Chapter 74

Youngest of Pieces: [WHO- I AM] (8)

 

“This year’s breakthrough, wanted around the whole world and having their grounds from this town – let me proudly present to you…: 5 PIECES!”

It’s not a big stage, but it is a big appearance for 5 Pieces. And they can hear it is big for the crowd as well over the noise they make. The girls hurry up on the stage, taking their positions and Hannah is looking down at first even after she has taken her position, but when waiting for the music to begin, she glances up and tries to hold back a smile.

Beside from skin colour, the crowd in front of them doesn’t seem much different from the audience they tend to have in Asia. People of all ages are pushed together without any space between each other, screaming out to the stage and hands are up in the air, going crazy even before the music has started. Some are even heard still chanting.

[Black & White], the English version, starts to play, and the girls starts to move, doing what they are used to do, and the crowd seem to take the power to scream all the way down from their toes. Sweden or not, home or not; 5 Pieces on the stage never leaves a question to what they will do. The stage might be small but it is a lot easier to perform with just the five members instead of with the dancers, though the whole song would be much cooler with the dancers there. 5 Pieces can work it, and with this kind of reaction from the audience, nothing will stop them from doing the absolutely best while having a lot of fun.

Hannah knows her members are keeping their faces when they begin to sing the song, though the crowd is loud and they are jumping in front of them, the ladies keep their faces to stay professional. Hannah does it too. Maria is the first one to sing, and Hannah seriously think some of the girls in the crowd are going to loose their voices over the high tone shriek they give. Hannah is focused on what she is doing; dancing as they have practiced with just the five of them. The small stage makes them not have to run back and forth to their positions, but the actual dance is cool and following the beat of the song. For each member who sings, the audience gives out a loud scream. Hannah gets nervous for her own part, worried she will do mistakes, maybe fall or completely forget it all and just ruin it all. Though she has all the thoughts of what could happen, she still takes some long steps to get between Emelia and Carolina, following the choreography while taking a step forward, starting to sing her first line.

*Cry, cry, cry, if your heart tells you to

Scream, scream, scream, if your heart tells you to

Go right when they tell you left, show them, show them*

With another step forward Hannah is moving in synch with her members, singing the second line with a confidence she only finds on the stage. She moves the microphone to her right hand as she forms her left in to a fist for the third line, singing while doing her fist-punch to the right and then does her side-kick. The audience starts to scream even louder at that part, and for the chorus coming up the girls are excited to sing and dance while the audience is moving their heads and bodies along to the beat. Maybe they don’t know the lyrics but they surely can feel the melody.

The girls are dancing as crazy as they always do, their focus is to be in synch and to let their voices be heard and perform the song the best way. Emelia’s rap after half of the song is welcomed as if every single person in town loves her. all the other girls have stopped in their different positions when Emelia’s rap comes at first, and Emelia steps up with her hand resting on Carolina’s shoulder – Carolina is standing with her back against the audience. Her rap is fast and the cheer from the audience goes like a wave; it’s loudly at the front, then it goes lower but you can hear those behind get higher instead and it is amazing to hear.

*Welcome to my fantasy land (welcome)

Take your selfishness somewhere else, (kick you out)

I got no time for fools, open your heart and breathe in

Wrong is right, right is wrong, up is down and down us up.

Turn your head around, ah, turn your head (teach me)

Spin, spin, spin it around*

The audience goes crazy when Emelia suddenly gives a smirk when she says;

*Yeah, just like that*

She continues the fast rap and steps at the very front to make the audience put their hands up in the air.

*Have fun, fool around, don’t bother about everyone else

It’s your turn to shine, step up on the stage (catch me)*

The song feels long, the girls keep singing and dancing and they are fascinated by the audience and Hannah get tired. She is surprised to get tired after just one song, not that it matters as she keeps performing without showing anything.

It comes to an end and the audience is screaming their loudest now when there is no music to listen to, and Hannah is first just amazed by the sight of hometown people cheering them on like this that she almost forgets their greeting.

“Hi Sundsvall!” Carolina greets everyone first, waving her hand brightly and not forgetting to use Swedish. “It’s great to be standing here on the stage in our sweet hometown with such a warm and loud audience like tonight. Are you having fun?!”

She hits her hand in the air when hearing the loud answer, smiling widely and Hannah holds her microphone with both hands when smiling out at the audience.

