Chapter 38.

Three Smiles. (Semi-hiatus)

Note: If my storyline is a little weird, please spare me because I was gone for a month plus. ^^

 

"!" Chen cursed himself. "What the have I done ugh!" He raked his fingers through his hair in frustration. He paced up and down his room. He constantly peeped out the window at Hyori's house. He fumbled with his fingers. He was restless. And he caused it himself.

When Hyori was silent at the other end of the phone, Chen could feel her rage and disappointment. He could imagine her poker face when he admitted to throwing away Zico's gift.

"Pabo, Chen! You're such a pabo!" He yelled, punching his pillow. He was at a loss.

*

Meanwhile, Hyori was staring blankly at the wall. Guilt washed over her. Then, she felt angry with herself. It wasn't even her fault, why should she feel guilty about it?

"Honey, I'm home!" Mrs Park called out. Hyori ignored her. "Hyori?" Her mom called again.

Hyori chose to ignore again. She just wasn't in the mood to talk to or even see anyone. Her mom must've felt something was amiss, because moments later, she was knocking on Hyori's door. "Hyori?"

Hyori snapped out of her daze. She hurriedly dove into her bed and pulled the blankets over her, pretending to be asleep. Not a moment too soon. Her mom opened the door quietly and peeked inside. formed an 'o' when she saw Hyori's "sleeping" figure. No wonder she didn't respond to her calls.

Carefully, she backed out and closed the door behind her. As soon as the door closed, Hyori opened her eyes. A tear trickled down her cheek.

"Chen, how could you do that?" She whispered, hurt.

*

"We should get Chen to come over for dinner right?" Mrs Park beamed as she scooped kimchi for Hyori. "Kimchi's my specialty!"

"You don't have to," Hyori said in a dull voice, not looking at her mom. Mrs Park looked over at Hyori with concern.

"Did you guys argue?"

Hyori sighed.

Mrs Park sensed that she shouldn't force Hyori into telling her what had happened. Teenagers are really sensitive and stubborn that way. They won't open up unless they want to.

Sure enough, Hyori let out another loud sigh before telling her mom everything.

"The thing is, I can't believe he would do such a thing. That's so immature of him," she scowled as she finished her story.

Mrs Park smiled.

"Hyori, you have to remember, he's a teen like you. He might do some immature things but he'll learn from them to become more matured. You get it?"

Hyori nodded slowly. 

"I was 16 before I became matured," Mrs Park beamed in reminiscence. Then, she looked at Hyori.

"Umma understands how you feel right now. I know you need some time to cool down, and I know Chen knows it too. Talk to him when you're ready, okay?"

Hyori nodded again. "It's just that .. How am I going to answer Zico? And I feel so bad for him."

"You could tell him the truth."

"But it will hurt him. And he might turn hostile towards Chen, which is the last thing I want to happen between them."

"My dear, the truth hurts, but the lies concealing the truth will hurt even more," Mrs Park advised. Hyori smiled. She felt better already. "Thanks umma."

*

Sorry for the short chapter! I need to get used to writing again. :/ Y'all still there?