Chapter 3

Confession

 

Chapter 3

 

Fantasia

7:30AM Music Department Class 1-A

 

“Yo! Jae-sshi. Where were you last night? You didn’t show up for dinner.” Hyung joon greeted on of their classmates.

 

“Ya! Won’t you quit your Yo! Jae-sshi. I was busy so I didn’t come.” She sat down next to him.

 

“But you should have come. I think the new student Yun ah, would have love the girl company. She is okay with us and so are we, but there is still some awkwardness.” Kyu jong also sat down beside her, leaving Jungmin to sit alone in the back.

 

“Hmm...maybe because you all acted so aggressive again?” she was teasing them, Jae had known these guys since their High school year, even before these guys debuted.

 

“Alright, everyone settle in your seats. First period is about to start. I’ll also be introducing the transfer student from America.  Ms. Min you may come in now. This will be your new classmate, Min Yun, she will be in some of your classes but she will also be joining some second year classes. Treat her well.”

 

The guys at the room cheered the moment she stepped into the room, and the girls were admiring her natural beauty.

 

“Annyong ha shimnikka. Che irumun Yun-imnida.”

 

“Now. Let’s find you a seat.” The teacher asked and was looking at the seats inside the classroom.

 

“She can sit here noona, I’ll go sit back at my regular chair.” Kyu jong shouted and moved back to his seat beside Jungmin, leaving the seat beside Jae vacant.

 

“Arasso.” The teacher asked Yun to go to her seat to begin her class.

 

“Hey!”

 

“Hey yourself!”

 

“High Five!” the two girls smiled rigght after confusing the 3 guys near them.

 

“Wae...Wae...you girls know each other?” Hyung joon whispered so that the teacher won’t hear them, Jungmin was leaning close to hear the conversation.

 

“De. I was the one who convinced her Uncle to let her stay here in Korea.”

 

“Turtle oppa, you two know each other?”

 

“De. Unfortunately we have known each other since High school.”

 

“Ya!”

 

“Arasso. You two stop it before the teacher notices us. Let’s all continue this over at lunch. Yun ah, Jae-sshi you two must come.” Jungmin commanded and went back to listen to the teacher talking about the Ancient Sumerian civilization.

 

----- Lunch Break

 

The cafeteria was busy as usual, it was crowded with groups of students picking the lunch they want, and chatting with their friends, but a lot were staring at the far right side table. The table of the 5 princes that every girl adores, and in that table was two lucky girls in the eyes of these fans.

 

“Why do I get the feeling that those girls are throwing arrows on my back?”

 

“Relax, Jae-sshi. It’s not you. Those kids are used by seeing you hanging with us sometimes.” Youngsaeng said without even taking a break from eating.

 

“Then it must be Yun ah, they are staring at.” Hyung joon exclaimed earning a big hit on the head by Hyun joong.

 

“Ya! Now you made Yun ah nervous again by thinking its not alright to be with us.” Jungmin yelled at him while giving Yun ah a reassuring smile.

 

“Why don’t we get away from them and eat the dessert I made at the lounge. I had noona refrigerate it there?” Kyu jong asked the group and they left when they have finished their lunch.

 

“Kyu jong ah, this pudding is delicious, can you make me one at our dorm?” Jungmin was pestering him to make one with his constant tugging at his hyung’s sleeve.

 

“Yun ah, where’s your phone?” Youngsaeng reached out his hand, asking for her phone.

 

“Wae?~” she passed her phone, confused of why he wanted it.

 

“This is just to make sure you can find us anytime. All our numbers are saved now and we have yours too.” He replied after a minute because he was busy dialing all their numbers before saving them and handing her phone back.

 

“Yun ah, Jae-sshi, what’s your next schedule?” Hyun joong asked the two of them.

 

“I have chemistry then music class already. Yun ah, has still marketing, arts, then music class.” Jae-sshi answered for the two of them.

 

“Huh? Yun ah, can I see your schedule map?” Jungmin was curious at the various subjects she is taking and Kyu jong took a peek too.

 

“How come you have second year classes too?” Kyu jong asked as he saw some schedules that was similar to Youngsaeng and Hyun joon’s classes.

 

“It’s nothing really. I’m still enrolled at our first year major classes but I just have to come in during exams so I can concentrate on my minors and second year classes.” Yun ah was trying to explain.

 

“Eeyiiee. So the only class we have together is our history first thing in the morning, then you have the same marketing class with Youngsaeng hyung at the afternoon, and one advanced math class the same with leader. The only common class we all have is our music class every afternoon.” Jungmin was pouting.

 

“Stop pouting already and just finish your pudding before I eat it.” Youngsaeng said to end the topic as he saw that Mara was quite uncomfortable with it.

 

“Jae-sshi, do you know of a shop wherein I can buy some jackets?” The shippers lost my luggage so I just have to buy some new sets. It’s getting chilly here in Seoul.” Yun ah was asking her which was met by a wide smile.

 

“Arasso. I’ll bring you to a shop later. Even the guys can come with us, ne?”

 

“De. We don’t have any schedules. So we’ll meet at the dorm’s hallway at 5:00PM, Jae-sshi you still have your access card right?” Hyung joon was now excited at the thought of going out again.

 

---- Music class, 3:30PM

Every music students was now gathering at the music building exclusive for them. It was all equipped with high quality instruments, recording rooms, practice rooms, and a big stage wherein they hold concerts and their classes. Only limited students were allowed to enroll in this class, and those were the only talented ones.

 

Jae’s POV

 

“Ya! Jae-sshi what are you so happy about?”

 

“What are you so nosy about Mal?”

 

“Ya! I was asking nicely.”