“Should we do our greeting?” Maria quietly asks the girls in the microphone, and Emelia is the one saying; “Pieces of one-”

“We are 5 Pieces,” the girls greet in Swedish before bowing.

“Most of you might know who we are, or maybe you have heard some of our songs but still doesn’t know a thing,” Emelia is saying as she has prepared, “so I will give a brief introduction; we are five Sundsvall girls going under the name 5 Pieces. We are mostly active in Asia, but our music is for the whole world. The song we just sang is from our single [Black & White], and for this half hour we are going to be your entertainment, if that’s alright with you?”

Maria gives a nod, letting Julia talk next; “Our next song is one of our Japanese songs, but we have heard it is being played here in Sweden so you might have heard it before. Either way; keep having a great evening everyone! This is [Run Out]”

The girls take their positions, the music begins along with the cheer from the audience and Hannah wonders if they are cheering because they know what song it is or because they maybe have been drinking too much (not many in the audience seem to be of the age to drink though). Emelia says her thing while the girls are swiftly moving for the dance, and Hannah imagines this being any Japanese performance when she takes her confident steps forward to sing her part. In Japanese. Her voice is deep and she pronounces clearly, to make everyone know it is not Swedish or English she is singing. She knows the choreography, her whole face showing this y confidence she only can have on the stage; moving her body and her voice is confident as well.

The audience has started to scream wilder in this song, especially at the chorus. It’s obvious they know it. Hannah sees the face of a tall teenage boy who has his mouth all round when staring at their dance, and he has that expression when she spots him the next time too. It gives her confidence; the cheering, the ladies all together, the loud music and the sound of their voices completing it. Hannah knows the ladies love the stage, they always do, they always look to have fun when performing together and now there is no exception. When 5 Pieces has their professional performances, they still end up smiling and looking to enjoy the stage. Why? Because that is when the audience has the best time as well; everyone have a blast. Hannah felt ready to accept people dislike the song because it is Japanese, but she thinks the young people in the crowd are open-minded.

They perform [One and Only] – their first international single’s main track from 2011 – with a more cheerful tone and playful behaviour, even acting cute. It doesn’t matter that Sweden is not used to dancing pop groups and this cuteness you see in Asia, the girls are doing what they always do and how they have been taught; because they don’t really try to adapt their performances based on the country they visit. It’s strange though, because the audience seem to have a great time for each song. Even for [One and Only] there are people singing along, and the girls are cute and their voices are perfect even if they are singing live. Emelia sees an older woman singing along further in the back.

It’s after nine but it’s not dark outside, the summer season have almost no darkness at all, but the chilly evening is beautiful to perform it and though the ladies get tired when performing due to the long trip here, they look perfectly fine and they perform perfectly as well.

Hannah can’t stop smiling when the song comes to an end. The audience is great!

She walks to the back to get some water to drink, hearing the next song starting right away.

“Is it alright if we sing a calmer song for you now?” Maria kindly asks the audience, smiling as she starts to sing the English version of their R&B song [Take the Key].

*You will never know how life will turn out

Did you stay in the same town or move out*

Hannah walks over to her position; the girls’ stands next to each other in their usual positions, singing it like a ballad. It is a chance for Hannah to try seeing someone she knows in the audience. She knows a part of her hope to see a family member, but she knows no one in her family will be here. Maria’s voice sounds beautiful, no matter what language she sings in or what kind of song it is; it sounds beautiful and she sets the mood right away: From dancing pop to calm R&B.

 [Julia] *Love is never how you saw in your favourite movie

Did you loose the love or did it just pass by*

[Carolina] *Some things turn out differently than we planned

I guess I’m fine on the outside, but did you ever know?*

[Emelia] *Every step I take [Maria] brings me further away

I am so lost; [Emelia] I don’t know what to do*

Hannah sees Maria’s two sisters and older brother stand among the crowd, and she smiles when seeing them, giving a wave and she gets one back from them. Maria hasn’t noticed them, though she has seen two old classmates.

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces] *Take the key, bring my heart to peace

I am too lost; I am too weak to handle it on my own

Take the key, take the key*

This song is sung to not just have the dance pop genre for the performance but also to show that 5 Pieces have other songs too. This is a pretty song, very simple and it shows their clean voices. Hannah doesn’t have many parts, but she takes care of the ones she has and in between she finds herself lip-synching to the other members’ parts, smiling at the audience waving their hands in the air to the song.

