Chapter One

Love is cruel

 

 

(13 years before/ when they were just 9yrs old.)

 

“Oppa!!” (A/N: I don't know what's oppa in Chinese. lol) The little girl shouted while running to the little boy who was going to go inside the car. The little boy stopped from going inside and turned around to find a little girl crying.

 

“What are you doing here?” The little boy asked the little girl who was approaching him.

 

“W-why didn’t you tell me? Huh, Wu Yifan? I thought we are best friends” The little girl barked while sobbing and panting.

 

“I’m sorry, Hai. I just don’t want to see you cry” Yifan said while wiping the little girl’s cheek with the back of his thumb.

 

“B-but… you already made me cry”

 

He chuckled. “I’m sorry, okay? Stop crying! I promise to go back to you someday” He said and held out his pinky finger to do the pinky promise.

 

“Promise?” Hai asked and he nodded. Hai appreciates it and held out her pinky finger and places it in his finger.

 

“Good girl…” He patted Hai’s head and ruffled her hair. “I need to go now. Don’t forget about me, okay? We’ll contact each other”

 

Hai smiled. “You too, don’t you dare forget about me. Contact me as often as you can” she threatened.

 

He hugged her tightly. “I will miss you, ”

 

Hai hugged him back and let out a tear escaped from her eyes. “Me too, crabby”

 

He broke the hug and wiped her tears. “I told you, don’t cry” He snapped and pinched her nose.

 

She pouted and slips his hands away from her nose. “I get it, I get it”

 

“Yifan, we need to go now” Yifan’s mom approached them and looked at Hai.

 

“Goodbye, Hai. I will miss you” His mom said and hugged her.

 

“Me too, mama” She said. Yes, she called her mama because that’s how close they are together with Yifan’s mom.

 

“We need to go now” His mom held Yifan’s hand and before they went inside the car. Our families hugged each other first.

Before Yifan entered the car, he turned back and smiled at Hai.

 

(13 years later)

 

Minha was packing her things. She puts some of her clothes on her luggage and some facial and body wash.

 

“Hai” Her mom called her name and entered the room.

 

“Mom, I told you don’t call me Hai anymore. It reminds me of bad memories” She snapped at her mom. She doesn’t like being called Hai now. It’s either Angel or Minha because of Yifan. When someone calls her Hai, she remembers Yifan.

 

“Aren’t you over with Yifan, baby? It’s been so long” Her mom said softly.

 

Yeah, it’s been so long mom. But, I couldn’t help it. It still hurt, she thought.

 

“Of course I’m all over him, mom…” she sarcastically said. “I don’t want to waste anymore tears just for him” She said with a hint of angry voice.

 

Her mom noticed it. “Baby, you know, maybe Yifan was just busy and couldn’t contact you”

 

“Mom, you no need to explain. Before he went to Canada, he promised me…” her voice cracked a little bit. “…He promised to contact and won’t forget about me, but he broke all of that”

 

“But… you’re going back to China, you might bump into him”

 

“If that happens, I bet he already forgot about me…” she said calmly. “…And besides, he’s an Idol now, mama told us, remember?”

 

Her mom nodded and examined her neck but she couldn’t see the necklace Yifan gave to her when they were younger.

 

“Where’s the necklace?” Her mom asked while pointing at her neck.

 

“I already threw it” she lied. Actually, she just put it on the box where her important things are there. She doesn’t dare throw it.

 

“Oh” Her mom was kind of sad about the necklace. Her mom’s phone suddenly rang causing both of them to jerk.

 

Before her mom answered the phone, she looked at the ID of the caller first and saw that it was Yifan’s mom. She answered it and put the phone on her ears.

 

“Hello?...Oh, you want to talk to her?...Okay, wait, I’ll hand it to her”

 

Minha’s mom handed the phone to her and Minha held it.

 

“Who is this?” she mouthed to her mom while pointing at the phone.

 

“It’s Yifan’s mom, Wu Mei” she mouthed back at her daughter and Minha gave her an –oh- look. She put the phone on her ear.

 

“Hello? Mama?”  She asked.

 

“Minha, you’re mom told me that you are going back to China today”

 

Minha nodded even though Yifan’s mom can’t see it. “Yes, why mama?”

 

“Can you please stay at Kris’ dorm and take care of him?”

 

What? Kris and EXO stays together and I’m staying with five other guys? It’s a no, especially Kris is there, she thought. She knows EXO and is a very big fan of theirs. Her bias isn’t Kris, its Lay. Yes, Lay is her bias.

 

Her eyes grew bigger by the news. “Err… I don’t know, Mama”

 

Kris’ mom sighed. “Oh? Is that so?”

 

“Yes, mama. I’m sorry if I can’t”

 

“…But if you change your mind just call me, okay?”  Kris’ mom hopefully said.

 

“Sure, mama”

 

“Bye, take care of and have a good trip, Minha”

 

“Bye, mama” She said and hung up. She handed the phone to her mom and sighed in relief. Her mom patted her shoulder.

 

-------

 

“What did Mei said?” Her mom asked.

 

“She told me to stay at Kris’ dorm and take care of him”

 

“And why did you reject it?”

 

“Kris is there, mom and there are other five boys there” Her mom nodded in understanding and stood up.

 

“It’s already 10 pm. Are you done packing?” Her mom asked and she nodded. They closed the luggage and went downstairs. Her father was waiting for her.

 

“Shall we go now?” Her father asked and Minha and her mother nodded. They exited the house and went inside the car. Her father drove off to the airport.

 

---------

 

“Take care there baby, understand?” Her father said while broking the hug.

 

She nodded and smiled. “Understand, sir” she said and put her hand on her forehead, like a salute.

 

Her father chuckled and kissed her on the forehead. Next is her mom, her mom hugged her tightly.

 

“Call us when you get there, okay?”

 

She nodded again and they did a group hug. Before Minha went inside the gate, she waved and smiled at her parents and they did the same. Minha’s plane already landed, she went inside as soon as the gate opened.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Annyeonghaseyo!! 1st chappie is up~

How was it? Was it boring? ;)

Subscribe, comment & upvote are highly appreciated :D