Chapter 24

Youngest of Pieces: [WHO- I AM] (8)

 

Practice continues like it is a normal day. Hannah keeps looking at Emelia in the mirror reflection, smiling just a little when imagining how her friend might react over the surprise.

Close after practice has started after lunch, Maria excuses herself and says she has to go to the bathroom. Nothing strange with that – among the ladies there is not anyone who uses the bathroom as much as Maria – so the leader leaves the practice-room while the other ladies continues to practice. They stop the music to just go through the choreography, and Hannah quietly slinks to the back. She notices Emelia glancing at her, so Hannah picks up a bottle of water by the wall in the back to pretend she is going to drink it, but the moment she knows Emelia isn’t looking she slinks over to the door that is a few meters to the side of that wall.

Maria is getting ready outside with Manager Lee, lightening the candles on the birthday cake – a strawberry whipped cream cake – that has a bunch of candles formed into the number ‘21’. Hannah reaches out the door to hold the birthday cake from their manager (Maria said it was too heavy to carry, so Hannah takes it instead of the weak leader) and Maria heads inside the room. The moment she enters she turns off the lamps in the room to get the attention, and though it is lights outside the room, the candles on the cake are still noticed when Hannah steps inside. Everyone starts to sing the birthday song in English, and Manager Lee turns off the lights again because Maria seems to forget it and Hannah smiles widely when seeing the birthday girl.

Emelia had been dancing with the others, her body skinny even in that big cardigan of hers, her skin light like always and all of her long black hair pulled away from her face in a black hairband, but when the lights turned out she did as everyone else; looking to the door. Her whole face is glowing when seeing the cake and getting the song, looking happy around on the faces around her when Hannah walks up with the cake to her.

The song comes to an end and Carolina is loudly telling Emelia to make a wish when blowing out the candles; the friend is throwing her hands out in the air, excited about the successful surprise birthday event.

Emelia gives a giggle; surprisingly she actually makes a giggle, making others in the room laugh lightly. “I wish 5 Pieces’ Japan Arena Tour will be a success!” she shouts out in Japanese and when those in the room are cheering she blows out the candles, and Hannah gives out a random shout happily when seeing that Emelia is actually really happy over this surprise. Maria’s squeal shows she sees it too and she stands up next to Hannah, pokes the cake to get some whipped cream on her finger and Emelia lets her put the cream on her cheek.

“I didn’t know this,” Emelia laughs towards the camera, putting her arms around Julia. She looks really happy. “I knew nothing.”

Hannah walks over to the table on the side with the cake, together with the manager preparing so they can drink something and share the cake with everyone. Emelia continues to talk a little to the cameras, saying how surprised and touched she is and Maria saying that the rapper has never looked this touched before.

Emelia really thought they were going to celebrate AFTER the practice, not in the middle of it, so she definitely is surprised. Having the dancers and the band too congratulating her now, everyone picking up a piece of the cake and a plastic mug to get some alcohol-free drink and the practice is put aside for people to just chat, eat, drink a bit and joke with each other and celebrate Emelia. It’s definitely a much better practice than Emelia imagined her birthday to be like. She hugs her members (yes, all four of them) and keeps giving comments to the cameras while eating the yummy cake she actually has personally asked for without really knowing it.

Hannah smiles at the camera when the camera-man steps up to her. It is for their Japanese DVD, the camera-man asking Hannah to say something about Emelia’s birthday. Hannah had been hiding by the wall, not eating more than a few mouthful pieces of the cake she has stayed by the wall in hope to not catch anyone’s attention.

“Emelia loves strawberries,” Hannah says in Japanese, the smile staying in her face while she is holding her arms crossed over her chest. “I asked her the other day what she wanted on her birthday, and she said strawberries, so we gave her strawberries on her birthday.”

Emelia has kept an eye on the camera, wanting to know what everyone says about her because the camera-man has been walking around asking the ladies to say some things about Emelia – the main of the day. Now too, when seeing Hannah being interviewed by the wall, Emelia slinks up to stand next to Hannah. Hannah’s smile grows, not looking away from the camera when being asked to say some things to Emelia (not to Emelia standing next to her but to Emelia in the camera). Emelia looks forward to it, looking at the camera too to not make Hannah feel too much pressure on her.

