Day 62 - Answers

Prince Jerk & Our 100 Day Arrangement

(Jieun)

Astonished by this very sight I leap into his arms, and hugged him so tightly that I was potentially suffocating him.

“I’ve been here, day and night, watching, and waiting for you to open your eyes and comeback.” I let go of him.

“What are you doing? What about Kai?” Daehyun rolled his eyes.

“Kai? Oh… well… we didn’t exactly work out…” I stated.

“So I’m you back up.” Daehyun laid back on his bed and pouted.

“You are sort of the reason it didn’t work out.” I sat down in a chair.

“What were you doing? The first thing I saw was you when I woke up. Do you have a for kissing half dead bodies?” Daehyun smirked, his lips.

“What? No! It’s called CPR you idiot! Your heart stopped beating for 2 minutes!!!” I scolded the statement. Hiding the fact that I was performing CPR, up until the point where I did kiss him, thinking that he was going away.

“Yeah sure.” Daehyun smirked again.

“You were always an …” I shook my head.

“Yeah, but an you fell in love with.” Daehyun’s expression changed, as he held my hands in his.

 

(Daehyun)

I couldn’t believe I was… alive. Am immortal or something? I drank poison. But it was worth it, seeming that Jieun is alive and well.

The question still lingered in my head, “how am I here?”

Re-thinking about the time I spent in the other place, faced with challenges, one big quest to test my worthiness of living not only for myself, but for Jieun.

It just didn’t add up. It seems like I was half expecting to pass out and find myself back in that wretched waiting room of death.

The mystery was building up in my mind, I need to appreciate this miracle, not question it.

Forcing myself to push the topic aside and focus on the miracle that is me seeing her.

Jieun’s eyes began to weld, soon following her tears, of joy I presume.

“I missed you.” My eyes began to water.

“I missed you too.” Jieun wheezed in between her sniffling.

She warmly hugged me, I felt her tears dribble on my shoulders.

“Why are you crying?” I asked in a comical manner.

“Oh, nothing. I just overjoyed.” Jieun said in a sweet and elated voice.

“I feel weird…” I sighed, furrowing my eyebrows.

“It’s okay, I’ll help you get back on your feet!” Jieun secured her arm under mine, and stood up, supporting him on my shoulders.

It’s been a month his legs have grown weak.

He stumbled, holding onto me tighter, one foot after the other, he slowly and steadily walked, or attempted to at least…

His grip on me, tightening within every step, steps getting harder and harder to achieve, his feet fumbled on the floor before making its definite placement on the floor.

Difficulties getting back on track, due to the lack of purpose his legs served during his coma.

“Are you alright.” I gasped, all of his weight was concentrated on my shoulders. “You can’t go home until you’re healed. Don’t worry too much about it.” I patted Daehyun’s back, rotating my weighed down shoulders in their sockets.

Daehyun plopped down on the bed sitting, just staring at his feet, I swear I heard him whisper “what the heck is wrong with you guys?”, to his feet…

I fell in love with a weirdo… love is a force to be reckoned with. ♥

Sitting upon the hospital bed, which seemed like the most romantic place at the time.

Perching on the bed, leaning my head on his shoulder, we sat, grateful for each other’s company.

3 hours later…

 

(Daehyun)

“Jieun, I’m a little tired, so go take the cart home and I’ll sleep here.” I lazily blinked my eyes.

“No, I’ll stay here!” Jieun stated claiming her spot on the chair.

“Just go home, you can come and visit tomorrow, just get your rest.” I insisted.

I practically had to force her to go and have a good sleep. It’s not like I wanted her to go.

Dark circles covered my eyes. *Is this going to affect my beauty?* I thought rubbing under my eyes in a circular motion.

I crashed on the hospital bed and slowly my eyes drifted off and aided me off to sleep.

 

Dream:

“Jung Daehyun.” The voice groaned. A familiar voice, the tester.

“I bet you’re wondering why you’re alive, living, getting to see your loved one again, am I not correct?” The voice chuckled.

“Well this dream will answer all you questions for the time being. Only 2 questions, make them count.” The voice settled down and waited for a response.

“Umm, who are you…?” I stuttered, becoming terrified of the man.

“I am the life tester, I test the willingness of a person’s life. I am Yoon Ki Jin, I died 1,000 years ago and was granted the title of the life tester due to me abundant wisdom.” The voice cooed.

“So… Yoon Ki Jin, why am I alive? It’s been bothering me to the point it feels like the question is pestering my mind. I drank the poison, and didn’t die.” I muttered.

“Oh, yes, the ending challenge, one that many clients of mine question. You see Daehyun, there was actually one of water, and one of the fatal poison of heaven. To save Jieun’s life you dumped both of the contents into one cup and engulfed it all, knowing that I said you could only drink out of one cup. When the fatal heaven poison is mixed with water, a chemical reaction occurs, making the poison into your potion to reality. Only the most passionate of my clients have drunken both of the liquids in one cup and began to live again.” The voice declared. “Your passion for Jieun saved your life.” The voice began drifting away into the seams of my head.

My mind full of pleasant thoughts, I supported my own rising from mid-death.

My love was my savior.

That sounds like it could be a title for a novel, “My Love Was My Savior”.