Chapter 22.

Three Smiles. (Semi-hiatus)

Mrs Park burst into the office, with Chen hot on her heels. She looked wildly around. "My daugter, my baby, my-" Then she froze, she saw Hyori in a bruised state, and gasped.

"Hyori!" She rushed over to fuss over her daughter. "What happened, who did this to you? Oh my gosh, I will beat them up!" Mrs Park sounded close to tears.

Hyori giggled despite the fact that she was beaten up not too long ago. Mrs Park looked at her, wide-eyed. "I'm serious! I will beat them up!"

"Noona," Chen said weakly, looking at the bruises on her face and arms. Hyori looked at him for a second before looking away, embarrassed. The last time she was injured, Chen had been there too. It felt like dejavu. However, Chen's reaction was different from before. Instead of crying on the spot ..

"I hate you!" Chen wailed, throwing himself around her waist, not caring that Mrs Park was there. Hyori was taken aback, and she winced a little from the pain.

"I hate you for making me worry so bad," Chen said softly, looking up at her with trembling lips, fiercely rubbing his eyes. "And I'm not crying!" He added defiantly.

Hyori chuckled. "I'm not dying, Chen," she lightly hugged him. "Could you get off me? It hurts." "Oh, sorry." Chen got up and sat beside her while Mrs Park was still examining her bruises. Just then, they heard a small cough.

"You must be Hyori's mom," Madam Lee smiled as she greeted Mrs Park, "and you are ..?" She indicated to Chen, who opened his mouth but closed it again.

"A neighbour whom we treat like family," Mrs Park said. Madam Lee nodded in approval. "Would you like a cup of tea?"

"No thank you, I want to know what happened to my daughter," she said in anxiety.

"Exactly what I've been trying to find out from her," she answered.

Three pairs of eyes looked at Hyori. She coughed, feeling awkward. Then, she felt Chen's small hand squeezing hers, their fingers interlaced. "Tell us, noona. It'll be fine," he assured her. Hyori nodded, feeling a little stronger. She opened to speak. Everything that happened since day 1.

She didn't pause at her mom's gasps or Madam Lee's widening eyes. She didn't react when Chen squeezed her hand a little too hard when she related today's incident. She kept going. It felt good to let it all out.

When she was done, Mrs Park embraced her. "Why did you keep it to yourself?"

Hyori looked down. "I thought I'll be stronger if I kept quiet. I thought I was a fighter. It turns out I was becoming weaker by keeping quiet."

Madam Lee handed Hyori another chocolate bar ("Can I have one too?" Chen asked). She looked really sorry and her eyes were full of sympathy.

"Our conversation has been recorded on the CCTV, which will be shown to the Principal when he gets back from his meeting," Madam Lee looked at the clock. "I assure you that action will be taken against the four girls."

Mrs Park nodded. Her hands were itching to hit the four girls who hit her daughter but .. she's an adult after all. She must be reasonable. Not that the four girls were.

"Can we go home now?" Mrs Park asked. Madam Lee nodded and whipped out a form. "Please sign here and you're free to go."

"Thank you for taking care of my daughter."

"It's my duty."

Madam Lee then hugged Hyori. "Be strong, okay? I promise you they will get their punishment."

Hyori smiled a pretty smile. "Thank you ahjumma."

*

"Hyori dear, I think you should transfer school," Mrs Yoon advised. She had come over to the Park's house straight after work when Chen informed her what happened. Hyori looked at her.

"But ahjumma, won't I look like a weakling if I transfer? They'll think I'm scared of them. And I just started school .." Her voice trailed away.

"You're not a weakling, Hyori. But do you want to spend the next 3 years in fear? It's not too late for you to transfer. You can start anew. None of us want to see you hurt like this anymore," she gently said.

Mrs Park nodded. "I agree with Mrs Yoon. We're doing this for your sake. You have a bright future ahead of you and I don't it to be destroyed because of the hooligans," she gritted her teeth.

Hyori considered for a moment. "Are there other design schools here?"

Mrs Yoon beamed.  "I have some connections here and there. I'll find the best one for you and help you with the enrolment. How about that?"

Hyori smiled back gratefully at her. "Thank you ahjumma, but please give me some time to think about it."

She nodded in understanding. "Just let me know of your decision." "Yeah," Hyori answered. "I'll go up to take a shower now," she excused herself.

Chen got up too. "I'll follow her."

Mrs Yoon, Mrs Park and Hyori stared at Chen. It took him a few moments to realise what their looks meant. He could feel himself blushing. "I-I mean, I didn't .. I thought .. I swear I wasn't thinking of what you guys are thinking!" He blurted, covering his face with his hands. He was so so embarrassed.

All of them burst out into laughter. Chen was perfectly innocent.

"You don't have to stick to Hyori noona like glue, you know," Mrs Yoon chuckled. Still blushing and not looking at Hyori, he hid behind his mother's back.

*

To proudvip, I would love to go for GD's concert, I really really do, but right now the thing I'm most afraid of is whether I could even get the tickets ): I've always wanted to attend a YG fam con but IF they were to come, I want them to come here when Se7en returns from the army. Then it'll be complete. (':

 

Wait for the next update guise! Thank you for subscribing and commenting, and continue doing so! ^^v

Btw, do ask me questions @ http://ask.fm/chunderella THANKS!