05

Escape to Luhan's Mansion

Hye Ri woke up by the sound of Luhan's knocking on the door. 

"What is it?" she groaned as she put the pillow above her head. Sometimes she tend to forget that she's living with a heir. Hye Ri heard footsteps walking towards her bed. "A gift," Luhan said. Hye Ri threw the pillow at Luhan's head unintentionally. "Let me sleep," she groaned as she turned to face the wall. 

"This gift might make you jump and hug me, you know," Luhan smiled. 

Hye Ri groaned and sat up. "What is that?" she asked, looking at the box in Luhan's hand. He handed the box to her. Hye Ri grabbed it and quickly opened it. She gasped as she took out the object that was packed inside the box. Laying in her palms was a white iPhone. "You..bought me a phone?" Hye Ri asked as she turned to Luhan. He smiled.

"Your number is written on the box so memorize it. The only contact you have right now is me. You can add some later," Luhan said shyly, scratching the back of his head. "Thank you Luhan!" Hye Ri smiled and switched on the device. 

"Where's the 'oppa'?" Luhan asked. Here we go again, thought Hye Ri.

"Thank you, Luhan oppa," Hye Ri said as she laid down on her bed again. Luhan sat down on her bed and took out his phone. "Oh yeah, and I installed some applications for you so you don't get bored," Luhan said, his eyes glued on the screen of his phone. Hye Ri didn't answer. She was busy typing in numbers on her phone. 

"Yah! Answer me!" Luhan snapped.

Hye Ri put a finger on signaling him to be quiet. She put the cold device up her ear and smiled. "Oppa!" Hye Ri yelled into the phone. Luhan turned to her and raised an eyebrow. "Hyunnie Oppa! It's Hye Ri!" She smiled. "I'm currently in Korea..Oh, you knew?" Hye Ri said into the phone. Luhan looked at the girl in front of him smiling like a mad woman. 

"Where are you now?" Hye Ri continued. She smiled. "I'll text you later. Bye~ Love you too Hyunnie~" she cooed as she hung up. Hye Ri put the phone to her heart and smiled. "Who was that?" Luhan asked. "Oh. Hyunwoo oppa. You don't know him," Hye Ri giggled and put her phone on her right. 

Luhan stared at her and blinked. "Is that Hyunwoo guy your boyfriend?" he asked. Hye Ri laughed,"No, silly."

He nodded and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. Hye Ri grabbed her new phone and started adding contacts into her phone. 

>>A Week Later<<

Hye Ri's POV:

"Wake up!" I heard Luhan yell. I stumbled down onto the floor and shot a death glare at him. "Sorry," he apologized. Living under the same roof as Luhan was a pain in the . Everyday he would irritate the hell out of me. "You're late for school!" he yelled. I turned to look at the clock placed on the night stand. "It's 6:30 in the morning.." I groaned. 

"Oh yeah and the car has run out of gas so I guess you have to walk," said Luhan. 

I shot up. "What? Walk?" I gasped. "Can't you send me to school?" I continued. Luhan shook his head. "Remember the fangirls? If the school finds out that we live together, things are going to get bad," he explained. I remembered the incident with Jung Hee a week ago. "Fine, I'll walk.." I mumbled and stormed to the the bathroom. 

I heard Luhan walk out. I cursed under my breath before cleaning up. 

After that was done, I changed into my uniform and tied my hair into a ponytail. I walked out of my room and stormed down the flight of stairs. Luhan had already gone to school leaving me alone with the maids and the butler. One of the maids handed me a drink and I obidiently took it. It was hot chocolate. After I drank up, I gave the glass back to her and slipped into my socks and shuffled into my heels. 

"It's 6:40. In approximately 15 minutes I'll reach school.." I said to myself as I grabbed my back and walked out of the door. 

I was sweating like crazy. 

My legs were numb and I was out of breath. "Damn you..Luhan.." I managed to say. I finally reached my gigantic school. As I walked into my school, I heard a high-pitched squeak of my name. I turned around to see my best friend Nara. "Woah..Why are you sweating?" Nara asked, handing me tissues. "Blame Lu-" I stopped myself there. "Oh, my car ran out of gas," I smiled. 

