31

Escape to Luhan's Mansion

Hye Ri gripped on the handle of her suitcase and took a deep breath as she stepped out of Incheon Airport with Hyun Woo that was standing on her right. 

Hye Ri gulped as she felt butterflies fluttering in her stomach. 

She was finally back in Korea after three whole years!

"Yo! Earth to Hye Ri!" Hyun Woo said as he waved his hand around Hye Ri's face to snap her out from her daze. 

Hye Ri hummed as a reply and walked to the taxi stand. The queue wasn't that long which was good news to Hyun Woo and other people but not Hye Ri because they were going to the SM Entertainment building right away to meet Luhan. So to buy time, Hye Ri was praying for a long taxi line but heavens didn't answer her prayers this time. 

A taxi stopped in front of Hye Ri and Hyun Woo after queing for around two minutes. 

Hye Ri gulped and took deep breaths. She knew that the six boys will obviously look down on her. Hyun Woo helped the taxi driver to put the suitcases in the boot of the car before slamming it close. Hyun Woo took a seat next to Hye Ri at the back seat and gave her a ressuring smile that screamed "It's gonna be okay!". 

The car ride to the SM Building in Apujeong was silent. The taxi driver did not dare to talk because he felt that the atmosphere in the car wasn't fit for a chat. 

The whole time, Hye Ri was resting her chin on her fist while looking out of the window. 

After some time, they finally reached the SM Building. 

Hyun Woo grabbed Hye Ri's hand and smiled. "Fighting!" Hyun Woo said as Hye Ri walked out of the taxi.

Hye Ri nodded and gribbed on the hem of her skirt. She watched as the taxi drove off. How she wished she was in that taxi with Hyun Woo on the way to his apartment.

Hye Ri chewed on her bottom lip as she made her way to the entrance of the building. The security guards stopped her and she tried to introduce herself as Luhan's ex-girlfriend but the security guards didn't buy it. She guessed that a lot of fans had lied that they are Luhan's girlfriend before. 

Suddenly, a tall man walked out of the building his his hands in his pockets. 

"Oh! You are Luhan's ex-girlfriend, aren't you?" the man said as he stood in front of Hye Ri.

Hye Ri recognized him straight away. The man was EXO's Happy Virus Chanyeol! Hye Ri was surprised because he somehow recognized her. 

Chanyeol crossed his arms and bent his body a little to be the same height like Hye Ri. "What you did to Luhan wasn't nice," Chanyeol said softly in his deep voice before putting his cap and sunglasses on. 

The security guards let Hye Ri in after confirming that Hye Ri was indeed Luhan's ex from Chanyeol. 

Hye Ri asked the staff at the front table where EXO was and the staff led her to a room on the second floor. She said thank you to the staff and stared at the white door in front of her. 

She gripped on the door knob and gulped. She tried really hard not to cry. Her palms became sweaty and she actually found it hard to twist the door knob. 

She was having thoughts on running away and never looking back. Hye Ri started walking away but she stopped on her tracks when all the things that she had done that upsetted her friends flooded in her mind. 

Hye Ri spun on her heels and walked to the door again. 

She stood in front of it and gripped the door knob but halted. Hye Ri bit her lip realeased her hand from the door knob. 

"Just open it!" Hye Ri screamed in her mind. 

Her hand became shaky as she brought it near the door knob for the umpteenth time. Hye Ri's fists crawled into balls and she squeezed her eyes shut. 

"Are you going to open it or not?" Chanyeol's deep voice said from behind of her. 

He was carrying two plastic bags full of bubble teas. You could tell from Chanyeol's voice that he's getting a little annoyed with the whole 'open the door or not' situation. 

"H-How long were you standing there?" Hye Ri stammered. 

Chanyeol shrugged. 

Chanyeol walked past her and swung the door open. The EXO boys stopped what they were doing to see who was at the door. 

Chanyeol pushed Hye Ri into the room lightly and walked to the table to put the drinks down. The room became as quiet as ever when they saw Hye Ri.

Tao accidentaly dropped his can of coke which broke the silence. "What are you doing here?" Kris asked bluntly. 

Hye Ri gulped. 

"It took you such a short time to come back to Korea!" Lay said sarcastically before taking a sip of the bubble tea bought by Chanyeol.

"Noona...Why did you leave us without saying anything?" Tao asked softly. 

Chen scoffed. "Obviously because she is a gold digger. She obviously just dated Luhan to get money out of him," he said, causing a tear to slip of Hye Ri's face.

"Is that what they all think of me as? A gold digger?" Hye Ri thought.

Luhan was just sitting in the corner staring at the ground. He didn't know what to say and what to do. His heart was thumping really fast. He wanted to look up to look at Hye Ri. He wanted to know if she had been well. But of course, he wouldn't have the courage to stand up. 

"I am sure she has a reason of not coming back," Sehun said quietly before going back to reading his book. 

"Even if she has a reason or not, why couldn't she contact us even once all these years?" Xiumin said. 

The EXO-K boys walked out of the room to give them a little privacy. 

"I am sorry," Hye Ri finally spoke up. 

Luhan's ears perked up. The voice he missed for so long finally rang his ears. He wanted to run to her and embrace her so damn badly.

"It was really stupid of me for not contacting you guys. Really really stupid. I didn't know what was I thinking," Hye Ri continued.

Soon, tears started flowing down her cheeks. 

The six boys didn't say anything but just listened with emotionless faces.

"M-My mother was seriously sick and I couldn't just leave my mother in London," Hye Ri explained. 

The boys looked at each other, unsure of what to say. "I'm really sorry for not contacting you guys," Hye Ri repeated again. 

"I can get on my knees if you--" Hye Ri started but she got cut off by the boys.

"NO!!" they yelled in unison. 

Hye Ri straightened her back and nodded. "You guys do not have to forgive me. I just came her to apologize and I did not expect forgiveness. I just wanted to lift something heavy off my shoulders," Hye Ri said.

The boys didn't say anything.

Hye Ri forced a smile and bowed before walking out from the door. As she shut the door behind her, more tears started coming down. 

She tried her best to cry quietly. She walked to the stairs slowly while clasping with her hands. Soon, Hye Ri failed to cry softly and she had to balance herself on the wall for support. 

She cried and cried, hoping that no one happened to walk in that corridor. 

When Hye Ri left the room, the six boys were still dead quiet. 

Luhan burried his face in his palms. 

"Luhan hyung," Tao said, breaking the silence. 

"Yeah?" Luhan said. 

"Go after her," Tao said.

The other boys soon agreed one by one. Luhan nodded and ran out of the room. As he turned left, he saw Hye Ri leaning on the wall sobbing her eyes out. 

Luhan felt a pang of worry. He ran as fast as he could and threw his arms around her waist from the back. Hye Ri stopped sobbing and turned her head to see who it was. 

"Don't cry. Seeing you cry kills me," Luhan said, tightening the hug. 

Hye Ri turned her body around and hugged Luhan. She started sobbing on Luhan's shoulder. 

"I'm sorry," Hye Ri said in between her sobs. 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry," Hye Ri repeated again and again. 

Luhan caressed the back of her head and said it was okay. The both of them stayed in that position for quite a while. When they loosened the hug, they crashed their lips together. 

Luhan missed this feeling. A lot. 

When they pulled away, they looked at each other deep in the eyes.

"My feelings for you never faded," Hye Ri said.

"Mine too," was Luhan's reply.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's note:

:) 

 

*This chapter was not edited so if you spotted any typos or grammar mistakes, please let it slide :)