Chapter 65

Youngest of Pieces: [WHO- I AM] (8)

 

It’s raining on Friday in Tokyo. The ladies are filming for the drama most of the day; Julia then heads to Korea to perform on Music Bank and the other ladies do a little this and that. Though Hannah’s schedule has ended for the day she decides to change clothes and go with Julia who has some left to film.

When planning the drama, it was decided for the girls to do a kissing scene, more or less a kissing scene it all depends on how you see it. After playing a game it was decided to be Maria, the one whose love-interest is Haruma Miura (actor, born 1990) and he is playing the older student friend, the two of them who has kind of hidden their interest for each other from the other ladies in the drama. Their scene isn’t much of a kissing scene according to Hannah, it is more that Haruma gives her a peck on her cheek, but it is only Hannah who before has done any intimate scenes in previous dramas so she is going to be there as support. The other ladies were banned from the set – Emelia would love to make fun of Maria during the scene and Carolina would just be sitting there and giggle – but Maria wanted Hannah there as moral support.

Hannah is sitting on the side of the set, wearing a wave pattern pointelle knit top in white, a pair of old blue distressed skinny jeans and a pair of simple black-canvas slip-ons. She sits there on the side on a chair, just being a viewer from the side, smiling and talking to the crew when they walk by her or to those that are working next to her.

“Don’t you have other things to do?” the director laughs when making his entrance, looking surprised to see Hannah there as she earlier said ‘see you tomorrow’.

“I thought you would get bored if you didn’t see my face until tomorrow, so I stayed,” Hannah cutely tells him, speaking Japanese of course, and she smiles when he laughs again at her.

“It’s always a blessing to see your pretty face, Hannah,” he tells her when stepping up to some in the crew, talking to them to make sure they know what to do before he speaks to Hannah again from a distance. “I guess you are here to supervise?”

She doesn’t answer right away, just because she doesn’t know what ‘supervise’ means, but the Japanese men really don’t care about that as long as she smiles. “I guess I am.”

“Okay baby, any final advice?” Maria pops up in front of Hannah from nowhere, speaking Swedish just for no one else to understand. She looks nervous.

“I thought he was going to kiss you, not vice versa,” Hannah says, pointing a finger randomly in the air.

“Yeah, but I need to be good too, right? I have checked my breath, my teeth – I have also made sure he is taller than me-”

“Maria… you don’t decide his height…”

“I know! But he is taller than me so it will look good. And he is handsome. What more do I need?”

Hannah smiles, Maria’s excitement is hitting her too. Maria is going to kiss Haruma Miura! Hannah still remembers in 2007 when he was in the movie Koizora and Maria spent weeks talking about how hot he was with blonde hair. Her reaction when finding out he will be in their drama now – more her reaction when she found out he will play HER love-interest – was for days and Hannah actually got a bruise on her arm afterwards.

When her co-star comes on set, both of them are awkward. Haruma is laughing and joking, and Hannah knows he is just trying to make the mood better, especially as he is well aware of that the ladies in 5 Pieces are not actresses. When they are going to practice the scene, Hannah gives Maria a positive thumbs-up, as if telling her it will go okay. Maria looks excited, not nervous at all, and she even jokes along to the others, even proudly saying that she has never acted out a kiss before. Hannah is really first class at a movie; just watching them practice is hilarious because whenever Haruma gets close to Maria’s face she looks like she is going to burst out in joy.

“Is it bad if I admit I enjoy this?” Maria jokes with them all in Japanese, making Haruma both laugh and blush.

Maria can’t stop smiling, and Hannah can’t stop feeling proud over how well she is doing.

“Always so straightforward,” Hannah give a smile at her friend who happily comes over to the side where Hannah is sitting before they will do the actual filming; Maria will just get a touch on her make-up.

“It’s my charm, don’t you think? And it helps me from freaking out,” Maria answers with her huge eyes.

“Breathe slowly,” Hannah reminds her and Maria starts doing it right away, loudly. “And just close your eyes; don’t move.”

Maria nods, trying to remember it as she has been directed during practice. “Close my eyes before he gets too close?”

“Yes.”

“Alright. I’ll be the girl,” Maria nods and gives a cute smile before walking back to her position, finally looking nervous.

Hannah is quietly sitting there with her cell phone, biting her lip with a smile, wanting to capture the moment of this important scene. She is forgotten for the crew as everyone is focusing on filming, and Hannah smiles each time they have to re-do it and when they do it from different angles. The best part is that the kiss on the cheek has been changed to a kiss on the corner of the mouth; the director loves it. Maria looks pretty with her eyes closed and expectation in her face whenever Haruma places his lips on the corner of . Hannah seems to enjoy it as a viewer just as much as Maria enjoys it as the person receiving the kiss. She takes picture after picture, not getting satisfied until she has gotten a really good picture. She has to show the other ladies this later.