“Emelia,” Hannah starts off saying with a giggle, speaking Japanese of course; “You have been my absolute best friend for more than half my life already, and you are now my roommate too – which is a first. You go me on my nerves and make me mad, but you also make me laugh and realise things and it feels unbelievable that you are already twenty-one while I’m still twenty. It would be fun if you were a little bit nicer at times, but you look beautiful these days and you apparently know you are the best, so stay true to who you are and who we are, and … happy birthday! I love you!”

Emelia smiles and claps her hands lightly, Hannah looking at her.

“How does it feel to be the oldest lady?” Hannah jokes, putting her arm around Emelia’s shoulders by standing a little on her toes to reach up with her arm to not get the skinny shoulder of Emelia’s under her arm.

“I feel as the wisest,” Emelia answers with a bad wink to the camera, and Hannah’s chest is jumping slightly when she laughs at her friend.

“Happy birthday,” Hannah tells her and gives her old friend a hug.

 

On twitter, by the time the day’s practices has ended and 5 Pieces are back at the apartment, Hannah uploads a picture of herself and Emelia.

It is a picture taken during the beginning of summer in 2007 (the girls were 14-15 years old at that time) and in the picture it is a tanned Hannah with blonde hair and tiny eyes barely visible in a huge smile, the chubby girl having her cheek pressed together with skinny Emelia’s who looked pale even at summer with long brown hair and a huge smile too. It was a picture taken by Hannah’s camera after school a warm day in May when four members of 5 Pieces had been at Emelia’s place and they were walking the small neighbourhood streets and taking pictures. Just that picture is Emelia and Hannah’s favourite picture of that time, maybe because all pictures were usually taken of diva Maria who posed the moment a camera was in someone’s hand, and simply because that picture really is adorable and good.

{Twitter, 5P_HANNAH: One picture says more than hundred of words, right? (Picture) Happy Birthday Emelia~ ^^}

Hannah updates on twitter, but then turns off her laptop, leaving it on her bed and rushes out of the bedroom. She is wearing a loose long top to a pair of leggings, very relaxed and comfortable. Hannah hurries out to the kitchen where she finds Carolina taking out snacks in big bowls (and eating them at the same time…), having Michin looking hungry by her feet.

“Don’t eat them up,” Hannah laughs and pushes one of the bowls away from Carolina before looking down at Michin. “It’s not for you.”

“They are here!” Maria shouts.

Hannah rushes to the hall, Michin running after her in excitement. When reaching the hall where Julia is trying to tide up the shoes in the last minute, Hannah picks up Michin in her arms for him to not run out when she opens the door to the apartment. It’s quiet in the staircase and Hannah is in a low voice talking to Michin who is all curious for what is going on. Ever since they came home from practice, 5 Pieces have been trying to clean up and prepare for getting visitors. Their managers were told to not disturb too.

“They are coming!” Hannah giggles and jumps lightly with the puppy in her arms, hearing the elevator moving. She slinks out the apartment, opening the door so it doesn’t close.

It’s almost like counting down the silence before the storm, listening to the elevator coming up to the tenth floor of the apartment building while knowing who are in there. Emelia comes to the door too, letting Ryo run out.

“Ryo, get here!” Hannah bursts out in a strict tone, the happy puppy jogging back to his owner who still is holding Michin in her arms. Hannah gives Emelia a glare, but Emelia runs out too and Ryo runs after her; everyone is excited.

You can actually hear the voices inside the elevator when it stops on the tenth floor, right before the doors are opened.

“PUPPY!” a light, girly voice shouts out when seeing Ryo and Emelia. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EM!”

Emelia laughs when being thrown in to a hug by another skinny girl and out from the elevator comes a group of pretty girls in cosy clothes; Girls’ Generation. Hannah starts to laugh too, backing away when the group is heading over to greet her too, bringing Emelia with them and from inside the apartment you can hear Maria screaming that she can hear the flood arriving and with the members of SNSD and Emelia hurrying inside the apartment, Hannah makes sure the puppies gets inside too.

