Chapter 34.

Three Smiles. (Semi-hiatus)

"Are they a couple?"

"They look so perfect together!"

"He's really handsome!"

"She's really pretty! I envy her boyfriend .."

Whispers followed around Hyori and Zico 2 weeks into school. Even the male and female seniors took interest in Hyori and Zico respectively. They were like the "ullzang freshmen couple", mainly because of their looks and fashion sense.

"This is not how I want to earn my reputation," Hyori whispered as she looked away from the bunch of girls that were glaring at her. "I told them over and over again that we're not a couple and they still don't believe me."

Zico was smirking. Hyori narrowed her eyes. "You've been telling them the same thing .. right?"

However, her heart sank when Zico grinned even wider. Her heart sank even lower when he said the next few words.

"I played along with them."

Hyori gritted her teeth, resisting the urge to knock HIS teeth out.

"Why," she hissed, "did you play along with them?! Now they'll think we're really a couple!"

"Don't you like that?"

"Not one bit."

Zico pouted. "Whatever, the damage has already been done." He looked over and saw a group of girls staring at him. Suddenly, he stretched and brought his arm around Hyori's shoulder, startling her. "What the hell are you doing?"

Zico leaned in. "Making them jealous." He nodded over to the group of girls. Sure enough, their faces turned green with envy and even a sob could be heard.

That made Hyori beyond pissed. "Yah, don't play around with me, okay. We're not a couple, get that fact right in that delusional stone head of yours."

She then grabbed her bag and stalked off. Many pairs of eyes followed her.

"Did they breakup?"

"She looks angry!"

"But she still looks cute even when she's angry."

"Hey, if they breakup, I have a chance with her!"

Hyori felt like screaming. However, she kept shut. She was the freshman here, the noobie. She was nobody compared to the sophomores and seniors.

"Damn you, Woo Jiho," she cursed under her breath.

*

"Hi Hyori," one of her classmates, Ji Sung, greeted her. "Hey," she smiled back.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked, a little hesitantly.

"Go ahead," Hyori replied, though she thought she knew what he was going to ask.

"I was wondering whether .. whether you and Zico are still together?"

It was taking all of Hyori's willpower not to smash a table on his head, partly because he's a cute guy.

"We were never together. Never," she said patiently, yet there was such finality in her voice that made Ji Sung gulp.

"But everyone said-"

"It's a misunderstanding," Hyori said firmly.

"Oh," Ji Sung said. Then, he beamed. "That means I can ask you out on a date right?"

"Ask me out on a- wait what?" Hyori asked, flustered.

"It's okay if we go out on a date, right? Maybe a movie date?" He grinned. Hyori gaped at him. Is this guy for real?

"I-I .." Hyori stammered. "I'm busy today," she lied feebly.

Ji Sung  pouted. "Okay, but you have to tell me when you're free!"

"I'll do that," she smiled weakly.

When he had gone, Zico took up the empty seat next to her. Their classmates glanced at the pair of them before looking away. Hyori sighed in frustration.

"You know, if you just told them the truth, we wouldn't be goggled at like a pair of animals in a cage," she glared at him.

"Sorry honey," he grinned, pinching her nose. Hyori's eyes widened. Zico was never this bold in front of her before. NEVER. And she was never this soft in front of him before too. So why ..?

"Can we go back to who we were in elementary school? I loved you best back then," Hyori grumbled. However, Zico's ears perked up at the word "love".

"Loved? Park Hyori loved me?" He grinned playfully. Hyori froze.

"That's not what I meant! Loved as in me bullying you, not the other way round! And you were so terrified of me back then!"

Zico smiled. "I told you," he leaned in, whispering in her ear, causing Hyori to flinch, "I've tamed the tigress."

*

Hi guys! I know you want a Chen-Hyori scene! :P It'll come! (; I'm making you all torn between Chen-Hyori and Zico-Hyori .. Ehehehehe ~

Btw, my school's starting this coming Tuesday .. May I have time to update! Don't leave me alright! :P