Chapter 90

Youngest of Pieces: [WHO- I AM] (8)

 

{INSTAGRAM, Maria: Sleepless nights filled with style! Finished recording and are now heading to… *drums* ba-ba 上海!}

It’s early in the morning on Thursday, 5 Pieces have been working all night long and now they are at the airport waiting to board the plane to head to Shanghai, China, for the concert this weekend. For the past two days they have been pre-recording performances of [WHO-I AM] to the weekends music programs, and Julia had to pre-record her final stages of [Party Tonight] as well, and the girls have been doing interviews and a lot of other things too. They have been very busy. And the moment their final pre-recording for Music Core ended, 5 Pieces took their bags and went to the airport dressed in the baggy pants with visible waist-line for the underwear and tank tops. That is the style for [WHO-I AM] and the ladies are promoting the song to promote their concert, and the reason they didn’t change clothes was not because they didn’t have time but that they will begin working as soon as they land in Shanghai.

Maria uploads a picture on Instagram that their manager kindly took for her; a picture of the ladies standing by the big windows with the rising sun in the background at the airport and with the five ladies posing coolly for the camera, it can’t really catch their face-expressions because of the bright light. But it looks cool. And on her text she had asked Julia to help her write ‘Shanghai’ in Chinese.

The strange thing about the lack of sleep situation is that the girls aren’t tired. Hannah thinks it is because they are so excited, because promoting these two days in Korea (with the pre-recordings and such), they have been followed by cheerful fans everywhere and the girls can’t wait to get to Shanghai and try casting a spell over them too. All of them are excited to reach Shanghai, to promote their concert and [WHO-I AM], and Hannah is a bit worried about the language. Emelia and Julia always more than gladly answer questions in Chinese, they are stunningly amazing at it, but Hannah always gets worried when she can’t speak or understand the language.

Just at the moment she is sitting outside the gate with a pout, glancing from her cell phone to Julia sitting next to her.

“He doesn’t stop texting me,” Hannah pouts and looks back down at her cell phone to try writing a text back before he writes something again. Jonghyun seem restless. They haven’t gotten the time to meet since Monday morning and since Hannah didn’t go to sleep he has been texting her almost all the night even if she even had used big letters to tell him to go to sleep. ‘I can’t sleep without you,’ he had answered, but at that moment Hannah had been busy and she just told him that he better sleep or she won’t text him back. In response he had written he is sleeping, and her cell phone was quiet for almost two hours.

“He’s crazy over you,” Julia responses to Hannah’s pout and then yawn tiredly, looking around. “Do you think they will let us in soon?”

It was Emelia she looked at when asking the question, sitting on Julia’s other side. “In about five minutes,” Emelia answers and then smiles, showing her own cell phone to them. “The comments about yesterday’s Weekly Idol are hilarious.”

Hannah doesn’t listen, being busy sending a final text to Jonghyun. It gets a little long as she in the end wants to add that she is boarding the plane and for that will turn off her cell phone, and she just gets to send the text before they are told to board and Hannah turns off her cell phone, looking at it while walking up to the counter to show her ticket and passport. She wonders what he will write while her phone is off…

“Your eyes will get stuck on that thing if you keep up like that,” Manager Lee jokes with her and puts his hand on Hannah’s cell phone for her to put it away.

“Don’t listen to him, baby,” Maria says, pushing up in front of the manager to be behind Hannah, “he is just jealous of us who are in relationships.”

“Your relationship is only on-screen, Maria,” Manager Lee reminds her while Hannah is getting her ticket checked.

“It’s more real than your un-existing one,” Maria frowns at him, stepping up to the counter, smiling at the woman standing there. When she is done, she walks up to Hannah who waited for her in silence and they walk together with their arms linked, Carolina walking in front of them. “Ya,” Maria calls out to make Carolina turn around, “You owe me food, you chicken nuggets stealer. I’ll make you pay back at the Shanghai hotel.”

“I said I thought you were done eating,” Carolina pouts, not liking how Maria has been on her back all week because Carolina was eating of her chicken nuggets in the beginning of the week.

“But you kept eating even when I told you I wasn’t done, idiot.”

Manager Lee is shaking his head behind them, wanting to remind that there are other passengers here too but he hears from behind them Emelia and Julia laughing loudly over some video they are watching, and those two are too far behind that he can’t tell them. Lucky him; Manager Kim is heard telling them to lower their voices in the back, walking with the two.

“I’m sitting next to Hannah,” Maria whispers when boarding the plane, just having checked her and Hannah’s tickets. “I’m going to sleep, so be quiet.”

