Chapter 98

Youngest of Pieces: [WHO- I AM] (8)

 

“What…?” Hannah looks up at the manager with her eyes barely open, so tired after this amazing trip to New York.

“Your sister from Sweden is on the phone; she has tried to reach you but it was difficult to get a number,” Manager Park whispers to her and shows the cell phone in his hand. “She is on the phone now. Chun Ho said you should take the call.”

Her tired face looks gloomier when she takes the cell phone, sighing before she puts it to her ear; she removes the earphone when finding it in the way (she isn’t listening to music, she is just prepared for it). “Hannah speaking,” she whispers and holds the cell phone away to cough.

Wow, you sound so energetic.” It’s the oldest sister Julie, the one who earlier this summer called to ask for money and then lied to the media about it.

“What do you want?” Hannah mutters, fighting with her tired body to get up on her feet and she walks over to the wall on the left, getting as far away she can from the fans behind the glass on the right and from the others sitting in the chairs. Manager Park tells Emelia who is on the phone and Hannah can see how her friend is looking this way.

You are so damn rude, you know that?

“I’m rude? Who was the one calling after three years to ask for money, without even caring what I have been up to lately?”

Oh please, as if you performing for a small audience now and then is a big deal. Who cares? As a family, you shouldn’t have to talk to each other all the time, but you should help out a family member if they need it.

Hannah really doesn’t want to do this now. She doesn’t have the energy to talk or fight with her family. “Did you call to complain what a bad family we are or was it something you actually wanted?”

You’re such a b*tch.

“I’m hanging up now, Julie-”

No, don’t. I wanted to tell you something,” Julie mutters. Hannah blinks tiredly. It feels like she won’t even have the energy to hang up on her sister. “I wanted to say what a disappointment you are, for making mom so upset – yes, she is very upset at you.

Hannah wants to say she doesn’t care, but she thinks she is actually about to fall asleep to her sister’s voice.

And even if we have really showed support to you, you just put a lot of hate in our direction and that is not very nice of you when we do all these things for you,” Julie continues. Hannah has no idea of what she is talking about, not thinking her family has done anything for Hannah in many years, but she won’t open to say against her. “What mom would want to say is that you have now no family or home to come back to anymore; she do not want to see you by the house again, until you have apologized for your rudeness.

“Is that all?”

What do you mean that’s all? Don’t you care? You should apologize and know that you did wrong!

“I didn’t do anything wrong!” Hannah hisses, glaring at Emelia coming up to her, but in fact she wants to glare at her sister. “I haven’t been welcomed home for five years, what difference does it make this time?”

“Don’t strain your voice,” Emelia whispers for her, hearing how Hannah’s voice disappears when she hisses at her sister.

Her sister gets angry on the line too, Hannah only hearing half of the things she says. Emelia is blocking the fans view, standing close to Hannah and trying to hear what Julie is shouting over the line, and then looks over her shoulder when their manager says they can board now.

“Not because you care, Julie, but I am about to board the plane in New York. And I haven’t performed for a small audience; if you check the TV you might see what I actually do. Don’t call again if you are just going to complain because I don’t have the time or energy to waste on people that call themselves my family when they don’t even care about me,” Hannah says in her unhappy, tired hoarse voice before hanging up.

Emelia makes a face when seeing Hannah’s face-expression, putting an arm around her to guide her to the others, to take their things and board the plane. On the way she tells Hannah in a low voice that she shouldn’t think so much about it, and Hannah is sure she won’t.

But after boarding the plane, sitting next to Emelia, Hannah begins to quietly cry in her hands and in her sleeves.

Her sister is completely gone in her head. Who is she to tell these things to Hannah? That she isn’t welcomed in the house? Hannah hasn’t been welcomed since five years ago when she first ran away to go with 5 Pieces to South Korea, and it has never been good since. Her sister has only showed up a few times during all these years, too busy with her own issues to sleep during the day and be awake for eight hours before sleeping again. Her family even sold Hannah’s things and removed everything from the house without even telling Hannah, and she is the one who should apologize? Her own mother called her a !

That family has the worst timing. Right before a concert her mother calls, and then now her sister calls at the end of the New York trip to ruin the whole flight of 20 hours back to Korea.

Through the whole flight, Hannah is in a bad mood. She can’t focus. She tries to sleep but ends up just spacing out the window, and she knows she will have to talk to the psychologist about this on their next meeting – which she then has to check on the schedule when it is; Thursday. It’s a long flight, and eventually she falls asleep, getting two hours of sleep before she wakes up by Carolina shaking her shoulder.