“So Nyuh Shi Dae!” Carolina is chanting from the hall when they are entering.

“They brought alcohol!” Emelia cheers, holding up a huge bottle that she got from Yuri.

“We brought the party!” Sooyoung is cheering too, already starting to make her way through by dancing.

It is a cheerful mood in the apartment now. SNSD have come by to celebrate Emelia’s birthday, and also to celebrate Taeyeon’s birthday that is in a few days. Everyone has dressed comfortably, 5 Pieces prepared snacked while SNSD prepared drinks, and now when they have arrived (SNSD’s manager went to the small apartment that 5 Pieces has in the building, because SNSD couldn’t come here on their own).

Everyone gathers in the kitchen, but the members in SNSD keeps walking around to look around in the apartment, saying it looks super great. Yoona grabs Hannah’s hand to get a tour, actually being the one pulling Hannah around with the others to have her explain things. It isn’t really much to say about the apartment beside from “this is my and Emelia’s room, that is Maria’s room, and that is the leftovers room”…

“Have everyone gotten something to drink?” Maria shouts out from the corridor, making sure everyone spread out in the apartment can hear her.

“Yes!” most of them happily answers, but Hyoyeon pops up in front of Maria, showing the empty glass in her hand. She has already finished her first one.

By the time Hannah is done showing Yoona around – also Seohyun and Jessica – they see that Sooyoung, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Tiffany, Carolina and Maria have already sat down by the kitchen table; eating, drinking and chatting for full. It is loud in the apartment, the puppies unable to know where to go and running after this and this person back and forth and though Hannah has before thought their apartment is huge, the moment you mix nine SNSD members with 5 Pieces, it suddenly seems very small because not everyone can sit in the kitchen. It is a girly atmosphere now, a lot of light voices and laughter and there is hugging and girls moving from one seat to another as if they can’t be still. Hannah even gives Taeyeon a back hug when the friend is sitting by the table just because Sooyoung says Hannah hasn’t congratulated the SNSD member who is celebrating her birthday soon.

Hannah then sits down on the floor to keep an eye on the puppies. Maria keeps her glass full, making Hannah just taking a few sips to not get it filled up again. Sunny sits down on the floor too, hitting the floor and playing around with the pets together with Hannah. Some of them sitting in the sofa play with the puppies too; calling them up to the sofa or letting them play with their feet on the floor.

Soon enough they decide to make an official cheer, and everyone gathers around the kitchen worktop, gathering around it on each side with their glasses refilled. Because Emelia is the main today, she and Taeyeon; Emelia can’t be the one to take the picture. Yoona and Carolina both happily decides to take pictures, making sure to have their own faces in it too, but with the many people it isn’t so easy. After a lot of test shots, they do make it and they all decide to make the cheer after singing the birthday song.

They sing it twice – once for Emelia and once for Taeyeon – and they keep laughing.

“Happy birthday to you both!” Tiffany happily cheers and the glasses are finally put together with them all shouting “Happy birthday!”

They still have to retake the pictures because Carolina at taking pictures, so Yoona ends up taking all the pictures and Carolina instead happily shows off the couple tee she is wearing with Tiffany; Tiffany is wearing a pink front-pocket printed t-shirt while Carolina is wearing a green one. Carolina keeps saying they didn’t plan it whenever Hannah asked them about it, but Hannah is pretty sure they did plan it beforehand.

 

An hour later, everyone is sitting in the living-room. The TV is on, a laptop is playing music and everyone is chatting; sitting either in the sofa or on the floor. Drinking a bit, some of them have gotten a little tipsy by now, and Hannah is seriously enjoying everyone else enjoying it. Though Hannah doesn’t drink much at all, just having fun with everyone else makes her laugh so much that she starts to cry and Jessica shouts out that she is drunk when that happens.

“I’m not drunk!” Hannah continues to laugh, but Jessica just laughs too.

“Yoona says that too when she is drunk!”