It is still two songs left to perform after this one, but the girls are going to talk a bit first. Hannah notices that it has gotten darker by now, but the crowd is still big and wild. Hannah is just smiling while the ladies are asking fun questions to the crowd, asking if they have a good week and if they like the songs so far.

“The best part – in my opinion – to work with 5 Pieces is the many different fans we get to meet while performing,” Maria then starts to say, resting a hand on her hip. “There is absolutely nothing that shows you have to be in a certain age or from a certain country to like music. We often hear that music has a language of its own, and we really have found that true… What I want to say is that five years ago, the five of us told our families and friends that we are going to South Korea to sing. Most of our friends asked ‘where is that?’ or commented ‘you can’t even sing’!” She makes the audience laugh, and Hannah spots Maria’s sisters agreeing to her words. “Half a year after that, we released our first single in Korea.”

“At first we couldn’t sing, we didn’t know the language or the culture – our friends said Korea had a bad taste in music then,” Emelia fills out, and the audience laughs again as it sounds true.

“But it’s true, right?” Maria asks the audience, “The only thing is that three years later, America started to talk about 5 Pieces; wondering why no one had noticed us before, wondering where we had been all this time – well, we had been in Korea all that time. We got to represent music for the whole world and people were saying we made the impossible things possible, just by going across the globe to a small country where their music had inspired us. Our friends didn’t think Korea had a bad taste anymore.”

Maria knows she makes the audience laugh, that is why she is telling the story this way. It is the truth; it’s their story, and they were asked to tell it. The audience likes it, as it has a meaning but it has humour in it.

“Three years ago, back in 2010,” Maria continues, the girls slowly walking to take their positions for the next song, “we released the song that in Korea, changed our careers completely.” The girls smiles when some in the audience (especially Maria’s sister is heard) gives out a cheer as they know what song it is. “Before that, we had just been doing our best working our hardest every single day to get our name out in a tough industry. This song is one of our favourite songs; it’s in Korean and it represents 5 Pieces in many ways as it was the song that made people takes notice of us… No more hiding, Sundsvall, step out and show them, Original.”

The crowd cheers over Maria’s translation of the Korean song [Original], how she says it with an attitude that is so like Maria; surely it’s the song that changed their careers, and when she has said the song-tease at the end, the music begins and 5 Pieces can start to perform the song that gave them a lot of things. The audience seems to like the song, maybe not as familiar with it as the other songs but they don’t seem to dislike it. And it seems like Sweden really like Emelia’s rap; whenever she raps it is a louder cheer, an impressed cheer. Maybe they aren’t used to a girl-group perform pop and suddenly someone is rapping.

But their screaming during their whole stage is nothing compared to the response the next song (the last song) gets.

“The last song everyone! Thank you for this time together and continue to have blast, let’s go crazy for the last song!” Maria shouts her loudest with a hand up in the air when walking over to the next song’s position.

“Let me ask you one last question,” Carolina asks with a finger in front of her, stepping to take her position and the girls suddenly stops their movements, Carolina looks at the audience. “Are you in a Daze?”

And that song, everyone knows, and the screaming begins even before the music starts playing. 5 Pieces performs [Daze], throwing their hair and moving their legs and the audience is going wild in front of them, not just dancing but also singing along. They know the lyrics! For this song the girls are just letting loose; shouting to the audience happily and cheering brightly, singing and dancing the craziest. Hannah’s hair is so light with the little hairspray that she has and her hair become a mess during the performance, not something she can’t fix when taking her hand through her hair.

 

It was definitely an experience. The girls are cheering when getting back to the room, laughing because this went so much better than they thought it would go – this was a stage they definitely didn’t expect to get, the shouting and knowledge from the audience. Definitely so much better than they thought it would go, definitely a moment of 5 Pieces being impressed by society.

It doesn’t take much time before their families get to come inside too, having drinks and whatnot with them to celebrate and to just hang out during this rare moment together. It’s like a family reunion, everyone sitting around the table, some of them having beer or drinks from the tent outside while others are drinking water or soda. The festival had provided them with free drinks and snacks, so Maria’s siblings seem to be having a blast thanks to that and Maria is fast to join them now when 5 Pieces are done with their things.

“I can’t go out just for a bit?” Maria sounds disappointed.

“It’s alright, Maria, you’re a celebrity after all,” her sister laughs.