“If I get some cake, do you want to share it with me? Oppa won’t let me eat a whole one myself,” Carolina begs.

It doesn’t help Hannah’s mood. She shakes her head and returns to her music, spacing out the window anew. Worrying, that is what she does, worrying about her hoarse voice because when they land in Korea she will go to the drama filming almost right away and how is she supposed to act if she can’t even get a word out ?

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

Hannah is asleep in the van, heading to the filming set now when she has landed in Korea. She has taken a separately car than the ladies who are going to the apartment, and Hannah goes to get her hair and make-up done before going to the set. She sleeps most of the time, or keeps her eyes closed.

“You should sleep on the flight later, I don’t think you got much sleep on the way home,” Manager Lee says. He came to pick her up, and he has glanced at her ever since, noticing how tired she is and fully aware of her hoarse voice. He stood ready with medicine for in his hand when she came to the car, and though it helps it doesn’t recover her voice enough.

Hannah groans for answer.

5 Pieces is heading to Pakistan later, which is why Hannah’s filming takes turn so early on Sunday morning right after landing from New York. They have come out with a commercial for Samsung, which is for all Asia and Europe, and to help promote both 5 Pieces and Samsung together, they have decided for events all around the world. Today they will be in Pakistan – Karachi – and in this upcoming week they will go to Greece and Poland. In between that; Hannah will film her drama, Emelia will promote her single in Japan and Maria will prepare her solo comeback.

Busy ladies, indeed.

“You surely must be busy,” Shin Minah seems surprised when seeing Hannah; the tired blonde girl who is not in the best shape today.

“I’m sorry,” Hannah apologizes before hiding a yawn. She can not remember when she was this tired last time. And her voice does not make it easier. Because of her voice they need to retake the few scenes too many times, and her manager in the end is restlessly looking at his watch.

When the final scene for Hannah is finally done, she apologizes for letting everyone work so hard with her manager dragging her arm, taking her to the car.

“You don’t have time to go to the apartment; we are heading straight to the airport,” Manager Lee sighs. He is happy he brought his bag with him.

Hannah doesn’t care to complain or whine about it, she is actually longing to sit on the flight where she can have time to sleep – which is weird because the flight from New York was really long and annoying for her. She almost falls asleep in the car too, but a few minutes’ later Jonghyun texts her and the cell phone keeps her awake.

“How is my voice now?” Hannah whispers, glancing at her manager and she coughs when she wants to sigh, seeing his face-expression.

“Maybe you need stronger medicine,” is all he comments. Hannah wants to whine, she wants to cry. They are going to perform [Daze] in Pakistan, and her voice won’t even let her whisper.

“I need a shower,” Hannah whispers. She looks really good with the hair and make-up from the filming, but she does not feel good and she hasn’t taken a real shower since two days ago when they were in New York.

“You can take a shower when we arrive in Pakistan; you all will get ready at a hotel there near where the event will take place,” Manager Lee answer. “I have never been there actually.”

It’s 5 Pieces first time visiting Pakistan as well.

During the drive to the airport, Hannah looks through some fan-cams taken during 5 Pieces’ time in New York; a minute long video of 5 Pieces leaving the hotel or going from a schedule to the car, a five minute long video of 5 Pieces during an outdoor performance in New York, then there are brief videos taken from the hotel. Even videos from when Maria and Hannah went to the restaurant, of the ladies when they came back to the hotel after the party… Rather than focusing on the videos, Hannah is curious about the comments.

- “Jeez Hannah’s voice when they came back to the hotel, you can notice from video to video how her voice just went down from bad to worse.”

- “Really 5P is one of a kind when it comes to treating fans. Half their trip was promotions through interviews and performances; the other half was spent just getting close to their fans… Really wished I was there! 5P seem so close to their fans in NY”

- “OMG when Maria and Hannah just went up to you guys and casually talked I was just O_O It’s easy to notice a difference how fans just relax there and let 5P come forward instead of pushing and creating too much chaos (outdoor, that is chaos indeed)”

- “5 Pieces are so nice! They all spoke and smiled to their fans, all from in the middle of the day being outside in the crowds to in the middle of the night when coming back to the hotel all exhausted… But I’m curious; is Hannah’s voice really that husky? She sounds so damn y there…”

- “Haha! The ladies recognized paps because he is everywhere! Love his videos! Maria looks really surprised when hearing his voice, their reactions are hilarious xD”

- “A warm-hearted Emelia… Who knew ;)”

- “I screamed each time they waved and smiled…”

- “Were they working all the time? They looked exhausted in the videos I have seen…”

Answer on the one above - “I was at the hotel, and Hannah arrived two days before the others. Not sure if she did a photo shoot or something, but when the others came I don’t think they had much time to spare. We saw Emelia and Julia run out in the middle of the night (exploring, they said) and then they had been at a party having fun the last night, which I think is why they looked so tired going back to Korea the next day ^^,”

- “Always so stunningly beautiful. 5 Pieces look like Americans, because of their skin, but they are so beautiful that they stand out all the time. Really beautiful!”