Hannah leans to the friend sitting on her right, whining to Yoona for saying that when she is drunk. Using her cuteness, Yoona says that she isn’t drunk when she says that and Hannah uses cuteness to say the same thing. Hyoyeon grimaces and says they sound stupid but the two friends just keeps laughing and using these cute voices to annoy the others. Hannah just follows Yoona, continuing to laugh and laugh with her stomach hurting. Sooyoung does some cute voice too and all of them start to try out cute voices, saying ‘oh, that sounds cute’ or ‘not like that…’ and everyone starts to laugh again.

After a little while, Hannah gets up. She stumbles by the others on the floor and picks up a yawning Ryo, walking him in to Maria’s room where Michin has tiredly gone to bed already. Ace is sleeping on Maria’s bed; all pets there together now and Hannah puts down Ryo on the puppies’ bed. She sits there and pats him for a while so he won’t follow her outside, getting tired sitting there in the calmness while hearing the others being loud on the other side of the wall.

Making sure the pets stays in the bedroom, Hannah steps outside. It’s like putting your children to bed at night.

Hannah goes to sit down next to Yoona again, and she notices how Yoona is looking at her.

“Are you wearing a bra?” Yoona wonders, eyes all focused below Hannah’s face.

It’s not exactly a question Hannah is used to get, so the girl looks at her friend with a surprise and laugh. “What?”

“Are you wearing a bra?”

“No…”

“What? They look like that when you aren’t wearing a bra?” Yoona asks and Hannah burst out laughing when Yoona puts her hand on Hannah’s chest; Hannah presses her own hands on her own, hiding them behind her hands to not have someone else having their hands on her and she falls down on her back, lying down and laughing over Yoona’s amazement. “Woa….”

“Oh my god what are you two doing?!” Maria bursts out from across the group sitting on the floor, laughing out loudly when seeing Yoona touching Hannah.

“Hannah’s s are huge!” Yoona says in a little too loud voice and Hannah’s face goes red when sitting up, because that subject seems to interest some of the others.

“They were bigger before she lost weight,” Maria comments and Hannah’s mouth drops.

“How do you know that?!”

“They were bigger?” Tiffany sounds impressed too, touching her own s while looking at Hannah’s.

“I know everything,” Maria happily answers and turns to Tiffany. “You should see her bras! They are enormous!”

“Eh, no wonder Jonghyun drools after you!” Jessica comments.

Hannah wants to disappear, but she keeps laughing. Having bigger s than those around you isn’t fun because they will be jealous of her while she is jealous of them. Hannah’s s did get a little smaller when she lost all that weight before, but they are still big. Her members never talk about it the way girls seem to do with each other, but SNSD is different. Having small s makes you able to push them up or use some kind of bra that makes them look bigger, while if you have big s you can get back problems and it’s not like it is comfortable to jump around during a performance. The secret for Hannah on that is to have the absolutely best bras; which their gay stylist seems to be an expert to get after five years with Hannah.

From the comments about Hannah’s size, the others starts to compare theirs and talk about s; saying who they envy and Maria confidently saying she wouldn’t do anything to change her body to someone else’s but that she would wonder how it is to have s like Hannah.

“It looks y,” Jessica comments, eyes looking at Hannah – but not on her face. “And you have a great body too. Perfect s-line”

“I don’t have a ,” Hannah is fast to complain.

“Who does?” Maria laughs.

“My is flat,” Emelia comments and Hyoyeon randomly laughs, saying she wants to see it. Maybe too much to drink for Hyoyeon, Hannah think.

“But your trainer said you have a ,” Yuri comments, pointing over at Hannah. “He said that a bit of the fat you before had above your has fallen down to your .”

They laugh and comments on that Yuri talks about Hannah’s body with Hannah’s trainer. Truth is that there are a lot of different exercises that is supposed to give you a better , and Hannah has done her best to try them out. Personally she thinks her has gotten better, but it is still a small in the wrong outfit.

“Even America said she is a ‘crying beauty’,” Jessica jealously comments, looking to be frowning at Hannah.