Hannah nods, listening well to the leader.

It takes ten minutes and Maria is sleeping next to Hannah, the youngest gets tired during the flight too. She is a lot in other thoughts, trying to get some sleep but ends up having too much on her mind for that, and then Emelia is pulling a prank on Manager Lee by poking him at the crown of his head (the two of them are sitting next to each other) and he (who has been half asleep) looks up without noticing anything and he even turns around to look at Hannah and Maria to see if they are guilty, Hannah just blinking at him. The last half hour, she is practicing some simple Chinese words that she always learn when going to China; as soon as they get on the plane to leave she will forget it again…

Arriving at the airport in Shanghai after a two-hour flight, Hannah turns on her cell phone pretty much right away. Maria is hugging her arm, yawning as she hasn’t woken up (Maria did sleep throughout the whole flight). Carolina had wanted to sleep too, but Emelia was bored to prank the manager once he caught her so she threw some chocolate paper to wake Carolina up; and she kept doing those things whenever she thought Carolina had fallen asleep.

“He seems more eager with his texts this week, has something happened?” Maria mumbles against Hannah’s shoulder when seeing the youngest reading the three text messages Jonghyun has sent.

“Are you drooling on me?” Hannah giggles and Maria lifts her head up to wipe .

“No,” she answers when noticing she isn’t drooling, but Hannah still smiles at her because she had to check it.

Hannah then answers her question; “I was a mess last time we saw each other; he texts to make sure I’m fine…”

During 5 Pieces’ hangover talk on Monday, Hannah told her members about her last hours where she drank, got drunk and woke up crying in front of Jonghyun and Julia had a blast telling how wasted Hannah was in the car while Maria was upset Hannah drank at all; ‘who knows what could’ve happened! You are not even supposed to drink’. Of course, Hannah didn’t tell them when Manager Lim was there, all five of them kept some topics for themselves, talking about it later in the evening when their manager had left.

Maria puts an arm around her shoulders, smiling widely when gracefully moving forward. They had perfected their make-up and hair at the flight too before landing, so the leader doesn’t look tired though she feels like she is still sleeping after the flight. “Ji Young Oppa is jealous of hell for a good reason.”

“Excuse me?” a man’s voice asks behind them and Maria smiles when turning around, making Hannah turn around with her to walk backwards. Hannah laughs at it, happy Maria was holding on to her so she didn’t fall in the sudden turn, and the two girls look at Manager Lee who walked behind them.

“I said; you, our handsome manager, are jealous on our y baby for the hot boyfriend she has who keeps showing how much he cares of her.”

“You’re so weird,” Hannah laughs and turns back to face the front, and Maria raises her eyebrows charmingly to their manager when she turns around too, putting her arm anew around Hannah’s shoulders. “You’re so mean at times, Maria.”

“I wouldn’t say mean…” Maria begins in her diva way, trying to come up with a better way to explain her behaviour towards their manager.

“You’re evil,” Manager Lee finishes by putting his head between theirs and Hannah laughs at the surprise to have him so close.

It’s a great thing that they are all in a good mood, because it doesn’t take long until a wild roar from the airport surprises them. 5 Pieces had expected to come and force people to take notice of them; never did they expect to have hundred of fans waiting at the airport for their arrival. Hannah smiles when Maria link their arms again, waving with her other hand while they are being led past the fans but with a glass wall between them. 5 Pieces are taking the back way out.

 

Since morning to late evening, 5 Pieces are doing everything they can in Shanghai to promote themselves, [WHO-I AM] and their BLACK & WHITE tour. They go on talk shows/variety shows, doing a lot of different interviews and make three radio appearances. During one of the TV-interviews they were asked about their pets, as Shanghai fans were curious to know about them and the ladies went all we-love-out-pets-ladies as they talked about how much they miss their pets when not bringing them abroad with them and it was really fun to talk about the pets as if they are boyfriends or something. Which, by the way, made Hannah check her cell phone the moment they had to run to the next thing on the schedule and she was smiling when seeing that her actual boyfriend had sent her another text message. He is impossible.

The long-awaited late evening finally comes when 5 Pieces arrive at the hotel they will be at for this weekend. The energy they had earlier today is long gone; now, all they want is to go to bed.

“Julia,” Hannah whispers to Julia when they are heading inside the hotel. “Could you change room with me?”

“Why?” Julia mutters, too tired to care what the youngest actually is saying.

“It’s a queen size bed in our room; only one – Carolina will take the whole quilt…” Hannah pouts when remembering past experiences of sharing hotel room with Carolina.

“I’m not changing.”

