Chapter 35.

Three Smiles. (Semi-hiatus)

Valentine's Day ...

"Happy Valentine's Day, Chen," Hyori beamed, handing over a large box of Van Houten chocolates, Chen's favourite.

"Thanks!" He grinned, opening the box and popping one in his mouth. He looked at the box thoughtfully. Then, he picked out one and held it at Hyori's mouth. "Aaah," he said, smiling.

Hyori blushed as she ate the chocolate. "Did you receive lots of chocolates from your .. friends?" She asked casually, through a mouthful of chocolate.

"Hmm yeah, but none of them are as good as yours," he smiled playfully.

"You must be popular in your school, huh," she laughed.

"Not as popular as you! Whenever you drop by, all the guys will be pestering me for info about you," he rolled his eyes. "Speaking of guys, are there good-looking guys in your college?" Chen tried to look indifferent, but he was burning with curiousity.

Hyori giggled. "There are many! Almost all are cute!"

Chen frowned. "But I'm the cutest right?"

"If you say so," Hyori giggled somemore. "Yah," Chen pouted.

"Yes, you're the cutest alright," she beamed, pinching his cheeks. "That's better," Chen said, resting his head on her shoulder. Hyori flinched a little from his touch.

"Chen ..?"

"Hmm?"

"We're all grown up now .. It's okay if we hugged when we were younger but people will think we're a couple if we are like this," Hyori mumbled nervously.

Chen sighed. Instead of moving away, he plastered himself closer to her and even placed his arms around her waist, causing her to feel tingly and her cheeks felt hot. She felt the sudden urge to hug him back, but restricted herself. 

"Chen-"

"I can hug you all I want because you're my noona," he murmured.

"But we're not legit siblings."

"You're still my noona. I wouldn't be hugging you like this if I didn't call you noona all my life since young."

And for once, Hyori didn't like hearing that. What was wrong with her to be feeling like this?

 

*

 

White Day ...

Hyori blinked at the amount of candies she had received from unknown seniors and same-aged male friends, which kept mounting higher and higher throughout the day.

The candies increased so much till some spilled on Zico's table, causing him to be irritated.

"Yah, can you get them off my space?" He grumbled. Hyori glared at him. "I'm sorry my bag hasn't got enough space for me to stuff all these in," she hissed.

"It's your fault for being so attractive!"

Hyori paused. "It's not my fault for being like this, I didn't ask them to give the candies to me," she said, a little hurt.

"Well then eat some of these so that our tables will be cleared!" Zico said jerkily. "And NO dude, you are not giving her anymore candies!" He added fiercely to a hopeful looking boy who had approached Hyori's table. Rejected, he slumped back to his desk.

"I didn't complain when you received two sacks worth of candies," Hyori pouted. Zico bit his lip, trying to resist the urge to spazz over her adorable-ness.

"Hmph, you're gonna get cavities if you eat all those," he changed the subject, causing Hyori to stare in confusion. Then, an idea came to her.

"That's why I was thinking to give them away," she dropped her voice to a whisper. "Maybe to the kids at the nearby orphanage?"

Zico smiled inside, seeing the purity in her eyes. However, he kept his poker face on. "Then make sure the guys who gave you these don't see you dumping the sweets somewhere else."

"They can't complain, better the orphanage than the bin right?" She chuckled. He nodded. "But you're gonna keep some .. right?"

"I'll sort them out at home," she beamed.

"Well then .. you want me to help you?"

"It's alright, I can ask Chen to follow me," she smiled.

Zico felt a pang of jealousy. He scoffed. "Be that way," he sulked.

*

Happy with the little Chen-Hyori scene? ^^

Hi guys, I'm starting school tmr! (: New school, new environment, new faces ~ It has been a pleasure writing this fic for the past 5 months or so, and this story could've ended earlier if I wasn't so lazy to update or busy socialising ehehehehe. Wish me luck for my studies! :D I'll try to update every weekend, no promises but I'll try my very best!

 

Thank you to those who upvoted this story,

 

Thank you to those who subscribed,

 

Thank YOU to the lovely people who commented and gave me great motivation to continue writing ~

 

It's not the last of me! ;D Till my next update!