Chapter 13.

Three Smiles. (Semi-hiatus)

"I wish I could go to graduation night with you," Chen sulked. Hyori was dressed in a women's suit (she refused point blank when her mom asked her to wear a dress) and her pixie hair was styled to look messy, which in a way, made her look good. Not in the pretty way, in a charming kind of way. Upon hearing Chen's statement, Mrs Yoon smiled. She knew Chen had developed a crush on Hyori.

"Trust me, I don't even want to be there," Hyori grumbled. Mrs Yoon chuckled. She and Hyori's mom had spent the last 2 hours dressing Hyori up. Since Mrs Yoon was a model, she definitely knew how to make Hyori look stylish in a suit. Hyori admired Mrs Yoon's fashion very much and complimented her for it.

"You finished your exams, you'll have a month's break before your results, and after that, you might not be seeing some of your friends anymore. Enjoy tonight while you can," Mrs Park said. Mrs Yoon looked at the clock.

"Ah! My husband will be arriving shortly to send your daughter to school. He will also be picking her up. Chen, you wanna tag along too?" She asked, so that Hyori wouldn't feel awkward. Chen nodded vigorously. "Then you guys should wait outside first. Enjoy your night, dear," she hugged Hyori and Mrs Park kissed her forehead. 

Once outside, Hyori had a sudden, impulsive thought. "Chen, should I .. confess to Jihoon? Tell him that I like him," she said. Chen's face was unreadable. 

"I mean .. I've liked him for 7 years already. And after tonight, I won't see him again until results day, and after that, I won't be seeing him anymore, since he's been accepted to a sports school. That fast, huh?" She beamed. Chen wanted to scream. He wasn't there to support her for her netball tournaments, he didn't give her a birthday present, yet she still likes him?! He'd rather Hyori end up with Zico. But ultimately, he'd strongly wish for Hyori to end up with him. But Zico over Jihoon. ANYONE WAS BETTER THAN JIHOON.

Before Chen could say anything, his dad had arrived. 

*

"Have fun, Hyori-sshi," Mr Kim said through the rearview mirror. Hyori beamed. "Gomawo." She got out, and suddenly, Chen came out too. "Noona."

"Yeah?" 

Chen was struggling with himself. Should he tell her not to confess? 

"Have fun." Was all he said instead. Hyori beamed. "Of course, you'll pick me up later right? With your dad." He nodded.

"Seeya, little one." And Hyori walked into the school building. Chen watched her go. Please don't confess, noona, please don't.

*

"Ohmygosh, you look so pretty!"

"Nice dress!"

"Who did your makeup?!"

"Do you think he will notice me in this outfit?"

Those were the questions the girls around were saying to each other. The moment Hyori stepped in, she felt like a strong wave pushing her out of the school. A little left out, yes. Thankfully, she found Xiumin, who was by the food section. Her eyes constantly scanned for Jihoon. Yup, she was still thinking of confessing to him. I'll do it after all the school crap.

*

"The prom king and queen for the night goes to .. Jung Jihoon and Kim Sora!" The principal announced. Hyori and the rest of her batch clapped and cheered, but she felt a little bitter. What had she been expecting? To be the prom queen? But everyone knows Sora is the face of the school. Jihoon too. They'd make a great couple. She saw them smiling at each other and locked arms, looking like a legit couple. She saw Jihoon bending towards her ear, whispering something which made her smile. Was Hyori still thinking of confessing to Jihoon at that point of time? Yes.

Finally, Hyori saw her chance. Jihoon was alone, looking a little blank. Before she could even think, she went straight up to him.

"Jihoon," she began. When he didn't respond, she gently tapped his shoulder. "Jung Jihoon."

He turned around, startled. "Hyori! Y-yeah?"

Hyori smiled. "I need to tell you something."

"Yeah?"

*

Sorry for the slow update! I was distracted by a drama ^^ I wonder what's gonna happen next! :P