Chapter 20

Youngest of Pieces: [WHO- I AM] (8)

 

After a few days practicing the choreography for [Run Out], 5 Pieces is on Thursday filming the promotion video (PV) for it. Hannah has changed the colour of her hair a little, mixing her blonde hair colour with some dark (almost black or dark brown), keeping her long center parted hair while Maria’s long hair and fringe has gone from light brown to light orange and Julia’s hair has gotten even shorter in a short spiky pixie cut and she has changed the colour to golden brown; but Julia still makes the longer hair at the top of her head stand up in a Mohawk style for this video filming, differently from how she has previously done but still a Mohawk style. Emelia is sticking to her really long black hair as she thinks it fits her image and Carolina keeps her hair short (to her ears) as a boy’s hairstyle in dark brown.

With their small changes (constant changes changes), 5 Pieces spends the day filming. When they start filming the sun hasn’t even peeked out behind the buildings and during the day the girls’ steps outside from the filming studio to feel the chilly air and the warm sun.

One time during the day when Hannah steps outside to go from the trailer they use as changing room to go to the filming studio a bit down the alley, she sees Maria standing and being interviewed by one of the cameras filming for their Japanese DVD that the girls now have been told will be called “5 Pieces – Stories from Japan”. Clips of it might be shown on TV and other things, but that is the main reason for the filming.

Hannah approaches from the side, walking by behind the camera so Maria sees her; both girls are wearing the same matching dark playsuit looking outfits (in black and glittering black fabrics) with over-the-knee boots with not such a high heel. The camera films only Maria and how Maria follows Hannah with her eyes, pausing from talking just briefly before she continues to try explain the concept of the promotion video – in Japanese. Maria is starting to smile when seeing Hannah stepping up to stand next to the man filming, not being filmed herself but observing Maria being filmed. The leader is trying her best to speak Japanese, which was probably why Hannah stopped; to hear if the leader is doing well or if she is just messing up. When failing to say a sentence, Maria starts to sing the song instead just randomly, and her voice definitely is much, much, much better than her Japanese so Hannah thinks no one who sees this will complain anything about the leader’s lacking Japanese when she can sing so well. Maria still ends up laughing because Hannah is moving her head to the song she is singing and Maria laughs when pointing at Hannah.

“You mess me up,” the leader tries to say in Japanese and Hannah laughs too, stepping up next to Maria to not make the camera-man have to turn the camera back and forth.

“You did well, I promise,” Hannah tells her friend, using Japanese.

Though the girl-group started their activities in Japan not using much of the Japanese language among each other, they are doing better by speaking Japanese now – probably mostly because they have cameras around them all the time so it is like the agencies are spying on them to see if they actually are trying or if they just doesn’t care – and Hannah is happy that her members are learning each day so they all can speak together instead of just her and Emelia. Hannah has no problem speaking Japanese, she isn’t fluent but she can still stay in conversations, so it would be fun if she could speak with her members without having the feeling that they can’t understand her. Being better than others is no fun unless you can enjoy it.

“I was introducing our new song, so now when you are here, help me out,” Maria says to Hannah – this time in Korean (much easier and natural).

Before Hannah can give a response, Maria starts to sing [Run Out]. She sings the chorus so when Hannah knows they are introducing the song by singing it, she follows along with the leader who is moving her hand randomly and Hannah smiles when Maria starts to change the tone a little – making it sounds funny – and Hannah follows the new tone to put it in another level and all of a sudden it is a completely different song. Maria sings a few words and then points at Hannah who sings the next words and at the end of the chorus Maria sings an adlib. With her voice rising higher and higher, Hannah can hear when it is hitting the final note with a crack and laughter so before that happens, Hannah covers Maria’s mouth to make her stop. The two girls laugh and slightly apologizes while commenting on that what they just sang was not the song, saying the real [Run Out] is completely different; charismatic and cool.