“That should not be said by you!” Hannah laughs and Jessica gives a smile, throwing her hair over her shoulder proudly because of the headlines she makes herself.

“Did you see another article that came out yesterday then?” Carolina wonders. “Our managers showed it to us. ‘5 Pieces Voted By American Specialities To Have The Best Vocals Among Today’s Singers Under 30’, I remember it well.”

“I saw that!” Tiffany claps her hands. “That one was great, totally great. To have top specialists in America to say that YOU are the best, and it isn’t about your looks or your dance but your voices…”

“Don’t you think it goes too fast?” Carolina wonders and she gets a lot of question-marks from the others. “It’s just been five years. We aren’t as great as they say we are, especially not if America says it. We have had one hit in America, that doesn’t make us the best of the best.”

“Hey, have you watched [Gangnam Style]? Or [Call Me Maybe]?” Tiffany asks her in a serious (is it a little tipsy too?) tone. “A lot of American artists have one big hit, followed by more songs, but we haven’t gotten there yet.”

“Yeah, but I always imagined 5 Pieces coming after SNSD,” Carolina pouts. Taeyeon gives out a sound by that, touched by those words.

“You can’t always be after us,” Jessica comments with a smile.

Hannah giggles over their words but starts to laugh when Hyoyeon crawls out over the living-room table with her glass raised.

“Let’s give a cheer to SNSD and … 5 Pieces, a friendship we will keep forever,” Hyoyeon says and nobody seems to hesitate to bring up their glasses. There is some giggling though, and Carolina hits Hyoyeon on her right after Sunny does it.

“Cheers! For friendship!” Tiffany says.

“For friendship!” Taeyeon and Julia bursts out, starting to laugh for saying it together.

It’s not that SNSD brought enough alcohol for them to get really drunk, but Hannah think that a little alcohol along with all this (friends – having fun) you just can’t help yourself to laugh over every small thing happening.

Emelia is asleep soon though, not until SNSD says they should go home (it takes thirty minutes for them to leave after they said they have to leave the first time). Emelia has fallen asleep on the sofa, her head had been resting on the backrest behind Seohyun and the youngest of SNSD hadn’t dared to say anything to anyone about the sleeping girl who was leaning more and mover over her place. Seohyun had ended up sitting leaned forward because Emelia had been resting her arm on her back. It was hilarious to see once everyone was getting up from their seats.

“It has been awesome!” Maria is cheering, making sure to hug everyone at least twice.

She even hugs Hannah, saying “you deserve a hug too”. Yoona keeps giggling when hugging Hannah, talking about girls’ night and that they all should do this more often.

“Next time, we’ll actually watch a movie too,” Jessica comments, since that had actually been part of their plan for the night; watch a movie. They never watched a movie, but they had fun anyway. Making sure to hug each other one last time, SNSD leaves with loud voices. Yuri, Sooyoung and Julia had sneaked away to the managers’ apartment to go get the one driving SNSD home and you can actually hear them the whole time from 5 Pieces’ apartment door. Poor neighbours…

Not until you can hear them leave the building ten floors down, Maria closes the front door to the apartment. Hannah has at that time already walked back inside, going inside Maria’s room to make sure the three “babies” are okay. Ace is stretching out on the bed, reminding her so much of Maria: Legs spreading out everywhere. Hannah smiles and heads out to the living-room. Emelia is still sleeping, so Hannah turns off the music on the laptop and lowers the volume on the TV when sitting down, seeing what is on.

“Is she still sleeping?” Julia chuckles when coming inside too.

“Mm,” Hannah answers with a glance at the girl sleeping.

It is like a storm has just passed by; the silence after the storm is now. Julia sits down on the floor, picking up the empty bowls and a few of the glasses that the girls didn’t take away before leaving. Most of them actually put their glasses in the kitchen when getting ready to leave, but of course not everyone.

“I had fun tonight,” Carolina breathes out and lies down on the sofa, placing her head on Hannah’s leg. Hannah pretends it doesn’t matter for her, but Hannah is really uncomfortable having someone’s head on her leg, barely able to breathe because she wonders if it will be noticed. Carolina never thinks about those things, but Hannah over thinks.