 

Sitting in the van on the way home after filming, Hannah can’t stop smiling. She and Maria along with Manager Kawayama who is driving and Manager Lee are talking about Maria’s scene with Haruma, and for some reason they are all talking in mouth of each other in excitement. Manager Lee is impressed with how the scene turned out, complimenting Haruma more than Maria so the leader kicks his seat as she is sitting behind him.

The van pulls up on a parking lot, and Hannah is happy the rain has stopped as she is going out with their puppy who is in the back of the van. They have stopped here to get some dinner to bring home, and Hannah follows them all inside the restaurant while Manager Lee is on the phone with the ladies who are at the apartment.

“Hannah?” Manager Lee asks, looking over his shoulder to get Hannah’s order, still having the cell phone by his ear as Emelia is trying to get Carolina to decide what she wants.

One of the men at the restaurant is all familiar with 5 Pieces dropping by to get food, as this is the best restaurant near the apartment. Which means Carolina is sitting in the apartment and going through the restaurant’s menu that the ladies once brought home from the restaurant. Hannah looks up at the menu in the restaurant, above the counter. Though they have eaten here many times she has only tried four kinds before.

“I’ll take hayashi rice,” Hannah answers, turning to Manager Kawayama.

“And I want extra pickles,” Maria adds.

“Should I go now?” Hannah asks their female manager, speaking Japanese to her.

She shakes her head to answer, focused on the menu to decide what to order her self. Hannah had decided earlier with the managers that she will take a walk with the puppy to the apartment, the others bringing the food home by car, though Manager Lee will walk with Hannah as protection or something.

Hannah is standing with them in the restaurant, waiting for everyone to first wait their turn and then order the right thing for everyone, but she glances out the windows facing out the street and sees fans gathering. It isn’t a lot of people but when spotting 5 Pieces, a lot of people stops to try taking pictures or filming them. She turns back to her manager ordering the food by the counter who is conversing with the worker who often works there.

Manager Kawayama tells Manager Lee and Hannah when they can go, and they step outside to go to the van. Hannah lowers her head, surprised over the amount of people standing there, watching her as if she is an exotic animal, and Hannah jogs the last steps to the van with her head down, opening the side-door to reach her bag, getting out a black straw fedora hat to wear, hoping it might hide a little of her from the cameras. She puts the hat on, closes her bag and pushes the side-door shut before walking to the back of the van where Manager Lee is waiting with Ryo, their white puppy. Michin is at the apartment with the others, either being lazy or playing himself tired with Emelia.

“I’ll take him,” Hannah tells her manager and picks Ryo up in her arms, giving him a kiss on his head before letting him down on the ground, holding on to the leash.

“You’re pretty!” a girl says in Japanese, standing a few meters away with one hand covering and the other holding up her cell phone.

Hannah walks a few steps, taking slightly notice of that the people around her are backing away though all their attention is on her, whispering to each other and having their cell phones up. They make space for her to walk, but it is still strange. One young girl, in her early teens, takes the dare to step up next to Hannah with a thick writing pad in her hands along with a pen.

“Could I get your autograph?” she asks the idol in a shaky voice.

It doesn’t matter where she is or when it is, Hannah always gets this hesitating in her whole body and voice whenever someone asks her something. She glances at her manager who is closing the door for the van, and then she looks back at the girl, starting to smile.

“Sure,” Hannah answers, the Japanese coming out just as natural as if she was speaking Korean, and she reaches out both hands to take the writing pad. She needs to keep an eye on Ryo too, who is curious about the stranger.

“Your dog is so cute,” the girl giggles behind her hands, looking from Ryo to Hannah shyly. The blonde girl smiles friendly, writing her autograph on the writing pad and glances up when a little older boy steps up with a little card of Hannah – it is from 5 Pieces Japanese album – and when Hannah is done signing for the girl she smiles at the boy to give him an autograph too. Manager Lee comes up next to her, telling her in a low voice that they should walk. Hannah lowers her head even more to write the autograph for the boy.

“Thank you so much,” he thanks in Japanese, accepting the card with both hands and when he meets Hannah’s eyes he is smiling widely, making her smile bigger back. “I am coming to your [Secret Touch] event in two weeks, I’m hoping to catch a glimpse of you – you are really beautiful.”

“Thank you,” Hannah thanks him back, having Manager Lee holding her arm for her to start walking, “I’ll look after you at the event.”