“But we have to go now,” Hannah interrupts and starts to push Maria towards the filming studio.

“Why?” Maria looks confused, thinking they are having fun fooling around.

Hannah looks speechless at the leader. “Filming…” she answers slowly, they both speaking Japanese now. “We have a dance scene to film.”

“Oh, right, I completely forgot,” Maria laughs and excuses her self and Hannah to the camera-man before holding on to Hannah’s wrist to go there.

“You seriously forgot we are here to film the PV for [Run Out] while you were promoting it for the camera?” Hannah laughs when the two girls are hurrying inside.

“Come on, we are doing things each day; I can’t keep track on everything now, can I?” Maria answers in her diva tone. Hannah giggles at her friend, entertained by Maria’s way to talk and how the tall girl is waving her hands, and because Maria seemed to have forgotten what they have been doing for the whole day.

The members shoots the dance scene a few times, in between they check what they just filmed on the monitor together with the PD before stepping up to film the scene once again. Once time the members’ stands there and waits to be told they will re-do it a final time when Carolina starts to randomly dance when she sees the camera-man who films the making of. Julia is standing next to her with her hands on her hips, looking at Carolina without being entertained at all. Carolina laughs by herself when she stops dancing and points at the camera filming from the side, mouthing ‘it’s for you’.

“Idiot,” Emelia tells her in Japanese and for that simple word, Maria gives out a short but loud laugh. Because of Maria’s sudden reaction, Hannah laughs too and she turns around to look at her members as she had missed Carolina’s weird dance so she actually doesn’t know what the laugh is for.

“Are you ready to try it again?” the PD asks the girls and the answer comes out as a reflex from the five ladies;

“Yes!”

 

After a few more hours, the camera-man walks up to Hannah and Julia who are sitting on the side and waiting to start filming again. Hannah happily waves to the camera and Julia does it too, both of them smiling so the camera-man asks them if they are having fun filming.

“It’s always fun,” Hannah answers, speaking in Japanese. “Carolina kept laughing during the scene we were running, so it took time to film it.”

“Do you think the PV will turn out well?” he asks them.

Hannah looks at Julia, but Julia just quietly looks back without saying anything so Hannah turns to look at the camera-man again. “Everyone is working hard on it and the set is really amazingly done, so we all think the PV will turn out amazing too. We hope for that.”

She gives the thumb up when she is done talking and Julia sitting next to her mutters in Korean for the camera to not catch it that she is hungry. They are waiting to get dinner so there is no question that they are hungry.

It doesn’t take long until the girls are sitting around a table and eating. Their manager comes up to them with a paper that he puts down on the table between the boxes of take-away food. With mouth filled with food, Maria asks what it is while Emelia picks up the paper to look at it. It is a printed newspaper page, and Emelia starts to cough so the little food she was chewing on almost spits out over the table and she starts to hit herself on the chest to be able to swallow with the others asking what it is, curious to know.

Emelia starts to read;

’5 Pieces is the future’,” she says in English, reading what is says. “It’s from an American magazine. ‘The five Swedish girls of the girl-group 5 Pieces have been taking over the world with the hit song [Daze] that most people around the world must have danced along to by now. Unlike any other group today, 5 Pieces takes on the stage with professionalism, power and strength and they can make an audience with thousand of people start to dance and jump along to their music. Singing about the unfair world with people only thinking of looks and money and getting criticism if you look different, 5 Pieces shocked America and the rest of the world when releasing the song [Daze] with a music video and concept of each five member in tattoos while singing about how each person puts them in a daze with their individuality and differences.

During their short visit to America back in January, 5 Pieces made several of appearances on some of the best shows to perform their song and they impressed with their live singing skills as well as dancing and stage presence that America is now asking for more.

But what is 5 Pieces really?

