Chapter Thirteen

Love is cruel

 

 

Minha's POV

I was sleeping soundly while dreaming about what had just happened with me and Kris. I still couldn't believe it that Kris has changed so much. Well, everyone change, even the people you know.
 
 
“Noona?” someone called as he was knocking on the door. I do wake up in even with the slightiest sound. “Come in!”
 
 
I looked up and saw Tao walking inside my room. “Uh? What are you doing here, Tao?”
 
 
“Noona, we're going to practice today.” I was shocked. I didn't know about it. How come I forgot it? “I thought Exo doesn't have schedule today?”
 
 
“Ahh, it's just sudden. But, you won't be coming with us noona.” he informed me.
 
 
My eyes widened. Why can't I come? Did Kris tell them that we fight and he doesn't want to see me by any chance? Huh! As if I want to meet him, too. I scoffed as I thought about yesterday. I just can't forget about it. “Waeyo?”
 
 
“It's because of Kris-hyung, noona. He's sick and no one can take care of him because of our practice. Manager-hyung said that you'll be taking care of hyung.”
 
 
“Ahh~” was all I could say. I'm speechless. I'm mad at him and now I should take care of him? Is 'fate' playing with me right now?
 
 
“Tao! C'mon, let's go. We will be late!” We heard Luhan shouted from the living room. “Luhan-hyung is calling me now, noona. I should go. Bye, noona! Take care of our duizzang.” he went out of the room while waving his hand and smiling.
I deep out a long breath. “Do I really need to take care of him?”
 
♦ ♦ ♦
 
After taking a bath, I went inside my room and changed my clothes in to an informal clothes, house clothes. 
 
 
I went to the kitchen and put the pot into the stove and made a porridge for the sick person. Even though we fought yesterday, I'm still worried about him.
 
 
Minutes later, the porridge was done and so I put it into a bowl. I put the bowl into a tray and a glass of water.
 
 
I carefully took the tray and slowly walking to Kris' room. It's beside my room. I took a deep breath before knocking in the door.
 
 
“Come in” I heard Kris shouted with a hoarse voice. I put the tray in to the drawer outside Kris' room first and opened the door.
 
 
I entered the room and saw Kris lying on his bed while his eyes closed. I put the the porridge on his bedside table and said with a cold tone, “Here's the porridge. You should eat it.”
 
 
He abruptly looked at me and his eyes widened. What? Does he really hate me that much? “What?”
 

Kris' POV

I didn't went to the practice today because was sick. My head hurts and I've been coughing since yesterday. 
 
 
The occassion that happened yesterday took place on my mind. I regret what I did to Minha and I didn't had the time to apologise to her because she won't even talk to me and she was just talking to my other members.
 
 
I was lying on my bed while coughing when someone knocked on the door. “Come in” I said with a hoarse voice.
 
 
I closed my eyes. Who could be here at this time? My members are already at practice. “Here's the porridge. You should eat it.” 
 
 
I abruptly looked up as soon as I heard the voice. It wasn't the same voice as last time though, today was cold. My eyes widened. I thought she's mad.
 
 
“What?” she snapped.
 
 
“What are you doing here?” I asked with a cold tone. What am I doing? I should be apologising. The pride won't let me though.
 
 
She gave me a fake smile. “Tao asked me to take care of you. You're lucky I agreed about it.”
 
 
I furrowed my brow. “As if I want to.”
 
 
“Whatever! Just eat the porridge and tell me if you're done so I can wash it.”
 
 
An idea suddenly popped up on my mind. I smirked, “Do you have a mental disorder or something? You know that I'm sick, and a sick person should be fed up by someone.”
 
 
“WHAT?! You mean I will feed you? Have you gone mad? Why would I? We're enimies since yesterday, remember?”
 
 
I was taken back. Okay, she's still mad, “I am not, and I can't move my body. I feel heavy.” I lied.
 
 
“Such an excuses. You just have a fever. It's not like you cut your hand or something.”
 
 
I gulped. Aish! this girl, “I'm not eating it if you're not gonna feed me. No matter what-”
 
 
“Don't eat if you don't want..” she cut me off.
 
