Chapter 40.

Three Smiles. (Semi-hiatus)

Hyori twiddled with her fingers, biting her lip. Her eyes showed anxiety. They constantly searched around for something. Someone. However, there was no sign of him today.

The day passed and soon, it was time to go home. Zico didn't turn up in school at all today. A little crestfallen, Hyori slowly made her way out of school. She rubbed her eyes, which were puffy from crying and staying up all night. What for?

She spent the whole of last night baking something back for Zico. She decided to make a red velvet cupcake, a complicated but delicious recipe. She was so determined to make it up to him.

Hyori sighed. The guilt was weighing her down. She couldn't feel relaxed. Not when she hadn't cleared this matter up.

She needed to clear her mind.

*

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" Hyori yelled as she kicked her old (and almost punctured) soccer ball. It's been a while since she last touched her soccer ball, but she didn't seem to have lost touch on her skills. All her frustrations, all her tangled thoughts, she let it all out by kicking the ball as hard as she could.

She didn't stop kicking. Slowly, an obvious dent can be seen on the goalpost. But she didn't care. She felt too guilty towards Zico to feel guilty for the damage she had caused.

Soon, she was about to pass out from exhaustion. But she continued kicking.

I let him down. I shouldn't feel so bothered by this but why am I so over-reactive about it? Don't tell me .. No. That's not possible. I made him lose his trust in me. Yeah, that's probably why I feel so frustrated and upset at myself. The only friend I have in my school that I knew since young is disappointed in me. I ..

Hyori's thoughts didn't continue. Under the scorching heat, she steadied herself .. and stumbled. She would have fallen if a pair of hands didn't catch her in time.

"Yah! Park Hyori!" A frantic voice was all Hyori heard before she out.

*

"She'll be fine, she just over-exerted herself," the doctor reassured a panic-striken Zico and an equally panic striken Mrs Park. The both of them looked at each other, and sighed in relief.

"Babo," they muttered together.

"Thank you, doctor," Mrs Park bowed. The doctor bowed back, before setting off to settle with his other patients.

Mrs Park had rushed to the hospital after receiving Zico's call, but she had to resume her work.

"Go ahead, I'll look after her," he said. Mrs Park beamed in gratitude before leaving, a little reluctantly. However, she trusted Zico.

Meanwhile, Zico hovered over Hyori's bed. He was strolling around the neighbourhood because he had overslept and didn't feel like going to school. Then, he spotted a familiar figure playing alone in the field. He had watched her gritting her teeth in concentration as she kicked the ball.

He smiled in amusement, till he noticed something was wrong with her body language. She paused, and seemed to be steadying herself. His smile faded and he quickly ran over to her.

Not a moment too soon.

As soon as he reached, she stumbled and he quickly reached out his hands to support her weight.

"Park Hyori!" He had shouted out, but she didn't seem to have heard him, for she passed out a second later. Panicking, the male had called the ambulance before alerting Hyori's mom.

Now, he watched her sleeping figure.

"Park Hyori, who were you angry at ..?" He whispered, her hair. Deciding he would spend the night here to keep his promise to Mrs Park, he sat down on the sofa, curling up in a comfortable position.

"I'll be here when you need me," he said gently.

*

HI EVERYONE! I'm so sorry for the long absence again! Are you all still there? I thought of updating cause I rarely have the free time and hey, I found some time to squeeze in a chapter! Plus, my birthday's tmr, so I would like to treat you guys with this chapter ^^

I won't be totally gone, I appreciate all my subscribers! I appreciate every single comment here! Thank you for waiting for me, I hope I didn't disappoint! (:

Happy Birthday to me I guess! Hehe ♥