The girl-group was formed back in 2008 when joining a South Korean audition, that after a few months let the group sign a contract with one of the K-Pop agencies in Korea. Five years later, 5 Pieces is today one of the leading groups of the growing Hallyu Wave that includes Korean top artists like PSY, Girls’ Generation and 2NE1 (and 5 Pieces isn’t even Korean!). The girl-group creates a so-called ‘5P Craze’ to each country they visit, including countries in Asia and Europe, and with their latest hit [Daze] the group have become a world sensation.

Only 20 years old, the five friends have become more than just artists but also icons, as their music and styles have changed teens all around the world. They give confidence and strength to listeners and fans, being an icon loved all around the world...

The magazine basically ends by saying that 5 Pieces is taking a road with more people liking us for each day…” Emelia reads through what’s written after reading a lot of it, tired of reading it out loud. “And the headline said we are the future.”

Hannah gives out a giggle and Maria seems to like it too.

“’5 Pieces is the future’,” Maria repeats happily, eating some chicken. “I like that.”

“I hope that doesn’t mean we have to start promoting in the US at the same time just because they suddenly like one of our songs,” Julia complains, imagining the girls going back and forth between the US, Japan and Korea each week for promotions here and there. She gets exhausted just thinking of all that.

“Maybe we can have a world tour or something,” Maria suggests with a shrug, “Though it does sound a little distant to have a concert in the US … Like in Los Angeles or something.”

“Imagine performing just the five of us in Los Angeles with American people in the audience, all there for us – not SM Town or K-Pop, but 5 Pieces,” Carolina dreams away and for once, the other girls follows her imagination with silly smiles. Maria is the first to laugh, shaking her head and continuing to eat while saying it seems too distant. The others agree, laughing at it.

They have performed in both Los Angeles and New York at concerts, with SM Town. And it was huge and amazing, mostly because they shared the experience with some of Korea’s biggest idols (SM Town). To actually have their own concert there is still far from their sight, but that doesn’t mean they don’t love to imagine having it.

That printed paper their manager had come with is handed from person to person during dinner; everyone admiring it and Hannah probably reads it four times that evening, definitely not used to all the attention that America all of a sudden is giving to them.

But their managers say that SM Entertainment has no plans of changing 5 Pieces’ schedule to satisfy the Americans that suddenly likes this song. The girl-group will focus on their Japanese activities for now and then prepare their second tour for [Black & White], and the ladies are preparing solo things after that. Maria will probably release a solo album and Carolina is rumoured among the managers to be preparing a solo debut too, and Hannah of course is going to release her second book.

“Hurry!” Hannah laughs and pushes a slow moving Carolina out of her way.

Dinner is done for most of them, and Hannah is in a hurry to watch the live broadcast of M Countdown – because today is SHINee’s comeback stage. Carolina had just finished eating and slowly headed to where some of the others had prepared to watch the broadcast so when Hannah (who had finished eaten earlier and gotten to the bathroom a little quick) wants to rush to not miss the stage, Carolina is of course in the way.

Hannah doesn’t miss the performance. She sits down on a chair next to Maria, both of their eyes glued on the screen once SHINee’s performance starts off. Others in the staff stops too to watch the boy-group perform their two songs.

Once the performance is over; actually, two hours after the performance, Maria is walking around and sulking over that Taemin hasn’t responded to her text message that she sent to congratulate him about the comeback. Maria – as the good friend and junior – texted all five members in SHINee to congratulate them on their comeback performance, and Taemin is the only one not responding. Though she later finds out that Taemin wanted to know how she would react if he didn’t response as he noticed all the other members responding…

“Poor Taemin,” Emelia mutters when Maria has just finished a furious call that contained a lot of words that should never be mentioned and then a lot of words that … well, just letters spoken out furiously.

