Together

Need to be next to you

 

Sora watched in amusement as Jung su peels the apples.

He looks so competent holding the knife.

He’s like someone you could relied on the kitchen.

He cut the apples into pieces and places it in the table in front of her.

Using a fork he picks a piece and offered it to her.

She stared at him for a moment then shyly took a bite.

His face lights up as he smile.

 

“I saw some ingredient in the fridge. I’ll make you some pasta. I make great pasta.”

He said confidently.

 

She felt a sudden stung of insecurity. She felt so incompetent.

She unconsciously bit her lower lip and bows her head.

 

Jung su notice her silence and moves closer to her.

With his right hand he lifts her head.

 

“You’re injured Sora-ya. Just relax for now and let me serve you, araso?” he said with a smile.

 

“Neh” She answered “Kasamhamnida.”

 

“You don’t need to thank me. This is a debt. You owe me one meal.” He insisted.

He instantly looks away as his face blush.

 

“Araso, I promise to prepare a meal for you next time.” She said with a smile.

 

With a contented smile Jung su proceed in making the dish.

He still can’t understand himself. He’s tired he badly wants to rest.

He just came from a long trip but instead of sleeping in his bed, here he is cooking for her.

Yet it makes him happy.

He’s not known as a patient person when he’s tired. s would often as lazy

for he loves to sleep so much but for the first time he found a reason to stay awake.

They only have limited time together. They are married but at the same time they are strangers.

He could still sense the wall Sora builds between them.

She maybe starting to warm up to him but the barrier is still there.

Logically he could just let go…

He already has what he need… he already debuted.

All he needs to do is to wait for a few more years and have their divorce.

She never obliges him to fulfill his role as her husband. And yet he likes being needed by her.

 

“Can I help?” her voice interrupting his thought.

 

He looks back at her. His eyes went down to her injured hand.

 

“Please” she insisted. “I won’t hurt myself. I promise.”

 

Jung su sighs. He can’t say no to her.

 

“Araso. You could set the table I’m almost done with this”

 

Her face lights up as she enthusiastically stand to arrange the table.

The two of them move in sync around the kitchen.

This is the first time they do this and yet they complement each other’s moves.

They both sat in front of each other.

With a nervous heart Jung su anticipate for her reaction with the food.

 

“Masitsso” she said with a thumb up.

 

He slowly exhales just realizing that he have been holding his breath.

 

“You’re a great cook Jungsu-ssi. Your members are lucky.”

 

“Kasamhamnida but I don’t usually cook at the dorm that was Ryeowook’s duty.” He said with a smile.

 

“Ryeowook? Your mankae?”

 

“Neh. He loves cooking. His usually prepare the food for all of us.”

 

Sora just nods.

 

“How was your trip to Thailand?”

 

Jung su grins.

 

“It’s awesome. We had so much fun.” He started to tell their escapades in the Thailand.

How they are all nervous as they arrived in the airport. The overwhelming feeling when they saw the crowd.

He even imitates how the members reaction to the audience.

He also gave her a brief description of their performance.

He was so animated that Sora finds herself laughing with him.

She can see that he really like the stage as well as s.

 

“There are some fans holding our names. I didn’t expect to have many fangirls to watch the show.

We sure have so much fun.” He excitedly said with a smile.

 

 Sora looks at him.

 

“You really like to be around with girls.”

 

Jung su instantly stops as he heard her comment.

 

“Ani… Sora they are fans.”

 

“I know. I understand them it’s just that I can see that you’re so happy around them that’s all.”

 

“I’m also happy being with you.” He blurted.

 

Sora’s eyes turned wide as she looks at him.

 

“I mean…”

 

“Jung su-ssi you should stop being too nice to all girls they might misunderstands you.

That is why your member thinks that you’re a ladies’ man.”

 

“my members?” He suddenly remembers the interview they had. The guys are teasing him.

He had been close to some trainees but he only treats them as a younger sister.

He would joke around and give them support but he knows his limitation.

He is a married man. He is married to the girl in front of him now.

 

“Sora about that…”

 

“Forget about what I’ve said. I don’t have the right to say that. Mianhe.”

She interrupted.

 

Jungsu looks at her. He didn’t know what to say. He wanted to clarify things to her but

He just doesn’t know how. Of course she has the right to tell him to stay away from other girls.

Yet he understands her. What they had is just a contract… a marriage for convenience.

 

An awkward moment filled the air the food suddenly becomes tasteless.

After forcing herself to finish the food on her plate, Sora stands. Jung su held out her hand.

 

“Sora-ya…”

 

She looks at their hands. She could feel small current flowing from her veins.

She wanted to take her hands but he hold on to it.

She notices his other hand searching something from his pocket.

 

“I know we didn’t have a typical wedding but nevertheless we are still married.

I have brought you something…”

 

From his pocket he pulled out a small box. He lets go of her hand for a while

As he clumsily tried opening the box his hands starts to get cold.

Sora just looks at him stunned. She felt his cold hand touch hers.

 

“I prepared this ring, but I didn't know if it fits you 'coz I don't know your size.”

He puts the ring in her finger.

 

“Is it a bit big?”

 

“A little.” She answered as she looks at the ring.

It was a simple white gold ring with small stones. For her it was perfect.

 

“We can adjust it.”

 

“Ani. It’s fine.”

 

“I want you to wear it. I haven’t given you a ring during our wedding…”

 

“Kasamhamnida.”

 

He smiles at her.

 

“You are my wife you deserve it.”

-----------------------------------

I have updated a bit late.

Thanks for all the support and comments