Yeobo~

Need to be next to you

 

June 2007

Sora wore a simple white knee length dress.

She awkwardly stands alone in the crowd with a fake smile on her lips.

She took a glass of wine from the roving waiters.

She doesn’t plan on drinking tonight she’s just using it as a prop to blend in.

Why she’s here? She’s still asking herself the same question.

All eyes went to the middle aged couple entering the hall.

Both of them are all smile as they looked at the crowd.

The guy glance at her for a moment then looks away indifferently.

A bitter smile cross her lips as expected from ‘her father’.

 

“Sora-ssi glad to see you came.” Producer Ahn said with a smile. “Come I’ll introduce you to someone.”

 

Sora gave him a polite smile as she goes along with him. Honestly she didn’t want to go here.

She hates this kind of occasion being surrounded with people she doesn’t know.

She’s just doesn’t feel comfortable especially in front of the couple in front of her.

Sora could see the old woman’s eyes widen in recognition then turned to her husband.

Her father remained poker face as she approaches her together with producer Ahn.

 

“Annyeonghaseo, Joo Jin Mo-ssi” Producer Ahn greets. “I’m glad you could come to our party.”

 

“Annyeonghaseo, Ahn Byeong ki-ssi.” He glances at her no recognition can be trace in his face.

 

Sora could almost laugh; her father is such a great actor.

She’s use to it but still she could feel the pain in her heart.

 

“I would like to introduce you to Kang Sora-ssi, she’s one of our rookie writers but she’s quite talented.”

 

Her father turned to her. “Annyeonghaseo, Sora-ssi.”

 

“Sora-ssi, Joo Jin Mo-ssi is one of our company’s executives”

 

“Annyeonghaseo” she gave a polite bow.

 

Pathetic. Her, his daughter pretending not to know him.

Sora glances at the woman beside him, her father’s wife.

The older woman’s eyes have various emotions: fear, pity and pain.

Sora gave her a smile. She had always been nice to Sora.

She treats her civilly. Sora’s mother raised her alone. She even took up her mother’s family name.

She had only met her father after her mother died. That’s when she learns that she’s an illegitimate child.

Her father already has his family and their relatives think that introducing her to everyone would be an embarrassment.

Her father lets her stay with his relatives and supported her financially.

Everyone around her keep telling her how she should act and what she should do

Not just once have she experience being rejected.

She’s not allowed to call him ‘Abuji’ or ‘Appa’ in front of other people.

She tried to rebel she didn’t want her life.

She was out of control to the point that she almost endangered her self.

Her father’s solution: find her a husband. She lets out a smile.

The best decision he had ever made.

She’s not sure why he chosen Park Jungsu but she didn’t regret accepting her father’s compromise.

Jungsu had been a friend to her just in time when she needed it the most.

He made his way into her life; make her experience lot of things.

He had been so nice to her too nice for her own good.

Now after what happened 2 months ago, a frown formed in her lips as she remembers the accident,

She realizes that she needs to protect herself or else she would be facing the same situation all over again.

Losing her identity, hiding from other people, lying about how she feels.

She wants none of that. She wants a simple relationship she could be proud of.

She as much as she wants to She hasn’t contacted Leeteuk since then.

She needs to keep her distance. She updated herself regarding his condition from the news.

She’s so happy to hear that he has recovered fast.

She misses him but as always she can’t do anything.

 

“Is there any problem Sora-ssi?” Her father’s wife asked.

 

“Aniyo. I just remembered something. Mianheyo.” She bows.

 

The older woman smile.

 

Sora notice her father looks at her questioningly.

 

She shook her head as a reply.

 

He then pulled his wife and leave.

 

“Hold yourself properly” He whispered as walk pass Sora.

 

“I will, Dad.” Sora answered in a low tone.

 

After they left a sad smile spread on Sora lips. She’s still a disappointment to him.

She could feel a familiar pain in her heart.

 

“Ahh. I saw someone I’ll just talk to them would you want to come?”

 

“Aniyo Producer Ahn, I’m ok I’ll just stay here.” She said with a polite smile.

 

Sora watches her father as he dances with his wife.