Taemin has learnt his lesson: do not ever, ever, ignore Maria’s texts if she is congratulating you.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

Day two filming ends early because most of it is just filming solo parts, though the group goes to do the jacket shoot after that. The behind the scenes camera films some hilarious shots of 5 Pieces during the final filming; when Hannah films her part, the other members are on the side and shouting cheerfully for her to make her blush and get embarrassed and later the staff gets entertained by some acapella singing lead by 5 Pieces’ mascot Carolina – which means Maria doesn’t follow and Hannah follows Maria, so just like the day before when they stood outside and sang a strange version of [Run Out], 5 Pieces ends up just messing around and making everyone there laugh.

5 Pieces doesn’t have much time to do anything that day beside from [Run Out]. They have two hours Japanese lesson before going home to sleep, and the next morning they head to Korea to work some more.

At 12:00 and 15:00, 5 Pieces promotes their latest commercial for a skin product alongside SNSD in Seoul at a store. With SNSD and 5 Pieces together, there are a lot of fans and media present at both events and all of the girls are smiling and talking kindly and giving girly laughs while promoting the skin product; and Hannah keeps checking the time.

SHINee is having their comeback stage on Music Core today and since 5 Pieces are in Korea today they promised to come and show their support. Hannah is nervous to not get there in time because Jonghyun has been texting her the whole day about it, to make sure she will be there.

 

Meanwhile Hannah is worrying over the time; Jonghyun is backstage at Music Core. He laughs at something a staff member says when he is walking through the corridor; walking with a manager through the corridor. Jonghyun is like always talkative and friendly, talking to his manager and exchanging greetings with the familiar staff while his voice gets lower whenever a rookie group greets him – though he looks just as confident the whole time. Jonghyun stretches out his arms when reaching the hall, his eyes scanning through the small crowds in there.

Among a lot of teenage girls and also some blue-haired European, there is a short little boy that starts to smile adorably when seeing Jonghyun. Jonghyun waves at the boy to come over, and Jonghyun keeps smiling when looking at the little boy as they start walking side to side back to SHINee’s dressing-room.

“Are you some celebrity or something? What’s up with the cap?” Jonghyun teases and puts a heavy hand on top of the boy’s head, where he has been hiding under a cap. The boy puts his both hands on his own head, looking down because of the big, heavy hand annoying him.

“You taught it to me,” the little Korean brother of 5 Pieces – Kim Kyung Ho – answers the idol and manages to look up at Jonghyun when the older one pulls off the cap to see the pretty little face with baby cheeks and eyes that annoyingly reminds Jonghyun of Minho.

“I taught you well.”

Kyung Ho smiles over Jonghyun’s comment. To be friend with idols, just eight years old and wanting to start a career on his own, Kyung Ho has gotten tips from Jonghyun on how to meet his friends without showing his face – wearing a cap and scarf is good during winter.

“Hannah said she will come later, but our room is your room, okay?” Jonghyun tells Kyung Ho with a hand on the boy’s shoulder while they are walking backstage.

“Hannah said she might not come,” Kyung Ho comments with a confused face-expression. “She is still at the event…”

The boy can see how Jonghyun doesn’t like to hear that, but for someone so young he doesn’t really understand it. Jonghyun just nods and touches the boy’s cheek, saying she will come.

“Look who’s here everyone!” Jonghyun calls out to get everyone’s attention when he steps inside the room backstage where SHINee along with their stylists and managers are, and though Jonghyun is almost as close to Kyung Ho as Hannah is, the little boy haven’t met the other members in SHINee more than a few times.

He is a polite boy and Jonghyun looks super proud when the boy starts to bend his back down for a bow to everyone, greeting them all politely. Taemin ruffles his hair and within seconds Jonghyun knows that the little boy is like an adorable addiction as everyone in the room is giving him attention. The members in SHINee like the honesty of Kyung Ho; asking him all kind of things, both about Jonghyun and Hannah and also about school and even the clothes the idols are wearing for their [Dream Girl] stage. Kyung Ho makes them laugh.

