Chapter 31.

Three Smiles. (Semi-hiatus)

Hyori stood outside with Zico quietly, breathing in the fresh air. Her nose and eyes were still red from crying. She thought about what happened back then and suddenly hit Zico's chest, startling the guy.

"You embarrassed me! Oh my god how am I going to face all of them! And G-Dragon's there! THE G-Dragon! I'll never go back in there again," she wailed, hitting him repeatedly. Zico merely chuckled and grabbed Hyori's fists to stop her from bruising him.

"I didn't know Park Hyori has become so self-conscious with herself," he smirked, putting up with her struggles, which were quite easy, because he was now taller than her. Hyori glared at him. "And I didn't know Woo Jiho-" Zico grinned when she called his real name, "-is getting more daring with me. I used to be able to control you," she growled.

He smirked again. "Times have changed and we've grown up. Just admit that I'm stronger than you," he teased.

Before Hyori could think of a good comeback, she saw Chen approaching them. She automatically stopped struggling. Zico looked back and knew it was safe to let go of his hands.

"Hyung," Chen greeted Zico, who nodded back. Then, he stopped in front of Hyori, looking cautious. His expression mirrored Hyori's. Zico looked at the both of them, slightly amused.

"I'm going in to stalk G-Dragon," he grinned, holding up a victory sign with his two fingers and left. Both of them nodded in unison.

Suddenly, the atmosphere became a million times more awkward and still. Chen looked at Hyori. Her puffy eyes were still visible. He felt a strong surge of guilt. He wanted to apologise, to hug her, to explain everything. But how do you even begin when the cause of her tears was .. him?

"Noona," he greeted, giving her a tiny smile. Hyori managed a small nod in return. , how did it become so awkward?! This cannot go on. Hyori cleared , trying to ignore her racing heart.

"Wonderful performance," she complimented him. "But since when did you learn Chinese?"

Chen grinned sheepishly. "One week ago."

Hyori's jaw dropped. "Jinjja?! But you sound so fluent! Ayeeee you've got to be kidding, right?"

Chen pouted. "You don't believe I can memorise Chinese lyrics in one week?"

"It's not that I don't," Hyori said quickly, "but it's hard to learn a foreign language within such a short period of time."

"But I did it, I did it for you," he said softly, looking at her.

"F-For me ..?" Hyori asked slowly. Chen sighed.

"I planned it out. Me not talking to you for the whole week, it was all planned out. I wanted to create a greater impact for you when you finally heard me sing, but I guess I went too far."

"I don't understand," Hyori said, staring at him.

"I was angry with you at first," Chen admitted. "But I thought it over and realised I was too selfish. I understand that you were busy."

"Chen-"

"But I so badly want you to hear me sing, and I also gotta make up for the loss I caused to my team, and hyung helped me come up with this plan; To kill two birds with one stone. Hyung helped me find a song to sing to you. He told me I have to make you cry on that day so that the song will be much more impactful. So I did .."

"I'm sorry I made you cry till your eyes are puffy, noona. I swear it wasn't my intention to make you cry till that extent. Just .. enough for me to sing that song to you," he apologised. "Noona?" He added tentatively, for Hyori was staring at him, unblinking.

Suddenly, his wariness turned to shock. Because Hyori was crying. Again.

"Noona I'm really sorry!" Chen was panicking. He looked around, as if expecting tissues to appear. "Noona .."

"Why did you have to go to that extent just to make me feel so touched?" Hyori sobbed. Chen blinked.

"All this while, I thought you hated me! How could you make me feel so miserable the past week and suddenly make me feel so touched and happy?!" She cried.

Chen heaved a huge sigh of relief. It wasn't tears of sadness, thank god. Without even thinking, he stepped closer to her and hugged her.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he repeatedly chanted.

"Don't do that again! And you don't have to put in so much effort for me!"

Chen smiled. "I did it for my team too. Are we .. okay now?"

"No, you owe me one week of misery," Hyori sulked. Chen grinned as he looked up at her. "If you got to take a picture with G-Dragon AND get his autograph, will you forgive me?"

Hyori immediately brightened up. "Okay!"

*

"So that's the noona you were talking about the other time? When you had to leave class halfway?" G-Dragon grinned as he shook hands with Hyori.

"But you guys don't look alike!" Young Deuk, who had joined them, exclaimed. Hyori giggled. "We're neighbours. But we treat each other like family."

Comprehension dawned in both the men's faces. They looked at Chen smiling at Hyori and looked at each other, exchanging significant looks. G-Dragon smiled knowingly.

"Your dongsaeng is bad, huh, for making you cry until like that," he joked. Hyori blushed.

Chen flushed too. "That's why in order for her to forgive me, you have to take a picture with her. And give her your autograph too," he added hopefully. G-Dragon laughed. "And I just did that to your hyung. Is Zico his name? He's a handsome boy," he mused.

Chen grinned. "So can you do that for noona too?"

"Okay," he agreed and went to pose for a picture with Hyori, who looked delighted and embarrassed because of her puffy eyes.

After Chen and Hyori left, GD looked at Young Deuk.

"Hyori isn't just a noona to Chen, right?"

Young Deuk grinned. "The way he looks at her is just like the way I look at Min-" He gasped and covered his mouth with his hand. "You didn't hear anything, hyung!"

GD was smiling evilly. "Oho, someone has a secret. But everybody knows, so it isn't really a secret anymore right?" He said casually.

Young Deuk's eyes widened. "E-everyone knows?! How?!"

GD merely winked at the flustered Young Deuk.

*

We all love Baby Don't Cry, don't we? (;