Chapter Twenty-One

Love is cruel
I just wanted to thank you to those who subscribed, upvoted and to those who commented. To the new readers, welcome and please enjoy the story :D

 

“Why are you sneaking, little missy?” a manly voice said from behind.

 
Minha quickly jerked up and looked at her back then blinked twice and said, “Me? I'm not. I-I was just looking. Yeah, looking.”
 
He grinned as he approached her. She nervously backed off until she was not trapped in the wall. Kris put his arms on her both sides, “You're making me as if I'm an idiot, missy. You're clearly sneaking.”
 
“You are clearly accusing me for something I didn't do, Kris,” she retorded. Isn't he supposed to be in there with them? Practicing? “Hey, aren't you supposed to be practicing right now? Why are you here outside?”
 
“I'm waiting for you to ask me that,” he paused then took out something from his back. Minha gasped as soon as she saw it. “What are those, Kris?”
 
It was a heart shaped Ferrero Rocher chocolate and a cellphone case. “A chocolate and a cellphone, obviously.”
 
Minha smacked him softly at his arms. “I know. I mean, who are you giving these to?”
 
“I'm giving this for my special girl. There's only four days left until White Day. I want to give this to her and other gifts 'til that day came and ask her to be mine.”
 
She felt a pang in her heart. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. She thought Kris liked her because they already shared a kiss and he was the one who started it, like being sweet with her and telling her that he's jealous. She wanted to curse herlself for being stupid and Kris, for being a jerk. What a playboy, she scoffed inside her mind.
 
“What's with the face?”
 
She cleared . “So... Uhm, w-who's the lucky girl?”
 
“You,” he said as he smiled that could melt her heart. “You? What a nice name! Where does she live? Korean or Canadian?”
 
Kris' smile slowly fade away and was changed into a frown. “Are you dumb or something, Minha?”
 
She blinked innocently. “What? I was just asking.”
 
“I meant you, idiot.” he said as he pushed her head lightly and chuckled because of her cuteness when she pouted.
 
♦♦♦
 
Minha's POV
 
I was still clearly analysing what Kris just said. But hey, he meant me? Really?! Kris meant me? My heart was jumping crazily when I got what Kris meant. 
 
“I-I'm special to you?” I asked with teary eyes.
 
 “Yes,” he said and wiped my tears. “Now, stop crying.”
 
“You're the reason why I am crying, idiot. You don't know how long I've been waiting for this.” I said as I sobbed in his arms. I don't care if I made his shirt wet, what I care is that we have mutual feelings.
 
I then realized what I just said. I've been loving Kris ever since we were kids, but he doesn't know about it. I hope he won't make a big deal of that.
 
He hugged me tightly by the waist and said, “Why? How long have you been waiting? It's not like you waited for me since we were kids, right? We didn't knew each other until you arrived.”
 
“I-” I stopped halfway. If I tell him, will he be mad at me? Should I tell him that I am Hai? “I... You're right, b-but I've been waiting for this ever since I first met you. You were cold, but I knew you soft.”  
 
“That's good. Then, it's not hard for me to get your sweet 'yes' at White Day, right?” he asked with his sweetes smile that could melt me.
 
“We'll see about that, Kris. Now, go in and practice for your new song.” I scolded with a soft giggle.
 
“Right. The others might scold me for being late from the toilet,” he said and paused for a while. “Won't you go in?”
 
I smiled. “Ji Hee unnie wants me to help her. I'll be inside for a while.”
 
“Alright. I guess I'll see you later. I'm gonna miss you,” he sweetly said as he kissed me on the cheek and wink.
 
I spanked him in the arm. “You're a sweet talker. Go in!”
“Yeah, I am,” he said and quickly stole a kiss on my lips. “Bye!” he waved and abruptly went inside the practice room.
 
I shook my head in amusement with a smile on my face. I am so happy right now. No one can tell how happy I am that the one I've been waiting for is finally confessing to me.
 
But of course, I'm still worried about some things. First, I need to find out what is going on between Yongguk oppa and Kris, which I don't know if it's a good idea. Second, Kris still doesn't know that I was his best friend, which I don't know what will his reaction be when he'll know.
 
I went to the roon where Ji Hee unnie wants to meet me with the other. I should tell Kris about me being his best friend since kid, but how? I heaved a long breath before knocking.

Kris' POV
 
Me and the other members were practicing really hard for our new album when Mr. Lee Soo Man entered the practice room together with a girl.
 
“Ji Hyun?” I softly murmured. 
 
I felt Suho nudging me. I looked at him with a 'what' look then that's when I remembered that we should greet Soo Man first.
 
We all stood up in a line and greeted, “Annyeonghaseyo, seongsinim.”
 
“Sit down, boys.” Soo Man instructed and we obliged. “I have something important to tell you guys.”
 
“You all know that we're filming a music video tomorrow, right?” he asked and we replied with a 'yes'.
 
He coughed and made Ji Hyun stand in front of us. “Well... I supposed you all already know Ji Hyun, right? Choi Ji Hyun? She was once a trainee here and she also told me that you guys were close.”
 
All of our eyes were wide opened, especially me. “It was all in the past, seongsinim.” I coldy explained.
 
“I know, Kris. That's why I said 'were'” he paused. “Okay, the real reason why I am here is that Ji Hyun and Kris will be playing the lead role in the MV for Chinese version while Ji Hyun and Chanyeol are playing for the Korean ver.”
 
“WHAT?!” we all shouted in unison, I mean literally, since every member knew about me and her. About why... you know, we broke up.
 
“Woah! What's with the reaction guys?” Soo Man joked. “You all heard it right. She's going to be the main girl in the MV. So be ready for tomorrow guys.” he said and went out the practice room together with Ji Hyun.
 
The moment Soo Man walked out of the room, every member gather around me.
 
“What are you going to do about it, hyung?” Chanyeol asked. “It's just a work. It's not dangerous, Chan.”
 
“But what if she's planning something?” it was Lay. “She's a girl. She can't do anything.”
 
“What about Minha noona, hyung?” Chen asked. “What about her?”
 
Chen looked at Suho as if he was telling him something. Suho then spoke, “Minha doesn't know what happened between you two. We saw you two a while ago. Tell her the truth before someone will.”
 
“What truth?”
 
“That you are still hurt because of what Ji Hyun did.” Baekhyun said as a matter of fact. “Nonsense! I'm not. I'm already over it.”
 
“I don't know what is worst, duizhang, you lying to yourself or you, lying to Minha.” Xiu Min stated. “I'm not lying.”
 
“You are as stubborn as Suho hyung.” Sehun stated. God, they are interrogating me like I did something wrong, I thought.
 
“If you really love Minha noona, hyung, I adivice you to tell her before someone does or before she'll knew about it herself. Or else, she will think that you are still in love with your ex.” D.O stated.
 
I sighed. “I said I'm already over it.”
 
“But your actions are telling the other way around, hyung.” Kai butted in.
 
“I think they are right duizhang. Tell her,” Luhan said.
 
Damn! Double damn, I cursed inside my head. I don't know what to do anymore. Yes, Minha is special to me, but I don't think I need to tell her about my past. I'm not even sure if I love her, but I'm attracted to her and she's special.
____________________________________________________________________________________
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Aigoo. So complicated with these two.
C'mon, Kris. Shes' special to you and that means you love her.
But... Is Ji Hyun planning on something? Wait for chapter twenty-two :)