After talking for some time backstage, Taemin laughs for himself as he thinks he understands why Hannah and Kyung Ho get along so well – and why Jonghyun is so attached to the boy too. Kyung Ho is just like Hannah; when getting a simple question as ‘what do you think of my clothes today?’ and Kyung Ho looks at the clothes as if he doesn’t really understand the question, which also Hannah does. Both of them are honest, innocent and simple but both also have this ‘I-am-hiding-something’ about them, and just like Hannah is easy to love, Kyung Ho is quickly loved in the crew even if he doesn’t do much at all.

Kyung Ho stays backstage when it is SHINee’s turn on stage. The boy keeps his eyes on Jonghyun when seeing the idol excited for the comeback, but unable to really smile, which Kyung Ho guess he knows the reason for as he sees Jonghyun constantly check his cell phone.

Hannah hasn’t come yet.

While SHINee’s stage has started, Kyung Ho is sitting in the sofa backstage and having one of the stylists sitting next to him; everyone left in the room looking at the TV-screen on the wall. The boy looks cute sitting in the sofa with his feet not reaching down the floor and schoolbag put next to him – at first he sat down with jacket and bag on, but Jonghyun almost forced it off to make the boy feel more comfortable. His head looking to his left on the screen turns to the right when hearing familiar voices outside the door. He looks nervous but smiles widely when Maria comes almost running inside the room, followed by the other members of 5 Pieces that all seem to have been rushing. They could see and hear on their way through the building that SHINee’s performance had already started, so they were in deep hurry to get in the room to not miss it.

“How much did we miss? Oh, that’s hot!” is the first thing Carolina says when coming inside. The first question was when looking through the room and the comment after was when she saw a close-up of Onew on the TV-screen.

With low greetings the girls sits down in the room to watch the performance. Hannah saw Kyung Ho almost the moment she went through the door and quietly she sits down next to him and gives him a hug while trying to watch the performance. Kyung Ho is quiet, which he isn’t when he usually meets Hannah, so for some reason she just keeps caressing his back while they watch the performance.

The boy likes to be with Hannah’s friends. Especially with 5 Pieces because each member is so unique and funny and even while watching SHINee’s performance, Kyung Ho smiles when hearing the members giving impressed sounds and compliments about it.

When the members of SHINee come back to the room after their comeback performance, everyone claps their hands to them and congratulates them on a great stage. Key has a must to compliment Emelia on her ripped jeans – all four ladies that are present are in sponsored clothes from being at the skin care event – and while the male diva is making his voice heard in the room together with Emelia and Minho’s, Kyung Ho gives out a laughing squeal when Jonghyun lifts him up and almost throws him up in the ceiling.

“How much did you miss?” Jonghyun asks Hannah when putting Kyung Ho down on his feet, only giving Hannah a glance and his tone is not happy. “Or did you come after the performance?”

“We just missed the beginning. And I did tell you I would be late, so don’t be upset over that,” Hannah lightly tells him and gives him a congratulating hug – though she feels that he isn’t hugging her back, not that he seems interested in what she answered. She ignores that and instead congratulates Taemin who looks satisfied; he asks her if she also thought he looked the best during today’s performance (Carolina had apparently told him that, but Hannah had also heard Carolina tell Onew the same thing) and once again he gets to experience what he earlier thought made Kyung Ho remind him of Hannah; a question-mark face-expression that she gives while delaying an answer. Maria couldn’t come as she had a solo song to record in the studio, but the ladies who are there are making sure her lack of presence won’t matter.

After congratulating the comeback team, Hannah sits down in the sofa, listening to conversations and watching the others from the side. Jonghyun seems a little upset over that she was late; not talking to her, but Hannah can take that for now. She is happy that Kyung Ho is here; the little boy sits down on Hannah’s lap in the sofa and she holds her arms around him, resting her chin on his back while looking at the room over his shoulder, the two of them being in their own world while quietly talking. Hannah smiles when seeing his small hands describing a drawing he had made in class and that the teacher couldn’t understand what it was and Kyung Ho saying it was a puppy – 5 Pieces’ puppy Michin.