She apologizes when she has to go, hearing some more people just saying ‘hi Hannah’ when she walks by with her manager and Ryo; the puppy wants to go on the sides, being like dogs usually are. A small crowd is following them, some girls are running up in front of them, backing while filming or taking pictures of Hannah who keeps her head down, stopping every second meter for Ryo.

They haven’t gotten far when her cell phone rings, and Hannah turns to face the wall when picking it up.

“Yo,” she answers, following what Carolina says on the other line. “We’re on our way…. I don’t know, ten minutes? …. But she isn’t performing at the beginning, is she?”

Carolina wants to know when they are coming because Music Bank is starting now and two of the ladies as well as the dinner aren’t there yet. They are watching Music Bank because of Julia who is performing, but also because EXO and Henry are performing. Hannah is trying to not think too much of the people stalking her, and she speaks in a low voice to Carolina, telling Ryo to come when he stops for too long. After finishing talking with Carolina, Manager Lee starts talking about work again.

“You have drama filming tomorrow and then on Sunday we are all in Korea,” he is saying in Korean, watching the schedule on his cell phone where he has a copy of it. “For you on Sunday…”

“Gym with Park Hyun,” Hannah fills out, looking forward to it.

“Right, and also the company want you to stop by SBS that morning, and it will be Chun Ho Hyun who takes you there.”

Hannah is nodding. “I have a photo shoot too?” she remembers, tucking in her cell phone in her jeans pocket. She isn’t really sure of what SBS wants with her; maybe they want an interview for her book release.

“An exclusive photo shoot for ELLE about your second published book, the July issue,” Manager Lee is checking the information on the schedule, “Have you prepared for that?”

“I spoke to them the other day,” Hannah answers, though nothing was really said in that phone call that she doesn’t already know. ELLE wanted to do an exclusive photo shoot with 5 Pieces’ Hannah and an interview, all about her second book ‘Joe’. The woman who Hannah has been in contact with from ELLE says it is to inspire young girls they are doing this, and according to the magazine it will be a photo shoot as if it could have been taken from Hannah’s daily life or something like that.

She keeps walking, trying to not notice that the crowd following them gets smaller but it still are people walking around them, and those who keeps following are giggling, jogging and taking pictures nonstop. Manager Lee sighs, showing how annoyed he is over it.

“Be nice,” Hannah whispers, giving him a glance and then smiles down at Ryo who is cutely walking next to her.

“It would make my job much easier if you just took the van and let someone else to walk the dog,” Manager Lee sighs at her this time.

“What point would it be to have a dog if we don’t walk them ourselves? It would ruin the fun,” Hannah shrugs her shoulders. She knows Manager lee doesn’t always like that the ladies take time to take walks with their puppies between work, because that means they need either a manager or guards surrounding them. Just like now.

“Chun Ho Hyung did tell you to not get a dog,” Manager Lee reminds her with a finger pointed at her.

“I’m still happy Emelia and Julia came home with Ryo and Michin. And I know you are too,” Hannah tells him with a smile. She keeps smiling shyly, lowering her head when hearing some strangers give out a sound because of her smiling.

Those strangers follow them all the way to the apartment building, keeping a distance but they are obviously there. Ryo wants to go inside right away, hurrying the final street as he knows exactly where they are, Hannah hurries her steps too. She doesn’t want to miss Julia’s performance, so she hurries inside.

Ryo is running inside the apartment, hearing the others and it smells like food and Hannah kicks her shoes off to run inside too, but she takes off her hat first too.

“She hasn’t performed, right?” Hannah asks and runs to the sofa, sitting down and turns to the TV, seeing some strange group performing a song she doesn’t know. On the kitchen table next too, the others are fixing the dinner. How Maria and Manager Kawayama came first with the food, Hannah doesn’t ask but instead listen to Carolina saying that Maria has made an appearance but she hasn’t performed yet. They all helps out to take out the food on the table, some sits down in the sofa and they eat their dinner while chatting and keeping an eye on the music program on TV. They might be in Japan, but Emelia has this amazing decide that lets her laptop and TV connect, so by watching the show online on the laptop they can see it on the TV too.

“Did you hear about the interview she did with Mnet yesterday?” Emelia asks when they are all busy eating, talking about Julia.

“Which one?”

“Where they asked about our reactions to her solo,” Emelia answers, glancing over at sofa where Maria and Hannah are sitting. “Julia had answered that we are all loving her song, being supportive and all that. Today, Henry had asked her if she really think we are supporting her and not making fun of her.”

“Well duh, we always make fun of each other,” Maria rolls her eyes, taking another huge bite of her food. Hannah smiles, looking down at her delicious food of hayashi rice that she is eating with a spoon. That restaurant makes surely the best hayashi rice she has ever eaten.