 
A flashback suddenly popped in my mind. 
 
 
*FLASHBACK*
 
“Yi Fan oppa” I little girl shouted. I turned around and saw her. “What are you doing here early in the morning, Xiao Hai?”
 
 
“Huh! Is it wrong to visit my best oppa/bestfriend early in the morning when it's his birthday?” she scoffed and pouted.
 
 
I chuckled and pinched her nose. “Aigoo~ I was just asking. By the way, what's that on your hand?”
 
 
“Ah~ this?” she asked and held up the box that was wrapped beautifully with blue wrapper. “This is my gift for you, oppa.”
 
 
“Thank You, my ..” I paused and looked at the present. “But you should've just given this to me at the party this evening.”
 
 
“Don't worry, my crabby. This is my first gift. I'll give you my actual gift this evening” she gave me her biggest and sweetest smile.
 
 
“Aigoo. You really love me, don't you?”
 
 
She nodded. “Of course, so open it. Now!”
 
 
“Arrasso...” I said while opening the present she just gave me. I gasped. It was a knitted winter cap. It was beautifully knitted with a black peice of clothe. 
 
 
“You know that I don't wear winter cap, right, Hai?” I told her seriously.
 
 
Her smile fell. She was dissapointed. “You don't like it?”
 
 
“It's not that. I mean-”
 
 
I was cut off when Hai suddenly grabbed the present. “Don't wear it if you don't want”
 
 
I grabbed it again and said, “I was just kidding, Hai. I love it. It's very nice and beautiful. Were you the one who knitted it?”
 
 
She nodded. “Mmm. I told my mom to teach me how to do it.”
 
*END OF FLASHBACK*
 
♦ ♦ ♦
 
“You remind me of someone” I murmured. “What?”
 
 
“Nothing. Can't you just feed the sick person here?” I asked seriously. I know she's gonna give up and just do it.

No One's POV

Minha couldn't help it but to consider his request. It's not that bad, right? I mean, he's sick and just that. Nothing at all, she thought and sighed. Finally giving up. “Arrasso, arrasso! Just this once.”
 
 
Kris face turned into a big grin. I knew it. She will give up. “I'm hungry. Can you feed me now?”
 
 
“Sure” she said sarcastically and went to the table to get the porridge. She sat down on Kris' bed and took a spoon of porridge. “Here! Open your mouth”
 
 
Kris obliged and open his mouth. After about 10 minutes, the bowl was clean and Minha handed Kris a glass of water.
 
 
“Thank You” Kris muttered while handing Minha the glass. 
 
 
Minha put the glass back to the tray and sai, “No problem. It's my job anyways”
 
 
She was going to stand up when Kris suddenly grabbed her hand making her sat down in the bed again. The room was filled with silence and Minha felt awkward because Kris was looking at her intensely in the eyes.
 
 
She looked away. “I need to go now, Kris.” she said trying to stand up but Kris just held her hand tightly.
 
 
“I'm sorry..” he said seriously. “About what? About yesterday? When you told me I'm a-”
 
 
“Stop that.” he hushed her and continued, “I was just mad and it just came out from my mouth.”
 
 
“Exactly! That's what you're thinking about me the whole time” Minha said, she was on the verge of crying now. She was hurt. She never thought that Kris would call her own 'bestfriend' a .
 
 
“I'm sorry. It was a mistake and I regret it”
 
 
Minha tried to search a lie from his eyes but he couldn't find it. “Fine, just.. don't do it anymore.”
 
 
“Promise!” Kris said, determined. 
 
 
Minha couldn't help it but think about the past, where Kris promised her of something that he couldn't do. Don't promise, Kris. Do it.
 
 
She tried to smile. “Don't promise. Do it and prove it.”
 
 
“You really remind me of someone from my past...” he paused. Minha gasped. “From your past? Who?”
 
 
“Hai. Xiao Hai, my bestfriend”
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
A/N: Please do comment about this chapter :)
B- wins so I won't be deleting this fanfic. Thank you very much for 
those who voted :D