“I wanted to tell you something,” Kyung Ho whispers to Hannah with his head turned to the side for just her to hear. He is touching her hand with his small fingers, touching the two rings she has on her left ring finger.

“Tell me what?” Hannah whispers with a smile.

“I got the role,” he whispers, sounding to hide his excitement but she can hear the laughter in his voice. “A woman called my teacher and said that I was the best on the audition and asked me to come and go through my role and script.”

He is still whispering when tell her that, and Hannah looks like she is going to cry. So many auditions he has gone to for the past year and he has been so amazing to go on so many different auditions and being strong when not getting any of the parts beside from one. Kyung Ho laughs when she hugs him and says it’s great, saying she is so happy for him and asking which role it was – as he goes to so many auditions she has some trouble to keep track on everything.

“It’s for a movie. I will film starting March… I will play the kid-next-door, and I will meet the others next month too. And…” Kyung Ho is excitedly telling her when he suddenly stops and starts to laugh because Emelia steps up to them and grabs his feet to lift them up so the boy falls back in Hannah’s arms while laughing. He has an adorable giggling laugh that babies usually have, and Emelia gives out a sound that is her way to tell him that he is adorable.

“You should tell her,” Hannah whispers to the laughing boy.

“Tell who what?” Emelia wonders, squeezing in to sit next to them. Kyung Ho leans to the side, putting on hand by Emelia’s ear to whisper to her what he just told Hannah. “Oh lord, are you serious?!”

Kyung Ho laughs over the overly bright yet strange word-choice reaction from Emelia, and when she wants to hug him he tries to slink away from it and ends up having his fall down between Hannah’s leg and the armrest on the other side, and Hannah groans when Emelia leans over her to continue try hug the boy.

“What’s going on?” others in the room are curious.

“I got a movie role,” Kyung Ho laughs under Emelia, his eyes squeezed together and smile huge with puffy cheeks and his tiny body is being crushed in Emelia’s slim but apparently strong arms. In the up-coming cheer of people congratulating the boy (they all seem to know he has gone on hundreds of auditions without any success) Hannah complains under Emelia and Kyung Ho that it is getting heavy.

With SHINee still heaving a schedule and 5 Pieces going on dinner, Hannah gets upset when everyone is getting ready to leave because Jonghyun is still upset with her. They all have already taken a picture together for SM’s Facebook page to show 5 Pieces supporting their seniors and friends.

“Why are you angry at me?” she asks him with her arms crossed over her chest, leaning to the side to see his face when he is doing something on the Ipad, both of them standing up at the corner of the room without grabbing any attention. “I came, didn’t I?”

“Even Kyung Ho came in time; and he took the bus in this traffic,” Jonghyun mutters without looking at her.

Hannah opens to say something but closes it. She didn’t know Kyung Ho took the bus. Isn’t he too young? She re-thinks; this isn’t about Kyung Ho.

“You knew I would be late. Isn’t it good to know that I did come and that I did want to come? I missed the beginning, so what? I practically ran here.”

“It’s just… I wanted your support on this comeback. Getting a text doesn’t live up to if you actually are here. And tomorrow is the last comeback stage, for which you won’t be able to come to either,” Jonghyun answers while continuing to mutter.

“You are silly.”

He looks up at her by that comment and Hannah sighs.

“It’s not like I can change my schedule or something, alright? I maybe didn’t come before the performance, but I’m here now, aren’t I? And if you don’t want my texts I can stop sending them.”

Jonghyun sighs now, knowing that his mood has upset her and he says it wasn’t like that he meant.

“That’s how I heard it,” Hannah is fast to answer, her eyes stuck on his. When she get upset, like annoyed, she doesn’t break eye-contact, and Jonghyun usually doesn’t break eye-contact, so they are both looking at each other with some kind of annoyance.