“Why not?” Hannah whines in a low tone to not get attention from others. “Please… I’ll owe you one.”

Julia just turns away from her and Hannah pouts when glancing at Carolina who is fighting with Manager Kim over the key. Hannah keeps pouting when they all get in the elevator.

“Magnae and me are staying up all night~” Carolina is singing, the only one with energy. She shines up at their manager. “They have American Dad here; I looked it up. It is always on TV at this hour.”

Hannah can already see herself lie in bed with the pillow over her head, trying to hear her own thoughts while Carolina is lying next to her (eating something) and watching the American animated sitcom that her friend apparently finds hilarious. Obviously, it is not the first time Hannah is sharing hotel room with Carolina.

Yawning, Hannah looks around in the hotel room briefly, putting her bags on the right side of the bed, nearest the window, and then she tells Carolina she will wash up first. Hannah has barely locked the bathroom’s door until the TV is and Carolina is looking through the channels.

It has been a long day and Hannah can barely keep her eyes open when washing up. Tomorrow they will do rehearsals for the concert that begins the day after, and the youngest really want to sleep so she is ready for it. At some interviews today she got worried when the hosts/interviewers asked about her birthday coming up on Sunday; wondering how she will celebrate it and such. And her members said they always can pull a prank on her to celebrate the special day – Hannah is not looking forward to it. She is terrified already now that their second day concert is on Sunday; what if they want to celebrate her on the stage? They have done it for other members before and Hannah never wants to be one of them. But she has thought of how that could go like; where would they during the concert bring out a cake and celebrate, and going through it in her head so many times she finds it impossible to pull off. They have a very good schedule on the song-list this year. Besides, her members know she doesn’t want to celebrate it other than ‘happy birthday, Hannah’ in the morning or something, so they better stick to that – that was about the same thing she said during the interviews today. No big celebration, she just wants to have fun at the concert with their fans.

Dressed in pyjamas shorts and big t-shirt, Hannah comes out from the bathroom with her toilet bag, already annoyed at the TV that of course has to show American Dad just like Carolina said. Carolina must be deaf from the sound of the TV, but Hannah doesn’t say anything and in silence puts away her things and lies down in bed, glancing at Carolina who is sitting at the edge of the bed, watching TV. Hannah checks her cell phone over and over again while waiting for her friend to go use the bathroom, and it takes minutes as Carolina finishes watching the episode before she gets up on her feet. Right when the door closes, Hannah does her usual exercise, something she never does when Jonghyun is around, and she hurries to finish up before Carolina comes back out. At times, Hannah wonders if Carolina even washes her hands when she uses the bathroom because it goes so fast, but today it takes time as she need to wash away the make-up and all that. She doesn’t shower though, which Hannah hear her friend muttering about when coming out that she will do it in the morning. Hannah knows she always does it in the morning.

Hannah is ready to sleep, and when Carolina disappears in to the bathroom once again she hurries to stretch over the bed to lower the volume on the TV, and then lies back down as if nothing happened when Carolina comes out.

“Emelia said we will try to watch Life of Pieces tomorrow, as we missed its first airing tonight,” Carolina is saying with a smile when sitting on the bed, beginning to take off her socks and whatnot. Hannah grunts for answer, already lying on her stomach facing out. “The ratings were high according to her. I don’t know what kind of app she has on her phone to see that.”

“She got a text from the producer about it,” Hannah murmurs against her pillow.

“Oh, really? I have to ask to get that too… It’s like a personal update on the show, right? Really cool… But I can’t wait to see it tomorrow. You know they aired two episodes tonight; episode 0 and episode 1,” Carolina keeps talking and then laughs at something that was said on TV. “Are you going to sleep?”

“Yes.”

“Oh, goodnight then. Sleep tight~” Carolina chuckles and Hannah thinks the volume on the TV gets higher.

She turns around in bed, glaring at Carolina. “It would be great if you could lower the volume,” Hannah says in a low voice.

“Sure,” Carolina answers and lowers it a bit.

“More…”

Hannah lies back down and closes her eyes tightly. This is why she wanted another room. Carolina have no idea of her surrounding, not knowing if you get upset at her or knows the basic things. Maria says it is because Carolina grew up out in the bush; Carolina has for that always been different because she never seem to know anything basic. A few years ago she shocked Hannah when not knowing how to use the local buses in their hometown (and that isn’t really complicated at all as it is such a small town) and the ladies still make fun of her because she had never seen Titanic before. Who did not watch Titanic? She even thought Sean Connery was dead because when she saw him as James Bond it felt so long ago… Hannah can only roll her eyes – if Hannah knows these things, she gets stunned if someone else doesn’t.

