Final Chapter

Escape to Luhan's Mansion

25th December 2020

Hye Ri woke up with a start when she heard people yelling and laughing from outside her room.

She groaned and scratched her nest-like hair and got out from bed. She made her way out of her room half dead and half awake. 

"What's with all the--" Hye Ri started but she stopped when she saw twelve boys standing in front of her. 

The first question that was circling around her head was "How did they get in?".  Second was "What were they doing here?". 

"It's Christmas!" Tao yelled and everyone else started whooping. 

Hye Ri mentally slapped herself. She totally forgot it was Christmas! 

"Don't you want to wash up first?" Lay laughed, scanning her from head to toe. 

Hye Ri gasped and cursed a few nasty words under her breath before running to her room, causing the twelve boys to laugh at the act. 

"You're girlfriend is really pretty!" Baekhyun smiled and patted Luhan on the shoulder. 

"Are you hitting on my girlfriend?!" Luhan yelled and headlocked him. 

Not long later, Hye Ri's room door swung open and out came Hye Ri in a simple dress and her hair tied up in a pony tail. "Wow, you look so pretty noona!" Tao smiled and stared at her in awe.

One by one, all of the boys agreed with Tao's statement. Except for Luhan and Chen. Hye Ri shifted awkwardly in her place and laughed. "Thanks?" she said. 

"Are you guys hitting on my girlfriend?!" Luhan yelled and went over to Hye Ri and put his arm over her.

The ten boys apologized and continued with decorating the apartment. "Let's go for breakfast!" Hye Ri suggested. 

"Noona, it's already one in the afternoon," Tao laughed. 

Hye Ri gasped and glanced up at her wall clock to make sure. "Oh my gosh why did I sleep so long?" Hye Ri said and burried her face in her palms.

Suddenly, they heard someone entering the password from outside. The door made a chiming sound and in came Nara and Hyun Woo.

"Sorry I'm late! I dropped all my stuff just now in the lobby and I had to pick everything up. Luckily Hyun Woo was outside too," Nara laughed and put the grocery in the kitchen.

"You planned a Christmas party at my house without my promission," Hye Ri said as she glanced up at Luhan. 

Luhan smiled,"But you'll let me do it even if I didn't ask you anyway." 

Hye Ri clicked her tounge and ruffled Luhan's hair. "You know me so well," she smiled.

"Well, Nara and I are going to start cooking for the Christmas dinner later. Who wishes to help?" Hyun Woo asked. 

Chen stood up abruptly and walked over to Nara. He locked arms with Nara and glared at Hyun Woo. "So you don't get up to funny business," Chen glared at Hyun Woo and walked into the kitchen with Nara.

Hyun Woo made a face, causing everyone in the living room to laugh. He walked into the kitchen and closed the door behind him. 

"Now what do we do?" Sehun asked. 

"We can't exchange the gifts now since the three of them are in the kitchen," Suho sighed and rested his face on his palm. 

Suddenly, Hye Ri's stomach made a sound, breaking the silence. 

Hye Ri bit her lip and looked down to hide her already red cheeks. "Sorry. I'm just hungry," Hye Ri said as she laughed awkwardly.

"Let's go out to eat!" D.O suggested. 

Everyone agreed but Hye Ri felt a little uneasy. What if fans see her with them? The things sasaeng fans did to her over the past year were nasty and brutal. 

Once, they even waited for Hye Ri outside of her apartment. When they saw her, they threw food at her and sprayed God-knows-what liquid at her. Luckily, Luhan came rushing in the scene to help her. 

Hye Ri shivered at the thought of the incident.

"I'll go to McD's to take away. You guys don't need to follow me," Hye Ri said and stood up.

"I'll follow. It's dangerous," Luhan said. 

The boys sitting down started to whoop and tease them. Luhan shook his head and dragged Hye Ri out, causing the boys to yell louder. 

"They will remain childish forever," Luhan laughed.

Hye Ri nodded and smiled. 

Luhan wore his shades and mask and adjusted Hye Ri's scarf for her. Hye Ri blushed and hid her red cheeks in her scarf. Luhan looked at her and pinched her cheeks. 

"Hey!" Hye Ri said as she shot a glare at him. 

When they exited the building, the cold air hit against their skin causing them to shiver. "Wow, today is extremely cold," Luhan said as he hugged himself. 

Hye Ri agreed and did the same like Luhan, earning a glare from him. Hye Ri flicked her chin and stuck her tounge out. 

She dashed to the closest McDonalds which was only a five minute walk from the apartment. Luhan put his hands in his pockets and followed Hye Ri from behind. 

"Why are you walking so slowly?" Hye Ri said as she grabbed Luhan's hand and made him walk next to her.

Luhan smiled and put an arm around Hye Ri. "Because, I was waiting for you to do that," he said.

Hye Ri blushed and hit Luhan's arm playfully.

"The lady at the counter totally recognized you!" Hye Ri said.

"I don't think so," Luhan said.

"She did alright. She was stuttering when she asked for our order," Hye Ri said.