“I don’t mean it like that,” Emelia rolls her eyes too, “Julia texted me to ask if I really like her song.”

“She isn’t as confident as Maria,” Manager Lee comments and Maria nods in agreement.

“But we really like her song, so we aren’t making fun of her for nothing,” Maria comments.

Hannah looks up at her friend sitting next to her. “You just complimented Julia?”

Maria rolls her eyes annoyed, putting down her chopsticks. “I have nothing against great music, alright? Though, I admit, I want to take her spot – but! I’ll have my time once my album is done. My album will be great, absolutely terrific.”

The others chuckles at her, all knowing that Maria just went from talking about Julia to talk about … herself, again. Carolina gives out a shout when it finally is Julia’s turn to perform and Emelia has to throw a cucumber at her for her to shut up as the performance is starting, with Carolina still shouting. Hannah has no idea for why Carolina keeps giving the strange reactions whenever Julia is performing [I’m Sleepy].

“I love that outfit,” Maria sighs with a smile, eyes focused on the TV.

“If our filming ends early tomorrow, we can go to Music Core, right?” Carolina asks their manager.

“No,” he answers without stopping to eat his food, “Julia is pre-recording it after Music Bank because she will be here with the rest of you tomorrow for the filming, because tomorrow evening your drama filming won’t end early. Sunday morning – you go to Korea.”

“Ssssh,” Hannah waves her hand at them, wanting to hear the TV.

By the time the show is coming to an end, they have finished eating and are sitting in the sofa. Hannah is sitting next to Maria with Ryo by her feet, watching the final performance come to an end at Music Bank. For the ending of the music program on the TV, the white dressed EXO members are standing at the front, and the girls all starts to giggle and joke by the similarities with Super Junior – one group with so many members take the whole stage if they stand next to each other like that. They surely catch all attention.

“Oh, I’m feeling a little proud over them,” Maria smiles with both hands on her chest, sitting straight and looks at the others, “our little kids are up for first place.”

“I think you forget that they are older than us,” Hannah comments, “most of them.”

“Yeah, but they debuted last year, and they are our adorable juniors,” Maria says with the same proud mother-look in her face, hands still by her chest. “OMG SHINHWA IS STANDING NEXT TO THEM!”

Because the amount of white-dressed wolves on the stage, Maria had been too busy looking at them rather than seeing the big-time senior-group standing on the side, and Carolina can’t even see them even after Maria pointing them out. Well, EXO do take most of the camera-screen. The girls are really happy for EXO, who has made a comeback after a year and their song is competing first spot against great seniors. But what the girls in the sofa don’t see is that Manager Lee – who has been sitting by the kitchen table on the side – has taken up his cell phone and is by the wall to film the ladies from the side and also capture the TV-screen. He can’t miss the chance in case something fun will happen.

The counts are being showed on the TV and Hannah giggles that EXO look so nervous, Emelia agrees with a chuckle. The counts stops and the winners’ then continues to count up, for everyone to see who has gotten the most votes, and at first, the ladies just starts to scream out before all four of them get up on their feet and throw their hands up in the air shouting. Imagine watching football and your team just scores the winning goal; that’s the reaction they give.

Manager Lee stops recording before being caught and he laughs over the girls continuing to scream. Maria is jumping, shouting that they won and she then points at the screen, shouting how adorable they are. Emelia takes up her cell phone to text them right away, to congratulate, while Hannah sits back down with a huge smile to watch the acceptance speech and encore and Carolina starts dancing and singing to [Wolf] before catching Julia on the screen when congratulating the boys on set and the girls’ just laughs. Did the girls just win? It feels that way. But it is amazing that EXO got to win. The girls just can’t stop laughing and smiling over it.

Julia has made her solo debut on KBS Music Bank now, and EXO have won their first time on a music program. These girls can’t stop cheering for minutes.

 

After taking away the dinner and saying goodbye to their managers who are leaving, Hannah goes inside her bedroom to get her laptop and change into sweatpants before she comes back to the living-room where Emelia is preparing a movie. It isn’t every day they have this much spare time in the evening; the clock is around eight in the evening, and they can spend a few hours resting. Emelia has wanted to see a movie named 3:10 to Yuma in which there are a lot of great actors in, and the other ladies get ready to watch it with her as none of them has seen it. Maria changes into cosy clothes too before coming with a blanket and a lollipop, snuggling in the corner of the sofa and resting her head on the backrest, looking like she will fall asleep within minutes and Carolina is going through the kitchen to see if they have any snacks.

“How can you eat now? We just finished dinner,” Emelia complains, “I’m starting the movie, whether you’re ready or not – and don’t you even think about eating my things, or else I’ll kick your bed out in the stairs so you can sleep there for the rest of your time in Japan.”