“Me too,” Julia says when sitting down in the sofa too. “I guess EM had too, before she fell asleep.”

They giggle at how Emelia is sleeping. She must have been really tired.

“Should we try to carry her to bed?” Carolina suggests, giggling when Hannah hits her lightly on the arm. “What? She is like a feather, it would be easy.”

“I won’t challenge it,” Hannah says, and Julia keeps shaking her head, not a chance they will do that.

“It’s kind of unbelievable though,” Julia breathes, smiling at nothing in particular. “That we are already turning twenty-one… I still feel like I’m eighteen.”

“I’m stuck at that age too,” Hannah giggles, looking up when Maria enters.

“What are we talking about?” Maria wonders, saying ‘we’ though she hasn’t been part of the conversation.

“Age.”

“Ugh.”

“The elderly is sleeping already.”

All of them start to giggle over Hannah’s last comment and the giggling just continues and continues, the girls giggling even more when Emelia moves her leg, and the giggling becomes laughter when Emelia opens her eyes with a grimace to look at them.

“GOOD MORNING!” Maria screams out with all her might, laughing both before and after saying it and the others keep laughing too.

Just … no reason to laugh for Maria screaming, but they can’t stop laughing. Emelia lies down more comfortably in the sofa, glaring at them with her newly woken eyes. Julia pats Emelia on her leg, asking if her birthday went well.

“Mm…”

“Don’t you wonder where everyone went?”

“They left,” Emelia answers, very chic like usually. The girls’ keeps laughing though, because she definitely looks like a ghost now; her face all blank and eyes barely open. “You four are loud.”

“Are you sure we are just four?” Carolina makes a dry joke, sitting up to move her hands and arms strangely. “We might be more, we might be less…”

“You might be dumb,” Maria comments and Hannah just keeps laughing. The youngest shakes her head when Carolina hits her and sounds hurt when asking if it is her she is laughing at, but Hannah just keeps shaking her head and keeps laughing. She is tired and having so much fun for some reason.

“Ladies, I wanted to tell you something,” Emelia says with a groan, turning around in the sofa and yawning tiredly. The girls listen, even if Hannah calms down her laugh by just giggling and Maria laughs at the youngest, they say they listen. “In November, it will be our official five years anniversary. Now in April it is five years in Korea anniversary… But for the official anniversary, I wanted to release something.”

“A special track or something?”

“No… A photo book,” Emelia answers and carefully sits up with a pillow in her arms. “With my own taken pictures that we have gathered for the past years. Like … our journey book.”

“Oh that sounds good…” Carolina says in a dreamy way, liking the idea.

“I’m in on it as long as you only use great pictures of me,” Maria agrees, throwing her hair over her shoulder. “But then again, I get great on every picture.”

Emelia looks at her with no reaction, not saying anything at all. Emelia has been thinking a lot about it and since the girls have said they will celebrate big time this year for being in Korea for five years already, Emelia wanted to celebrate it 5P Style. It’s not fun if 5 Pieces will celebrate backstage or at home or with fans by making special performances because 5 Pieces performs a lot, so because a lot of fans keep wondering how Emelia’s pictures are like, she should make a photo book just with her pictures. To tell 5 Pieces’ story through pictures and a few simple sentences to describe it, that is what Emelia want to do. Hannah has her book, which is outside 5 Pieces, and that is the only thing about 5 Pieces where they don’t show themselves through music or acting or by voice, and Emelia simply love to take pictures of the crazy friends so it is about time their fans gets to enjoy it too.

“We should have pictures from our time in Sweden in the book,” Julia comments in a low voice.

“From our Europe fan meeting back in 2011,” Emelia agrees. “With [One and Only]. I got pictures from that time. I got a really great shot of Julia in the van when she is looking out the window when we were in Germany.”

“I barely remember that time,” Maria sighs, starting to stretch out her arms to the air tiredly. “All I remember is a bunch of fans, me holding back all the emotions and a week later we had gone through Europe with those fan meetings.”

