Chapter 33.

Three Smiles. (Semi-hiatus)

"What's the matter?" Zico cocked his head to the side. Startled, Hyori shook her head.

"Nothing." Then, she continued sipping her drink (Caramel macchiato with whipped cream). Zico stared at her intently. Something was way off about Hyori lately. With a sigh, Zico knew that Chen must be the reason.

"I'm of the same age as her, and much more handsome too, and she goes for someone younger than her," Zico muttered under his breath. Hyori apparently didn't seem to hear him, for she took his enrolment package and began to leaf through the documents. She corrected some of his mistakes and let him finish up the missing portions.

After 45 minutes, they were ready to go. As Hyori took out her wallet to pay for her drink, Zico beat her to it. "The bill's on me."

Hyori looked shocked. "I can't do that! You-" But Zico had already paid for the drinks, smirking slightly at her. Hyori gaped at him before mumbling thanks. She left Starbucks quickly, with Zico following her, chuckling. *I will make you soften towards me, and maybe you'll fall in love with me instead.*

"So," Zico began when he caught up with her, "why are you still wearing that?" He indicated to the necklace he had given her so many years ago. Hyori blushed.

"You're also wearing yours," she retorted back. Zico grinned. "I'm just asking a question, why are you getting so worked up for?"

Again, Hyori blushed. "You're impossibly annoying."

"Yet you're not biting my head off like before. Have I tamed the tigress?" Zico teased.

"Ridiculous," Hyori scoffed, yet she couldn't help pondering over his words.

*

"We're here ~" Zico sang. "Wow, this place is huge!"

They stood in front of their soon-to-be college: Laselle School Of The Arts, in short, just Laselle.

Hyori gaped at the building. "It's pretty!" Excitement rose through her body. "Let's do some exploring!"

And without even meaning to, in the spur of the moment, she just grabbed Zico's hand and pulled him along. It took a few moments before Hyori realised what she did and let go extremely quickly, looking away to hide her embarrassment.

However, Zico pouted. "Yah, why did you let go?" He extended his hand. Hyori just looked at it.

"Just .. come on," she mumbled, hurrying off.

"Aish, this girl, playing hard to get," he chuckled.

 

 

"Thank you for sending in your enrolment package, we'll get back to you within the next week. Have a nice day!" The office admin lady chirped, beaming at the pair through her glasses. Zico and Hyori beamed and bowed before leaving.

"Let's do some exploring now! Can we can we?" Hyori pleaded. She initially wanted to explore the school but Zico brought her back to reality by saying that their package is more important at that moment. He told her they could explore the school AFTER sending their packages.

Zico smirked. "If I say no?"

Hyori pouted. "I'll explore alone then!" She turned to leave but Zico caught hold of her hand.

"I don't trust you exploring a foreign school alone. You'll probably get lost even if the exit's in front of your eyes," he chuckled. Hyori was known to have a bad sense of direction. She glared at him.

"Yah, that's a little too exaggerated okay."

"Whatever," Zico grinned. "Let's go!"

 

 

"THE DANCE STUDIO IS EFFING COOL!" Zico practically yelled, pressing his nose against the window. He could see a group of dancers practicing inside. Their b-boy moves were flawless. EXTREMELY FLAWLESS.

"THEY'RE SO COOL!" He didn't bother to keep his voice down. Hyori was beside him, her nose pressed against the window too. Seeing her seniors dancing reminds her so much of Chen dancing.

She gulped. Chen.

Slowly, she withdrew her gaze from the window. Zico noticed. "Yah-"

At that moment, someone tapped on Hyori's shoulder. She turned around to come face-to-face with a senior. From the looks of it, he seemed like a dancer returning from a toilet/water break. 

"Hi, are you lost?" He asked kindly. Hyori shook her head and smiled back. "No, we're just exploring the school and happened to notice the dance studio."

The guy looked from Hyori to Zico.

"Freshmen?"

"Yup!"

"Couple?"

"Err .. no," Hyori laughed awkwardly. Somehow, the guy looked relieved. "Oh, okay then. My name's Niel," he extended his hand and Hyori took it.

"Hyori. And this is Zico," she pointed to Zico, who had frozen like a statue. "Hi," Niel acknowledged him with a nod. "Well, I should get going then. Hope to see you around more often, Hyori-sshi," he smiled cutely before walking off.

"Looks like senior-sshi has a mini crush on you," Zico said jealously.

"He's cute," Hyori giggled in spite of herself. "Sorry," she bit her lip to stop smiling. "But why am I apologising to you?" She wondered out loud.

"Whatever. Let's go before you attract the whole group," Zico growled, pulling her gently.

*

I didn't include lots of Zico scenes earlier but now that he and Hyori will be in the same school and all .. What will happen to Hyori and Chen? :P