 

“I was just happy that Yun ah seems to have taken you as her friends. That’s rare.”

 

“Wae?”

 

“It’s a secret. Why would I tell you.”

 

“Ya! –“

 

“Stop shouting! You’re attracting attention again.” Hyun joong threw a music book at Jungmin.

 

“Yun ah, Youngsaeng, what’s with all the books?” Kyu jong asked the two as they just arrived with 7 books all in all.

 

“Mianhe. I made Saengie oppa helped me carry all my books.” Yun ah bowed to show her apology.

 

“Anniyo. It’s not a hassle. The teacher seemed worried when she said she’d be taking the exams we were going to have in two days. So she gave all these as a references.” Youngsaeng explained and went to get something to drink for both of them.

 

“Can’t you ask for a special one? You’ve missed a month worth of lessons.” Hyung joon asked looking through the pile of books.

 

“Anniyo. She can handle that. Youngsaeng you go and help her arasso?” Jae commanded him as soon as he got back and handed a bottle of water to her.

 

“De. I was planning to do that.” She accepted the drink and gave her thanks and sorry for the trouble.

 

“All right everyone gather around, the class today will be a special one since its freestyle session. I know you’re all tired and nervous for your upcoming exams, so what’s a better way to release that stress than music?”

 

 

Yun’s POV

 

“Kyu oppa, what’s a freestyle session?” I was confused why everyone was happy about it.

 

“Names will be called randomly and if you are called, you can perform solo, or as a group or challenge anyone from the class.” he explained

 

“Jinjja? Seems fun. Jae-sshi can we pair up if I get called?” I was pleading her to agree, eye smile and all.

 

“You know I’m no match if you plead like that, arasso, let’s play together like we used to, if only the other girls were here it would be more fun.” Jae-sshi was referring to our 3 other childhood friends who were in Singapore right now.

 

“Don’t you girls want to perform with us?” Joonie was whining as I often see him do.

 

“Anniyo. You guys can go perform like you used to do.” Jae-sshi was bickering with them again. I was just looking at them, laughing at how close they are.

 

“Next is Gook Soo Jin...” I heard the teacher called out but I was still laughing at Jae-sshi and Joonie fighting over who could perform the best. If it was me, I’d prefer not to perform at all, it makes me nervous.

 

“...I want to challenge the new transferee girl with whatever name she has” what?! Omo. How do I refuse this?

 

“Ya! It’s Min Yun not whatever name she has.” Joonie was rolling his eyes as he was saying it.

 

“Anniyo. Can you please choose someone else? I’m not really into competition.” I was trying to politely reject her challenge.

 

“Wae? Were the rumors true that the only way you got into this school is because your parents are rich. And that you being in this exclusive class is just for show since you don’t have any talent at all than flirting with boys?” but one of her friends pissed Jae-sshi.

 

“What’s the challenge then?” Jae-sshi asked and I was trying to calm her done. The boys were utterly looking at me with confusion.

 

“I’m the top student who can play the violin in this class, think you can beat me?” Soo Jin challenged with an arrogant voice. I wanted to say no, I don’t want to play the violin anymore.

 

“Then why don’t you go ahead and start, but never say I told you so if Yun ah wins. And you take back what you said because you know nothing.” Omo! Jae-sshi how can you say things like this!

 

“Yun ah, it’s going to be okay. We don’t believe in any of those rumors. You may not play if you don’t want to.” Youngsaeng was trying to comfort me; I guess it was obvious that I was unwilling.

 

“Omo! Mianhe Yun ah I forgot about the violin incident! Omo! Ottoke? Don’t play anymore.” Jae-sshi suddenly jumped out of her seat when Soo Jin was finish playing mozart’s piece.

 

“So you’re all talk but no action Jae-sshi? What a babo.” Soo Jin’s friend said.

 

“Fine. You really want competition so badly?” I stood up. I can’t tolerate how people treat others as trash. I was sick of it. I went up the stage and took any violin that I saw.

 

“Let me give you an advice. Your skills and techniques are perfect, but your piece is nothing. You can’t feel anything from it. It’s empty. Playing the violin is more than that, it needs to be linked to you, as if you’re as one.” I said and started the first few notes of my own rendition of Schubert’s Fantasia. My hands moving on its own, creating a romantic flow of music without loosing its classic quality, and with each slight key alterations and chord progression, I began painting a loving music but it is sad at the same time.

 

 

Youngsaeng’s POV

 

I didn’t notice that I stood up from my chair when Yun ah started playing her piece. It was Fantasia, a famous piece by a violin master, it was one of the pieces that not everybody has the skill to play. I closed my eyes and listened to it, the song was romantic but there is also this bittersweet happiness.

 

“Mianhe. Yun ah, Mianhe for making you remember.” I opened my eyes as soon as I heard Jae-sshi say those words.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked while the other guys surrounded her as well. Confused at what she meant.

 

“Look.” That’s all she said and just pointed at Yun ah. We were all shocked, even the whole class was mesmerized by her performance. But we also noticed that her tears were about to fall as the last notes left the violin.

 

“Mianhe. May I go early today Ms. Yumi.” We heard her say then she left the violin on the table and ran out of the front door.

 

“Min Yun!” the teacher called out but she was already out.

 

“Ms. Yumi, I’ll go look for her. Mianhe.” Jae-sshi ran out too.

 

“Boys, I think I need you to help Jae-sshi with Min Yun. She’s a part of your group already right? No need for explanations. I know she has her reasons. Now go. She needs you all. As for the rest of you, you can go now also.” I didn’t get to hear her dismiss the class as the five of us darted out of the room and went separate ways to find her.