Emelia and her threats have no end. She plays the movie, forgetting about Carolina to focus on the movie instead, and Hannah puts her laptop on the side to pick Ryo up in her lap.

“We’ll see the new apartment on Sunday,” Carolina comments and hurries to sit down in the sofa too, having a bag of chips and a glass of Coca Cola with her.

“No one cares,” Emelia mutters; it is a warning for her to be quiet, Hannah knows it.

“Why wouldn’t-”

“Shut up, Carolina,” Emelia sighs, increasing the volume on the TV. Maria is already into the movie, as the actor Logan Lerman is the first one you see in the movie. Also in the movie are Christian Bale and later they also spots Russel Crowe – the last named makes Hannah focus too, as she is a huge fan of his.

“We should watch Gladiator some time too,” Hannah quietly comments. She loves that movie.

Half an hour in to the movie, Ryo has lied down next to Hannah, resting his head on her leg and she is sitting with her laptop, her right hand on top of the puppy to keep him satisfied and going through twitter and other sites, especially she congratulates EXO on their win through twitter. Maria reminds her to check 5 Pieces fan-page too, a place that Hannah admits she hasn’t visited in a while, so she goes on there to look around at the latest.

She rolls her eyes when seeing one of the latest topics is of 5 Pieces in Japan. She checks that page.

 

‘As all of us are well aware of, 5 Pieces are currently very busy filming a drama in Japan. We have gotten pictures of them filming at a school earlier this month, even wearing school uniforms, and we now have found a fan account from a Japanese fan who earlier today stalked Hannah outside 5 Pieces’ apartment.

Hannah and Maria were heading home after their schedule when they stopped by a restaurant near their apartment where fans got the pleasure to see them up-close. Hannah left first, taking the group’s puppy Ryo with her to walk the rest to the apartment. In the pictures here below we get to see how beautiful she is, wearing her own clothes. The fan writing the fan account followed, writing that Hannah was really nice, even giving her autograph for two younger fans and she smiled at those who followed her. Maria, on the other hand, came out the restaurant with food and she waves to some fans before hiding in the van and leaving. It seems like it was easier to take pictures of Hannah who was walking, but fans who followed Hannah also had her manager walking in the way. Here below you can still see beautiful taken pictures of the two girls inside the restaurant, going to the van and of Hannah taking a walk. Enjoy!’

 

- “Maria is stunning, always looking like a model. Wish I was there to see her so close up too =)”

- “Wow… stalked outside there own home. Don’t the fans feel like they are … I don’t know; too much? Hannah is too nice, just smiling and trying to hide her face by looking down, but she can’t tell the fans to step back.”

- “The captain just can’t get bad in a picture ^^, So beautiful! And Hannah’s style is getting better and better, is it Maria who shows her how to pull off outfits? I wonder what they say about EXO winning! Look forward to see them comment it on their blog or something =D”

- “Hannah~~ I’m going to be in Korea when her book comes out, I’ll try to see her then! Lots of Love from Indonesia”

- “Isn’t Hannah supposed to try gain weight? Her body is amazing, completely amazing, but I still think she is flawless when she has some meat on her bones ^^, Completely stunning in these pictures <3”

- “5 Pieces is doing so great in Japan, they are really popular. Everyone seem to know who they are, so proud over them! Still, those fans better keep a distance… They are still human so they need their space, alright? Love btw how the ladies are with their pets all the time xD Nonstop loving there”

 

Hannah checks her mirror reflection in the bathroom, the toothbrush in while she holds up her top to see her stomach, turning left and right to look at her self. There are always comments about her weight, fans mentioning that she is still skinny and others mentioning that she should gain weight. Her body isn’t like Maria’s, skinny from top to toe, and it isn’t like Carolina who has started to gain weight around her stomach and on her thighs. Hannah looks at her stomach, holding it in, holding it out. Her s look bigger and if she just lets her stomach be you can see shapes of abs. her stomach is flat now, probably as flat as it ever will be, and she will admit that she got some stomach muscles. Her waist is smaller than her hip that is still waving out from the waist, giving her an s-line even if she is lazily standing straight, and facing the mirror. Hannah turns to the side. A small and big s, but she has a swayback so her is still pointing out a bit just like her s are.

Hannah takes down her top when the door is opened, and she looks at Emelia who comes inside tiredly.

“Do you think I have gained or lost weight these past few weeks?” Hannah asks her friend while holding on to her toothbrush to not let it fall out of .

