Chapter 18.

Three Smiles. (Semi-hiatus)

Chen paced around in his room. He needed to be fully equipped in order to help Hyori successfully. If he acted now, his plan might fail. But he didn't want to wait any longer, in case Hyori's schoolmates bully her even more. However, he must understand the situation. Until Hyori was ready to tell him what's going on, he would TRY not to do anything.

"Honey, dinner's ready," Mrs Yoon popped her head into Chen's room. Chen looked up, a little startled. "Yeah I'm coming, umma."

Mrs Yoon stepped in. "Are you alright? You seem bothered."

"I'm just thinking of some stuffs."

"And by some stuffs, do you mean Hyori?" She teased. Chen frowned at her. "Umma," he whined. She chuckled and raised her hands. "Okay okay, I'm sorry. But do you mind sharing with me what's going on in your head? It's not good to keep it all to yourself."

Tell that to noona, Chen thought to himself. He smiled at his mom. He was comfortable to tell her anything that's on his mind. Maybe because he wasn't a teenager yet.

"I think noona's schoolmates are bullying her," he said. Mrs Yoon's smile disappeared. "Are you sure about this, Jongdae? That's a serious assumption to make."

Chen nodded. "I ran into her frie-schoolmates when I was out with her just now. They were rude towards her. And I noticed some changes in her too. But she's not telling me anything, so I can't help her." He sounded frustrated as he sat down on his bed. Mrs Yoon sat next to him. 

"I'm sure she will tell you when she's ready," she tried to assure him but Chen heaved a sigh. "Until when, umma? When she's hurt even more?"

Mrs Yoon realised when Chen said that, he didn't sound like a little brother protecting his big sister. He sounded like .. Mrs Yoon tried to straighten her thoughts. They're still too young for her to judge, but a mother's instinct hardly lies.

"How are you going to help her if she decided to tell you her problems?"

Chen looked at her. "That's when you come in, umma." Mrs Yoon blinked and pointed to herself. "Me?"

He beamed and nodded. "Can you help me?"

"But what am I supposed to do?"

"I'll tell you when I know noona's problems. So can you help me?"

Mrs Yoon looked at his determined face. "Alright, I will."

"Promise?" Chen held out his pinky. Mrs Yoon locked it. 

"Promise." 

Chen grinned, satisfied. He told his mom he'll be downstairs soon. As Mrs Yoon was leaving, she turned behind.

"Does Mrs Park know about this?"

Chen froze. "Don't tell her anything yet! Please umma, I know you're good friends with her but please don't tell her anything just yet! Please?" He flashed his puppy eyes.

Mrs Yoon looked like she wanted to object, but in the end, she sighed and nodded. "As long as you know what you're doing, Kim Jongdae." Then, she left. Chen pumped his fist in the air. Stage one, recruit Mrs Yoon in his plan. Mission success!

*

"Ssem, I have a question," Luhan raised his hand. Young Deuk raised his eyebrows.

"You're not accepting anymore students right ..?" 

Young Deuk nodded.

"Then who's gonna replace our hyungs and noonas who are leaving? At this rate, only my batch will be left behind."

There was murmuring going around. What Luhan said was actually true. To their surprise, Young Deuk looked really satisfied. "I was waiting for someone to ask me that."

"Wae?" The team chorused.

"I told you we're going to make the most of our remaining time here, right?" They nodded, sitting up straight.

"This is a performing arts CCA. But the current Grade 5 students only learned dancing so far." The Grade 6 and 7 students started to grin.

"We'll be learning vocals this year," Young Deuk announced and the seniors snickered while Chen's batch looked confused. Young Deuk held up a hand.

"I know the last time we tried to learn vocals, it ah .. didn't turn out so well," he said sheepishly. More snickers were heard. 

"But! All of you have signed up for this CCA because you want to dance AND sing. It's not right if we only continue dancing but don't sing at all. That's not performing arts. So! To make this successful, and as a form of treat and apology to you guys, let me introduce you your instructor, since I only specilise in dance," Young Deuk called on one of the Hi-Tech members to get the mysterious person, who seemed to be waiting outside the door.

Everyone held in their breaths. Chen wondered what was wrong with the previous vocal instructor. He was excited. Finally, he's going to learn how to sing! 

The atmosphere was tingling with excitement. Just then, the door opened and a small but well-toned man walked in. At once, there were gasps of shock and Chen's eyes bulged wide open. His fingers started trembling and he blinked rapidly. There was heat in his cheeks as he slowly moved back on his (he's sitting down) as if he's not believing the scene in front of him.

"Ohmygod .. G-Dragon?!"

*

Hi, surprised by this update? ^^ I'm still not sure whether I did the right thing by adding G-Dragon in this fic. The last time I suddenly added a character, I ended up deleting the fic LOL. But he's only a small role here, like a cameo. He won't be conflicting with other characters. (: Let's hope my "trump card" works! In the meantime, do leave your comments below!