Manager Lim is shaking his head at her, by now in the night used to be asked if the ladies can go out and enjoys the festival with their families, but after the performance they know it is impossible. The amount of people that knew their songs in the crowd before was too many to take the risk of letting the ladies go out on their own. Not that the ladies seem to have much against it even if they keep bringing it up; their families’ company makes it not matter.

“I saw some old classmates of ours,” Emelia says when sitting down next to Hannah, talking to those who want to listen but she knows their youngest is listening at least. “They were shouting and singing along… It’s weird.”

“I didn’t see anyone,” Hannah mentions, well, beside from Maria’s family.

“You didn’t see me?” one of their oldest classmates Linda asks with a big smile. She as well as the other girl Karin had come inside with the families, being good friends and they could even have been the sixth and seventh members of 5 Pieces the way they used to hang out with each other. Hannah had known them both since she was a baby; a small town where everyone knows everyone, and they all used to play when they were kids as well. Only Carolina and Julia aren’t that close to them.

Now when their performance has ended, Hannah has to take her medicine. She is the only one among the younger people who doesn’t drink alcohol, but she has a lot of fun with the others either day, catching up with what is going on with their old friends. Linda has moved away from home, she has a job and even a boyfriend who they actually know while Karin still lives at home and she goes to university in the city. Both of them have normal lives, and everyone laughs when they say that they feel proud whenever hearing 5 Pieces’ music on the radio, or in the stores. Hannah smiles when hearing all the stories being told, talking about the past and their lives and funny things. She knows that the people Maria mentioned on stage when she told everyone that their friends didn’t think they would succeed in Korea, Linda and Karin were two of them. Linda mostly thought it would be like a great adventure, being very positive about them challenging something, but Karin just looked at them as if they were insane.

Hannah doesn’t get their new number, knowing she won’t ever contact them.

The girls are having a lot of fun with their friends and families for as long as possible that night, then heading to the hotel for a few hours before they are on the train too early in the morning to go back to Korea. But it was that moment when they went back to the hotel in the middle of the night and the bodyguards surely had to do their work; fans had been waiting for them, shouting and crowding around them the moment 5 Pieces stepped outside. The walk to the hotel felt like an eternity, followed by Swedish fans and three people even asked the ladies if they recognize them as old classmates. Hannah did recognize them, but those three never spoke to her before so she kept her focus on her members.

 

The train leaves at six in the morning; an almost four hour trip down to the capital to take the flight to Seoul that will arrive around eleven the next morning. Sitting on the train in the morning, Hannah reads a book half of the time, but the other half she spends chatting with the ladies; Carolina wants to play a game that Hannah tries to slink out of all the time because she wants to sleep but Carolina keeps going.

“Which picture do you prefer?” Maria interrupts them and shoves her cell phone across the table between their seats.

Maria has been talking about uploading a bunch of pictures on Instagram from yesterday and the two pictures she shows to them now is first of Carolina sitting in a chair at the city hall, resting between the interviews with Maria’s foot popped up as if she through the picture wants to poke her white-socked foot in Carolina’s face and the second is also of Carolina, but this picture is of her sitting on the grass with her head down as she seems to be doing something with the grass.

“I can’t choose which picture is the weirdest of her to use,” Maria comments when Hannah and Carolina looks from picture to picture.

Maria has already uploaded a picture of Emelia lying on her back in the grass with her hands behind her head, enjoying the sun while Hannah’s leg and shoes featured next too. a picture of the big beer cups made of plastic came there too from after their performance, and a picture that Maria had taken of herself showing Hannah smiling by her shoulder, both of them were ready for the stage at that time.

Hannah doesn’t know which one of the pictures she should choose, so Maria takes Carolina’s chose – upload both pictures – and Hannah during that time takes up her laptop on the table in the train, going to check the group’s blog.

After all this time, 5 Pieces still have their own blog. Owned and updated by 5 Pieces themselves (Hannah is bad at updating though). The header is a black and white picture of the group from head to shoulder with the girls holding their arms around each other and laughing, looking pretty and really close as friends. But the header shifts between four different pictures; the second picture is a full-shot picture (also black and white) of the girls charismatically posing, a third picture is with tiny pictures from the girls many album covers and whatnot and finally the fourth picture is of 5 Pieces standing in their circle and throwing their hands up in the air after doing their cheer – Hannah has forgotten where that picture was taken. The latest update on the blog was made by Emelia at the hotel earlier this morning when they had come back after the festival, the good quality pictures from this trip by Emelia’s camera were uploaded and it surely looks great.