Emelia shrugs her shoulders, taking her own toothbrush and toothpaste before putting it in , turning to look down at Hannah’s body. “It looks the same to me. Yong Oppa said you have gained weight though,” Emelia answers, turning to the mirror to brush her teeth.

“I have gained weight, not much though but a little,” Hannah says and pulls quietly up her top at the front and stands on her toes to see it in the mirror reflection. Emelia sneaks a glance through the reflection too.

“Wow!” Emelia turns around, holding her hand and the toothbrush on the sink and the other hand lifts up Hannah’s top even more, having a shocked face-expression. “Your stomach is more flat than mine, Hannah!”

“It’s not.”

“It is,” Emelia answers and drops Hannah’s top to lift up her own. Emelia’s stomach is just as pale as the rest of her skin, and below her bellybutton it is pointing out a little. “See? And you still got your abs…”

Emelia has never had abs, and she isn’t much prepared to get it either. But like any other girl she can’t help but to envy other girls. Hannah lifts up her top to look at her own stomach again, pouting. “It’s hard to satisfy others…” Hannah sighs. “When I’m fat, people tell me to loose weight. When I’m normal, they tell me to gain weight.”

“Then stop try to satisfy others,” Emelia says, already continuing to brush her teeth. “You have a healthy body, and you need to keep that. Big or not, your body is great and everyone knows it. So live with it.”

Hannah keeps pouting when brushing her teeth, wondering if fans really want her to gain weight again or if they can be satisfied with how she looks. She remembers Jonghyun, how he keeps looking at her body, all of her, when they are together. When they are lying in bed, making out, he always lets his fingers travel her body; he looks at her in a way that makes her think she doesn’t have to change. How his fingers follows the lines on her stomach that she now has looked at in the mirror reflection, it is the same way she lets her fingers travel his body, how his eyes looks at her the way hers look at him. She likes the way he looks at her.

The two girls finish up in the bathroom and Hannah goes to the kitchen, resting her arms on the kitchen worktop and watching Carolina finish eating the bag of chips she opened before when they were watching the movie.

“Oppa would let you starve if he saw what you are doing,” Hannah comments.

“He wouldn’t do that to me,” Carolina smiles, continuing to eat. “It’s delicious, tastes much better than Maria’s. Those chips taste weird.”

Hannah just nods. “Goodnight, Carolina,” she says before turning around to go to her room.

“Goodnight, magnae,” Carolina brightly says back.

The youngest go to the room she shares with Emelia, seeing Ace lying on Emelia’s bed and since Emelia is sitting on the floor, closing her laptop, Hannah falls down on her stomach on Emelia’s bed to hug their kitten. She kisses the cat and wraps her arms around him where he is lying, placing her head on top of him.

“Do you know what all our pets have in common?” Hannah says in a low voice to Emelia.

“They are the laziest pets there is?” Emelia comments and puts her laptop away to get up.

Hannah smiles, closing her eyes, “They all like to cuddle.”

“You and Julia force them to like it,” Emelia chuckles and claps Hannah on the leg for her to move. Hannah gets up to move bed, picking Ace up to bring him with her. Their door is open, a habit for their pets to go wherever they want at night and they can hear Maria going to the bathroom and Michin following Carolina around in the kitchen.

“Next week is our last week filming the drama,” Emelia mentions when getting in bed, “the director told me that today. It’s sad it ends so fast, but our concert practice starts after that, I think at least. Have you thought about your solo performance?”

“I wanted to perform [I CRY], but they want that song on the ballad act,” Hannah answers, busy cuddling with Ace. “And I have been going through American songs, but they suggest me to not learn something new because I will have too much of the rest to learn while promoting the book and so on… So I’m thinking of [Butterfly], my own song. You think that will be boring?”

“It will be boring if you do the song just plain full out, a remix would be good. [Butterfly] is good. You know what I had in mind?”

“What?”

“I’ve been working on my own song. I’m letting Hyekyung check it out, help me out, you know. But it will be awesome. It is a rap, a little hip hop style,” Emelia answers and she gets up on her feet to grab her cell phone. “I only got a piece of it here; I’ll meet him on Sunday and hear what he has to say about it.”

She plays something she has recorded; Emelia’s dark voice rapping is heard. Emelia is smiling when hearing it, thinking it is so good and Hannah starts to smile when looking over at her friend.

“It’s good,” she says when it’s done.

“I know, right? Hyekyung texted me; saying it isn’t done but it is good – he says it fits my style,” Emelia is slightly boasting, lying back down in her bed. “I’m looking forward to it.”

Hannah smiles at her, turning around in her own bed to be able to look at Emelia from there. “Are you looking forward to the tour?”