- “For someone who was there, I must say 5 Pieces was well aware of our presence like ALL THE TIME. They would say hi to us and sign autographs and they talked really friendly to us as well. My friend was the one giving Hannah the present in the video and Hannah was super sweet, even giving her a hug! My friend said she was never going to take off those clothes xD And Maria, she looked like a super model!!! So pretty”

Answer on the one above - “The cap was the gift your friend gave Hannah? She wore it at the airport too!”

Hannah has the cap in her bag. In the videos, her voice sounds pretty okay; at least she thinks so when listening to it now. When arriving at the airport her members are already there, smelling really nice from taking showers in the apartment and Hannah just want to wrap her arms around each girl to breathe in the smell of something clean. One thing that Hannah often likes with her members is the talking. They can talk nonstop if they feel like it, but then be all quiet if they so want. Just now when boarding the plane, Hannah doesn’t have to open a single time when listening to Maria talking about little this and that.

They will just be in Pakistan for the Samsung event before they will head back to Korea; Hannah has after all her drama filming tomorrow, and Emelia has solo promotions in Japan and the other ladies will promote their new drama there too – Hannah won’t go, she has been told, because of the drama filming. But now it is time for 5 Pieces to go to Pakistan, their first time there.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 17th: Swedish Pop Icons Paralyzes New York

Headline 17th: ‘We Got Married’ Reveals Hyunsuk & Maria On Set For Couple Photo Shoot

Headline 17th: Julia Uploads Picture On Instagram Going From New York To Los Angeles To Seoul

 

Headline 18th: Carolina & Julia Makes Swedish Dinner For ‘Barefoot Friends’ In Today’s Episode

Headline 18th: Tonight’s ‘Barefoot Friends’ Reveals 5 Pieces Impressive Apartment + 5 Pieces’ Kitchen!

Headline 18th: Carolina Calls Out For Dumb Hyung Kyuhyun?

Headline 18th: Pakistan Makes A Surprise To Welcome 5 Pieces’ First Visit

Headline 18th: 5 Pieces Promotes Samsung In Pakistan

 

Headline 19th: ‘Joe’ Is Breaking Records In South Korea As Best Selling Fantasy Book

Headline 19th: Julia Keeps Fans Excited With Pictures Of 5 Pieces In Pakistan & Japan

Headline 19th: 5 Pieces Promotes New Drama In Japan Without Hannah

 

Headline 20th: 5 Pieces’ Japanese Mini-Drama Airs First Episode With Impressive Viewing Ratings

Headline 20th: [Knockout] Full PV Released Through ‘Run Out’ Drama

 

Headline 21st: 5 Pieces Astonishes Greece & Poland With Their Appearances For Samsung Events

Headline 21st: Julia Looks Tired For The Camera Leaving The Sixth Country In Five Days

Headline 21st: Fans Worried About 5 Pieces’ Heavy Schedules

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

“What does it mean?” Hannah asks; her voice still hoarse after these couple of rough days on the flights back and forth, but much better than earlier this week. She is leaning to the side to look at Julia’s cell phone where she is proudly showing her most recent picture on Instagram that she still is a new user to.

“What does- What it means? ‘Six countries in five days, I look a little tired now’, what could it possibly mean?” Julia is confused by the question. “Even the article understands it.”

Julia had uploaded a picture of herself looking tired when the ladies were heading back to Korea after being in Poland for just a few hours. She had written ‘six countries in five days’, which makes Hannah confused while Julia finds it so obvious. Even in the article it was written that 5 Pieces had been in America, Pakistan, Greece, Poland, Japan and Korea in five days (well, in one way Hannah has only been in five countries as she didn’t come along to Japan). While fans are astonished by the amount of countries and asking how 5 Pieces can do something like that, the ladies have it hard to realise that it has just been five days since they were in New York.

