18

Escape to Luhan's Mansion

Luhan stood in front of the front door frozen. He was too shocked to speak.

"What are they doing here?" Luhan thought to himself.

Mr and Mrs Xi walked into their house and heaved a sigh. It has been a while since they have been here. Mrs Xi slipped off her red heels and pulled on Luhan's arm. 

"Luhan, why are you staring into space?" Mrs Xi laughed. 

Hye Ri, who wasn't aware that Luhan's parents were back from Hawaii. She was about to doze off on the couch when she heard unfamiliar voices chatting. Hye Ri stupidly stood up and walked to the front door to see what was happening.

"Luhan who is at the-" Hye Ri started but she stopped and let out a gasp as she saw Luhan's parents. 

Hye Ri's eyes widened and her hands automatically flew to . Mrs Xi realeased her hands from Luhan's arm. She looked at his son in disbelief,"Who is this?"

Luhan started to rub his sweaty palms together. He tried to speak but up until now, no words came out from his mouth. Mr Xi looked at Hye Ri and shook his head. Hye Ri gulped and looked at Mrs Xi who was fuming. "Mom, Dad, I can explain!" Luhan finally spoke.

"Luhan! You brought a girl home!" Mrs Xi rubbed her temples. 

Mr Xi looked at Luhan. "What on earth is a girl doing here?" he boomed causing Luhan to jump. 

"I can't lie," Luhan thought to himself. 

Hye Ri who was just awkwardly standing in one spot, managed to speak up. "Mr and Mrs Xi..We can explain.." Hye Ri said.

Mrs Xi glared at Hye Ri and looked at her from head to toe. "I didn't know my son had bad taste," she muttered softly but it was loud enough for everyone to hear. 

"Who are you exactly? Do you think you're good enough for my son? I don't think so," Mrs Xi scoffed as she looked at Hye Ri right in the eye. She had develish eyes which made Hye Ri's spine shiver. 

Luhan put a hand on his mother's shoulder,"Hear me out, please."

Mr and Mrs Xi crossed their arms and looked at their son. "5 minutes for you to talk," Mrs Xi rolled her eyes, obviously annoyed with the whole situation.

Luhan gulped as he rubbed the back of his head. He locked eyes with Hye Ri and moved his eyes to the left, signalling her to make a run for the back door. Hye Ri looked at her boyfriend with wide eyes and let out a small gasp.

"Mom, dad, this is my...girlfriend," Luhan smiled. 

Mr and Mrs Xi just stared at their son with a straight face. Hye Ri started to tip toe quietly to the kitchen. 

"Luhan, you better don't do anything stupid!" Hye Ri thought to herself.

Just as she was about to step out of the house by using the back door, she heard a loud shriek. Hye Ri's eyes widened as she turned back and saw a very angry Mrs Xi. 

"Get out of this house right now!" Mrs Xi said through gritted teeth. 

Luhan ran into the kitchen,"Mom!" 

"How could you let a stranger live under our roof?!" Mrs Xi yelled. 

Hye Ri looked at Luhan with wide eyes. "You told her?!" Hye Ri mouthed. 

Mrs Xi glared at Hye Ri,"GET OUT!" 

Hye Ri ran out of the kitchen and up to the room she slept in. She stuffed all her clothes and belongings into her suitcase and wiped the tears off her cheek. She stuffed all the pictures of Luhan and her in a box. Hye Ri zipped her suitcase shut and grabbed a green coat. She ran out of the room and walked down the stairs.

Luhan ran out of the kitchen and grabbed Hye Ri's arm. "Hye Ri wait!" Luhan yelled.

Hye Ri pulled her arm out of Luhan's grasp and shook her head. "Hye Ri!" Luhan yelled again as Hye Ri walked out of the mansion. Luhan felt a hand on his shoulder.

"It's for your own good," Mrs Xi said.

Luhan looked at his mother in disbelief and stormed up to his room and slammed his door close. 

"Thanks for letting me stay here, Hyun Woo," Hye Ri smiled at her best friend.

Hyun Woo smiled,"Anything for my bestfriend."

Hye Ri was currently at Hyun Woo's small apartment in Anyang. Hye Ri looked at Hyun Woo and started to burst out in tears again. "Aww..Hye Ri! Don't cry!" Hyun Woo sighed and embraced her.

Hye Ri continued sobbing into Hyun Woo's chest. "What do I do, oppa?" she looked up with her red eyes. 

Hyun Woo handed her some tissue and Hye Ri started telling him what happened. Hyun Woo sighed and put an arm on Hye Ri's shoulder,"Cheer up! The Hye Ri I know doesn't cry!"

Hye Ri's lips twitched into a smile. 

"Let's see what I can do to make you happy again..." Hyun Woo tapped his chin and looked up at the ceiling.

Hyun Woo clasped his hands together and grinned. "You can...not go to school for a week! Even better, quit school!" Hyun Woo giggled and did jazz hands.