Nara looked at me before nodding. "Let's go to the back garden," Nara said, tugging me on the arm. "Our school has a back garden?" I asked. Nara nodded. "Nobody really goes there. I usually go there for some peace and quiet. It's kind off my secret hide-out!" Nara giggled. "Ahh, okay.." I said.

Nara pulled me towards a corridor I've never been into and pushed open a white door. Trees were everywhere and birds were chirping. The grass was really green and there was a small fountain in the middle. There were path ways everywhere, too. Flowers were planted along the pathways and there were about 5 benches. Nara let go of my wrist and sat down on a bench near the fountain.

I sat down next to her. Nara looked up into the blue sky. "You know that girl Jung Hee?" Nara asked me. "Yes.." I answered. "She was actually my best friend when I was young," Nara said as she rolled her eyes at that memory. My eyes widened in shock. "Then she became a big brat when she got chosen to become a student in Ace Academy. We were from a small school back in the days. Jung Hee started boasting to everyone that she's going to go to Ace Academy. When she first moved here, everybody looked down on her since she was from a low-educated school," Nara began.

"But ever since people found out that she's actually 'pretty' and rich, people started treating her like a queen. Her two 'friends' are stuck to her as if she's paper and they are ink," She smirked. Nara was on the edge of crying. "I convinced her to stay in our old school and stop acting like a brat but she wouldn't listen. Ever since she found new 'friends' in Ace Academy and was in the spotlight, she ignored me. Jung Hee left me," Nara said as a tear dropped down and slid down her cheek. "Now she hates me for no particular reason," she said as she rested her forehead on my shoulder. I patted her back.

"My father transfered me to this school a year ago. I didn't have that much friends. I was expecting a 'hi' from that girl but she didn't even take a glance at me. I hate her, Hye Ri! Why is she like this now?" Nara said. "Forget her, Nara. Besides, you have me, right?" I smiled. Nara managed to giggle. 

"C'mon, let's get to class," I smiled. Nara nodded and stood up. "Let's go get lunch later after school. How does that sound?" I asked. Nara smiled and nodded. We walked to class happily.


School was over and I was walking with Nara out of the school.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked Nara. She shrugged. "What do you want to eat?" Nara asked. I shrugged. We laughed and continued walking. I turned to my right and saw Luhan and his 5 other friends walking and laughing. "What are you looking at?" Nara asked as she turned to the direction I was looking at. "Oh..You're looking at EXO-M. Luhan is so cute and innocent, right?" she nudged me. I wanted to barf. Cute and innocent? 

We were still gazing at Luhan and his friends while I felt someone pull on my wrist and spun me around. 

My eyes widened. The boy who grabbed me was wearing shades so I didn't really recognize him. His scent and touch was very familiar though. "Miss me, Kang Hye Ri?" The stranger asked me. I gave him a confused look. Our faces were only inches apart and Nara's eyes were wider than ever. 

"Who are you?" I asked. He was still holding onto my wrist and I was getting irritated. "How can you not remember your best friend, Hye Ri?" I heard him say as he took off his shades and scratched his head. "HYUNNIE!!" I yelled causing everyone to look at me but I didn't care. I jumped on him and he spun me around. "It's about time you recognized me.." Hyunwoo sighed. I smiled. "Oppa~ I'm sorry.." I whined. 

Nara looked at us like we were a married couple. "I'll leave you guys alone," Nara winked and walked away.

"But Nara! Our lunch!" I yelled out but she was already gone. I sighed and shook my head. Hyunwoo's arms were still s around my waist. I took a quick glance at Luhan and saw that he looked like he got hit by a bus.

 


Author's Note: 

Hello! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter ^-^ Is things happening to fast? I'm sorry :'( 

So..I'm sick now and I don't think I can update frequently. Also, I'll be going on a vacation for 8 days soon. :) Remember to subscribe and comment!

And, thank you for all of you that have been commenting. I had a lot of feedback on the previous chapter and some of the comments made me crack up. 

Please be patient. I tend to update really slow these days :( I hope you wait patiently for my next update! :D