Chapter 6.

Three Smiles. (Semi-hiatus)

Hyori was now 12 years old. It was her final year in her school (7th year), and she would be taking her leaving examinations at the end of the year. Not to mention, there's her school's graduation ceremony and also the various netball tournaments she's gonna participate in. Yes, netball. Hold on. NETBALL? Wasn't Hyori training to join the girl's soccer team? She did mention to Jihoon that she thought of joining the girl's soccer team when she turned 11 right?

Well, the thing is, unfortunately .. The soccer club for girls was closed down because well, girls and soccer don't really click together huh. So poor Hyori had her dreams of becoming a soccer player crushed and she couldn't join the boy's soccer team because .. well they're boys. Their training's different. Harsh. Although Jihoon tried to beg his coach (he got in) to accept Hyori, saying she's different, she's more of a boy than a girl (any girl would feel offended but not Hyori), his coach refused his pleas point blank. 

Therefore, out of all the sports clubs being offered in Hyori's school, she chose the next most appealing one; Netball. At first, her heart wasn't in it. She had been training her legs all this while, not her hands. However, within 6 months after joining the club, she found herself enjoying the sport as much as soccer. She easily became the leader and ace of the team. She grew taller after so much jumping and even fitter than before. Yeah, she was happy, but with her joining netball and Jihoon joining soccer .. That meant that Hyori and Jihoon didn't have any common interests anymore .. Plus with their busy schedules, they hardly had time to talk to each other. Hyori did feel a little sad, but one person made up for her sadness. Chen. From an ordinary Grade 1 student who accidentally knocked into her 3 years ago to becoming her neighbour, and then turning into her first dongsaeng to the dongsaeng she spent every recess with for the past 3 years .. He really was something.

"Noona what are you thinking about?" 9 year old Chen asked. He was used to Hyori dazing off. In fact, he found it cute that Hyori had an adorable side to her. He was glad that he got to know Hyori's other side, not the tough side that everyone knew and was used to. He even suspected that he was the only one who knew Hyori's alter ego, and he felt proud.

"It's just .. I can't believe I'm gonna graduate soon!" She gushed, feeling a little happy and a little sad. Happy because she would be free of homework and stress for about two months, sad because it meant that she would be leaving Chen. She tried not to think about the latter, and resolved to spend every moment they could in school together before she left.

Chen frowned. He didn't like it when Hyori mentioned about graduation. It meant that she was one day closer from leaving the school, and one day closer from leaving him. He's already feeling suffocated thinking about it. He wasn't sure why he was reacting that way. He shook his head.

"Worry about the tournament first," he tried not to sound too bitter. Hyori gasped. She almost forgot that she would be playing for the netball championships between the schools around her district in a week's time.

"Oh yeah! Will you support me?" She grinned. Chen softened. He could NEVER get angry at her.

"Of course. I'll wear something to stand out and you'll definitely notice me," he said with such confidence, Hyori laughed. 

"I'm lucky to have a dongsaeng like you," Hyori beamed. Again, Chen frowned. He didn't really like Hyori calling him 'dongsaeng.' It's true he was younger than her, but she referring to him as 'dongsaeng' sounded like she wasn't willing to look at him as someone further than just a dongsaeng. Hyori sensed Chen was displeased about something.

"What's wrong?" She asked, her smile fading. Did I say something wrong?

Chen hesitated. Just as he opened his mouth to speak, his best friend, Luhan, appeared. Hyori had to admit, she found Luhan and Chen really good-looking. True that, they're really popular in their own batch. Fangirls were jealous seeing Hyori close to the both of them, but didn't dare do anything, since Hyori was older and her fierce image certainly frightened them. They could only watch Hyori in envy. Too bad. 

"Annyeong Hyori noona! Yo Chen! Mr Kwon wants to see you!" Luhan beamed. Chen looked confused. Mr Kwon? The performing arts teacher? Don't tell me ..

An understanding smile spread across his face. "I got in, didn't I?" He comprehended from the look on Luhan's face.

"Hear it from ssem himself! I don't want to spoil it for you! Go go go!" He grabbed and pushed Chen away, and looking back at Hyori, he shouted, "Sorry Hyori noona! Chen will tell you everything later!"

Hyori chuckled. I think I know what he's going to tell me later. 

*

"Noona I did it!" Chen shouted in delight as he ran to meet up with Hyori after school.

"What?" She was smiling at the look of ecstasy on his face. Although she sort of knew what he was going to tell her, she didn't want to ruin his joy, so she pretended not to know. 

"I got accepted into the performing arts club! I'll be singing and dancing! Luhan got in too!" He jumped up and down. A few days ago, he had gone for auditions with Luhan to get a spot in the performing arts club, where he will learn singing and dancing. Hyori was surprised at first. She didn't know Chen had a passion for singing. Then she learned from Mrs Yoon that Chen was inspired to be a singer and dancer ever since he listened to Big Bang's (I just had to add Big Bang hehe.) songs and watched  their performances and MVs. He was impressed with the band and wished to be like them one day. 

Without thinking, Chen flung his arms around Hyori's waist. Hyori laughed and hugged him back. Suddenly, he realised what he was doing and let go of her really quickly. "Sorry," he mumbled, shuffling his feet.

"It's alright. Congrats! I knew this would happen," Hyori grinned, ruffling his hair. "But I'm curious about something. You asked me to teach you soccer three years ago. I thought you wanted to join the soccer club. But you joined the performing arts club instead .."

Chen laughed out loud.

"Noona! I'm a boy! All boys must learn how to play soccer! So I thought I should learn it from the pro!" He beamed.

Again, Hyori laughed at his cuteness and hyperactive level.

"I can't wait to see you perform. You might be famous one day," she winked. 

"You think so?" Chen asked hopefully.

"I know so. Come on, noona will treat you ddukbokki," Hyori faltered a little as she remembered treating Jihoon to ddukbokki once, but she recovered quickly, "as a form of celebration!"

Chen nodded eagerly. "And ice-cream too! Please?" He added, widening his eyes while showing his mischievous smile. A smile that Hyori was fond of.

If that was one of Hyori's classmates, like Xiumin for example, they would get a glare and a punch from her. But to Chen, she lightly smacked his forehead and smiled.

"Alright alright," she gave in. As long as he's happy.

*

Hello! Sorry I took a while to update, hopefully this update is good! ^^ Thank you so much to my new subscribers and to those who commented, I got really motivated and I'll do my best for this fic! Since today is Christmas Eve, I hope this update will be a nice Christmas present to you all hehe ~ So here's an advanced wish for you guys!

I WISH YOU TO MARRY KRIS-MAS (See what I did there ~)

I WISH YOU TO MARRY KRIS-MAS

I WISH YOU TO MARRY KRIS-MAAAAAAAAS ~

& HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR ~~~

Santa Seungri wishes you a Merry Christmas too! <3 HO HO HO!