The weird thing about this night is that half an hour after turning off her lamp; Hannah can hear Carolina is sleeping. The other lamps are still on, the TV is still too loud for the youngest to sleep too, and Carolina had the heat. Knowing her friend is asleep; Hannah turns off the TV, lowers the heat and turns off all the lamps in the hotel room before going back to bed, finally able to breathe out in the silence in the hotel room.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

After getting more or less three hours of sleep the ladies are leaving the hotel early to go film a commercial. Tired, the girls still manages to look fabulous when they have changed into sports wear to film the cool and charismatic commercial. They get styled to look sweaty for the commercial, and the girls laugh when seeing each other, showing off by doing different movements to see how cool they look. It’s cool how they during the hectic filming gets to dance [WHO-I AM] – it is a super cool song for the commercial – and the girls gets to really move around a lot for the sports wear. A brief interview is done for it too before 5 Pieces is done, and they can head straight to rehearsals for their concert.

It’s after lunch when they arrive for rehearsals, and by then all the staff have already prepared so for 5 Pieces it is just to warm up and get on the stage. It is smaller than the concert they had in Seoul,

Probably the best thing about the concert rehearsals is that the staff has come with them from Seoul, meaning it is always the same staff working with the concert this year and the ladies surely have a blast with them. There will always be some local staff too, those who actually work in the arena, but the staff working for the concert are always there and Hannah think she is more relaxed because she know the staff they work with.

“Are they airing it in Shanghai?” Hannah asks Emelia when they are gathering backstage to eat dinner, talking about 5 Pieces’ performance of [WHO-I AM] on Korea’s Music Bank. The ladies have just taken their seats and are busy sorting out the food and finding out what their fans have bought for dinner to them and Hannah stretches over the table to get the bowl Manager Kim is trying to give her, a spoon is what her eyes searches for as well. It is loud in the room and Hannah barely hears what Emelia answers because Maria at the same time asks what everyone is having.

“I got a link to see it online,” Emelia is saying and she glances up at Manager Kim, “Legally.”

“Oh, that looks delicious. Can I taste a bit?” Carolina asks Hannah, her eyes stuck on Hannah’s food but the youngest covers her bowl with both hands, looking back at Emelia.

“Are we going to watch it?”

“Watch what?” Maria interrupts, hearing just that question. Carolina asks Julia if she can taste some of her food. “Stupid, eat your own food. Hannah, Kyung Ho is still coming tonight, right? I didn’t bring the movie with me but-”

“I brought it,” Emelia says. “But we have to warn the kid that Maria will drool at Jack Frost.”

“Oh please, he is an animated character,” Maria rolls her eyes and waves for Manager Kim to give her a napkin, noticing Carolina trying to take some of Hannah’s food when the youngest takes a napkin too. “Carro!”

The mascot freezes in the move, looking up to see the leader glaring at her and Hannah looks down, screaming and pushing Carolina’s hands away with a whine. “You got your own food!” the youngest whines and pushes her own food further away when sitting back down, pouting and glaring at the one sitting next to her.

“But I want to taste everyone else’s…” Carolina pouts too.

“You really shouldn’t,” Maria frowns, “and especially not with your hands – who knows where they have been.”

“Hey!”

“Has anyone of you heard of the proverb saying that you shut your mouth for dinner?”

“There is nothing wrong with my hands. Why would you say such a thing?”

“When does Music Bank begins then?”

“But who takes food from others all the time, idiot?!”

“It’s getting a little too loud now, ladies…”

“I don’t do it-”

“AND you don’t even use a spoon for it! Stop poking your finger in everyone’s food!”

“Ladies!” Manager Kim shouts out for silence but the girls keep having their conversations and arguments. Hannah and Emelia are talking about Music Bank, Maria and Carolina is fighting and Julia is trying to get Emelia’s attention to have the rice sent over. Manager Kim looks at the others in the room, feeling hopeless, and instead Manager Lee rolls his eyes and comes out with a roar;

“SHUT UP!”

Hannah stops asking about Music Bank with the spoon in , blinking along with Julia at the manager.

“Shut up and eat,” Manager Lee mutters at them.

“Ya, we were just having a discussion,” Maria barks at him. Both managers know that if Manager Lim had been here, she wouldn’t have talked back.

“Just eat.”

“Shut up and eat,” Hannah repeats in a low giggle what the manager said a few seconds ago. Maria looks at her with a smile, and when seeing how Hannah is smiling while eating over their manager’s comment, amused by it, Maria laughs. Emelia smirks at it, and Carolina looks confused to why they are smiling.