“BLACK & WHITE? Hell yeah! It will be the best thing happening in our five years here, you know,” Emelia answers, sounding confident in her own words. “We’ll make it the best; something no one will ever forget. They even want to bring it to Europe and America, you have heard that. SM asked us if we want to have a concert in Paris.”

“I know,” Hannah giggles.

“We haven’t done that before,” Emelia keep saying, “when SM Town went there and when Music Bank went there – we were either in Sweden for school or had a concert somewhere else. On our blog and on our music videos online, fans are begging us to come there. Paris, Hannah – we might perform in Paris.”

“Carolina had walked outside the place we might perform in if that happens,” Hannah can’t stop smiling.

“It will be great.”

“You two,” Maria peeks inside the room, “shush now. No flattering talk about me anymore, okay? Go to sleep.”

“Carolina is still up,” Hannah points at the door, meaning to point at the kitchen.

“I’m going to bed!” Carolina shouts out.

“Goodnight,” Maria waves to them and leaves, but then hurries back to take Ace from Hannah. “My baby,” she says and then goes to her own room. Hannah changes clothes and crawls in under her quilt, turning off the lamp and saying goodnight to her roommate.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

After spending all Saturday filming, to late evening, all five ladies get back to Korea on Sunday morning. Hannah is wearing a puff-sleeve eyelet-lace a-line top in black to a pair of light blue denim distressed shorts, very simple but it still looks good. It is the weather that makes her wear shorts; it is a hot summer, otherwise she should have worn jeans. Emelia made her change her mind.

Coming to the airport in Korea, Hannah reminds herself to look for Manager Lim. She and Julia will not get on the same car as the other ladies as they are heading straight to the SBS building. There are a few people at the airport with cameras, big cameras to take good quality pictures, and Hannah takes Julia’s hand when the friend reaches it out for her. They need to stick together. Manager Song sticks next to these two girls as he will go with them too, and when coming outside the airport the two girls and their manager parts from the other three to go to another van.

“Hello ladies,” Manager Lim says brightly from the driver’s seat when Hannah and Julia go to take their seats.

“Hi Appa,” they smile at him. Julia even leans forward to give him some kind of hug from behind, Hannah pushing her to sit down so Hannah can take her seat.

During the drive to SBS building, Hannah is removing all the nail polish on her nails, just because she need clean nails for the photo shoot later. She has a meeting before that, but it is never too early to fix your nails. It doesn’t smell good but it does its work. Arriving at the building, Hannah and Manager Lim are the two hurrying up, being in a rush as they are late. Julia and Manager Song are going to Inkigayo, not being in a hurry at all. In the elevator, Manager Lim tells Hannah to just be calm and listen as this is a meeting she has no idea of what it is about. She doesn’t even know who she will meet. She would feel less nervous if she at least knew who it was.

Manager Lim enters the room first, Hannah right behind. It is a meeting room, with just three people in there. Two men and a younger woman, who Hannah guess is just an assistant. The three of them stands up right away, and one of the men takes a step to the side to reach his hand out for Hannah’s manager.

“We are sorry for being late – traffic,” Manager Lim apologizes, shaking the man’s hand. The man keeps smiling, and he looks at Hannah when he is going to shake her hand too.

“It’s alright, we can wait for this pretty girl,” he charms them. Hannah smiles at him, shaking his firm hand, not knowing at all who he is.

The man she shakes hand with first is a man in his forties, a newly cut hairstyle and he is average looking but with an extremely charming glint in his eyes and his smile is really nice. You can easily tell by both how he looks and how he approaches that he works to meet new people, to charm them. The other man is a few years older, has a lot of thick hair on his head that Hannah guess he often has under a cap because if is shaped like it, and he has a pouting belly under the long-sleeve white shirt and knit vest. Hannah’s first impression of the older man is that he is some kind of director. She doesn’t know what makes her think that, he just gives off that kind of vibe.

Hannah shakes hand with the woman too, but doesn’t take much notice of her as the men are talking.

“Thank you so much for coming,” the younger man says with a hand motion for them to take a seat.

They are all sitting by the corner of the table, not taking up all that much space on the long table as they are so little people. Manager Lim makes Hannah sit on his left side, closest to the unknown crew they are meeting who are sitting on the other end.

“My name is Park Seung Hwan,” the younger man starts to introduce himself, “I work as a casting director, at the moment helping out to cast for a new SBS drama. Maybe you have heard of Mr. and Miss?”

His eyes are on Hannah, who under the table is trying to calm her nerves by holding on tight to her hands. She nods to his question. “I have heard a little about it, yes,” she answers politely. They either want her to make an appearance in the drama or sing a song for it; she has gotten a lot of requests like that before, but rarely does it because of a lot of reasons. Usually it is because she is going focus on other things, or because she is too busy and the company can’t afford or have times to give her more things to do.

