Chapter Fourteen

Love is cruel

A/N: I'll be using a third person POV in this chapter, readers :)


 

Minha couldn't hide her excitement when Kris mentioned her Chinese name. She forgot that she was still a little mad at him even though she already forgave him.

 

“Y-Your best friend?” she stuttered.

 

Kris slowly nodded. “Mmm.. She was my best friend when I was younger, but-”

 

“But what?” she cut him off.

 

“I lost my contact with her ever since I was a trainee”

 

Minha felt sad about what Kris had just said. She wanted to know why but of course, Kris doesn't know that she's his bestfriend.

 

“T-Then, why did you lost contact with her? D-Did you by any chance... forget about her?” she carefully said her words.

 

She was hoping that Kris wouldn't say that he forgot about her because it will just hurt her. Truth hurts, she thought.

 

“No, I didn't forgot about her...” Minha's mouth curved into a smile. “Then, why didn't you contact me..”

 

“What?”

 

  She quickly covered and laughed sarcastically. “Haha. I mean her.”

 

“Oh...” he paused and breathed out. “It was because I was busy in my trainee days... and I didn't want to hear her voice nor see her-”

 

Minha felt sad. “Why?” her voice changed and there was a tint of sadness in her voice.

 

And of course, Kris noticed it. He was confused by Minha's reaction. Is it just me or it seems like she's sad about it? Why would she be sad? “It's because I would miss her more. When I hear her voice, my mind would suddenly interrupt me and say that I shouldn't debut and just go back to her.”

 

Minha's eyes started to get watery. She couldn't believe what she just heard. “Hey, you okay? Why are you crying?”

 

She sniffed. “Oh, It's just that I feel sad about your story.”

 

“You do? Why?” Kris raised his eyebrow in curiousity.

 

“It's because I...” she paused then continued, “I also have this bestfriend of mine. He... was my first puppy love, but then we had to be apart because of some reasons.”

 

“The same story as mine, maybe that's why you remind me of someone?” Kris said, more likely asking himself.

 

She nodded slowly. “Maybe” Even though Kris remembered her, she's still sad about the fact that Kris couldn't recognize his own best friend. His own best friend in his childhood that is now in front of him. Why can't you recognize me?

 

Silence engulfed the both of them. Kris was staring at Minha, as if he's reading her mind while Minha looked away from his gaze and looked at the wall in front of her.

 

“So we're good, right? You're not mad anymore?” Kris broke the silence.

 

She tilted her head teasingly and puffed her cheek, like she was thinking, “Mmm.. Let's see! You won't do it again, right?”

 

“I will ever never do it again.” He smiled, and with that, Minha broke into a smile. Her heart was beating abnormally fast and there were some tingly feeling in her stomach.

 

She was about to stand up when Kris held her wrist, again. “Where are you going?”

 

“I'm going to the kitchen and wash those dishes, Kris.” she said while pointing at the bowl and glass in the tray.

 

“Can't you just stay here and sleep with me? Leave those dishes for now. You can wash it afterwards.”

 

Her eyes widened than D.O's “WHAT?!”

 

“Please?” he begged and did a little aegyo. Her heart softened. “This sick person needs a company.” he said and pointed to his self.

 

“No, Kris. It’s inappropriate. We’re not… you know, t-together”

 

He smirked. “So? If you’re not together, you can’t sleep together? What about your family?” he asked, just to .

 

She gave him a sarcastic laugh. “Haha! Funny, Kris. I didn’t mean family.”

 

“Aigoo~ let’s not argue anymore…” he said and dragged Minha on the bed. “I don’t want to argue with you”

 

Now, both are lying on the bed. Of course, Minha can’t do anything anymore. Kris is as stubborn as when he was a child. It was silence, and they both felt awkward. Then, a minute late, Minha’s eyes widened in shock…

.

.

.

Kris suddenly wrapped his arm around Minha’s waist. (A/N: Gosh xD)

 

She tried to get his arm off her but he just tightened it. “K-Kris, can you get your arm off me? It’s kind of awkward.” she stammered. She was facing the wall while Kris was facing her back.

 

“No, I’m kinda comfortable with it though.” He casually said. “What? You have a girlfriend though.” She softly said those last words.

 

“Me? No, I don’t have”

 

“What about Ji Hyun?” she said with a sunken face. “We already broke up long time ago.”

 

“But…” she paused, trying to think the correct words. “F-From what I saw yesterday, y-you still love her. D-Do you?”

 

“Let’s not talk about it. I’m tired, let’s sleep” he emotionlessly told her. Kris doesn’t want to talk about it. Especially to Minha. He just doesn’t know the reason but his heart kept on shouting ‘I don’t want to hurt her’.

 

 Minha slowly closed her eyes and her mind was still on her question about Kris. She was wondering, does Kris still love her? And if he does, why is she being sweet to her right now? She really doesn’t know the reason and she won’t know it until Kris tell her.

♦ ♦ ♦ 

The EXO-M members arrived at the dorm late at night. It was already 11:30 pm when they went home. There wasn’t actually a practice. It was just a false.

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

“Luhan-hyung, I think something’s wrong between Minha noona and Kris-hyung” Tao informed.

 

“Why do you think so, Tao?” Lay asked.

 

“Ever since that day when Ji Hyun noona came, they weren’t talking to each other anymore. They now don’t talk to each other than the past days” he explained.

 

Chen nodded slowly. “Hmm.. I also did notice it. What should we do?”

 

Xiu Min tapped Luhan’s shoulder. “Yeah, what should we do, Mr. Smart?”

 

“We’re free tomorrow, right?” Luhan asked them and they nodded. “Kris-hyung is sick. We’re going to EXO-K’s dorm tomorrow.”

 

“What? Then, who will take care of our duizhang?” Chen asked. “Of course Minha need to take care of him”

 

“We will lie to Minha and tell her that we have practice and it was kind of urgent, and Kris is sick so she should take care of him” Luhan smirked a victory smile.

 

The members looked at each other then suddenly shouted and jumped on Luhan. “Kyaaa! You’re so smart, Mrs. Smart”

*END OF FLASHBACK*

They all tiptoed and went to Kris’ room. They slowly opened the door and their eyes widened in shock.

 

They looked at each other and it seems like they were thinking the same. They took their cellphones and took a picture of them, and closed the door.

 

“Mission success” they all shouted in a whispery tone.  “I told you guys. Just believe in me”

 

“Huh! Whatever! So, what’s the next plan?” Lay said.

 

“We have practice tomorrow, and after that, let’s go to ‘that’ place”

____________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm so happy, I mean, really.

There were many who commented about the last chapter,

and I'm so happy about that *Throws heart*

Thank You very much :D