“Me too,” Hannah agrees quietly. “We even performed in Sweden for the first time.”

Carolina smiles. “My whole family sat down to watch that.”

“That was the first time we met our European fans,” Emelia brings up in a little louder voice, in case the others would have said something at the same time. “Do you remember meeting the fans at the Swedish meeting and most of them spoke Swedish? It was so crazy to hear.”

“But at the concert last year it was insane,” Hannah mentions. “The whole street was filled with fans the day before the concert.”

“Oh, the police!” Maria is fast to comment, eyes shimmering and the girls laughs. Maria loves a man in uniform, especially the police. Police was everywhere during their time in Sweden and Maria kept eyeing them. Julia turns around to tell Maria it is good she didn’t have a “husband” at that time, and the girls laughs tiredly again.

“Happy birthday, Emelia,” Hannah giggles out of nowhere and Carolina starts to laugh.

“It’s not her birthday anymore,” Carolina comments

“We should sleep now,” Julia giggles. “Or we’ll spend the whole night laughing.”

“But I’m having fun,” Maria sighs. “Talking memories with the kids and elderly. Doesn’t that make you really appreciate things? If we go back six years ago, before all this, I wanted to go to Japan, remember; remember? To go on concerts and all that. But now, we are the ones having the concerts. I can clearly see myself being one of the fans who are excited to go on concert and see their idols… And I want to say this now while all of you are listening: there has been a lot of negativity with the media lately, and I haven’t really talked about it. Going to the club, our manager scolded us enough, but we are of the age where we can go to the club and it isn’t like we did anything wrong, right? You all agrees on that? It wasn’t very late either. Emelia commenting online have gotten a wild response too, and as the leader people expect me to make sure you don’t write just anything: but you know I love what you wrote.”

The captain’s speech makes the ladies nod, and Emelia quietly says ‘I know’ when being mentioned. Hannah isn’t laughing anymore, but she is smiling softly at the leader’s words.

“I will never say anything about that, because I would have wanted to write the same thing myself,” Maria continues a little proudly. “And our Korean fans are getting worried now with the rumours of 5 Pieces going worldwide or something; us leaving Korea for America. Because the five of us know that is totally insane; why would we ever do such a thing?”

“Expand to have activities outside Asia; yes, but not leave,” Carolina nods.

“Exactly. Korea is our home (duh, Sweden too), but you all know what I mean. Releasing songs in other countries doesn’t mean we are leaving… Okay, I don’t know what it means with us coming to Japan like this, but at least I’m enjoying and loving it… But the thing is; our fans don’t know it.”

“Their pure minds have been corrupted by media,” Carolina comments and gets a strange glance by Maria.

“Anyway, what we should focus on now is the Japan tour. We can’t help our worrying fans just yet, not until we know for sure about our second tour – but it will be soon, definitely, we can announce everyone about it, I can bet on it – so let us do our absolutely best to make our fans in Japan crazy and make them see the pieces of one that we are.”

“Can we do a cheer?” Julia quietly asks. “It feels like something we should do…”

“The Japanese cheer?” Carolina wonders, already getting ready with her hand in the middle. “Or the usual one?”

“We are in Japan, aren’t we?” Emelia answers with a question, getting up to put her hand on Carolina’s. The others join in.

“I’m not saying a speech,” Maria informs them when putting her hand over Hannah’s, the last hand.

“Fine,” Emelia sighs. “Ladies, challenges are made to be won over, and we have won over every challenge so far. This, I would say, is our challenge to take over Japan; 5P Style. Doing it together as 5 Pieces with our fans, we can do anything.”

“Because nothing is impossible,” Maria can’t help but to in, smiling widely when Emelia glares at her. Hannah is quietly just smiling at each member. This is 5 Pieces – five friends living a dream.

“3, 2, 1-” Emelia counts down before the group together cheers in Japanese; “Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go – 5 Pieces!”

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 06th: 5 Pieces’ Emelia Turns 21 + Sends A Video Message To Fans

Headline 06th: Hannah Congratulates Emelia On Twitter By Sharing An Old Picture Of Them

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

X. devonalias