“I compared being here and sending a text – that’s a difference. If you can’t come or if you are on your way, I love to get your texts. I just wanted you here,” Jonghyun tries to explain quietly. Hannah looks like she is going to pout at him, but since he still seems upset over that she came a little late, Hannah doesn’t pout or says anything, especially since she hears 5 Pieces’ manager call that they are leaving so she walks away without anything else. She gives Taemin a hug though, telling her friend quietly that he was the best on stage (for his confidence) before giving leaving with her members, and also Kyung Ho who will go on dinner with them.

 

“Did you really take the bus?” Hannah wonders when they are at the restaurant; four members of 5 Pieces, one manager and Kyung Ho.

“I took the bus,” Kyung Ho nods, his eyes follow Carolina as she doesn’t seem to be chewing the food she puts in and swallows. He seems amazed by it.

“I thought your family is rich,” Emelia comments, “can’t you get like … a private driver or something?”

“Yes… But then I would have to explain to the driver where I am going and why and he would have to explain it to my parents.”

“Your parents don’t know you are here?” Carolina looks like she is going to spit out all the food she has shoved in .

Hannah and Emelia shares a glance before the youngest of the members looks at Kyung Ho. But he doesn’t look to have a problem with the subject; he likes the girls, so he can talk to them.

“None of them are at home now. And they don’t really know about my acting. Because my teacher helps me, she tells them I am getting extra help in school,” Kyung Ho answers. “So they probably would think I am studying.”

“Now I know why you two are so close,” Julia mumbles for herself in Swedish while looking at the food. “You both have parent-issues.”

Hannah gives her a glare, glad that Kyung Ho doesn’t understand.

She is happy though that the dinner ends well. Kyung Ho gets to talk a little and she gets to see him smile and hear him laugh, and he is eating well too; not as Carolina, but good compared to how he used to eat in the past. After dinner, 5 Pieces (all five members) goes to some college performance at 9PM; they perform [Daze] and Hannah performs [I CRY].

After the college performance, Maria heads back to SM Entertainment to continue record the ballad [Lies] in the studio that she had worked on before, and instead of going home with the others, Hannah also goes to the agency.

Performing [I CRY] always makes Hannah emotional. During today’s performance she had performed in front of people in their early 20s, which means they are around the same age as 5 Pieces. To perform in front of hundreds of people that didn’t come there just to see 5 Pieces but for the ceremony but still enjoyed the performances… Hannah loves it. To stand on stage – even if she stood alone – and sing a ballad with several people in the audience looking to either be singing along or film, it does feel good to sing in front of that audience, even if a few there were totally uninterested. It’s been five years; Hannah is used to different audiences.

She goes to the empty practice room, turning on the lamps and prepares music. She loves the silence to be there at night; there is this feeling that makes you think you should be quiet but yet know that no one will hear you so you must make some sound. Hannah likes it. And she misses the time when she always used to practice on her own; at that time when they had more time to practice and study than being surrounded by cameras. The music that plays comes from her Ipod, and the first song is the duet she sang with Jonghyun last summer – [Get Your Kiss]. It hasn’t been released in a single or album though you can get it online; it was just a song Jonghyun produced to perform at SHINee’s concert (and SM Town’s concert) last year. Hannah wanders around in the room slowly while listening to the song, singing along to her parts; singing both low and high. Hannah’s way to release stress is to practice: practice singing and practice dancing or going to the gym, doing something that can make her sweat it off or in the case of singing she can sing instead of just scream out.

Hearing Jonghyun’s voice in the song makes her upset. He got upset at her for being late when she had told him that she would be late because of the event she was on before; she told him that several days ago. Yet he got upset over it. It’s not like she didn’t want to come, she did tell her members once the event was over to just run to the van and get on the road. She had even been looking at the clock in the morning when they were on the plane from Japan to Korea, like seriously, the whole day she just wanted to come to Music Core and sit there and watch the performance from backstage with a smile. Though she had come there and seen the performance and congratulated him on the comeback, Jonghyun was upset because she hadn’t gotten there earlier. Seriously?