Hannah logs in on the blog to see the comments, to accept some of them too for them to appear on the blog. She smiles when seeing the comments; Korean and English are the most common languages used, on third place is other Asian languages and on fourth place is European languages. Swedish is being used more and more she notices, especially on this post where fans are commenting in Swedish about the pictures and also about 5 Pieces at the festival. ‘I saw you there!’, ‘you guys were awesome!’, ‘5 Pieces rocked the night like Sweden never have experienced before, you are so organized!’ and ‘flawless like always, bring your concert here, begging you ^^,’ are some of the comments written in Swedish. She goes through comment after comment, choosing probably all of them (because all of them are positive) to accept on the blog.

“Hannah, it’s your turn,” Carolina pouts, still talking about the game.

Hannah leans her head on the side, suddenly closing her eyes and she pretends to snore, but she can’t help but to laugh when Carolina is heard breathing in, shocked over Hannah pretending to sleep and Maria across the table laughs at it too.

“You’re so mean!”

“Ssssh, people are sleeping,” Hannah giggles and looks around them on the train. She smiles at Carolina, continuing to giggle.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

All Friday was spent on the plane and on Saturday the girls arrived in Korea after half of the day on the flight. There was no rest as they went home for about two hours before they went to the practice-room to practice for the concert, followed by the continuing the practice on Sunday. Hannah had a book signing in Daegu that day, on a private jet getting back and forth quickly so she could practice with the ladies longer and Julia didn’t have her Inkigayo performance as the show was cancelled. In the morning, Hannah had gone to her fifth combat practice as well.

It is then Monday, the 8th of July. A normal day where the ladies are practicing for the concert during the day but in the evening will go to Japan for a summer concert. What that is not so normal about this day begins already in the morning.

Hannah pushes Carolina from behind, whispering to her to sleepwalk is she can’t stay awake but they have to move forward. Maria hushes them to be quiet but waves her hand for them to continue. What could four of the five ladies be doing sneaking around in their very own apartment early in the morning?

Maria at the front opens the bedroom’s door to the fifth member, starting to sing when entering and the other girls are following.

*Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you

Happy birthday, dear Julia~

Happy birthday to you!*

All of them sing loudly, cheering to the girl who is lying in the bed and smiling at them. Julia looks really comfortable lying on her stomach, smiling with her head on the pillow and looking at the lightened candle cake that the ladies have prepared.

“Blow it out now,” Emelia demands, her weak arms tired from holding the birthday cake and Julia struggles to sit up on her knees in the bed and Maria is too busy to film and take pictures with her cell phone of the celebration. Hannah cheers and claps her hands when Julia has blown out the candles.

“Happy birthday Julia!”

 

In the evening that day, 5 Pieces are in Japan. They arrive five hours before they will perform, just to practice the songs before the rehearsals as they need to readjust after promoting without Carolina. Its five songs they will perform, one of them is a ballad and three of the songs where taught and promoted along with Carolina while the most recent song [Secret Touch] was taught when Carolina was unable to dance with them because of her injury. After rehearsals it is time to prepare hair and make-up and outfits and start off with the interviews, to promote themselves more in Japan and their newest single [Secret Touch].

“Eh, Hannah has her own book?” a male interviewer sounds surprised when he looks at his papers.

“Yes,” Hannah nods, her Japanese coming out automatically.

“And the second book has come out this month?” he asks, not knowing.

“It has come out in Korea, and in Japan it will be published on … September 11,” Hannah answers, speaking well for the interview. She then smiles at the interviewer. “The first book came out last year and the second book comes out this year.”

“Ah…”

“It’s the best,” Maria mentions with a thumbs-up, “the book. The best. You should all … read it.”

Hannah is smiling at Maria’s try to promote the book in Japanese. “I’m sure you get the question often, but how do you have time to write a whole book?”

“I take the time,” Hannah answers lightly and shrugs her shoulders with a smile.

“She has been writing for forever already; the books were practically written before we got a heavy schedule,” Emelia explains with a laugh.

While the man asks them other questions, Hannah looks down a little at her sky blue tab-sleeve shirt. It has a thin, breathing fabric and is tied on the right side as it is a very long shirt, and she is wearing a pair of brown shorts to uncomfortable high heels. The girls have dressed up in summer outfits for the concert, fitting the concert as well as their music, with each member having her own style in sky blue. She takes a glance at Julia’s blue leopard print shorts, finding them very short and funny. Not that it doesn’t look good – it looks great on her – but just the thought of that it is actually a leopard print makes it funny. She matches is with a white top that one also tied on the side but Julia has done it tighter than what Hannah has.