She didn’t feel belong here. Unconsciously she drank the wine she’s holding.

It tastes a mixture of sour and sweet after finishing a glass she took another one.

She felt a bit tipsy she decides to leave. 

She won’t ever get his recognition.

 

Sora puts on a coat and walks out of the building.

She didn’t want to come home. It’s so lonely there.

Leeteuk’s face flashed in her mind. She lets out a smile.

Next thing she knew she’s having anju (dishes accompanied with alcohol) and soju in some pojangmacha (small tented restaurant).

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Leeteuk looks at his phone for the nth time.

He had called her several times for the past week but still she’s not answering.

He had done everything to recover fast not only for the members but to be able to see her again.

He looks down at his laptop. It’s the video recording of the accident then pause.

He personally he didn’t want to see it, it brings him some traumatic memory but this particular video is different.

He bite his lower lips as he touch the screen. It was Sora calling out to him with tears in her eyes.

He wanted to wipe those tears away. If only he saw her… If only…

 

Why haven’t she called me? Did something happen to her?

 

He is not allowed to go out easily. He can’t come to her and she’s not picking up his call.

He lets out a sigh.

 

“Problem?”

 

He looks back at Heechul. He didn’t notice his presence till now. Donghae went out with Eunhyuk.

 

“Aniyo. I’m fine.”

 

Heechul just nods and sit at the corner of the room.

 

Leeteuk looks at Sora’s image in his laptop then sighs.

He looks out of the window.

 

It’s already late I wonder what she’s doing right now. Have she had her dinner already?

Is she eating take outs again? Is she having enough sleeps? She better not pulls an all nighter reading those fanfics.

 

A smile spread on his lips. He still can’t believe she did that.

The image of her smiling face as she spazz about shipping him with his group mates flash in his mind.

She’s really cute and he misses her. Again he sighs.

He almost jumps out of his bed when he felt his phone vibrated.

 

“Yeoboseo.” He answered.

 

“Yeobo, Annyeong!” Sora answered from the other line with a giggle.

 

Leeteuk was stunned. Did she just call him ‘Yeobo’?

 

“Sora-ra, are you ok?” Concern can be trace in his voice.

 

“Ani. I’m lonely Yeobo.” She answered with a sad voice.

 

“Where are you?”

 

“Bi- mil.(Secret)” she answered followed by a giggle.

 

“Are you drunk?”

 

“Ani.” She denied but Leeteuk find that hard to believe.

 

“Where are you?” he asked in a serious tone.

 

“Guess where I am?” She answered in a sing song voice.

 

“Why are you being like this?”

 

“Hmmm~”

 

His face starts blushing. She never spoke to him like that before.

 

“Sora-ra Where are you?” Again he asked this time his voice is more resigned.

 

“I don’t want to tell.” Sora playfully said.

 

“Sora-ra please.”

 

“Why do you want to know? You want to see me?” Sora teases.

 

“Aii~ Why are you being like that?” He didn’t whether to smile or be irritated by her action.

 

Personally he’s happy to hear this side of her but at the same time he’s concern about her.

He could hear noise in the background meaning she’s not in her apartment.  

 

“You don’t like me like this Yeobo~”

 

“Of course I do… I mean. Aii~ please, just tell me where you are.” He begged.

 

“I’m near my house.” She concedes.

 

“Where exactly? Sora-ra it’s already late. Tell me where you are.”

 

“Not gonna tell. Bye Yeobo~” She said then hangs up.

 

“Aiss~” He redialed her number.

 

“Wae? Miss me?” she teases

 

“I’ll find you.” He said then hangs up.

 

Now what?

 

He still didn’t know where to find her but he can’t just leave her alone.

He gets up with his bed and changes his clothes.

His eyes widen when he turns around and saw Heechul looking at him intently.

 

“Your girlfriend?”

 

Leeteuk didn’t answer. He didn’t know how to answer that.

He was about to went out then turned back at Heechul.

 

“Help me go out.”

 

Hee lets out a evil grin.

 

“Let’s go.”

----------------------------------------------------

First part of Heechul and Sora's first meeting and a brief overview of Sora's background.

Again this is a flashback.