The youngest is sitting tiredly in the sofa with Ryo in her arms, hugging the puppy like a pillow in her arms that she has missed for over a week, and Julia had brightly sat down next to her to show the article about her picture and then she had to show her Instagram just because of Hannah’s lack of reaction. The TV is on, airing some American criminal series that is keeping Maria awake; the leader is sitting on the floor in front of the TV with food in and Ace calmly playing with the end of the quilt she has wrapped around her. Carolina is in the office; she slept the whole flight and is now working on some ideas she hasn’t been able to work on during their schedule.

They have come home to the apartment, coming straight from the airport. Emelia has already gone to bed as she is heading to Japan in the morning, and Hannah has brushed her teeth and done everything to prepare for the bed; the only thing Hannah hasn’t done is to actually go to bed. She has missed their pets during the schedule, and since she is going to film the drama and has the meeting with her psychologist tomorrow, Hannah really wants to spend some time with them now – which she has been doing for the latest hour.

 

“Do you know why she said this?” Julia asks and shoves her cell phone up in Hannah’s face anew, this time revealing an article from some days ago where Carolina apparently had called Super Junior’s Kyuhyun for Dumb Hyung.

“No…” Hannah wants to sleep.

“It was aired on Barefoot Friends, you know that time we filmed in the apartment with Kang Ho Dong,” Julia starts explaining right away, “and Carolina told a story where Kyuhyun had said that some ingredient was really delicious and worked with everything, but when Carolina tried it, it was like the spiciest thing ever that not even Koreans like if you use too much. She is so stupid at times but she had told the story and said she calls Kyuhyun for Dumb Hyung at times.”

“But he’s not her Hyung,” Maria answers. She had shown no sign of listening but even the diva can surprise you some times. Hannah is just too tired to realise that she was saying Hyung instead of Oppa, which girls calls the older guys while Hyung is what guys call their older guy friends.

“Exactly; Ho Dong and the others commented on that too, and Carolina said it was some members of Super Junior that wanted us to call them Hyung instead of Oppa.”

“When did they do that?” Hannah quietly wonders.

Julia shrugs her shoulders, but she looks very happy. None of them think Super Junior has ever said that, but it did get attention from fans and the media for that moment; Hannah doesn’t even think the members of Super Junior have noticed Carolina said it, or they don’t care about it.

“Do we have any milk?” Maria out of nowhere asks them, looking over her shoulder at them, still chewing the food in . “It would taste good to this.”

“Go get some then,” Julia answers, “Our fridge is never empty on milk.”

Maria gives her a glare. “You have gotten quite an attitude since your solo promotions, you know that?” Maria complains, but she shows no sign of that she will get up to get the milk. “Hannah?”

With a whine, Hannah says she is so tired, and Maria mutters something when turning away to ignore them. Hannah smiles softly to the smiling Julia.

“I’m going to show Carolina this,” Julia then says and leaves with her cell phone, heading to the offices.

“I should go to bed,” Hannah tells herself quietly, pouting down at Ryo. “Will you keep me company, Ryo?” She sighs and wonders if she should get upstairs, but her body just doesn’t want to move. Hannah is tired, she wants to sleep but she has no energy to go to bed. She can’t even remember why she came downstairs to begin with – oh, right, she do remembers. Hannah gets up from the sofa, leaving Ryo there as she heads inside the kitchen to get some water and milk; returning to the living-room she gives the milk to Maria before taking a seat with the water.

“Oh my god, thank you Hannah! I knew I could believe in you,” Maria shines up brightly, overdoing how thankful she is. “Oh my dear milk… I have dreamed of you for three minutes already.”

Hannah rolls her eyes, sitting with Ryo in her arms again. She has picked up her cell phone that she now realise Julia had been sitting on before, and she sees there is a text message waiting to be read. A frown appears in her forehead when she reads it. “Maria… Could you explain what this means?”

She reaches out the cell phone as far as she can reach for Maria to read, and Maria is leaning back, making her eyes small to read the text message from Jonghyun. At first, Maria is frowning too, then she smiles and then she shrugs her shoulders. “Did he order something for you, maybe?”

Hannah shrugs her shoulders, not having a clue about what the message means. Jonghyun has been in Japan, and he texted her when he landed in Korea now in the middle of the night and wrote he looks forward to get some hours of good sleep for tomorrow’s schedule, but now he has texted that it is a package outside 5 Pieces’ apartment waiting for her. Hannah is confused and she is just about to ask Maria what she should write in response when it rings on the doorbell.