She looks up to not seem distracted in the interview, hearing them mention Julia’s solo activities and the man asks if there are more solo activities – if anyone is going to do something in Japan – but Hannah gets a little in other thoughts again. Interview after interview, unstoppable interviews all the time. A few days ago it was in Swedish Sweden, now it is Japanese Japan and it feels like in between they speak Korean Korea. She is tired, especially from promoting her book for a week and whenever she can she has focused on her team, on their concert and on things in between.

They talk about Julia’s birthday as well, and now Hannah focuses because Julia sitting next to her changes her body language; this is a subject Julia likes.

“The ladies sang and greeted me in bed with a birthday cake,” she says proudly, though she speaks in Korean they will translate it for the interviewer. “But we didn’t get to eat it…”

“We have the birthday cake waiting for us at home,” Emelia says in Japanese once it has been translated, the girls all smiling as the interviewer thinks it is a joke.

Julia had known all along something was going on in the morning; Carolina at keeping secrets, which also is about prepating a birthday cake for a secret purpose. She has laughed all day at Carolina’s answer to when she asked about what was going on, ‘it is a secret purpose, and we need a cake for it, but it is a secret, so don’t tell anyone’. Carolina had pretended to be so clever by telling Julia about a secret cake, but she was so stupid to tell it because if it was a secret purpose, Julia would have know about it too.

Backstage they are filming their ‘5 Pieces – Stories from Japan’ DVD, as a birthday special for Julia (each member has one). Hannah is walking through the white corridor after an interview when she walks by the camera, holding up her hands in a surprise expression when walking by and then smiles at the camera-man that she looks at when she has passed. He had chuckled at her playful joke. Another camera-man is waiting for her by the door to the dressing-room, and he asks her early how the weather has been like.

“Today… it’s raining everywhere,” Hannah giggles and stops in the doorway to look at him. “I heard … thunder, before. It was really loud, wasn’t it?”

He nods in agreement, focusing on filming her prettily. “How’s today’s condition?”

She grimaces a little, looking away. “A little tired, but the condition is good,” she answers sweetly. “The thunder has stopped, and it isn’t raining as much now so … I’m keeping my hopes up. But it would be nice if it wasn’t raining because it would give trouble to the audience.” It’s never hard to speak Japanese with the staff, she enjoys it because it is freely and open compared to interviews. She looks at him to know if he wants her to continue talking, but Emelia wants to get inside so Hannah goes in too.

 

Music is played when 5 Pieces walk from the back up to the stage, like a remix of the intro of their song [Run Out] and thousand of people are standing outside in the night air in front of the stage, a lot of them cheering by the sight of 5 Pieces and the sound of their Japanese hit song. It’s barely raining anymore and Emelia’s voice is heard;

*TURN MY HEART ON*

Her voice is like an echo over the audience and Hannah smiles from her middle position when walking forward to the beat of the music along with the ladies on both sides of her. She starts to sing the song before they stop their walk at the front of the stage, starting to perform [Run Out] live with the cheer of the crowd. Hannah hates the middle spot, but she love the stage and the reaction of the audience makes the blood rush fast in her veins. It’s like a drug; the attention of the audience when a special part of the song comes.

The chorus is a great example. Hannah dances in the middle, singing with the group.

*You might think I am your sweet girl,

Or your beautiful girlfriend

Either way we, should not RUN OUT ([Emelia] TURN MY HEART ON)

I could be your sweet girl,

Or your beautiful girlfriend

[Maria] Somebody told me,

I’m too good to be true

[Hannah] My guilty playfulness is going my way

I’m not going to stay, baby we are floating on air

I could be your sweet girl,

Or your beautiful girlfriend

[Hannah] Either way I, should not RUN OUT on you now*

After Maria’s part of the chorus, the girls are dancing that part that made this song be the talk of the country when it first came out. The ladies are smiling when doing it, Hannah dancing while singing her part and she gets excited every time when doing that part just because of the reaction. The whole chorus gets a great reaction from the audience, but like always it is a certain part in the choreography that the audience take extra notice of. It is different compared to when they performed in Sweden some days earlier, just because they are comfortable performing this way. Hannah doesn’t really care why; all she does is enjoying performing in Japan.

