Chapter 41.

Three Smiles. (Semi-hiatus)

Hyori opened her eyes groggily. She felt like she had suffered a terrible hangover. She blinked and looked around the unfamiliar surrounding. Only the moonlight illuminated the dark room. Hyori raised her right arm weakly. A UV drip was connected to it.

A loud snore cause her to turn her head. It was Zico, sprawled out uncomfortably on the small couch.

It took Hyori a few seconds to comprehend everything.

She passed out. Zico caught her before she fell. The voice was real. He took her to the hospital.

"Zico," Hyori called out. Her voice was weak. He didn't budge.

"Zico," Hyori called out a little louder. Then, she started coughing madly, which cause Zico to wake up abruptly mid-snore.

"Hyori!" He stood up quickly and rushed over to her side. Hyori was still coughing, so he quickly made her a glass of water.

"Thanks." She gulped down her drink and sighed.

"Are you feeling better?" He looked at her in concern.

"Yeah," she said quietly, not looking at him in the eye. She felt guilty. Terribly guilty.

There was a long pause.

"I'm sorry," she apologised.

Zico chuckled, sitting down on the edge of her bed. "Why?"

"For troubling you. And .. and lying to you," she mumbled. He smirked.

"We're cool," he grinned, indicating he doesn't wish to bring up the past already. Hyori smiled gratefully.

"You should go home," she told him. He shook his head.

"I promised your mom I'll take care of you."

Hyori's eyes widened. "Mom was here?"

He nodded. "Chen didn't come though," he added before Hyori could ask. He saw her crestfallen look.

"He doesn't know, or else he would have taken over my spot," Zico joked.

Hyori smiled weakly. "Yeah."

They looked at each other for a while. Finally, Zico cleared his throat.

"You should go to sleep."

Hyori nodded. She moved uncomfortably and winced. Zico immediately came to her aid by adjusting her pillow.

"Wish I could make my arm as your pillow," he grinned. He smiled in relief when Hyori rolled her eyes, a sign of her normal self.

Before Hyori fell into a slumber, she mumbled to Zico.

"Stay."

Then, she fell asleep. Zico watched her sleeping figure with an amused smile on his face.

"I told you I won't be going anywhere, my dear," he whispered softly, caressing her hair.

Deciding that he needed coffee to keep him awake, and knowing that Hyori was fast asleep, Zico pushed open the door to head to the vending machine. However, as he opened the door, he came face to face with Chen.

Zico blinked. Then, he smirked.

"That took you long enough."

Chen didn't say anything. He had issues to settle with Zico, of course, but right now, Hyori was his first priority.

"Is noona okay?"

"She's sleeping now. It's useless if you wanna visit her."

"So there's also no reason for you to be here," Chen retorted. Zico grinned, choosing not to rebut back.

Without anything else to say, Chen sidestepped him and went in, his back facing Zico's back. Before he could take another step into the room, Zico called out to him.

"In the rebellious state, aren't you, kiddo?"

A smirk played along Chen's lips.

"I wonder where I got that from."

*

I'm so sorry for the late updates ): I've been really busy. Thank you to those who subscribed and to those who are still commenting! I'll try my best to keep in touch with this fic (: Do look forward to the next chapter! I know you guys want some Chen-Hyori moments ~