Hye Ri punched Hyun Woo's arm softly and laughed. "I'm serious!" Hyun Woo said.

"I'm seriously going to go to your school and say that you're not going to go to school for a week," Hyun Woo winked. 

Hye Ri's eyes widened. "Okay, It's getting late. You can sleep in my room and I'll sleep on the couch, okay?" Hyun Woo said as he kissed her forehead.

After washing up, Hye Ri decided to go to bed. She laid down on Hyun Woo's bed and sighed. She remembered the glare Luhan's mother gave her. Hye Ri tried to close her eyes and drift of to sleep.

Hours later, Hye Ri was still tossing and turning.

She couldn't sleep. She didn't even know why. Was she worried about Luhan? Was she still sad? She didn't know. Hye Ri took a glance at the clock and realized that it was already 03:15 in the morning. 

Hye Ri sat up and walked out of the small room. She made her way to the kitchen and helped herself with a glass of warm water. Hye Ri heard Hyun Woo snore, making her giggle. She looked at the position her best friend was sleeping in. "He must feel uncomfortable.." Hye Ri thought to herself.

 

-The Next Morning-

08:20 a.m

"Wake up sleepy head! You're coming to work with me," Hyun Woo said as he shook Hye Ri's body lightly. He was already dressed in a simple black T-shirt and jeans. 

"You're up so early?" Hye Ri said tiredly, rubbing her eyes. 

Hyun Woo nodded. "I just came back from your school and I told your principal that you're taking a week off! Isn't that great?!" he giggled.

Hye Ri looked at her best friend in disbelief,"You really were serious."

"Now hurry up and get changed!" Hyun Woo smiled and dragged Hye Ri to the bathroom. 

Minutes later, Hye Ri walked out of the bathroom in a fresh new set of clothes. Her hair was tied up in a pony tail and she was wearing her sneakers that Hyun Woo bought for her back in London. "I thought you said I could rest.." Hye Ri groaned.

"Shh! Don't complain!" Hyun Woo said and ran out of his apartment, dragging Hye Ri along with him.

They walked the bright streets of Anyang with locked arms. "The cafe I work in is just around the corner. Trust me, the people who work there are extra friendly," Hyun Woo smiled.

Hye Ri plastered a smile on her face and followed Hyun Woo to the cafe. "Hyung-nim! I'm here!" Hyun Woo yelled out for his manager. 

A tall, handsome looking guy came out while drying his hands with a towel. "Hey, don't need to shout," the cafe's manager sighed. 

The manager looked at Hye Ri and then at Hyun Woo. "You brought your girlfriend to work? Sweet," he laughed and patted Hyun Woo's head. 

"Hyung-nim! This is the girl I told you about last time. Can she work part-time with me, too?" Hyun Woo gave his manager puppy eyes. 

The manager looked at Hyun Woo in disgust. "Of course she can work here. We are short of one waitress anyways," he said. 

"Oh! How stupid of me..I'm Park Chanyeol, the cafe's manager," Chanyeol smiled. 

Hye Ri smiled back and introduced herself, too. She went to the girls locker room to change into the uniform. "Ooh! New blood," a girl older than Hye Ri joked. 

Hye Ri laughed,"I'm Hye Ri."

"I'm Sooyoung, nice to meet you. Heavenly Cafe is a really fun and cheerful cafe and I hope you enjoy working here! If any of the male workers try to hit on you, report it to me immediatally! I will kick their asses!" Sooyoung smiled. 

Hye Ri laughed and nodded as she put on the ribbon female workers are supposed to wear on her head. 

Sooyoung put her personal belongings into her locker and got dressed too. Hye Ri dumped her jacket and phone into the locker and locked it close. She put the key into apron's pocket and grabbed the notebook and a pen from the counter. 

Hye Ri knew what to do since she has worked as a waitress in a cafe back in London as her part time job. Hyun Woo slug an arm around Hye Ri's shoulder and smiled. "Get ready to get busy! We have many customers at the opening hour," he said. 

Chanyeol wrote 'WE ARE OPEN' on the small blackboard infront of the cafe. 

Soon, people started walking into the cafe. "Welcome to Heavenly Cafe! What would you like to order?" Hye Ri plastered the brightest smile she had on her face as she talked to the customer. 

Hyun Woo smiled to himself as he looked at Hye Ri. "Okay..one Mocha!" Hye Ri nodded and walked to Hyun Woo. "One Mocha," she said to her best friend.

And the day went on like that. Hye Ri, Sooyoung and the other female workers worked their asses off taking orders from customers while the male workers just chilled in the boys locker toom.

Hye Ri stormed to the boys locker room and glared at all of them. "Oh! Newbie, hello!" one guy chirped.

"Please get your asses to work. Do you know how many customers are out there?!" Hye Ri crossed her arms. 

"Ugh..whatever. We don't really care actually," another one said. 

