys... I'm sorry the chapter isn't as glamourous as I hope it would be, considering the time I spent making it... School ok?

I'm sorry to keep you waiting, I will trying to update again ASAP.

(sorry no gif...)

~LeeteuksWife

(I was in a rush to update this...)