Chapter 43.

Three Smiles. (Semi-hiatus)

"He what?!" Chen half-yelled.

"He confessed to me," Hyori said, half-smiling.

"And your answer is ..?"

"I said I needed more time."

"Why didn't you reject him on the spot?" Chen asked, his jealousy building.

"I .." Hyori was unsure. Why DIDN'T she reject him?

"Do you like him .. noona?" Chen asked quietly, fearing the worst.

Hyori pondered over his question. "I .. I don't know." She looked at Chen, as if the younger had answers written on his face.

Chen looked away. Why was she hesitating? Why didn't she say no at once? Does it mean ..

Does it mean she had already developed feelings for Zico?

He cursed inside. Damn Zico. Damn him.

"Noona .. I think you hesitated because .. you like him," he spoke, not meeting her eyes.

Hyori was stunned. She did?

"How do I know if I like him?" She asked, more to herself than to Chen. He kept quiet. Suddenly, his phone rang. His friends were calling him over. He paused, looking at Hyori, who was lost in her thoughts. She needed him, but ..

"I'll be over in 10."

*

Chen's mind wasn't with his friends at all. He felt guilty for ditching Hyori right then and the last thing he saw was her looking all confused and lost. He felt so stupid for leaving her. He was quiet throughout, and occasionally replied with "mmm", "okay".

"Chen! Did you hear me? Hana says she likes you!" Junhwe yelled, and the rest of the boys wolf-whistled.

"Okay," Chen said, rather distractedly.

"Hey, you guys will look cute together. Shall I be the one making it come true?" Donghyuk winked.

"Mhm," Chen replied.

The boys looked at each other, evil grins reflecting on their faces.

"Operation Chen and Hana, mission begin," they chorused, smirking.

 

"W-what?! When did this happen? WHAT THE DID YOU GUYS DO?!" Chen yelled. He had gone to school this morning and as soon as he reached, he had been greeted by Hana and her friends, who were all giggling. He was so surprised when she said "Morning oppa," shyly. He looked at her blankly.

"M-morning," he stammered and the girls squealed, apparently misunderstanding his stutter. Chen's friends had joined him soon after and indirectly filled him with the news.

"How could you do this to me?" Chen asked, hurt.

Donghyuk shrugged. "You were the one who said okay."

Chen froze. He did?

"But you didn't sound excited though. But whatever, both of you are together now," he shrugged nonchalantly.

Chen's temper was rising.

"By the way, you can't break up with her, I heard she's suicidal. She really likes you also," Hanbin whispered.

Chen stared at every single one of his friends in disbelief. "Friends".

" you all," he said emotionlessly before storming off.

*

Thank you Renzei27 for always commenting! ^^ I always look forward to your comments :P