“I’LL GET IT!” Carolina roars and her feet are heard running like horses, rushing from the offices to the hall and they all can hear how she groans when running in the door as she again forgets to stop in time. Julia is playing some of the music Carolina has been working on and the TV is just showing some action scene that Hannah and Maria can’t hear who is coming.

“Maybe it’s the delivery guy,” Maria suggests to Hannah, her face-expression kind of expecting some expensive gift for Hannah. Hannah grimaces though, leaning her head to the side to see out the living-room when Carolina hurries back inside her office. “Or a prank,” Maria adds when hearing Carolina being back in the office, as no one seems to have come.

Hannah got no idea of what it was; maybe it was Carolina who had ordered something. She writes a text message to Jonghyun, asking what he means with that, but before sending it she glances up to see that someone is walking out from the hall, and all of a sudden she is smiling. Ryo rolls around in her arms, waving his tail happily and somehow Hannah thinks that is about the same reaction Hannah is showing.

“Hello gorgeous,” Jonghyun says with a dazzling smile, walking right up to Hannah. When he leans down to kiss her forehead the scent of him just blows against her and her eyelids flutter, breathing him in. Jonghyun leans back, smiling at Maria who is looking over her shoulder at them, smiling brightly and Hannah is just stunned when looking at him. He looks great in the blonde hair, his face is shining and his fingers traces along her arm while he looks briefly at Maria.

“What are you doing here?” Hannah asks, keeping her eyes big on him when he squats down in front of her to greet Ryo too; Ryo is still lying in Hannah’s arms, but his tail keeps waving brightly to be greeted.

“I came to see you,” Jonghyun answers and a pair of soft eyes meets hers. Oh my…

He smiles when seeing how speechless she is. It is a good reaction, Jonghyun thinks. She looks pale and tired, which he doesn’t like.

“I wanted to make sure you sleep,” Jonghyun adds and stands up, reaching out his hand for her. “Let’s go to bed.”

His offer makes Hannah glance at Maria; the leader is smiling at the TV. Hannah then takes his hand, letting Ryo down on the floor when letting Jonghyun lead her out from the living-room. He is the one putting her in a daze. Hannah got no idea of how he came here, when she is pretty sure he wrote in his text that he was going to get a good night sleep. Her whole body gets warm when he links their fingers together; grabbing the bag he had left by the stairs before leading her up a floor, leading her inside her bedroom with Ryo following around their feet. But Hannah is too tired for . She would probably not turn him down, but her whole body and mind is exhausted after this week that she could probably sleep for twenty hours with no problem (okay, maybe not twenty, but at least twelve hours); she looks probably terrified when she looks after him clearing her bed. What should she do?

Jonghyun removes her jacket and packed bag from the quilt, putting it down next to the bed in no hurry at all and she is taking all of him in when he does that. Hannah is really in a daze, just staring at him, seeing how he flips his hair after he has reached over the bed and is standing straight again. She is in a shock that he is there. Jonghyun turns to her, and he is smiling when seeing her eyes on him.

“How’s your voice?” he asks in a low voice, stepping close enough for her to feel his body brush against hers. He puts his hands on her elbows, and Hannah’s heartbeat is changing by the touch. His voice is soft and caring, really y. None of them seem to care that Ryo has jumped up on the bed, lying in the middle of it.

“Better,” she whispers. Her hoarse voice is not the issue now; for some reason she is nervous. Super nervous. Hannah isn’t really sure if she is breathing correctly or not, she takes a hold of his sleeves to keep her self steady, taking a deep breath without looking away from his gaze.

Jonghyun smiles softly again, and with his eyes glancing from her eyes to her lips, Hannah just knows what he is going to do. She blinks when he leans in closer, and closes her eyes when his lips touch hers for a kiss. She relaxes right away, her fingers spreads out over his lower arm and her body softens up. Jonghyun smiles against her lips, and then kisses her again before turning them around.

“I like your pants,” he whispers, still being close to her when looking down at the blue polka dot pyjama pants.

She flushes right away, looking down while biting her lips. “All the members got different colours… from our fans,” she shyly answers. If she had known he was coming, she would choose something else; not pyjama pants and a huge sweater. She looks fat in this.

“What will you sleep in?” Jonghyun wonders, tugging at the end of her sweater. Even he understands she will sweat if she wears this in the bedroom.

“I have a tank top underneath…”

“Good,” Jonghyun murmurs the second before he pulls up the sweater over her head. Hannah’s arms just goes up in the air by the move, to tired to do anything, and she blinks up at him with tired blue-green eyes when her arms have fallen back down on her sides, now standing in a black tank top and pyjama pants. Jonghyun smiles at her, throwing the sweater to the end of the bed before placing his hands on her cheeks. “You seem nervous.”