Hye Ri curled her fist into a ball and exhaled deeply. "Say..you're pretty cute. What's your name? I'm Jonghyun, Lee Jonghyun," the guy winked.

Hye Ri cringed and shook her head. "And..this here is Yonghwa," Jonghyun said as he pointed to a guy sleeping soundly.

"That freakishly tall dude over there is Jungshin and this lazy one is Minhyuk," Jonghyun said. 

Hye Ri nodded,"I'm Hye Ri." 

Jonghyun stood up and slapped Yonghwa's thigh,"Let's get to work!" 

Jungshin groaned and got up. He made his way out first. Minhyuk and Hye Ri walked out together while Jonghyun was still trying to get Yonghwa to wake up. Hye Ri laughed and shook her head. 

Sooyoung's eyes widened as she saw the 4 lazy male workers walk out of the locker room. "Unbelievable.." Sooyoung gasped. 

22:00 p.m

"Bye guys!" Sooyoung smiled at all her colleagues before she walked out of the cafe with Chanyeol.

"Bye!" All of them said. 

Work was over and Hye Ri was tired as ever. Yonghwa walked over to Hye Ri and flashed a smile at her. "Hey Hye Ri, do you want to hear us sing?" Yonghwa smiled. 

"Wow! You guys sing?" Hye Ri gasped.

"We play instuments too!" Minhyuk giggled. 

"Come over to our gig! It'll be awesome!" Jonghyun winked. 

Jungshin handed her two tickets and walked out of the cafe with the 3 of them. "Have you heard them play?" Hye Ri turned to Hyun Woo.

Hyun Woo nodded and flashed her his thumb. "Come on, I need to lock up!" he smiled and pushed Hye Ri out. After Hyun Woo and Hye Ri locked up, they walked back to the apartment. 

Luhan was sleeping over at Kris's house with the rest of the guys. 

"Cheer up, hyung!" Chen said. 

"The principal said that she's not coming to school for a week! Where on earth is she?!" Luhan groaned. 

Tao sighed,"I miss noona.." 

"I can't contact her! She's not answering both her texts and calls!" Luhan burried his face in his hands. 

Kris patted Luhan's back and shook her head. Xiumin, who was eating his McDonald fries, came over to Luhan and handed him one of his fries. 

"Oh! I know what may cheer you up!" Lay suddenly stood up. He took out 6 peices of paper from his bag and grinned.

"What's that?" Tao asked. 

"Tickets to a gig! A band called CNBLUE is performing in Anyang! They are really famous," Lay said. 

"When is it?" Kris asked.

"In 3 days," Lay said. Luhan's head shot up so suddenly it made everyone jump.

Tao yelped causing everyone to laugh. 

"I'll go to sleep now," Luhan said as she slept on the couch. 

"We have got to find a way to make our hyung happy again.." Tao said. 

 

"HELLO EVERYONE! WE ARE CNBLUE!" the 4 of them yelled into the microphones causing fans to squeal and jump all around. 

Hyun Woo, who was dragged along by Hye Ri, was sitting down and eating some chocolate. Hyun Woo pushed the chocolate near Hye Ri's mouth,"Here."

Hye Ri took one bite and smiled.

"We're going to start off with a song we composed by ourselves," Yonghwa smiled to the audience in the big hall. 

Fans squealed and clapped their hands together. Hye Ri was really excited to hear them sing. "One..Two..Three..GO!" Yonghwa smiled as the 4 of them started playing their instruments. 

"Stabirabi rapstsabira~" They started to sing, causing the audience the go crazy. 

Hye Ri smiled. "Wow..they are really good!" she whispered to Hyun Woo. He smiled and nodded. 

Minutes later, the gig ended and CNBLUE held up a small meet and greet. Hye Ri walked up to them and gave them a thumbs up. "Wahh..You guys are really good!" Hye Ri laughed.

Jungshin smiled,"I told you so!" 

Hye Ri rolled her eyes before laughing. "Well, Hyun Woo and I will head home first. See you tomorrow!" Hye Ri smiled before dragging Hyun Woo out of the place.

The two of them walked hand in hand back to the apartment. "They were so cool just now!" Hye Ri squealed like a fangirl. 

Hyun Woo laughed. 

"H-Hye Ri?" the two of them heard someone say. 

Hye Ri gasped. "Luhan?" she said. 

"Luhan!!" Hye Ri yelled and prepared to run to him but Hyun Woo gripped Hye Ri's hand. 

"Oppa..let go. Luhan's just there!" Hye Ri smiled.

"No," Hyun Woo said, gripping his grasp on Hye Ri's hand even tighter. 

 

 


Author's Note:

Well this chapter was boring as..cow dung.

Just a cameo for CNBLUE! :)

You all know the routine: Comment, subscribe and upvote!

If you spotted any grammar mistakes and/or spelling mistakes, please try your best to ignore what you have seen! I didn't have any time to check!