Chapter 25.

Three Smiles. (Semi-hiatus)

The years went by and soon, Chen was in his seventh year while Hyori was in her third year in middle school. The school that Mrs Yoon enrolled her in had 4 years of education instead of 3, and Hyori was glad because she had extra time to catch up with the syllabus. She loved this school. Everyone accepted her and she made many close friends. At first, she strongly thought that everyone was nice to her because of the way she portrayed herself, but she realised she was wrong. In this school, there are tomboys, and there are gays too, and they weren't discriminated AT ALL.

Which goes to show there is a diamond in the middle of a field filled with poop, if you know where to look. Something like that.

Meanwhile, Chen was preparing for his last and final competition as a member in Victory or Nothing, and he was also preparing for his national exams. GD had taught him all he needed to know about vocals when he was in Grade 5 and half of Grade 6, and was so impressed with Chen's singing, he said this:

"You should consider joining an entertainment company when you're old enough. We shouldn't let your voice go unrecognisable by the public."

Which was why Young Deuk had signed Chen up for a singing competition together with Luhan, because in GD's opinion, Chen and Luhan have the best vocals. Although GD had left his "teaching post" to focus on Big Bang, Young Deuk managed to keep Chen on track by getting a good (emphasise on good because GD was the best) vocal instructor to guide Chen and Luhan until the singing competition was over. Young Deuk also made sure they didn't slack with their dancing skills. Since Victory or Nothing were left with only 6 people, it was easier to manage.

However, no matter how busy they both were, they always managed to find time to spend with each other, even if it's for a short 5 minutes.

*

"I'm going to your school for Teacher's Day," Hyori told Chen. He looked at her quizzically. "You NEVER came back after you graduated. Why the sudden change?"

"It's your last year there. I'm also preparing something for my ex-teachers," she smiled.

"What is it?"

"I'm gonna bake cookies with my mom!" She said excitedly. Chen's eyes lit up.

"Can I have some too?"

"No," Hyori teased as she stuck out her tongue. He pouted. "Pleaseeeeeee?"

Hyori grinned. "I'll think about it."

"Noona, remember last time you said I could visit your old middle school if you had any events there?"

Hyori's eyes widened. "Omo, I totally forgot about that! Mianhae!" She apologised.

"I can't forgive you," Chen pouted. "Unless .." He smirked. 

"Unless?"

"Unless you bake me cookies and bring me to visit your current school!"

Hyori laughed. "You sort of went to my old school, well only to the general office, and it was a pretty hgue event, so I'm off the hook right?"

Chen scowled. Damn she was right.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally it was the day for Hyori to return back to her elementary school. She promised Chen she would meet him after school, because that's when the ex-students were allowed to enter the school. Hyori checked inside the paper bag she would be carrying. Inside contained double chocolate cookies beautifully wrapped in dozens of plastic and each was tied with a gold ribbon.

Hyori was satisfied with the cookies she baked, and she hoped her teachers will love them too. Beaming, she set off for school.

*

"OHMYGOD, WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO PARK HYORI?!" Xiumin exclaimed and shook Hyori's shoulders. When Hyori reached the school gate, she found a bunch of her ex-classmates waiting too. She spotted Xiumin and smiled happily; It's been a long time  since they contacted each other. She sneaked up to him and "BOO!-ed" him.

Xiumin had whirled around, shocked, and stared at her for 1 whole minute. Without blinking. "Err .. do I know you?" He had asked.

Hyori had lightly punched his shoulder (old habits never die) and chuckled. "It's me, pabo. Hyori."

Xiumin's eyes grew wider. He had leaned in and peered at Hyori's face, trying to detect some similarity with the Hyori back in elementary. He obviously realised it was her because he then shook her shoulders.

"Relax, I'm still me!" Hyori laughed. Xiumin shook his head. "You've become gentle and .. and .. and pretty!"

Hyori blushed. "Yah, do you want me to punch you like before?" Xiumin quickly shook his head. He then smiled at her. "Where have you been?! You didn't come back, you didn't keep in touch .. Gosh I'm mad!" He pouted.

"I'm sorry, what can I do in order for you to forgive me?" Hyori asked innocently, knowing what his answer would be.

"Treat me to steamed buns!" He pumped up his fists, earning another punch from Hyori. "YAH! What was that for?!" He howled.

"You never change," she grinned and hugged him. Surprised, he hugged her back. "I really miss you, Hyori, you know that?"

Hyori looked up. "I'm sorry I didn't keep in touch with you. I'll make sure I will. And did you go on a diet or something? What happened to your chubby cheeks?" She pinched his cheeks. 

"I grew!" Xiumin beamed proudly. "But I'm still as handsome as always, right?" He winked. Hyori rolled her eyes. "You're as cheesy as ever too."

Just then, Hyori heard a familiar voice behind her.

"Hyori?"

She turned around. And smiled hesitantly. "Zico."

He gaped at her for a few seconds, before cocking his head to the side. "There's something different about you .." His eyes travelled from her hair to the face, down to her neck, where he spotted the necklace he had given her. Smirking slightly, he looked at her clothes down to her shoes. Her fashion sense has changed, he thought.

"Err .. nice to see you," Hyori slightly coughed.

"You usually aren't this shy in front of me. Has your feelings towards me changed?" He teased, walking closer to her. Hyori reddened slightly, but this time, it was not out of embarrassment.

"Excuse you, it's just that we haven't seen each other in a long time, so I will naturally be awkward!" Hyori glared at him. Zico had grown taller and was a little more muscular but his cockiness definitely didn't change. And Hyori doubt it'll ever go away.

Zico chuckled. "We have to catch up. I have a lot to ask you, starting from your outfit."

Xiumin, who had been quietly watching the two, jumped in angrily. "Hyori's treating me steamed buns today!"

Zico smirked. "Mind if I join?" Xiumin opened his mouth to say yes but Hyori kicked him. "We don't mind. Anyway I owe you for not keeping in touch with you."

"Well that's settled then," he rubbed his hands together. Xiumin scowled at him. Right then, Zico glanced over Hyori's head and stiffened. Hyori caught his expression and slowly turned around. Her heartbeat grew faster for a split second before returning to normal.

"Jihoon's gotten more good-looking, eh?" She asked lightly.

"Huh, he can never be as handsome as me," Zico snarled. Hyori chuckled. "You're the same as Xiumin. So full of yourself. Come on, let's go in, the gates are opened already."

*

Hi there! I missed writing about Xiumin and Zico :P I've also decided to fastforward things a little, since I now have less than a month before my school starts ^^ Hope you enjoyed this update!

And @ JonginWife , yes I was referring to you ^^

Also to the two peeps who always commented on every chapter of mine, can I just say how grateful I am towards you for making my day and supporting me? <3 Shoutout to the occasional commenters too! *folder bow*

Lastly do comment and subscribe if you haven't!