“I’m tired,” Hannah whispers, barely finding her voice. Her body is burning from his touch, and the glint in his eyes lets her know he is fully aware of that he is the reason to it. She can’t stop blushing. Why is she reacting like this to him? It’s not the first time, right?

“I know you’re tired,” Jonghyun answers and places a soft kiss on her burning cheek when he removes his left hand, then he does the same to her other cheek. “Lie down – I’m going to brush my teeth.”

Hannah watches him head inside the bathroom, closing the door after him and she sits down on the bed. She pouts, not knowing what to do. She glances at her bed, then at the bathroom’s door.

With a new pout she turns on the lamp on her bedside table, placing her cell phone there before she takes off her pyjama pants, walks over to the door to turn off the ceiling lamp, also to keep the door open slightly in case Ryo wants to leave and then she crawls in under the quilt, making sure she has the alarm set right before putting it away and she lies down closest to the wall, waiting, glancing towards the bathroom and at Ryo who is stretching out towards her legs. Her body is cold now when he has gone inside another room. It’s almost that she wishes she was still wearing the sweater.

Humming to a song, Jonghyun comes back inside the bedroom. He has taken off his shirt, still wearing pants and Hannah is scanning his trained body. Will she ever get tired of that? No way

“Have your sister tried to contact you again?” Jonghyun wonders when sitting down on the bed, taking his socks off, aware of Hannah lying there on her side, looking at him.

“Not since we left New York.”

She had told him about Julie’s call just the other day when she had called him on the way to the airport going to Greece. She didn’t want to try explain through a text message and had for that waited for the right moment to call him and get to talk it through. He asks her something but right after that question he stands up and visibly for her s his jeans and begins to take them off, and when she doesn’t answer he smiles seeing her looking at him.

“I have missed you too, Hannah,” Jonghyun chuckles and kicks the pants off ungracefully before falling forward in bed, smiling at Hannah who giggles as his head falls on her arm. Ryo waves his tail, but he stays where he is, maybe hoping their attention will turn towards him.

“You can’t expect me to talk when you are pulling on a show for me,” Hannah answers and rolls around on her back to embrace Jonghyun with her arms, pulling him up to kiss him. She is tired, but who can really deny Jonghyun?

“Me? Pulling on a show?” he plays innocent, shaking his head for her. “I got no idea of what you are talking about, Nabi.”

He can’t stop smiling when she giggles. Jonghyun gives several small pecks on her shoulder and buries his face in her neck before lying down next to her, smiling softly at her when putting his arm under her head and they have Ryo lying between their legs.

“You should get some sleep,” Jonghyun whispers to her, removing a lock of her hair from her face with his other hand, “I don’t like seeing you this tired.”

Sleep?

“Don’t look so surprised,” he laughs when seeing Hannah’s confused face-expression. He leans closer to kiss her cheek. “You are too easy to read when you are tired, Nabi. I came to sleep next to you, not to take advantage of you when you’re tired. Sleep.”

He turns around on his back to turn off the lamp before he lies to look at her, they both adjusting to the dark to see each other’s silhouettes in the dark bedroom. Hannah smiles on the inside. He is too perfect to be real. She kisses him on the arm she is resting her head on, closing her eyes when putting her arm around his body to get closer, their legs are too far away from each other because of Ryo, but somehow they make it work.

 

It is the best night of sleep Hannah has gotten in over a week. She sleeps hard all until her alarm sets off, and even if she didn’t get those twelve hours of sleep that she felt she could take, she surely is more rested than she would’ve been if she slept alone. She is lying on her stomach facing the wall, and only when the alarm is turned off without her moving and Jonghyun leaning over her back to snuggle his face in her hair she realises that it was not the alarm that woke her up though it was the first thing she heard when waking up – Jonghyun had been sleeping in the same position he is in now, and when he leaned away to turn off the alarm she felt how empty it got, waking up.

She closes her eyes when his hand glides around her waist, follows her arm lying in front of her face and he entwines their fingers together, and he kisses her on the cheek softly.

“You set your alarm too early,” he murmurs against her cheek, hugging her against his chest. It feels good.

Hannah leans her head back, eyes still closed when agreeing with him and Jonghyun smiles as he moves his body so Hannah lies down on her back. She blinks when trying to open her eyes, smiling shyly at Jonghyun who leans over her again, kissing her on her shoulder. He pulls the quilt up a little above his shoulders to keep them warm, smiling down at Hannah, making her smile too because they both have newly woken up but yet he looks so at ease when looking at her.