“Hannah found it funny,” Maria laughs and points at their manager. “Oppa, you could really need to calm those nerves of yours.”

“I’m surprised Chun Ho Hyung hasn’t gotten a heart-attack having to stand you all the time,” he mutters back at her and to his surprise, all five ladies begins to laugh. It isn’t the heart-attack comment that is funny; it is that their manager is stressed out because 5 Pieces are loud during dinner. Or that is at least what Hannah thinks they are laughing at, or it could be that they just laugh randomly.

“So what are you eating?” Carolina asks Hannah a few minutes later, her eyes still stuck on the other members’ food.

“Fried rice,” Hannah answers, “Yangchaw fried rice; very sweet.”

Emelia chuckles from the other side of the table. “It’s yangchow fried rice,” she corrects the youngest, but Hannah doesn’t know what part she said wrong so she keeps eating her food. She loves fried rice. It is delicious. And she is amazed the fans in China know about it. With shrimp in it too.

Hannah’s Korean little brother Kyung Ho is in Shanghai today, filming a commercial for some kind of school brand. He is staying at the same hotel as the ladies with his manager, and when 5 Pieces’ finishes the rehearsals (if he is awake by then), they will all watch Rise of the Guardians together. And then tomorrow he is doing his own promotions in the morning before he will come to the concert with 5 Pieces. Hannah is excited for it. He was so excited this morning when texting her, saying he is at Incheon airport, then he was at the airport in Shanghai, and he wrote that he met Chinese people (Emelia and Luhan had both helped him practice some words that he smilingly had showed off on the commercial filming set). Hannah has no idea when he met Luhan, but apparently they must have bumped in each other or something at the agency or at a schedule. At the same time as she is so excited to have him visit the concert, she is terrified to figure out how the world will react as SM Entertainment have planned tomorrow to be the day – the day when 5 Pieces takes a picture backstage with Kyung Ho that will be uploaded on the agency’s different online pages to reveal that the popular child actor of this year is none other than Hannah’s Korean Little Brother. But she thinks it will go well; people can’t hate on Kyung Ho, he is just a child, right?

Maria had taken a picture of the girls enjoying the meal that she more than gladly uploads on Instagram in the middle of dinner.

{INSTAGRAM, Maria: Thanks for the meal =) Fans brought dinner to five hungry ladies, now we are ready to continue working for you all ;) SEE U TOMORROW!!}

 

Rehearsals for D-1 have ended, but it ended really late that they decide to not watch the movie tonight. Kyung Ho is either way sleeping; he had to go to bed early for tomorrow’s schedule but Hannah still meet his manager outside the hotel room in the corridor when she comes there, talking a little about how it has been going for him and how his schedule is like, if he is eating and all things to keep an eye on him. His manager is nice, telling Hannah everything she wants to know and it is good that it doesn’t feel weird at all.

Going to bed this night, Hannah stands out with the loud TV, and she even falls asleep for an hour before the loud TV wakes her up again. Carolina is asleep by then so Hannah can turn it off and go back to sleep.

 

And in the morning the ladies head to the last rehearsals, more nervous and excited at the same time when seeing even more fans standing outside the arena for tonight’s concert. Hannah can’t wait for it to begin. Last weekend was amazing, it was chaotic backstage with her emotions, interviews and all that, but the actual concert was so heart-warmingly amazing that she is longing to perform today, tomorrow and for all the other concerts. It is so many fans out there, waiting in the rain and some parts of the city it has even been thunder, and Hannah stays amazed by their fans that stay outside.

Not until rehearsals have ended, going backstage to wait to start their transformation for the press-conference, Hannah hears from their manager that Kyung Ho has arrived. Right away she starts to run, shouting and laughing when Maria begins to run as well and the ladies are running through the corridor backstage. And the funny thing is that they can hear Kyung Ho before they see him. One of the dancers had seen the drama Kyung Ho was in and wanted a demonstration on one of Kyung Ho’s popular scenes (he didn’t have a big role but his scenes were very popular) and that means Kyung Ho is running around and holding a paper airplane in his hand, keeping his arm up to pretend it is flying and he is singing some song they had made on the set when filming and the dancer is singing along while clapping his hands.

Maria comes rushing through the corridor, being the first one that those outside the waiting room sees and Kyung Ho has the most clearest laugh when seeing 5 Pieces come hurrying up to him, shouting his name and he thinks he hears Emelia say something in Chinese and the dancers in the corridor laughs too as no one seem to get such a bright greeting as Kyung Ho. He holds his arms to his chest, prepares himself when Maria runs right into him, embracing him for a hug and tells him to run seconds later for no one else to greet him; but Hannah is close behind and she embraces them both.