The girls performs [Sleeper], [Let Me Love] and [Secret Touch] after that, having one greeting in the beginning and they keep the fans mood up with quick cheers to them between the songs, asking if they are ready and if they want to jump along to the next song. During [Secret Touch] the rain starts pouring. The girls keep performing, Hannah can barely keep her eyes open because of the rain and she is worried her feet will sleep as the rain makes the stage wet, but since it is just one song, they seem to do just well. Only one time, Maria is about to slip but she grabs a hold of Emelia’s arm and continues like the boss she is. Towards the end of the song, fireworks and explosions keep firing up at the front of the stage, nonstop and the first few times the girls seem to get a fright by it, but then they get used to it; and that’s when the smoke from it makes it hard to breathe.

They pull it off though (five years performing, they are used to bad weather and fireworks). After performing four songs, the girls are sweaty and breathless when starting to talk a little with the audience and each other. It’s around midnight; the air is cool and a little chilly with the rain still pouring and Hannah lifts her hand above her face to be able to look out at the audience without the rain hitting her eyes. That they don’t wear much make-up for this promotion, weather and concert makes their faces not look ruined though it’s raining, and Hannah smiles when Julia turns towards her to worry about transparent clothes.

“It’s not transparent,” Hannah whispers to her after taking a glance down at her friend’s chest and she then brings the microphone to , turning to the audience to speak when Emelia is done. “We are saying goodnight to everyone with this last song, again, thank you for all your support tonight and we hope you get home safely.”

Dislikes from the audience that it is the last song makes her smile and she agrees when Maria says in Japanese that she hope they will like the song – [What Would It Look Like]: Their popular ballad track from the newest single.

The music starts to play.

“Happy birthday, Julia,” Emelia says in the microphone just before the girls starts to do the harmonizing, and Hannah smiles widely at that comment and that the audience is cheering loudly. Julia gives a giggle, heard from the microphone, and she is happy that her members keep bringing up her birthday wherever they go – congratulating her the whole day. Backstage, the staff of their DVD-filming is preparing cheesecake (a Japanese cheesecake) to have a very small surprise event for Julia when they get off the stage. It will be a nice surprise after spending this time out in the rain.

And then, they have to take the last plane back to Korea.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 04th: 5 Pieces Overcrowds Their Hometown

 

Headline 05th: [WHO-I AM] MV Teaser Released For BLACK & WHITE Concert

Headline 05th: 5 Pieces Takes Over Music Festival When Visiting Their Hometown

Headline 05th: Maria Has A Spree Of Pictures Taken In Sweden Shown On Instagram

Headline 05th: 5 Pieces’ MV Teaser For [WHO-I AM] Gets Impressive Views Online After A Few Hours

Headline 05th: Summer Hit Duo Julia & Yuri On Music Bank Performs [I’m Sleepy]

 

Headline 06th: Hannah Is Pretty & Beautiful Posing For ELLE (Magazine Release)

Headline 06th: Julia & Yuri Performs [I’m Sleepy] On Music Core

Headline 06th: Model Couple Continues Their Birthday Celebration On Tonight’s ‘We Got Married’

Headline 06th: Did Hyunsuk Attempt To Kiss Maria On Her Birthday? (Episode 33 on ‘We Got Married’)

 

Headline 07th: SM Entertainment Releases 3rd Teaser For 5 Pieces’ 2nd Tour Countdown

Headline 07th: Today’s Inkigayo Cancelled, Julia Updates From The Practice-Room Instead

Headline 07th: BLACK & WHITE Tour Expected To Be The Most Anticipated Tour This Year!

 

Headline 08th: ‘Joe – Déjà Vu’ Already On Best-Selling List After One Week

Headline 08th: Emelia Uploads 3-Set Of Crazy Pictures With 5 Pieces To Congratulate Julia On Her Birthday

Headline 08th: 5 Pieces Performs Their Japanese Hits On Japan’s Summer Concert

Headline 08th: Fans Helps Society In Every Possible Way To Celebrate Julia’s Birthday

Headline 08th: 5 Pieces’ Japanese Single [Secret Touch] Has Topped The Japanese Music Charts

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

X. devonalias

 

5 PIECES' INFO CORNER can be read here ^^,

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/514256/5-pieces-info-corner-kpop-fictional-information