“I slept very well,” Jonghyun mentions out of the blue, kissing her on her chin. “You must have cast a spell on me, Nabi.”

She giggles at his words, not knowing how else to react. “I slept very well too,” she answers and bites her lip when smiling up at him. “I’m very happy you’re here.”

The smile on his face is shining, and they are looking at each other like a pair of newly woken fools.

 

Hannah’s morning was spent in bed. She and Jonghyun was lying there, talking and enjoying each other’s presence in the calmness all until Jonghyun had to hurry get dressed and leave for his schedule. Hannah went to the drama set to work too.

At the moment she is at Incheon Airport to film her very first appearance in the whole drama. Wearing high heels and fitting skirt, blouse and jacket she feels very business-like, and she is more awake than she has been for a whole week it feels like. It is a good feeling. Again the hardest part with her character is how she is supposed to wear this and be comfortable; she has to love being in her body, walk like she owns the place – like Maria is good at.

The tall and handsome Kim Jaejoong is there with her, smiling when watching Hannah walk back and forth to get used to the high heels and practice her walk for the filming. Fans are on a distance to not interrupt filming, but now when they aren’t filming they are loud between the minutes, both for Hannah and for Jaejoong.

“Are you taking on the catwalk?” Jaejoong jokes with Hannah, still watching her walk back and forth with an amused smile.

Hannah sighs for answer, stopping with her hands on her hips and she pouts at her senior and co-worker. “It’s not good,” she mutters. Walking is not Hannah’s strong point.

“It looks good,” Jaejoong assures her, “It’s just fun how you keep practicing when you don’t need it.”

It’s not just the walk that worries Hannah. It isn’t in fact much about the walk at all; it is more about the scene they will film. After her dramatic appearance coming out from the gate, she will see her “husband” and become the more playful girl who runs into his arms, repeat; run into his arms. That is what Hannah worries about. She is supposed to run in Jaejoong’s arms. She has this worry kept for herself, letting everyone believe she is worried about the dramatic appearance so she still can show how nervous she is.

Starting to film, it is actually the easier part where Hannah makes her dramatic appearance. She just have to walk out, looking confident and y, showing off her legs in the skirt and high heels, showing of her s-line in the fitting outfit and her hair is long and wavy. She isn’t wearing any hair-extensions, as this character is supposed to be natural and y. Not even heavy make-up though it is a clear style to make her look as good as possible. She looks very pretty.

But the moment the other part is being filmed, Hannah is freaking out. She begins to giggle when the director explains the scene for her and Jaejoong, and Jaejoong seem to imitate her giggling when he lightly hits her arm – she notices it is for the fans watching from a distance because they are shouting loudly by the simple skin ship.

“Just run as good as you can in those heels in to Jaejoong’s arms, alright? He’s a strong man,” the producer tells Hannah when guiding her to where she will stand.

It does feel good that everyone believes in each other when filming. Jaejoong is funny and the director has his comments. It isn’t just the words but more the way he says it, “he’s a strong man” as if Hannah should just run right into him – that is by the way what he wants her to do, as he means Jaejoong can handle it. Hannah has a different opinion; Koreans are small, most Asians are that, it is a fact. Not tiny, tiny, but still small somehow and that has always been an issue for Hannah because of her weight as she can weight the same as another female idol but still look bigger – in the end Hannah stopped caring to not hurt herself – and the idea to run into the arms of the skinny yet trained Jaejoong makes her think she might break his leg or something.

Rehearsing the scene, Hannah bursts out laughing out of embarrassment when running towards Jaejoong in the high heels. She is supposed to look really happy to see him but she isn’t really sure how to run in the really high heels and look good for the camera and have this excitement because her character is supposed to be really happy to see her husband after working apart for a few months.

Hannah’s character has been working in America; this is her first appearance in the actual drama when it airs, so Hannah’s character moves to her husband in Korea and begins working as a secret agent in the same place Jaejoong works in (her husband). The things they filmed in New York was the first time they met, a look back in time a few years where they worked in different countries but kind of had the same mission and met at a bar where Hannah’s character was undercover as a performer (she performed [I Love Rock ‘n Roll]) ily enchanting the man at the bar who was the mission and Jaejoong was at the bar, taking notice of her and she noticed him while they both did their mission. They had met collided when finishing the mission and knowing each other’s secret (being agents) they were apparently more attracted to each other and a few days later in the story they had gotten married.

