Chapter Five

Love is cruel

 

 

Minha’s POV

“What are we doing here, Kris?” I asked him as soon as we arrived at a house without any neighbors surrounding it. The house was a village-like. It was surrounded with some trees and some beautiful flowers. There was swing in the front yard.

“You’re weird” Kris said without even answering my question. I looked at him and furrowed my brow. “Excuse me? That wasn’t the answer I want to hear”

“Let’s go out first. I’ll explain it later” he said as he got out of the car. Shh… Why can’t he just tell me right now? I thought while pouting. I got out of the car, still pouting.

“Gege!” A little girl, around 5 years old, run towards our direction from the house and suddenly hug Kris. On the other hand, Kris is very tall so the little girl was hugging him on his knees. He bent down to reach the eye level of the little girl and hugged her. He lifted her in the air and smiled. My heart suddenly beats fast, again. Did Kris, the cold person towards me, smiled? And, who’s this little girl? She’s cute by the way.

“How are you, Yan Ni?” He asked the little girl and put her again on the ground. The little girl’s name, I guess.

“I’m super okay..” she smiled brightly. “..How about you, gege?”

“I’m all fine. Where are your parents and where’s your brother? Yuan?” I think they forgot that I’m here. I’m kind of angry because Kris forgot that I’m with him and jealous. Jealous? No, wait, what?! Me?! Of course not! Besides, she’s a little girl.

“They are inside the house. Mom is cooking, dad is reading a newspaper and gege is playing. Let’s go” Yan ni said as he reached for Kris hand. Her eyes suddenly spotted me and stop on her tracks but composed it again sooner.

“Gege, who’s she?...” Yan ni said while pointing at me. “…Is she by the way your girlfriend?” That’s it! That remark seems like I felt a book, a thick book that slaps me and my face became red. My body felt hot even though it was cold outside.

 

No one’s POV

Kris looked at Yan ni’s hand and followed it. Then it landed on Minha. Sh*t! I forgot that I was with her.  Kris cursed inwardly.

“Is she your girlfriend, gege?” The little girl repeated her question again. Should I say she is not? Well, she really isn’t but why do I feel weird? Tsk, what am I thinking? I should stop battling with my mind now.

“Ah~, little kid or can I call you Yan Ni?” Minha asked and Yan ni nodded and smiled. “…I’m not Kris’ girlfriend” Why do I feel like I want to be his girl? Aish. I should stop this.

Kris managed to gather his senses back and realized that Minha already answered it. Then, a smile crept on Kris’ face. It wouldn’t hurt if I some time, right?

“Honey…” Kris cooed and approached Minha. He wrapped his arm around Minha’s waist. “…Why are you denying it? Yan ni is just a little kid. Don’t be shy” he playfully said and kissed Minha’s cheek.

“What?!” Minha shouted and could feel that any moment; her eyes will be out from its socket.

Minha could feel electricity going down her spines the moment he called her honey. She could feel butterflies dancing on her stomach when he kissed her cheeks and she could feel a fly flying around her cheeks and she suddenly slaps it and her face became pinkish (not literally). What’s wrong with Kris and my body? Did he perhaps hit his head?

Kris could see that Minha blushed and a smirk formed in his lip. One point for me. Actually, he doesn’t know why but he enjoyed teasing her.  I should do it more often.

“Denying isn’t good” he said with a-tsk-tone.

“OMO! Gege, I should tell mom. Let’s go inside” Yan Ni ran inside her house, leaving Kris and Minha alone outside.

♦ ♦ ♦

“What was that?!” Minha hissed as soon as she saw Yan ni entered the house.

Kris pretended to not hear her and started to walk off, Minha followed behind. “You!..” Minha said while pointing at Kris’ back and fuming with anger because Kris didn’t answer her. Kris stops walking and turned around to see her angry face.

The moment he saw Minha’s angry face, he jolted back a little. Honestly, he was kind of scared. Woah, it’s my first time being scared of a girl. Except for my mom though. Minha noticed it and composed herself. People are always scared at me when I’m scary, just like my mom and friend told me. It seems like Kris is one of them.

“What was that all about?” she asked again.

“What? All about what?” he asked like nothing happened and continued walking to the house. Minha grew furious. Even though she like the fact that her crush just kissed her but she is also mad at the fact that she couldn’t understand him.

“Angry bird!!” She shouted and Kris turned back at her. “What? Angry bird? Who? Me?”

“Yes, you! Angry bird” she said as she stock out her tongue and ran towards the house. “Yah!”  Kris said and ran after her.

He managed to catch up with her. He wrapped his arms around her waist. “Gotcha!”

Suddenly, a man and a woman stops walking and looked at them with a smile together with a little girl, Yan Ni and a little boy.

“Aigoo… so sweet in front of the little kids” the man teasingly said. Both Minha and Kris looked up to see who it was and Kris abruptly let go of Minha and awkwardly cough.

“No, it’s no-”

“Your girlfriend is pretty, Kris…” the woman complimented Minha. “…You shouldn’t let go of her”

Kris laughed awkwardly at the advice. “Y-yeah”

 

Kris’ POV

I regretted teasing Minha. Now, the Wang family will think that we really are dating. I was just teasing her though.

We went inside the house because it was cold outside. Mrs. Wang prepared a tea and cake for us to eat. We talked and laughed. That girl, Minha, who called me angry bird a while ago became close to them. It didn’t take so much time.

I looked at my phone screen and saw the clock. It reads 9:45 pm. We need to go home now because we still have a flight.

“Uncle and auntie, we need to go now” I told them. Yes, I call them auntie and uncle.

“Really? What time is your flight to Korea?” Mrs. Wang said.

“11pm and we need to go to our dorm first and get our luggage”

They nodded in understanding. We stood up and bid goodbyes to each other. They sent us off outside and we drove off.

 

-Inside the car-

“Are you tired?” I asked Minha as I gazed at her. Her eyelid seems heavy and her eyes are closing little by little.

“A little bit. By the way, who are they Kris? You didn’t tell me yet”

“Sleep first! I’ll tell you later” I commanded. I saw her pout a little and a small smile crept on my face. She’s cute, why didn’t I realize that?

Minha didn’t mind me and went off to dreamland. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe, comment & upvote are highly appreciated :D

 

 

GIF's aren't mine:

 

tumblr_m2rfhrN3Om1qcclklo1_250.gif

tumblr_m2rfhrN3Om1qcclklo2_250.gif

 

tumblr_m2rfhrN3Om1qcclklo3_250.gif

tumblr_m2rfhrN3Om1qcclklo6_250.gif

tumblr_m2rfhrN3Om1qcclklo5_250.gif

tumblr_m2rfhrN3Om1qcclklo4_250.gif