“Kyung Ho~” Carolina cheers, not hugging him but still happy that everyone else is happy and Kyung Ho is laughing so much over the craziness that the strength in his legs are disappearing. It’s only Hannah and Maria who hugs him; Emelia gives him a cool hand shake and Julia just gives him a wave, but he keeps laughing when Maria pinches his cheeks and says he has gained some more weight.

“Such a bright welcome,” dancer Shiwan smirks at them, having his arms crossed over his chest.

“Of course,” Hannah smiles at Kyung Ho, nodding at him to come with her inside the room. “Did you eat something?”

“Four people have asked me since I came,” Kyung Ho happily answers. He is excited to be welcomed like this. “Nuna, I watched you on MTV. It was really fun.”

“You watched Life of Pieces? Do you really have time for that?”

Kyung Ho nods and then smiles brightly when seeing the other ladies in the room asking him about the episode he saw. “I was supposed to pack for this trip, but I had to see it… Maria Nuna is always the funniest.”

“I am?” Maria asks in a light tone, putting a hand to her chest by the compliment. Emelia rolls her eyes at the leader liking the attention from the boy.

“You always seem to be so bossy,” Kyung Ho answers like the child he is and there are several of people in the room laughing at his comment. Carolina laughs extra loud to be heard when she says that is so true.

“Well, Maria being bossy, where have we heard that before?” Manager Lee smirks when walking by them to go get something.

“Oh please, Oppa, I am the boss so it is only natural for me to be bossy,” Maria tells him, very confident about herself. She then winks at Kyung Ho. “I like your style, boy, what do you say about us watching that movie tonight instead?”

“Can we?” Kyung Ho looks excited, but it is Hannah he looks up to ask if they can watch the movie.

“If you are awake, sure,” Hannah shrugs her shoulders. She is happy he is here, like a little sun shining up the whole arena for them.

Backstage while getting ready, Kyung Ho gets to tell them about his experience to film a commercial in China for the first time. He has done a few in Korea by now, but this is his first abroad and he is excitedly telling them about the small things that have made him laugh, fascinated and curious.

 

During the press-conference they are asked what they look forward to the most with the concert here in Shanghai and Hannah can’t stop smiling when Carolina answers; “We can’t wait to meet the energetic fans.” It’s true. During the day they had been told that their fans have been singing loudly outside in the rain, their staff even filming it to let the ladies see it. Surely, nothing is more exciting than to see your own fans singing their favourite songs right before the concert.

The ladies are all dressed up for the concert to begin, wearing their black y fitting outfits of a lace-up front lace tank top and lace-hem cropped pants and the high heels of course. None of them have put on the white boxing robes just yet when walking around backstage, waiting and warming up for the concert. Hannah is smiling backstage, watching Kyung Ho being taught by stylist Yong Hyun how to use a fedora hat the perfect way. Kyung Ho is facing the mirror, standing on a chair to not be hidden by the table, and Yong Hyun is standing behind him to show how to place the black fedora hat on his head to still show the styled hair (that Yong Hyun also had fixed) and Kyung Ho looks really stylish in the fedora hat he got to borrow from Hannah, a clean t-shirt and boyish jeans.

“If you only were ten years older,” Yong Hyun compliments with a hand waving at his neck. “You look stunning, kid.”

“Oppa, what do you mean ten years older?” Maria laughs happily.

“Beside, you got someone already,” Hannah reminds him.

“I’m just saying,” Yong Hyun rolls his eyes at them. Kyung Ho is smiling when hearing them talk. He knows the stylist is gay and he keeps smiling when Yong Hyun leans towards him (Kyung Ho is still standing on the chair). “Jae Eun is ier than Hannah’s boyfriend, 100 times. I can show you a picture.”

Hannah is shaking her head when Kyung Ho turns to look at her, and Yong Hyun picks up his cell phone to find the best picture he has with his boyfriend. Hannah has seen Yong Hyun’s so-called boyfriend and she can agree on that he is hot, but hotter than her own? No way.

“Ladies, are you ready to take a picture before Kyung Ho has to go take a seat?” Manager Kim asks when peeking inside the room. “Where’s Julia?”

“Bathroom,” Emelia answers first and she gets up on her feet, waving for the others to come outside to the corridor where they will take the picture. Hannah heads up to Kyung Ho, holding his arm when he jumps down from the chair and he holds on to her hand when following her out.

“I should wear the hat, right? Hyung said it looked good…” Kyung Ho asks her when they walk through the door.