Mr and Miss is a romantic action comedy,” the other man says, surprising Hannah a bit as she didn’t expect to hear him talk. He has a low voice, but his eyes are excited. She knows he is a director – this is his drama. “It is about espionage, about secret agents and assassins both working together and against each other in different teams. There is a character who is a y spy, she is y and should be able to fight and handle weapons, being this tough girl, but also to have this cute charm with her too.”

“And it’s difficult to find an actress who fits the character, the way we want her to be,” Park Seung Hwan continues, the two men nodding at each other. “And I came with the suggestion that we could have an idol as the role. But idols are still idols; we don’t want a beautiful teenager – we want a star. And that is when I suggested you to the director sitting here; Hong Wan Young.”

Hannah smiles a little at the man she knew was a director.

“Mr Hong went through some of your videos and we called your label to get this meeting,” Park Seung Hwan is explaining, smiling a little now and then out of excitement. “You have tried action scene before, right?”

“I have never held a gun,” Hannah shakes her head, “but I have done some fighting scenes before and I have been practicing boxing for a few years.”

“But we were very impressed to see what you have done before. Would you be interested in playing a spy?”

Hannah gives a brief glance at her manager, not really sure what she is supposed to answer. “Of course I would be interested in it; I enjoy watching those kinds of dramas all the time and I think it would be fun to try it – I would definitely do my best. But… my schedule…” Hannah hesitates and looks at her manager.

“The drama filming won’t begin until August, right?” Manager Lim asks the director who nods and the quiet woman reaches out a paper for them. Manager Lim tells Hannah that the company has already talked it through, so her schedule agrees on Hannah accepting the role, it is just her decision that they need. The director and casting director looks hopefully at her.

Hannah gets confused. She has to decide if she wants to take the role for a new drama? Is she making an acting comeback in Korea all of a sudden?

“Let’s say it like this,” the casting director says, pushing more papers to Hannah, “go through the first script on your own, go through the character and think it through. We really think Hannah is the star for this role, so we would love it if you could think it through. On Friday or before, we would like an answer. Is that alright with you?”

“Yes, sure, of course,” Hannah is nervously answering, not really sure what to say more. But to think about it, why should she hesitate? Hannah loves acting, and according to her manager, she can take the role. What does she has to loose? What she has heard about the drama is good; action, she has always wanted to try that. Any role is a challenging role for her, she has said it many times. Any challenge is a good challenge, right? Hannah looks at her manager, struggling with her mind. Oh, she wants the role so badly! But it would be so good to skip it, because she could use some free time.

Hannah smiles at the director.

“I would love to work with you,” she tells the director, and he actually shines up for the first time.

“So you want to take it?”

“Yes,” Hannah answers and she laughs when the casting director claps his hands together. They exchange some more words about it, before the casting director clears his throat.

“We actually have another request… As part of 5 Pieces, and since you have a very good reputation with you, is there a possibility if you could write a song for the drama? You will get the instrumental and the topic, and we understand if it is too much to ask for because you have such a hectic schedule as it is already, but I am still asking?”

“Actually…” Hannah breathes, troubled again. She then remembers something. “Actually,” her tone changes, “my member Carolina maybe would want to take on that request… if that is alright?”

“Yes, of course! Any part of 5 Pieces would be a great honour for us.”

 

Hannah is trying to calm herself when they are leaving the meeting. Manager Lim is in a great mood, talking about how well she did in there, being her own cute and polite self, charming the director as much as they charmed her. Hannah’s hands are shaking for another reason; she is going to act in Korea again and she has even gotten job for Carolina! She will love it. Carolina always loves it.

“You think she will like it?” Hannah can’t help but to be worried. What if Carolina doesn’t want work? But she has said she wants something to do, and Hannah knows very well that Carolina love composing and writing lyrics. But she can’t help but to think she has done something without asking that person about it first.

“She will love it, Hannah,” Manager Lim laughs and puts a fatherly arm around her shoulders. “We still have time to go visit Inkigayo’s rehearsals.”

“Let’s go,” Hannah smiles and moves her shoulders happily, “I have to tell Julia that I have gotten an acting role. Hi-hi-hi”

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 14th: Julia Performs [I’m Sleepy] With SNSD’s Yuri On Music Bank

Headline 14th: 5 Pieces Congratulates EXO On Their First Win

 

Headline 15th: 5 Pieces’ Julia Performs [I’m Sleepy] On Music Core With SNSD’s Yuri

Headline 15th: Maria & Hyunsuk Celebrates 200 Days Marriage On We Got Married

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++