“How can you get upset over such a thing?” Hannah asks out loud, frustrated.

She is tired and exhausted, her thoughts are mixing up all kind of languages and it is making her dizzy. She should be home sleeping, but for some reason she doesn’t want to. She has a lot going through in her head. 5 Pieces being asked to go to not just America but Europe and around Asia too for performances, her music video for [I CRY] is receiving way too many views on YouTube, their activities in Japan are fun but she isn’t blind so she knows that her members are struggling with learning the language and not understanding everything, antis are on her since the ballad [It’s OK] in SHINee’s album is with her and Jonghyun (antis can always find new and old things to hate on when it is about 5 Pieces, but it is annoying since it is worn out), and people are still questioning “is 5 Pieces Asian-Wannabes?” and “are they following the typical K-pop girl-group image or not?”, and Hannah’s book is driving her crazy too. Every week she sees that the first book ‘Joe – Under Seoul’s Streets’ is still on the top of the book lists in not just Korea and Sweden but in other countries too, and it is already six or seven months.

Will people expect a lot on the second book?

Should Hannah talk more or less during their activities in Japan?

Will she continue to perform [I CRY] even if a year since its release has passed?

What’s up with the “wannabe” crap going on? Should she react like Emelia or just pretend she doesn’t know about it?

Why is she so tired lately? Should she work out more or less, eat more or less; practice her singing more because her voice is getting strange?

Why does she keep having so many questions being repeated in her head when she can’t even get the time to answer one of them?

Hannah has never liked getting a lot of attention, which is why she enjoys the life being part with 5 Pieces. They are five girls sharing the fame, attention and schedules; solo promotions always makes her nervous and get a dry mouth, but when they are in Japan now it feels like all the cameras during the filming of a show turns more to her than the other members. It makes her nervous as she is always told that she is the face of 5 Pieces in Japan. She should talk a lot, smile and make people recognize her and the group; being the face in Japan. Hannah gets nervous just thinking about it. It makes her think of everything she does; should she smile a little wider, should she make sure the other members greets with the right words and should she take those extra TV appearances to promote the group?

Another song is playing in the room now; [Run Out], the Japanese song for 5 Pieces upcoming album, their title song. Hannah lazily starts to dance to it, not in the mood and she sings her parts, not the same way she have done during the group’s practices but she can hear her voice over the music. She accidentally sings to a few parts that aren’t hers, but it isn’t like anyone is there to judge her.

She is tired. It feels like she wants to hide away from the cameras that always are around her, away from people that always judges and complains. Earlier today she saw on the internet a few screen-shots taken from 5 Pieces’ reality show during their [I Love You] period; the screen-shots where of Hannah resting on top of a bed, half asleep and so, and the person who had uploaded that had commented ‘Hannah was so cute in these selcas’ while Hannah remembers from that time that she had taken a pill to help her with her body pain from the car accident and it made her so tired that she couldn’t even stay awake. She had actually dozen off while filming like that. What others see is not what she sees, and she is at the moment tired of always having to make others see one and the same side of hers; a good side.

In the mirror at the practice-room that Hannah is facing she sees something move behind her. Like a shadow, just briefly, and with a scream she turns around.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 21st: American Magazine Writes “5 Pieces Is The Future”

 

Headline 22nd: 5 Pieces’ Japanese Album Title To Be [Run Out]

 

Headline 23rd: SNSD & 5 Pieces Promotes Skin Care Product At Seoul Event

Headline 23rd: Maria’s Skinship With Hyunsuk Shocks The Other Couples On ‘We Got Married’

Headline 23rd: 5 Pieces Visits SHINee Backstage At Music Core

Headline 23rd: 5 Pieces Performs At College Star Event

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

X. devonalias