“Maybe I should run to you instead?” Jaejoong jokes as Hannah can’t even run up to him without doing something wrong. It is a good thing they are rehearsing. Hannah laughs when Jaejoong jokingly runs up to her, and she pushes him on the arm for him to go back so she can rehearse again, this time reaching up to him but not sure how to run into his arms.

“Oh my gosh!” Hannah sighs in frustration, then apologizing to Jaejoong who just smiles at every mistake she does.

Is she doing worse because she has to hug him? It’s Kim Jaejoong! Five years ago she saw him as one of the five angels in DBSK who was the source to why 5 Pieces went to Korea to begin with, and now she is acting in drama with him; as his wife!

The director stays next to them, going through the hug. Hannah will try to run in Jaejoong’s arms and he will take a turn with her. It’s funny because the director shows Hannah what to do; he takes her place. Jaejoong looks like he is going to fall with the director in his arms, but Hannah appreciate what they both do to show her that Jaejoong can handle it and all thanks to that, it does go better.

It is time for the actual filming of the scene. Fans are finally quiet and Hannah does as she did at the final rehearsal; running to Jaejoong. Cameras are focused and follow her and she is well aware of that they will do this over and over again in different angles to create a great scene for the drama. The first time Hannah runs up to Jaejoong she puts her hands on his shoulders and halts a stop, bursting out in laughter and apologizes when jogging back in her high heels to start all over again. The staff laughs at how quick she is to do it again; noticing how eager she is to manage this scene.

Fans keep screaming between the shoots, understanding clearly what they are going to do. The first time Hannah makes right, getting in Jaejoong’s arms and he twirls them around one time, fans ruins the shoot by giving a sudden shout. Well, Hannah can slightly understand them; it was a really good take with them being into their characters. Too bad it is useless because of the shouting.

 

Finishing filming at Incheon Airport, they head back to Seoul to keep filming. Before leaving the airport, Jaejoong had given some fan-service by doing the exact same thing others from the cast have done around Hannah; dancing randomly to 5 Pieces’ song [Daze]. Hannah smiled and danced with him, then politely told him he dances great and bowed. She doesn’t forget the reality of who he is.

Hannah can breathe when they are on the road, sitting in the car with Manager Lee with bags and boxes of clothes, shoes, make-up, some food and whatnot. Hannah had changed clothes in the bathroom at the airport, to not have to sit in the car for an hour in her sponsored clothes for the drama and instead wear cropped sweatpants, a t-shirt and sneakers – Much more comfortable than the high heels and tight outfit.

They have gone quiet since they got out on the road; Hannah is writing texts messages in between she is going through the script, quietly practicing her lines by herself while Manager Lee is listening to music on the radio. For a long time they sit like that, almost reaching the city when Manager Lee’s cell phone rings and he turns off the music to answer. Hannah can hear him talk; the change of the sound in the car interrupts her focus on the practicing. She yawns in the backseat where she has spread out her things over the bags next to her.

“Hannah,” Manager Lee says when holding his cell phone out to her, “its Chun Ho Hyung.”

Hannah takes the cell phone and presses for the loudspeaker to not have to hold the cell phone to her ear. “Hannah speaking,” she says in a low voice. Her voice is still hoarse, so when she isn’t filming or a spokesperson (in front of public) she tries to save her voice.

Hannah, it’s Chun Ho,” Manager Lim answers in a serious tone, “I was told you will meet the psychologist for a meeting in the evening, is that correct?

“You couldn’t ask Ji Young Oppa that?” Hannah wonders, still looking through her lines so she is a little distracted.

You know your schedule almost better than him, you know that. I wanted to know if you will come to SM’s building before 19:00,” Manager Lim talks.

“I don’t know… They say the filming might end around 20:30, why?”

Don’t get mad now, alright? It was the agency and MTV sorting it out,” Manager Lim starts to say with his voice nervous and Hannah starts frowning at that. It is not a good sign.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 22nd: EM Sells Out Her Single In Japan + Talks About Her Music Style

Headline 22nd: 5 Pieces’ Hannah & JYJ’s Jaejoong Seen Filming For New Korean Drama

Headline 22nd: ‘Life of Pieces’ Episode 5 Airs With Highest Ratings So Far

Headline 22nd: Viewers Shocked To See The Truth About Hannah’s Family Issues Air On ‘Life of Pieces’

Headline 22nd: 5 Pieces Announces Through ‘Life of Pieces’ Maria’s Solo Comeback In September!

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

X. devonalias