“It looks good, but don’t wear it during the concert,” Hannah answers, moving her hand out of his to place it on his shoulder instead. Maria is still in the room, texting someone so she hasn’t even left the sofa yet and she shouts an answer when Emelia calls for her. Since it takes several minutes for everyone to gather, Hannah and Kyung Ho take a picture just the two of them first. A photographer from SM Entertainment is always along on the concerts to take pictures backstage and during the actual concert, which SM can upload on Facebook, sell to magazines or other things, maybe for the future. She is the one taking the picture of Hannah and Kyung Ho too, with Hannah standing with her arm around the short boy’s shoulders and both of them smiling.

“You look so good in that,” Maria compliments him when she comes outside to the corridor. “Who are taking pictures? Just the six of us?”

“You want someone else to come?” Emelia mutters when standing on Kyung Ho’s other side, obviously putting two fingers above his head for the camera while everyone are taking their positions. Julia comes jogging up to them as well, brightly linking arm with Emelia while Maria and Carolina stands on Hannah’s other side. Kyung Ho gets to stand in front of them now, all of them linking arms or something behind him for the first picture before their manager tells them to take a picture in their original positions. Hannah walks over to their left side, Kyung Ho still in the middle and they take one picture very ordinary and professional before Carolina on the next photo tells them all to get wild. Hannah laughs when Kyung Ho puts two hands out towards the camera, bending a knee and having this rocker position and the ladies behind him make a pose as well. In the end, they all really look silly.

Kyung Ho gets out of the frame for the ladies to take a picture with just the five of them too.

“y!” he calls out for them when the picture is taken and he claps his hands, making them laugh. Kyung Ho smiles at them, liking how he can make them laugh.

And half an hour later, the concert has begun and 5 Pieces are on the stage, doing the exact thing they love and enjoy and want to do. 5 Pieces are loud. But Shanghai is louder. Not even half way through the song Carolina’s voice begins cracking at her adlibs; Maria thinks she has only herself to blame because Carolina is screaming and she is doing the weirdest adlibs at the weirdest places. She is loosing her sense of where to put adlibs…

Hannah has a blast. She speaks in English, which all of the ladies do beside from when Julia and Emelia shows off by speaking Chinese, and the audience is cheering at every single thing they do. It is a great three-hour concert, not with the extra encore this time as it was only for the opening concert, but the audience would probably be disappointed if they had it anyway because it seems like they really don’t want the concert to come to an end.

A tiny little part of Hannah is happy when the concert ends; she is seriously exhausted from running around, dancing and singing so much. She takes so much energy in the beginning that her body wants to relax during the ballads but then the tough choreographies begins after that so her body is really tired when the final goodbye has ended and they go backstage. But she is happy the concert went well. She can’t wait for tomorrow’s concert, knowing she will have gained energy until then to do just as good as today. Yes, Hannah is happy with how she did at today’s concert. It wasn’t perfect, she did these tiny mistakes but she had a great time and concerts are free that you are allowed to do mistakes as long as no one gets hurt or it disturbs the concert in any way. So she is happy. Satisfied, she can say, with how the concert turned out to be and now when it has ended she looks forward to get into her pyjamas and lie down in bed to watch a movie with the others.

Leaving the arena, Hannah walks with Manager Lee and Julia as they are the first ones to get ready. Kyung Ho is walking further behind, laughing when being taught some weird Chinese words by Emelia that she thinks he can use next time he meets some Chinese members of EXO or another idol-group.

“Which room are you all going to be in for the movie?” Manager Lee asks Hannah and Julia. He wants to know which room to go to if it is too much noise or if he wants to make sure they don’t stay up for too long.

“Probably the biggest,” Julia shrugs her shoulder, smiling up at the security man opening the door for her. She is about to say something over her shoulder when a roar outside interrupts her and Julia smiles even wider when beginning to wave her hand. Manager Lee puts a hand on her back for her to keep walking, making sure Hannah walks out the door too. She looks shocked, maybe impressed.

It isn’t just a few fans waiting outside, standing on both sides and around the van and car parked nearest the entrance; it must be close to a hundred if not more. Cheering, screaming and some seem to even be chanting something. Hannah follows Julia’s example by waving her hand to them, or she waves both her hands to all sides while hearing Manager Lee tell her to get inside the van. Hannah stops by the slide-door though, turning around to see when the others come out and she smiles when seeing that Emelia had put on the fedora hat on Kyung Ho – the hat belongs to Hannah, but she wasn’t going to wear it when leaving the concert so Emelia wanted to use it, but she has now put it on the boy’s head as protection from hawk eyes – and Hannah gets inside the van when Kyung Ho runs straight up to them while the other ladies waves to the fans.

