Operation Banda... START!

Operation Banda

For weeks you had listened to the recording equipment, but after your shift with Micky, nothing had happened anymore..
Since then the squat has stayed empty..
Except for the occasional presence of mice, rats and other types of small animals..
Of course they had nothing to tell you.
After the first week, you started worrying whether they would come back soon..
A week thereafter you started doubting they would ever come back..
When another week had passed and still nothing had happened, you wished you could do something else.
You felt you had to do something else!

When it was lunch time, you gathered together at the table.
Everyone was there, except Max, who was doing his shift, which felt equally to doing nothing..
‘I feel bad.. Isn’t there anything we can do, besides listening to the silence?’ You asked.
Since listening to the phones mostly meant not hearing anything than silence, you had started to call it “the silence” rather than “the recording equipment”.
‘There is nothing we can do.. this is the most boring part of being an agent of PCF..’ U-know said with the voice of a funeral caretaker..
You sighed..
How come they just let this happen?
How come they don’t seem to bother if the criminals aren’t going to come back?
How can you be the only one seeming to really want to prevent the criminals’ plans from happening?
‘I don’t know about you guys, but I feel like checking the scene again!’ You said, almost angry because of their reluctant postures..
Suddenly Micky rose up from his place at the table..
‘You know what, I’m with you.. What harm could it be, we’re just checking!’
‘Exactly!’ You replied to Micky, thankful that someone took your side.
One by one the others started to agree with you too..
The only thing that could go wrong was that someone might catch you going in there..
Well, that threat had always been there, no matter what the mission was!

Now that everyone had agreed to take a look, there had to be formed a plan..
Simply boasting in and investigating the scene wasn’t going to cut it anymore.
Big chance there hadn’t changed anything!
So you needed a plan.

‘I’ve been thinking..’ Xiah said..
‘Wooo..’ Micky started but got punched at the elbow by U-know.
Micky began pouting, so U-know gave him an act-like-you-are-a-professional-or-I’ll-punch-you-again glare..
You felt like laughing, but kept it in and focused on listening to what Xiah had thought about..
After all you didn’t want to get punched by U-know too..
‘If they want to attack the president, they will need to go to the Blue House.. So, shouldn’t we pay a visit to the Blue House?’ Xiah said, smiling because all your faces were flustered by the simplicity, but also geniality of his thoughts..
It was just basic logics, but why had nobody else thought about that yet?
Soon all of you agreed to go to the Blue House.
When it was decided you started eating again.

After ten minutes Max came in..
He looked kind of pissed off, blowing his cheeks and sighing occasionally.
‘Who’s next?’ He asked to no one in particular..
You all looked at each other.
Shouldn’t you quit that business now, since you have made other plans to handle the mission?
‘Max, I think no one needs to listen to it again..’ You started..
‘WHAT! SO I JUST SPEND AN HOUR OF MY LIFE DOING NOTHING.. FOR NOTHING?!’
Oops.. Max really was pissed off!
‘We’re sorry, but we have a much more exciting plan!’ You started.
‘It better be good!’ Max said while sitting down in frustration and starting to eat ferociously.
All your eyes went wide, taking in Max' fierce behavior..
Hero told the whole plan to Max, using his calm voice.
If someone would raise his voice against Max right now, that person might be facing the last minutes of their life.

Being the cheerful person Max usually was, his mood changed into that of an excited kid when he understood what the next plan was..
‘We need a mission name!’ Max exclaimed.
‘Yeah! Let’s have one!’ U-know and Xiah cheered simultaneously.
‘Well, have you got an idea then?’ Hero asked, always the practical one..
Micky looked like he was deep in thought..
You thought too, suddenly something came to your mind.
‘I can think of a name!’ You said.
‘Let’s call the mission “Operation Banda”!’ You continued, looking at the others one by one.
Everyone of them sat looking at you with a puzzled expression.
‘Hmm, I forgot..’ You smiled.
‘“B” stands for “Be”, “A” stands for “Alert”, “ND” stands for “and” and the last “A” stands for “Attack”!’
First a silence, the others were still thinking about what you had just said.
Then came the cheers, seems like your mission name was a good one!
‘That name is okay with me!’ Micky said, out of his thinking-trance..
All of them agreed.
So the mission had a name, Operation Banda.
Now it was time to work out the best possible plan to be quick, effective, and most important: secretive.

If you wanted to visit the Blue House, you could make an appointment and get a house tour.
That is, if you don’t mind to get only touristic information and your name written in the guestbook.
If you wanted to visit the Blue House without getting known, you should go in there trespassing the security system..

Since you had no desire to leave a message in the guestbook, trespassing the security system was to be the only possible way.

To know what you could expect, a map with specifics was needed.
Simply calling the Blue House or police office to get a map was not an option..
Of course you were a crime fighting unit, and therefore part of the “good guys”, but you weren’t part of the governmental order.
This basically meant you had ties with the police, but operated on private orders and therefore couldn’t call on police forces to work with or for you.

So where do you find a map? Right, there is none..

________~END OF CHAPTER 8~________