The two paths that changed everything

Kidnap my heart

 

Chapter seven:

Yoseob’s POV:

“Hey! Wake up!” I heard someone hiss. I opened my eyes sleepily. It was Woohyun.

“Get her out of here. Now. Take her somewhere far, far away from this place.” Woohyun told me, a look of urgency in his eyes. “They’re planning to kill her today. At noon. Leave. Now. I unlocked the door for you. Run, and never come back.”

“Wh..hy are you doing this?” I asked. “Won’t you get into trouble?”
He sighed. “The truth is, I’m the son of the boss. He won’t do anything to me. I never wanted any part in this business, but he was my father after all. When I saw her…I….just couldn’t do it! I can’t just take away an innocent life like that! No time to waste. Hurry!”

I nodded and woke Inyeong up gently.

“Inyeong ah, wake up. We’re leaving.”

There was no response from her. I touched her forehead.

It was even hotter than yesterday.

“Op..oppa?” She said weakly. Her face was ghostly white. She stood up weakly, supported by me. We rushed out of the warehouse.

“Thank you.” I said to Woohyun, our life-savior, gratefully.

“No problem. Take good care of her.”

I nodded and we ran out of the warehouse as fast as possible. Inyeong was rather weak, so we could not run quickly.

“HEY! THEY’RE ESCAPING! AFTER THEM!” I heard the boss shout, from a distance.

Oh no.

This was not good.

We ran into the forest, trailed by the group of men.

They were gaining on us.

Suddenly, Inyeong collapsed onto the floor.

“INYEONG AH!” I bent down, trying to help her up.

“Oppa, what are you doing? Run away! Now! Before they catch you! Go! Forget about me. I’m too tired. I’ll only slow you down.” Inyeong pushed me away weakly.

I shook my head. “No. I’ll never leave you. Do you understand me? We’re in this together!”

“I’m not going to be the cause of your death!” She protested, and tried to push me away again.

“You? The cause of my death! How can I let you die alone, just like that, when I was the reason why you got into this whole mess in the first place!” I insisted and quickly lifted her from the floor, bridal style, starting to run as fast as I could.

“Oppa! What are you doing? You can’t run fast enough carrying me!” Inyeong protested as I ran.

“Look, Inyeong. Do you seriously think I’ll leave you behind, just like that? After what I promised you. We go as a pair. If you die, I die.”

“There they are! AFTER THEM!”

The men were about 100m away from us. At this rate, they would definitely catch up with us for sure.

I gritted my teeth and ran even faster.

“Oppa!” Inyeong suddenly said. “Let me down. I can run now. It’d be faster that way.”

So I quickly let her down, and we ran ahead. We were indeed faster, but the men were still gaining on us slowly.

There were two roads in front of us. I ran towards the one on the right, hoping desperately that the men would take the left path.

I didn’t know how far I ran before I turned to look back.

Inyeong wasn’t there.

Suddenly, I heard a loud gunshot being fired.

Oh no.

No.

NO. NO. NO!

Please don’t let it be…

It can’t be…

Inyeong…

Suddenly, I tripped over a twig and everything went black.

 

 

Your POV:

I was running along with Yoseob when we reached a junction with two different paths. I immediately ran towards the left one as fast as I could.

I didn’t know how far I ran. I just wanted to get out of there as fast as possible.

Then I realized Yoseob was not beside me.

“Oppa? Oppa?” I looked around, trembling in fear, hoping that Yoseob would miraculously appear in front of me.

Suddenly, I heard a gunshot, coming nearby.

No

NO!

NO NO NO NO NO!

Ughhhh…my head…It felt so heavy…

I was too weak to continue…

Y…yoseob…oppa…

That was the last thing I remembered thinking of before I out.

 

No one’s POV:

The group of men reached the junction with two paths.

Half of them ran towards the right path while the other half ran towards the left path.

Woohyun sprinted far ahead down the left path, hoping to save the couple before they got caught.

He was running when he saw a girl lying unconscious on the floor.

It was Inyeong.

He could hear footsteps approaching. He had to act fast.

In a swift move, he quickly carried Inyeong up and ran far, far away from the forest.

He had also called the police not too long ago, right after he set the couple free.

He only hoped that the police could arrive on time before Yoseob got caught by the others.

 

The men running down the right path were running when they saw Yoseob, unconscious, on the floor.

“Time to finish this once and for all.” One of them grinned and pulled out a gun, aiming it towards Yoseob’s head.

“HANDS IN THE AIR! WE HAVE YOU SURROUNDED!”

Suddenly, three police cars surrounded the area.

Policemen rushed out and immediately arrested the men.

They caught the other few on the left path and sent Yoseob to the hospital.

But there was no sign of Inyeong or Woohyun…

--------------

Omo...where did Inyeong and Woohyun go to?

Were they...safe?

Where were they?

Would Yoseob ever meet Inyeong again?

Commentcommentcomment pleeeeeeeeeaseeeee :DDDD and let me know what you think will happen! :DDDD