They all sit down in the van, taking down the windows to wave goodbye to their fans (it has stopped to rain) and with big, tired and satisfied smiles, they head back to the hotel. To their surprise, fans are at the hotel too. It is a little scary.

“So whose room is the biggest?” Manager Lee sighs with arms crossed over his chest when they are walking the corridor.

“Mine,” Julia answers, making the manager almost glare at her. She couldn’t have said that earlier when he asked? “But we are going to be in Emelia’s room.”

“What are we talking about?” Maria wonders, eating chips from a tiny bag.

“I’m asking where you are going to watch the movie you have been talking about for days,” Manager Lee sighs.

“Ah, why, you want to join? You are welcome, Oppa. Mi Young said she is coming too,” Maria is teasing him again and Hannah can see how Kyung Ho is smiling at them. He seems to really like how they are always teasing each other. “Wait, why just the room EM and I share? Julia’s room is bigger.”

“Because I want a room to go lie down in when I get tired,” Julia mumbles.

Hannah covers Kyung Ho’s ears as a joke when they all start to argument on where to watch the movie. He looks up at her, wondering in a low voice if they should watch the movie in his room instead, as he doesn’t mind doing that. But his manager says his room is smaller…

In the end they watch the movie in Emelia and Maria’s room. Just because Maria found it tiring to have to go back and forth from the rooms when she gets tired and wants to sleep.

“Nuna,” Kyung Ho mentions twenty minutes later when everyone have gathered in the room and are waiting for the movie to begin. It is Hannah he looks at. “It’s your birthday tomorrow; will you celebrate it on stage?”

The innocent child has brought it up, and Emelia touches his arm for the boy to look at her instead. “Your Nuna has been very serious for us to not celebrate her birthday other than a cake backstage. She has threatened and whined and been very annoying when making us promise to not do any big deal of it.”

“Oh…”

“If I could decide,” Hannah opens but is then interrupted by Carolina;

“You all smashed cake in my face on my birthday, why can’t we do the same to the magnae?”

“Because you like those things and I don’t,” Hannah mutters.

“No one ever say they like cake in their face,” stylist Mi Young mentions.

“Anyway,” Hannah speaks loudly, putting up her hands, “If I could decide, I wouldn’t celebrate my birthday in any possible way. Instead, we should focus on the concert and afterwards celebrate our black and white concur in Shanghai.”

Maria looks impressed. “Well said, baby. Maybe we should let you do speeches more often.”

Hannah reaches her tongue out at her, making Kyung Ho laugh and imitate her and the others laugh at how cute he is while Hannah pushes him down in the bed. She had almost forgotten it; tomorrow is her birthday… Hannah grimaces with dislike by the reminder.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 25th: 5 Pieces Poses Like A Hip Hop Group At The Airport To Shanghai

Headline 25th: New SBS Drama ‘Mr and Miss’ Confirms 5 Pieces’ Hannah For The Cast

Headline 25th: 5 Pieces’ Hannah To Return To Acting As An Agent In ‘Mr and Miss’

Headline 25th: Julia Says Goodbye On M Countdown With [Party Tonight]

Headline 25th: 5 Pieces’ Reality Show ‘Life of Pieces’ Opens Worldwide Season 4 With Double Episodes

Headline 25th: ‘Life of Pieces’ Airs 5 Pieces’ Working Hard In Japan And Practicing Themselves Tired For [WHO-I AM]

Headline 25th: 5 Pieces’ Is Doing Everything From Solo Promotions, Japanese Promotions To Concert Preparations & Commercial Filming

Headline 25th: ‘Life of Pieces’ Airs Teaser For Next Week’s Episode Of Interesting Japanese Drama Filming

 

Headline 26th: JYJ’s Jaejoong & 5 Pieces’ Hannah Will Act In The Same Drama

Headline 26th: 5 Pieces Shows [WHO-I AM] On Music Bank + Julia’s Goodbye Stage

 

Headline 27th: 5 Pieces’ Are Soldiers On Music Core With [WHO-I AM] + Julia’s [Party Tonight] Goodbye Stage

Headline 27th: ‘We Got Married’ Wives Goes On A Cooking Lesson Together In Tonight’s Episode

Headline 27th: Shanghai Is BLACK & WHITE For 5 Pieces’ Concert Tonight

Headline 27th: China Taken Over By 5 Pieces’ BLACK & WHITE Wave Wherever You Look

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

X. devonalias

OMG thank you so much for subscribing~~

How am I supposed to thank you enough? XD Thanks~~~~~~