Luhan's hand reached to type in the password but the door swung open, and out came Tao dressed up with a Santa Claus costume.

"Hohoho this is Santao Claus and I am here to collect the food," Santao Claus said and grabbed the food from Hye Ri's and Luhan's hands.

"Santao Claus?" Hye Ri laughed and went inside.

The boys ripped open the plastic and stared at the food lovingly. They looked like they haven't ate food for years!

They sat around the small table and ate while laughing and talking. "Hey, you guys haven't touched on the marriage topic yet right?" Chanyeol, who was sitting down next to Luhan, asked out of the blue causing Hye Ri to spit out her drink and Luhan to choke on his fry. 

Hye Ri helped Luhan pat his back. "C-Chanyeol..." Luhan managed to say his name in the middle of coughs.

"I don't get what's wrong! You guys have been dating for about four to six years. I'm sure you guys have talked about marriage," Chanyeol said.

"It's coming from a person that never dated before so don't listen to him," Luhan whispered in Hye Ri's ear causing her to laugh.

Luhan then slapped Chanyeol hard on his thigh without Hye Ri looking.

 

A few hours passed and Hyun Woo finally came out with an oven roasted turkey on a plate. He put it on the big dining table and wiped a bead of sweat off his forehead. 

"Dinner's ready!" Hyun Woo said loudly.

Everyone at the living room went to the dining table and sat down.

Nara and Chen came out of the kitchen and put down dishes of food. "Wow!" Tao said as he his lips.

The food really looked delicious. Chen cleared his troat and smiled. "I will now introduce the dishes on the table," Chen said.

"There is an oven roasted turkey, potato casserole, red wine...." Chen said and drawled on and on. This lasted for at least three minutes.

"And lastly, a cake bought by Santao Claus in the cake shop just opposite this building," Chen said and sat down. 

Santao Claus smiled, obviously proud.

After prayers, they dug in. 

Of course, the food cooked was amazingly tasty. After about an hour, they finished eating. "Santao Claus feels fat," Tao groaned and rubbed on his belly

"Okay guys, look here and smile!" Nara said as she held up her polaroid camera. She counted until three and clicked on the button. 

"Let's take one near the Christmas tree," Hye Ri suggested and all of them walked to the Christmas tree. 

Hye Ri and Luhan stood next to each other, holding hands. "One, Two, Three!" Nara said as she clicked on the button. 

As soon as Nara said "Three", Luhan quickly planted a kiss on Hye Ri's cheek.

"Hey!" Hye Ri said. Everyone started to tease them. Hye Ri's cheeks flushed a deep shade of red. 

"I have somewhere I want to bring you," Luhan whispered in Hye Ri's ear and brought her out of the apartment.

"Don't do anything mischievous!" Kai yelled out, causing everyone to laugh. 

"Where are we going?" Hye Ri asked Luhan and he just shrugged.

They went out of the building and Luhan just held her hand and dragged her to god-knows-where. "Okay now close your eyes," Luhan said as he let go of her hands. 

"No peaking!" Luhan said. 

"I'm not!" Hye Ri laughed.

Luhan put his hands over Hye Ri's eyes and led her way. Luhan stopped his tracks and put his hands down. Hye Ri fluttered her eyes open and gasped as she saw what was in front of her.

"Luhan!" Hye Ri said. 

In front of her was the abandoned park near her apartment, decorated with fairy lights and bubbles. Hye Ri made her way to the bench and Luhan followed her. 

"Do you like it?" Luhan asked.

Hye Ri nodded and smiled. 

Luhan pressed a button and a few more lights lit up. Hye Ri looked up and saw that the newly lit up lights spelled the words "Will You". 

Hye Ri raised and eyebrow, clearly confused on what the words meant. When she turned back, she saw Luhan on his knees. 

Hye Ri gasped and before she knew it, tears started streaming down her eyes. Luhan took out a small box from his pocket and opened it. 

Inside it there was a silver ring that had snowflakes around it. In the inside of the ring, there were letters engraved "HL".

"Will you marry me?" Luhan asked, looking straight into Hye Ri's eyes.

Hye Ri's hands flew onto and more tears started streaming down her eyes. Hye Ri started nodding rapidly while smiling. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" Hye Ri said.

She threw her arms around him and he lifted her up and started spinning around.

Luhan set her down and smiled at her. He put on the ring on her left hand's ring finger. "I love you," Luhan said as he pecked on Hye Ri's lips softly. Hye Ri furrowed her eyebrows a little and crashed her lips onto his. 

After a while, they pulled back and grinned at each other. 

"I love you too," was Hye Ri's reply. 

 

 

 

 

 

The End

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's note: 

This story is done! 

I feel like crying when I mark the story complete. 

I really had fun writing this story and I hope you readers had fun reading. I'm sorry if the ending was a little rushed. 

Thank you to all you readers who supported this story from the start! I really appriciate it. 

And, do check out my new story soon! I'll post the link in the next chapter soon! Do look forward to it! 

Well I guess it's time to say bye to this story!

Thank you guys! I love you xx

 

-ihearthongki